#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 06, 2012 - 02:17 PM

a pg like morris almost has to have a jumper to help his passing game, not to mention dominant post players benefit greatly from a pg that can shoot

He will need a jump shot eventually, but the first thing I would want him to improve on is his decision making and not making turnovers and learning to play in the flow of the offense and how to dictate and manage it. Those are very important things, the jump shot will come, but decision making and not turning over the ball are two very important aspects he needs to be consistent at when it comes to his game.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 06, 2012 - 02:51 PM

He will need a jump shot eventually, but the first thing I would want him to improve on is his decision making and not making turnovers and learning to play in the flow of the offense and how to dictate and manage it. Those are very important things, the jump shot will come, but decision making and not turning over the ball are two very important aspects he needs to be consistent at when it comes to his game.

yes he needs to improve on his decision making but thats not something easy to work on really, its something that comes with playing and learning team mates moreso than drills, drills are important but its not the same. there is no reason why he cant work on multiple aspect of his game, you really cant work on just one thing anyways, its really impossible(players have to work on basically all aspects of their game all the time to keep them).

improving that jumper should make his playmaking much easier and help prevent turnovers. he also needs to work out to improve his athleticism, which will also make it much easier overall

tbh, some of the mistakes he has made should be things that he learned a long time ago. people are entitled to their brain farts but morris is gonna need to cork it or fork it, as in stick a fork in him, he's done
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#43 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam

Posted September 06, 2012 - 08:17 PM

I don't think you guys are getting it. Goudelocke is a great spot up shooter and can contribute greatly with the new roster if given the chance. You guys say he has no intangibles but the intangibles of a great shooter and offensive player is that their man has to stick with him, and respect his shot. This spreads the floor....so to say he has no intangibles is wrong.

To me goudelocke can be that guy camping out in the corner somewhere...spreading the floor, and making teams pay when they leave him open.

To me he has the same intangibles as a guy like paxon , Kerr, etc. Except this guy actually has a good first step and nice floater to boot.

Edited by Kobe>Jordan, September 06, 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#44 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,315 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted September 06, 2012 - 08:20 PM

I don't think you guys are getting it. Goudelocke is a great spot up shooter and can contribute greatly with the new roster if given the chance. You guys say he has no intangibles but the intangibles of a great shooter and offensive player is that their man has to stick with him, and respect his shot. This spreads the floor....so to say he has no intangibles is wrong.

To me goudelocke can be that guy camping out in the corner somewhere...spreading the floor, and making teams pay when they leave him open.

If your gonna praise him this hard, the least you can do is spell his name correctly.

Oh yeah we have Jodie Meeks who is much better.

Edited by Michaelyumm, September 06, 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#45 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 08:32 PM

If your gonna praise him this hard, the least you can do is spell his name correctly.

Oh yeah we have Jodie Meeks who is much better.

Meeks is good. I think goudelock is a better shooter

#46 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 06, 2012 - 09:42 PM

The Morris hate in this forum is insane..

#47 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 06, 2012 - 09:46 PM

What hate? He's not an NBA player right now. Period.

The Morris hype is far more disturbing. Then again, Sun Yue was the Chinese Magic Johnson to some...

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 06, 2012 - 09:47 PM

To be honest, Morris really doesn't deserve any hate, as much as he doesn't deserve praise. He really doesn't deserve to be discussed. Kind of sad, but true.

#49 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 10:04 PM

I see Morris as a project player that could be a good rotational player for us in the future... If given minutes and allowed to learn from mistakes... He's a second round draft pick that should have stayed in college another year and didn't even get a training camp and only 2 preseason games.... and played with in a offense that was the ugliest thing I've ever seen with players that should have never been signed on a lakers team...

Morris right now is not a great player or even a good player at that but he has potential to do a lot for us if we use him the right way...lol look at what mike dantoni did for jeremy lin lol

#50 RainMaker

RainMaker

Rookie

• 14 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:The Black Mamba

Posted September 06, 2012 - 10:08 PM

i really had high hopes for this kid, but was really dissapointed. all he worried about when he was on the court, was to get up a three point shot

#51 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 10:58 PM

I see Morris as a project player that could be a good rotational player for us in the future... If given minutes and allowed to learn from mistakes... He's a second round draft pick that should have stayed in college another year and didn't even get a training camp and only 2 preseason games.... and played with in a offense that was the ugliest thing I've ever seen with players that should have never been signed on a lakers team...

Morris right now is not a great player or even a good player at that but he has potential to do a lot for us if we use him the right way...lol look at what mike dantoni did for jeremy lin lol

Morris potential is to be a good off the bench player if he improves a lot. That's it. I think goudelock has a lot more potential than Morris because he's a pure shooter. Every shot goudelock takes looks like it's going in.

#52 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Use him the right way? The only players teams do that for are early first-rounders that have the potential to be franchise players. Otherwise, these guys walk in learning the ropes, and adjusting their game, to be in the offense that we use for our superstars and best players.

If Morris is going to remain a Laker, he will learn how to shoot the ball. If we were using him the way he "should" be used by most teams, we'd be letting him drive the ball constantly, because that's all he has shown he can do at this point...and in a professional basketball game, in the NBA (not the D-League), he would turn the ball over constantly...and it doesn't fit our offense or work for the players that deserve the most touches (pretty much everyone aside from Morris and the other young guns).

