SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 529 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Kup

Posted September 07, 2012 - 05:02 PM

use glock like the bulls used paxson and kerr: nail 3s

if he can do that consistently, he'll get some playing time

kerr was something like 45% from 3 over his 15 or 16 seasons. he also hovered around 50% shooting from the field in those 5 season with the bulls and 52% from 3 for a few of those years. i dont think glock can ever do that, but i feel you on the way they can use him like that though it will either be situational or when others are cold.

hopefully he is a polar opposite from his spl
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#62 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,960 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 07, 2012 - 05:37 PM

If he puts in work, I believe he can. So much attention will on Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and Pau that he's bound to be more open than he's ever been...just catch and shoot
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#63 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 07, 2012 - 06:36 PM

Paxson is a little different. He did more than just shoot the ball. He had quite the court vision, and a high IQ, both of which Goudelock doesn't possess. He also didn't shoot as many threes as people think...never averaged two a game, and many seasons, he shot less than one a night.

#64 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,960 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 07:02 PM

seems like whenever I watched those Bulls (many years ago) he was always making those 3s. first paxson, then kerr...almost automatic
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#65 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 07, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Don't forget about Armstrong.

On topic, I don't think Glock will ever develop into a strong shooter

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#66 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 07, 2012 - 07:15 PM

Don't forget about Armstrong.

On topic, I don't think Glock will ever develop into a strong shooter

he shot 100% in the playoffs :laughing:
Posted Image

#67 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 07:25 PM

seems like whenever I watched those Bulls (many years ago) he was always making those 3s. first paxson, then kerr...almost automatic

Had to check it out (I was on my phone earlier, so I get lazy looking up stats), and Paxson never attempted more than 1.7 3PTA/G in a season. Six of his 11 seasons, Paxson shot under one a night.

Once Kerr landed in Chicago, Paxson was in his final season as an NBA player...33-34 years old, played only 27 games, insignificant.

In 1995-96 (Chicago's 72-win season), Pippen actually shot over five threes a game. Jordan was second on the team, with 3.2 3PTA/G. Kerr was third, at 2.9 (and that was the highest of his career).

#68 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 07, 2012 - 10:10 PM

If he puts in work, I believe he can. So much attention will on Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and Pau that he's bound to be more open than he's ever been...just catch and shoot

I think he needs real consistent playing time to grow at this point. He's shown what he can do, but the playing time needs to be on a consistent basis to establish some kind of rhythm...this goes for any shooter. You can't play the guy, then don't play him for a week, and expect efficient numbers.

#69 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 10:49 PM

He's shown what he can do

-_-

#70 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:04 PM

-_-

#71 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:16 PM

#72 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,011 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:22 PM

Why is it people think if you show them a highlight reel it makes them good. Its not even a good one too. Wow he mad all those shots in that video he must be good. :nah:

#73 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 01:46 AM

Why is it people think if you show them a highlight reel it makes them good. Its not even a good one too. Wow he mad all those shots in that video he must be good. :nah:

Very few people can do that floater and the distance that glock does it is quite remarkable. He's mastered it like rose and parker basically.

Yes, I think the mini mamba is quite skilled, and to play ball at his height in the NBA you have to be extremely skilled.

He's pretty quick and can get by his man. If he worked on his passing then he would be a good pg, but his mindset is to score.

#74 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 529 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Kup

Posted September 08, 2012 - 03:25 AM

Very few people can do that floater and the distance that glock does it is quite remarkable. He's mastered it like rose and parker basically.

Yes, I think the mini mamba is quite skilled, and to play ball at his height in the NBA you have to be extremely skilled.

He's pretty quick and can get by his man. If he worked on his passing then he would be a good pg, but his mindset is to score.

the floater is not really that uncommon anymore, not many good point guards dont have that shot nowadays. glock quick? stop watching games with rose colored glasses on.

he lacks a whole lot more than just passing to be a good pg and his handles are just average, actually kind of poor for a guy his size. so because he has a floater he will be a good pg?

maybe one day he can be a good combo guy but tbh players needing less work at that spot are a dime a dozen in todays game. if i were you i wouldnt get attached to glock, the ice is thin around him.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#75 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,960 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 09:47 AM

Had to check it out (I was on my phone earlier, so I get lazy looking up stats), and Paxson never attempted more than 1.7 3PTA/G in a season. Six of his 11 seasons, Paxson shot under one a night.

Once Kerr landed in Chicago, Paxson was in his final season as an NBA player...33-34 years old, played only 27 games, insignificant.

In 1995-96 (Chicago's 72-win season), Pippen actually shot over five threes a game. Jordan was second on the team, with 3.2 3PTA/G. Kerr was third, at 2.9 (and that was the highest of his career).

yeh, I double-checked the other day too and I knew his attempts would be low but the few attempts they got always seemed to go in. I just remember watching those two when they got the ball and I'd always think to myself: "Well, that's automatic". Especially remember some critical 3s they made

Just feel some level of comfort when you have a player or two that will come in and you have the utmost confidence that they'll nail that 3 ball.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#76 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,011 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 08, 2012 - 10:03 AM

Very few people cant hit a floater. Almost every pg in the game uses the floater. Its nothing special. He isnt quick. I dont remember him getting by any guys really or at least like rose does. Also he in no way could be a pg. His ball handling skill arent that good. YOu arent watching games your just watching highlight films. So if you want to be delusional and think a [expletive]ty player is good here.

#77 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,960 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 10:26 AM

a walton mix?

my eyes!!!!
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#78 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Very few people cant hit a floater. Almost every pg in the game uses the floater. Its nothing special. He isnt quick. I dont remember him getting by any guys really or at least like rose does. Also he in no way could be a pg. His ball handling skill arent that good. YOu arent watching games your just watching highlight films. So if you want to be delusional and think a [expletive]ty player is good here.

Nope not every pg can hit a floater consistently. Lol he got by his man numerous times in that vid. Glock > Lebron, lol

#79 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 08, 2012 - 04:02 PM

a walton mix?

my eyes!!!!

Posted Image

#80 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,464 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 08, 2012 - 04:51 PM

Thing is Walton was actually one of the top 3 point shooters in the league and would have been first in the league if he never got injured. Goudelock has yet to show that yet. Walton was actually a solid player but injuries really shortened and ruined his career. And to act like he was an untalented hack is nearsighted and idiotic.

not to mention it was Walton that went to Phil and told Phil to play Ariza over him because Ariza would do better. He was a team guy and a nice guy and he was a solid role player and injuries contributed to his decline.

But for him to be the butt of nearly every 'bad player Laker' joke is stupid imo.

Edited by Majesty, September 08, 2012 - 04:59 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users