#81 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:17 PM

Of course he asked Ariza to be put in. Could have put in one of the cheerleaders and they would have done a better job than that trash called Luke Walton. ugh, what a terrible player

Edited by Windu, September 08, 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#82 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 08, 2012 - 08:36 PM

People have to be delusional if they think Goudelock is better than Morris Idk how anybody came to that conclusion... when one is a undersized 2 guard who can't guard anybody and only thing he can do is shoot 3's but Morris can pass, dribble, create his own shot, and play mediocre defense but Goudelock is still better though? LOL

#83 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 08, 2012 - 09:30 PM

People have to be delusional if they think Goudelock is better than Morris Idk how anybody came to that conclusion... when one is a undersized 2 guard who can't guard anybody and only thing he can do is shoot 3's but Morris can pass, dribble, create his own shot, and play mediocre defense but Goudelock is still better though? LOL

Comparing garbage with garbage......how pathetic

#84 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 09, 2012 - 12:39 AM

Goudelock is better than morris.

#85 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted September 09, 2012 - 04:53 AM

I haven't seen anything from Morris

Pau Gasol is GONE

#86 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 05:50 AM

So what your saying is that goudleock has a better skill set than Morris but isn't productive at all

#87 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 06:26 AM

I can give you glock's numbers when he was getting consistent playing time...which are impressive numbers.....

#88 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 10, 2012 - 11:22 AM

I can give you glock's numbers when he was getting consistent playing time...which are impressive numbers.....

Seven games, and that's it. It's good enough to say that Goudelock is better than Morris, but nothing more...because those seven games (where he was getting consistent time off the bench), they were early in the season (mid-to-late January, early Feb). As the season progressed, he started playing poorly, even when he did get significant time (the Minnesota game comes to mind, and also, the final game vs. the Kings), and that's due to fatigue...despite not having a big role on the team. If you're a professional athlete, and you're coming off the bench for 10-11 minutes a night, you shouldn't show fatigue.

Not only that, but he couldn't defend anyone.

Both of these guys suck. I don't know why they are so overrated here. Morris has a better overall game, but Goudelock is more effective because he can spread the floor far, far better, and he doesn't lose control often. Doesn't matter, because neither are productive at this point, we have a backup PG in Steve Blake that is five times better than Morris (sadly), and now we have Jodie Meeks, who can do far more than Goudelock can + spread the floor as well.

#89 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 10, 2012 - 01:29 PM

Seriously, Morris and Goudelock are lucky to have jerseys on the team right now.

Both of them are D-League fodder - at best.

#90 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,527 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 10, 2012 - 03:12 PM

I swear ever sense last seasons preseason where Morris ha 1 good game everyone thinks he's good. I don't know where people are thinking he is good. He's never done anything to get any type of this attention

#91 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 10, 2012 - 07:54 PM

To say Steve Blake is better than Darius Morris is Blasphemy

#92 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted September 10, 2012 - 08:47 PM

To say Darius Morris is better than Steve Blake is being a bonafide homer.

#93 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 10, 2012 - 09:13 PM

seriously whats with your morris hype.

#94 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 10, 2012 - 09:46 PM

seriously whats with your morris hype.

I'm not saying he's an all star or anything but I know he's better than a pg that had 8 effiency rating like its crazy how people defend Blake

#95 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,527 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 10, 2012 - 09:54 PM

It not defending blake its knowing that he is still better. Just because blake is bad doesn't make morris better. If morris got blakes time morris's stats would be dramatically worse.

#96 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted September 10, 2012 - 11:52 PM

I'm not saying he's an all star or anything but I know he's better than a pg that had 8 effiency rating like its crazy how people defend Blake

Offensive Rating: Blake 98, Morris 84
Defensive Rating: Blake 108, Morris 109 (lower the number, the better when it comes to DRtg)
Steals Percentage: Blake 1.7, Morris 0.6
Assist Percentage: Blake 20.9, Morris 19.1
PER (the stat you brought up above): Blake 8.5, Morris 5.2
Turnovers per 36 minutes: Blake 2.1, Morris 4.0 (Morris with the highest amount per 36 minutes on the team)

And even bigger numbers...
Per 48 minute production
Win Shares per 48 minutes: Blake 0.040, Morris -0.045 (the only player in negative WS/48 was Morris, by the way)
Turnover Percentage (turnovers per 100 plays): Blake 20.5, Morris 29.2 (Morris the highest on the team, by far)
Allowed eFG%: Blake 44.7%, Morris 54.6% (LOL wut...I didn't even know that)
Allowed PER: Blake 13.8, Morris 21.4
eFG% of said player at primary position: Blake 47.6%, Morris 45% (at the PG position, Morris shot 100% as a two-guard, which altered his overall eFG%)

---------

I have MUCH more where that came from, but you get the picture (well, everyone else does).

And with that said...Steve Blake played against the better talent, while most of what Morris did was in garbage time. Even bigger sting, since his PER36 and PER48 numbers (and the ratings per 100 possessions) still showed Blake as the more productive, and BETTER, player.

Yikes. Even as efficient as Morris seemed to be vs. Steve Blake (neither were in regards to FG%), their TS% was nearly the same: 50% for Morris, 49.3% for Blake. That's another shocker for me, especially considering how many more jumpers and threes Steve Blake took.

Your move, Darius.

#97 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 11, 2012 - 01:28 AM

Seven games, and that's it. It's good enough to say that Goudelock is better than Morris, but nothing more...because those seven games (where he was getting consistent time off the bench), they were early in the season (mid-to-late January, early Feb). As the season progressed, he started playing poorly, even when he did get significant time (the Minnesota game comes to mind, and also, the final game vs. the Kings), and that's due to fatigue...despite not having a big role on the team. If you're a professional athlete, and you're coming off the bench for 10-11 minutes a night, you shouldn't show fatigue.