D'Antoni did exactly what I described above: he took the ball out of everyone's hands, gave it to Jeremy Lin, and told him to GO. Was there even an offensive strategy? Not really. Amare and Melo weren't working together, the Knicks didn't have a PG, and nobody on the roster (top to bottom) was able to distribute the ball. Lin fit what D'Antoni wanted to do perfectly, and I never really understood why people thought Jeremy Lin wasn't going to be a decent PG anyway. Didn't see why he went undrafted. He proved he was an "everything guy" back at Harvard, and even in high school...leading both of his teams and showing his IQ was well up there.

Lin is a 6'3" prototypical PG that has a high IQ, being leaked into a system that needed exactly what he had to offer (and needing it desperately, at that). The shock factor was there, yes...and I was shocked that he actually produced the way he did (just not shocked that he would be sort of productive), but there is no comparison here.

#53 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 02:10 AM

always here people saying LA needs shooters....well, goudelock is a great shooter and if you don't think so you are blind or are a bandwagoner that didn't watch last season

Edited by Kobe>Jordan, September 07, 2012 - 02:11 AM.

#54 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Besnik

Posted September 07, 2012 - 08:05 AM

always here people saying LA needs shooters....well, goudelock is a great shooter and if you don't think so you are blind or are a bandwagoner that didn't watch last season

as much as I love Goudelock, we need D too. Not just shooters.

#55 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 08:55 AM

A great shooter is Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, etc.

A good shooter is Goudelock. 37% is good, but he only attempted a 3 just 75 times last season, it's a small sample. That's his game though no doubt.

#56 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 10:47 AM

He's an undersized two-guard. Unless he's Dwyane Wade (and he most certainly is not), he's going to get dominated on the defensive end of the court. Badly. And it's not exactly the fact that he'll let guys get to the rim (he will, but we do have Dwight now), but the taller two-guards will shoot over him with ease.

For every three-pointer he provides, he's likely to give up 4+ points. He's not ready.

#57 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Meeks is good. I think goudelock is a better shooter

damn dude get over it and stop with the pointless threads please. how did you come to the conclusion that glock is a better shooter? goudelock has had 1 season at 37+% , while meeks has done that for basically 3 seasons. meeks is a far better defender so far and is better off the ball as well as more athletic.. meeks was signed for a reason, thats because they were not comfortable with glock backing up kobe. do you understand that?

i will agree that glock at least has something that he is good at as opposed to morris and therefore i think he can have some utility but its most likely only going to be situational or when other guys are not shooting well.

the problem with glock is, that if he isnt hitting , he is useless. look at troy murphy, he shot a much better % than glock last season at a hair under 42%(ugly as hell and way off half the time but hey cant argue much with that number) . how many minutes did he get?

maybe the kid will blossom into a good player but he hasnt yet and isnt gonna get minutes unless he earns them
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#58 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 11:32 AM

damn dude get over it and stop with the pointless threads please. how did you come to the conclusion that glock is a better shooter? goudelock has had 1 season at 37+% , while meeks has done that for basically 3 seasons.

I actually agree that Goudelock may be the better shooter, regardless of what the statistics show (since one is less experienced) because he's primarily a three-point shooter (spot-up and off the dribble), but other than that, Meeks pretty much has his number in everything else, which goes back to what I was saying in my last post (and really, it can be said about Morris as well, when compared to Steve Blake).

Fans have to understand that every guy comes into the NBA with potential. That's why they are drafted, even in the second round. You can put up 15 points a night in college, showing potential that you can be a bench scorer in the NBA, get drafted mid-second round...and then, never tap into it because the NBA game basically robs you of any advantages you had in college. You get those gems every now and then, but both Morris and Goudelock have not given any indication that they will be one.

#59 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 01:00 PM

I actually agree that Goudelock may be the better shooter, regardless of what the statistics show (since one is less experienced) because he's primarily a three-point shooter (spot-up and off the dribble), but other than that, Meeks pretty much has his number in everything else, which goes back to what I was saying in my last post (and really, it can be said about Morris as well, when compared to Steve Blake).

Fans have to understand that every guy comes into the NBA with potential. That's why they are drafted, even in the second round. You can put up 15 points a night in college, showing potential that you can be a bench scorer in the NBA, get drafted mid-second round...and then, never tap into it because the NBA game basically robs you of any advantages you had in college. You get those gems every now and then, but both Morris and Goudelock have not given any indication that they will be one.

im not saying who the better shooter is, just that there is little evidence for someone to say they think glock is. glock could very well be a better shooter but for now ill go with the guy who has hit 277 threes during the reg season vs the guy that has hit 28.

as far as potential, i dont put too much stock into an unathletic undersized guy who cant play the 1. like i said though he can have some utility if he can stretch the floor but its situational because he cant guard 1's or 2's and cant play the 1 either while the lakers dont have the defense at the 1 to make up for him at the 2.

i agree neither have given any gemological indications, especially morris. he makes farmar(shout out to taft hs) look like cp3

#60 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted September 07, 2012 - 02:23 PM

use glock like the bulls used paxson and kerr: nail 3s

if he can do that consistently, he'll get some playing time

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic