Photo

Shaq To Play In Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:08 PM

I've been to Mexico...

Taco Bell

Such an idiotic statement no offense. Taco Bell is so nothing Mexican at all, not even the food. It is a completely Americanized white version of it that doesn't nearly resemble the true authenticity of anything Mexican at all. I can give you various REAL legit Mexican places. For one, King Taco. You can't even compare.

yo.

#22 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:13 PM

So is Chipotle. Boooo!
Posted Image

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, Chipotle isn't exactly authentic either, but I do still admit that I like it as well as Taco Bell every now & then, but Chipotle is better. That being said though, again, they are certainly neither truly authentic Mexican places.

yo.

#24 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 1,999 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted September 08, 2012 - 06:55 PM

You guys overreact lol
The country is not that bad, we got first world medicine in some states and cities, we are getting LTE some time this year

The cartels leave you be as long you play nice and dont mess with them

All you hear in the news its homicides, all those people were involved, they seek out the easy life thats their prize

You should visit the country, its beautiful (some parts lol) the food is cheap and we like party and drink a lot... Like any civilized society LOL
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,977 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 08, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Such an idiotic statement no offense. Taco Bell is so nothing Mexican at all, not even the food. It is a completely Americanized white version of it that doesn't nearly resemble the true authenticity of anything Mexican at all. I can give you various REAL legit Mexican places. For one, King Taco. You can't even compare.

No offense, but eat a dick.

I made a light-hearted comment in a light-hearted thread.

Taco Bell works well for me as far as mexican food goes: tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, etc.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#26 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 1,999 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted September 08, 2012 - 07:47 PM

To get "mexican" food you only need tortillas LOL
I got friends that eat sushi as tacos... Smh
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,690 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 08, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Being a grad student that spent about 95% of time on campus or in the gym.. I...LOVE..CHIPOTLE!!!

I've always liked Steve Blake.

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 07:53 PM

No offense, but eat a dick.

I made a light-hearted comment in a light-hearted thread.

Taco Bell works well for me as far as mexican food goes: tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, etc.

Wow really? How mature is that? From 'idiotic statement' to 'eat a dick'. That's quite a jump wouldn't you say? How pathetic.

& clearly you did get somewhat offended when all I was stating was the truth. No need to get touchy touchy about it. Clearly I would know better than you cause I actually DO have some Mexican blood, been there, know the difference between what's legit and what's not and yet you get all sensitive about me stating the truth.

Also, to some extent, I actually understand where you're coming from cause I'm almost certain there's not nearly as many authentic Mexican food places over there more by the east coast than over here where I'm at obviously.

yo.

#29 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 07:56 PM

No offense but you guys are derailing my thread :P
Posted Image

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 07:59 PM

^ Semi-joking or not, I apologize. You are the OP also so I must respect. I highly doubt this happens and not so much for the potential danger issues we've discussed briefly in here, but just because I think Shaq feels he's got a good thing going at TNT right now and I seriously doubt he'd be that desperate for money. I'm sure he can still find a whole lot of other ways besides even his current TNT gig to get some green.

yo.

#31 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,977 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Wow really? How mature is that? From 'idiotic statement' to 'eat a dick'. That's quite a jump wouldn't you say? How pathetic.

& clearly you did get somewhat offended when all I was stating was the truth. No need to get touchy touchy about it. Clearly I would know better than you cause I actually DO have some Mexican blood, been there, know the difference between what's legit and what's not and yet you get all sensitive about me stating the truth.

Also, to some extent, I actually understand where you're coming from cause I'm almost certain there's not nearly as many authentic Mexican food places over there more by the east coast than over here where I'm at obviously.

It was just about as mature as your "such an idiotic statement" quip. How hypocritical.

What you said was a [expletive]ing opinion...not truth. You can't separate something as simple as different people's tastes. Just because you don't feel Taco Bell doesn't represent your "Mexican blood" doesn't mean [expletive] to my taste buds nor my wallet.

All I said was "I've been to Mexico...Taco Bell"...light-heartedly building upon a hunger of things in which I'm incapable of eating right now. You should take your own advice sometimes.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#32 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:01 PM

I was jk haha
Posted Image

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:04 PM

It was just about as mature as your "such an idiotic statement" quip. How hypocritical.

What you said was a [expletive]ing opinion...not truth. You can't separate something as simple as different people's tastes. Just because you don't feel Taco Bell doesn't represent your "Mexican blood" doesn't mean [expletive] to my taste buds nor my wallet.

All I said was "I've been to Mexico...Taco Bell"...light-heartedly building upon a hunger of things in which I'm incapable of eating right now. You should take your own advice sometimes.

Eat a dick is way worse than idiotic statement. Anybody who disagrees with that is wrong period.

I can respect your opinion that you like Taco Bell. I do as well, but I can't shy away from calling out your statement labeling it Mexican food. It is nothing close and I'm personally offended when I hear such, but I guess, unfortunately, I just must realize that some just don't know any better including yourself. Not entirely your fault either.

yo.

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,977 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Eat a dick is way worse than idiotic statement. Anybody who disagrees with that is wrong period.

I can respect your opinion that you like Taco Bell. I do as well, but I can't shy away from calling out your statement labeling it Mexican food. It is nothing close and I'm personally offended when I hear such, but I guess, unfortunately, I just must realize that some just don't know any better including yourself. Not entirely your fault either.

Oh, so now you wanna compare which insult is worse than the other? <_<

Don't get offended if I tell you to "eat a dick" when you called my statement idiotic and jumped down my throat over [expletive]ing mexican food.

Is not a taco a traditional mexican dish? Taco Bell has those

Is not a quesadilla a traditional mexican dish? Taco Bell has those

You may not think the QUALITY is up to "mexican food standards" but really, who gives a [expletive]?

There's a lot of [expletive] you say that I could be "offended" by but I normally don't even bother.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:17 PM

There's a lot of [expletive] you say that I could be "offended" by but I normally don't even bother.

If I bother you that much, you should probably put me on ignore. Sorry you feel that way.

yo.

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,977 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:19 PM

I've been asking that question for so long: How in the hell do I put a [expletive]ing dot on ignore???
Pau Gasol is TRASH

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:22 PM

^ Really? You see a dot? Honestly? I don't even see that.

yo.

#38 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Lol the [expletive]ing dot!
Posted Image

#39 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Anyway has anyone heard of a shaq and tnt crew beef? I saw it in a few comments on the espn article but have not found anything on google. All i found was he was beefing with Jaylen Rose. The article says only a few games so im thinking maybe 3 -5 games.
Posted Image

• 39,040 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Lol the [expletive]ing dot!

Oh he definitely mad.

Do you see it though?

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users