Not only that, but he couldn't defend anyone.

Both of these guys suck. I don't know why they are so overrated here. Morris has a better overall game, but Goudelock is more effective because he can spread the floor far, far better, and he doesn't lose control often. Doesn't matter, because neither are productive at this point, we have a backup PG in Steve Blake that is five times better than Morris (sadly), and now we have Jodie Meeks, who can do far more than Goudelock can + spread the floor as well.

I know morris sucks don't make a mistake about it. Glock had several good games in the season, and that you can build on. Morris showed nothing IMO.

#98 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 11, 2012 - 05:43 AM

Offensive Rating: Blake 98, Morris 84
Defensive Rating: Blake 108, Morris 109 (lower the number, the better when it comes to DRtg)
Steals Percentage: Blake 1.7, Morris 0.6
Assist Percentage: Blake 20.9, Morris 19.1
PER (the stat you brought up above): Blake 8.5, Morris 5.2
Turnovers per 36 minutes: Blake 2.1, Morris 4.0 (Morris with the highest amount per 36 minutes on the team)

And even bigger numbers...
Per 48 minute production
Win Shares per 48 minutes: Blake 0.040, Morris -0.045 (the only player in negative WS/48 was Morris, by the way)
Turnover Percentage (turnovers per 100 plays): Blake 20.5, Morris 29.2 (Morris the highest on the team, by far)
Allowed eFG%: Blake 44.7%, Morris 54.6% (LOL wut...I didn't even know that)
Allowed PER: Blake 13.8, Morris 21.4
eFG% of said player at primary position: Blake 47.6%, Morris 45% (at the PG position, Morris shot 100% as a two-guard, which altered his overall eFG%)

---------

I have MUCH more where that came from, but you get the picture (well, everyone else does).

And with that said...Steve Blake played against the better talent, while most of what Morris did was in garbage time. Even bigger sting, since his PER36 and PER48 numbers (and the ratings per 100 possessions) still showed Blake as the more productive, and BETTER, player.

Yikes. Even as efficient as Morris seemed to be vs. Steve Blake (neither were in regards to FG%), their TS% was nearly the same: 50% for Morris, 49.3% for Blake. That's another shocker for me, especially considering how many more jumpers and threes Steve Blake took.

Your move, Darius.

19 games in a 66 game season and both either garbage time or very limited amount of time and your bringing stats up like that means anything? If that's the case lets look at lebrons rookie season and compare it to Kobe's rookie season lol ... Kobe had limited playing time and Lebron had way more playing time so that's not really going to show too much unless they are getting around the same amount of playing time I still feel that he deserves more playing time than Steve Blake if there numbers are that close and Morris barely ever plays and had a lot of garbage time minutes than that makes him way better than blake IMO and it seems like he's been improving some of last year and hopefully a lot this year everything will come up in training camps and people will get their expected role

#99 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted September 11, 2012 - 07:20 AM

19 games in a 66 game season

Did everything I could to actually force you to read this 10 times over. That's what we continue to tell you. There is NOTHING there that tells ANYONE that he will be productive.

both either garbage time or very limited amount of time

Uh, both? Steve Blake was getting clutch time minutes (I can show you those stats, too), and he played over 23 minutes a game. That's two quarters. Garbage minutes? He was defending Rondo quite a bit, among other PG's.

Are you blindly defending Morris when you make these statements? Yes, you are.

and your bringing stats up like that means anything?

Would you like me to go quote a few of your posts? Was it not you that brought up Morris' big game in the SL? Was it not you that brought up Morris having a better FG% than Blake this season? Was it not you that, just a few posts up, brought up Steve Blake's efficiency rating?

Kobe had limited playing time and Lebron had way more playing time so that's not really going to show too much unless they are getting around the same amount of playing time

Uh...Kobe didn't play because there was an all-star by the name of Eddie Jones that was more experienced and a better overall player (even though Kobe could actually take him in a one-on-one in front of the coaching staff, he was not the team player Eddie was).

Darius Morris isn't playing because there's a bench player by the name of Steve Blake that is simply better...and because Darius Morris will never be anything close to Kobe Bryant, or any all-star (or even borderline all-star) that you can dream up and post here at LN.

I still feel that he deserves more playing time than Steve Blake if there numbers are that close and Morris barely ever plays and had a lot of garbage time minutes than that makes him way better than blake IMO

The numbers aren't that close...and that last part doesn't make sense. He played garbage time. That means he played against the other horrible players in the NBA, in minutes where, as a ball-dominant player (and someone you feel should have STARTED a few games last year), he should have tore them up. Instead, his numbers (again, in garbage time, against inferior talent) were among the worst on the team. That's including ratings, PER36 and PER48...anything that helps us gauge how good he could have been if he played bigger minutes, he didn't make the cut.

I've got so much more to unload on this guy, but I'm going to do it out of nowhere, every now and then, since he's quickly becoming the most hated Laker in my eyes. I'm getting sick and tired of reading ANYTHING about this scrub, and I hope we drop this guy so he can take a boat overseas and become another overweight and bitter Smush Parker.

#100 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 11, 2012 - 08:43 AM

It's okay real deal we have had countless arguments over players you deem scrubs and that I think can actually contribute like the whole Gerald Green argument and now he's signed to the Indiana pacers for a 2 year deal when he was on our squad trying to make a cut I honestly think you don't look at a players overall skill set at all I think you just pick and chose who believe is good and who isn't good based on favoritism... From what I've seen from Darius Morris is that he has a good enough skill set to at least be a consistent reserve role for Steve Nash I don't think he will be a all star I firmly believe he's better than Steve Blake and you believe he isn't and it isn't much to be better than Steve Blake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users