#1 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted September 13, 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hey members, being a Lakers fans we have to keep an eye out on our opponents. D. Wade said the Lebron still have room to get even better! On top of that, he's working out with Durant too...so both can get even better. Lebron already a great player, scary to imagine he can get even better...He's 27...can it be possible for him to get better? At this age...

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 13, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Its a mental thing, Lebron is getting very comfortable playing vs Durant. He knows his tendencies, his weaknesses and what not

Also I can definitely see these two pairing up in the future if there is an avenue

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 01:45 PM

They both played like monsters last year, so I would venture to guess that what they did last off-season worked. End of discussion.

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 13, 2012 - 01:55 PM

Its a mental thing, Lebron is getting very comfortable playing vs Durant. He knows his tendencies, his weaknesses and what not

Also I can definitely see these two pairing up in the future if there is an avenue

Who are you skip bayless? lol

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#5 The Bagwan

The Bagwan

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 03:56 PM

LeBron is learning Durant's moves BUT, THE LEARNING GOES BOTH WAYS!:laughing:

#6 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 05:24 PM

I just look at the 1st 2gms in the Finals last year Durant destroyed him in the 4th and yet Lebron didn't cower like he usually does he went right back at him. Hes comfortable playing vs KD now

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#7 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted September 13, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Nobody's comfortable playing against Kobe Bryant.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 07:23 PM

I just look at the 1st 2gms in the Finals last year Durant destroyed him in the 4th and yet Lebron didn't cower like he usually does he went right back at him. Hes comfortable playing vs KD now

That had nothing to do with him being comfy with durant. People really thing lebron is scared of other players, he isnt he is scared of HIMSELF.
Last year their wasnt a player on the mavs that could guard him yet people say he cowered away from the moment, why? Because his shots werent falling. Lebron only gets discouraged when his shots arent going in, never who is in front of him. If lebron hit 25 shots in a row he wouldnt care who was in front of him, but if he missed 10 jumpers a high school kid could be in front of him and he would pass the ball. Lebron doesnt have the mentality of kobe and MJ we know this because unlike them if he isnt feeling his game he doesnt trust in himself, while both of those guys would want the last shot if they were 0-100 from the floor that night.

The heat had a better team this year that is why they won, not because Lebron was comfortable with durant in front of him. When durant and lebron went one on one Durant had his way with bron, while bron had a little more problems with durant on him, but luckily the refs gave him the calls early in the series, which is why you didnt see durant much on him as the series went on.

This is nothing more than two guys working out together, looking anymore in to it is just stupid.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, September 13, 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#9 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 07:51 PM

^ not really. OKC just beat themselves, Kevin Durant had a monster series on offense and did very well vs Lebron but he absolutely sucked on defense. Couldn't guard Lebron, couldnt rebound (he played PF more than half the time and grabbed only 6 rebounds a game, heck even Westbrook his own teammate as a guard out rebounded him). If you put Lebron vs a legit big man he;ll get worn down but OKC wanted to give Durant more space to operate and it cost them on defense. I dont see this small ball being propsperous next year. If you gotta beat Lebron and the Heat gotta put him in uncomfortable spots and OKC didn't do that

As for Lebron and Durant's relationship it is Lebron trying to buddy up just incase if they want to team up...thats what happened with Wade and Bosh. Lebron is taking the Kobe approach he wants the mental edge. Look at Kobe he wants every little mental, physical and strategical edge thats why he has the most titles since he came into the League. Lebron is comfortable now, if you make him uncomfortable and give him looks where his weaker parts of the games need to be effective he'll struggle A LOT.

Edited by MDI, September 13, 2012 - 07:56 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 08:53 PM

^ not really. OKC just beat themselves, Kevin Durant had a monster series on offense and did very well vs Lebron but he absolutely sucked on defense. Couldn't guard Lebron, couldnt rebound (he played PF more than half the time and grabbed only 6 rebounds a game, heck even Westbrook his own teammate as a guard out rebounded him). If you put Lebron vs a legit big man he;ll get worn down but OKC wanted to give Durant more space to operate and it cost them on defense. I dont see this small ball being propsperous next year. If you gotta beat Lebron and the Heat gotta put him in uncomfortable spots and OKC didn't do that

As for Lebron and Durant's relationship it is Lebron trying to buddy up just incase if they want to team up...thats what happened with Wade and Bosh. Lebron is taking the Kobe approach he wants the mental edge. Look at Kobe he wants every little mental, physical and strategical edge thats why he has the most titles since he came into the League. Lebron is comfortable now, if you make him uncomfortable and give him looks where his weaker parts of the games need to be effective he'll struggle A LOT.

Durant did guard lebron effectively but like I said early in the series like game one it became obvious that the refs were gonna give lebron the calls over the more lanky durant, and not give durant the equal calls back. There was talk early in the series by most major sports places saying that durant wasnt getting fair treatment as a star in the league.

However, we both digress lol. Im just saying that them practicing together means nothing. If there are benefits it goes both ways not just for bron. Also why does it matter if he gets more comfortable playing durant anyway hes not gonna be playing him in the finals again :shifty:

#11 The Bagwan

The Bagwan

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 01:05 AM

Who are you, Stephen A. Smith?:ranting:

That had nothing to do with him being comfy with durant. People really thing lebron is scared of other players, he isnt he is scared of HIMSELF.
Last year their wasnt a player on the mavs that could guard him yet people say he cowered away from the moment, why? Because his shots werent falling. Lebron only gets discouraged when his shots arent going in, never who is in front of him. If lebron hit 25 shots in a row he wouldnt care who was in front of him, but if he missed 10 jumpers a high school kid could be in front of him and he would pass the ball. Lebron doesnt have the mentality of kobe and MJ we know this because unlike them if he isnt feeling his game he doesnt trust in himself, while both of those guys would want the last shot if they were 0-100 from the floor that night.

The heat had a better team this year that is why they won, not because Lebron was comfortable with durant in front of him. When durant and lebron went one on one Durant had his way with bron, while bron had a little more problems with durant on him, but luckily the refs gave him the calls early in the series, which is why you didnt see durant much on him as the series went on.

This is nothing more than two guys working out together, looking anymore in to it is just stupid.

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 07:50 AM

Who are you, Stephen A. Smith?:ranting:

ahaha naa Im just saying what I think. I dont see this as that big of a deal. I mean I would never know why you would work out with the enemy basically. I mean I remember Durant saying during the Olympics it was hard to see lebron every day since it was the guy that beat him in the finals. While it is weird to me, I dont think it gives lebron any sort of edge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users