153 replies to this topic

#21 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:40 PM

Goudelock showed more than Morris last season.

Why am I even voicing my opinion about two second round scrubs .... SMH

Kinda surprised with the Goudelock hate in this thread. Especially since many were complaining he wasn't getting enough time during the season.

Goudelock actually produced when given minutes. He won't see the floor expect in garbage time. Meeks is taking minutes at the back up 2

:rofl:

I'm not even sure what's going on right now, lol.

#22 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Kinda surprised with the Goudelock hate in this thread. Especially since many were complaining he wasn't getting enough time during the season.

Goudelock actually produced when given minutes. He won't see the floor expect in garbage time. Meeks is taking minutes at the back up 2

DID YOU WATCH SUMMER LEAGUE AT ALL? and Glock is trash when he isn't hitting shots cause he has no intangibles AT ALL

#23 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:45 PM

:rofl:

I'm not even sure what's going on right now, lol.

Lol i know I know.

The Glock hate confused me so I had to say something. Still don't know why I'm doing it though. Haha

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:47 PM

DID YOU WATCH SUMMER LEAGUE AT ALL? and Glock is trash when he isn't hitting shots cause he has no intangibles AT ALL

I'm not talking about the scrub league.

I'm talking about actual NBA competition. Goudelock actually did some good things during the regular season.

#25 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 04, 2012 - 10:11 PM

goudelock is nothing special but he can be useful for the lakers if other guys are not shooting well, morris is more likely to contribute nothing. they are both defensive liabilites but morris is an offensive liability as well. ultimately neither will likely play any meaningful minutes
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#26 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted September 04, 2012 - 10:19 PM

goudelock is nothing special but he can be useful for the lakers if other guys are not shooting well, morris is more likely to contribute nothing. they are both defensive liabilites but morris is an offensive liability as well. ultimately neither will likely play any meaningful minutes

Defensively, Morris is probably our best option at the point. You can put me down for saying that, even if it does come across as foolish. But, I'd say its more due to the lack of defense our other points possess. Still, I think Morris holds what little value he may have because of his potential on defense.

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 04, 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'm not talking about the scrub league.

I'm talking about actual NBA competition. Goudelock actually did some good things during the regular season.

But Darius Morris has the potential to be the greatest of all time. ALL TIME.

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 08:26 AM

The scrub league...lol.

By the way, that loser Darius Morris shot 36.9% in the SL this summer. He was 32nd in scoring...which was under the likes of...

Jimmy Butler (20.8 PPG)
Tobias Harris (20.8)
Wes Johnson (20.5)
Cory Joseph (17.0)
E'Twaun Moore (17.0)
Dominique Jones (16.4)
Terrel Harris (15.5)
BJ Mullens (15.4)

ALL FUTURE STARS!

And out of all of those guys above, ALL of them shot a better percentage, most by a significant margin.

Of the top 31 that were above Morris, all but three shot better.

Morris is a super scrub right now. I really wish we would stop talking about this dude like he is some special player. He didn't even dominate the SL.

#29 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,822 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 05, 2012 - 08:29 AM

This guy(goudelocke) needs 20 a night no joke. He's got the skills and he'll be open a lot this season. He can be our ray Allen killer. 2 mambas > 1 mamba

Dont worry we have 80% of our top scientist trying to figure out what is wrong with you.

:laughing: :laughing: I joke, I joke.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#30 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted September 05, 2012 - 10:58 AM

The scrub league...lol.

By the way, that loser Darius Morris shot 36.9% in the SL this summer. He was 32nd in scoring...which was under the likes of...

Jimmy Butler (20.8 PPG)
Tobias Harris (20.8)
Wes Johnson (20.5)
Cory Joseph (17.0)
E'Twaun Moore (17.0)
Dominique Jones (16.4)
Terrel Harris (15.5)
BJ Mullens (15.4)

ALL FUTURE STARS!

And out of all of those guys above, ALL of them shot a better percentage, most by a significant margin.

Morris is a super scrub right now. I really wish we would stop talking about this dude like he is some special player. He didn't even dominate the SL.

lol I don't know why I laughed when I saw that. Probably because I pictured you accentuating 'loser'.

#31 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted September 05, 2012 - 11:44 AM

The scrub league...lol.

Jimmy Butler (20.8 PPG)
Tobias Harris (20.8)
Wes Johnson (20.5)
Cory Joseph (17.0)
E'Twaun Moore (17.0)
Dominique Jones (16.4)
Terrel Harris (15.5)
BJ Mullens (15.4)

ALL FUTURE STARS!

To be fair Andrew Goudelock(the dude that deserves 20 minutes a game lol) didn't even make the list and he's suppose to be the great mini mamba. He even shot a worse percentage than morris with 31.6% and 10 points.

I do think their both scrubs as of now and don't expect to see them much during the season or even at all, but people need to stop praising Goudelock and [expletive]ting on Morris when he's the better player.

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 11:54 AM

To be fair Andrew Goudelock(the dude that deserves 20 minutes a game lol) didn't even make the list and he's suppose to be the great mini mamba. He even shot a worse percentage than morris with 31.6% and 10 points.

I do think their both scrubs as of now and don't expect to see them much during the season or even at all, but people need to stop praising Goudelock and [expletive]ting on Morris when he's the better player.

Yep. Well, neither of them belong on the team. Kobe called Goudelock the mini-Mamba for only one reason: a confidence boost.

There's one thing I absolutely hate about our fanbase, and it's the fact that almost every player we ever acquire, through free agency/draft/trade, is overrated by a significant number of fans. It's happening with Morris, happened with Yue (Chinese Magic), Farmar (better than Rondo), Goudelock (Ray Allen), Tierre Brown (after he supposedly dominated the SL), Steve Blake (because he always tore Fisher up when we played the Blazers), Ebanks (Ariza 2.0, looks AND skill?), and many others over the years. It's really embarrassing.

#33 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,721 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 05, 2012 - 12:20 PM

^ same here. I think the only guy that surprised me who I thought was a scrub was hill. He ended up being good but I have a tough time ever believing any of these scrubs are gonna do anything.

#34 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted September 05, 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yep. Well, neither of them belong on the team. Kobe called Goudelock the mini-Mamba for only one reason: a confidence boost.

There's one thing I absolutely hate about our fanbase, and it's the fact that almost every player we ever acquire, through free agency/draft/trade, is overrated by a significant number of fans. It's happening with Morris, happened with Yue (Chinese Magic), Farmar (better than Rondo), Goudelock (Ray Allen), Tierre Brown (after he supposedly
dominated the SL), Steve Blake (because he always tore Fisher up when we played the Blazers), Ebanks (Ariza 2.0, looks AND skill?), and many others over the years. It's
really embarrassing.

True lol those ones are pretty crazy

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,131 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 05, 2012 - 03:09 PM

The scrub league...lol.

Jimmy Butler (20.8 PPG)
Tobias Harris (20.8)
Wes Johnson (20.5)
Cory Joseph (17.0)
E'Twaun Moore (17.0)
Dominique Jones (16.4)
Terrel Harris (15.5)
BJ Mullens (15.4)

ALL FUTURE STARS!

DJO did much worse and Morris's job wasn't to be the leading scorer of the Summer League or on his team, I think that was supposed tgo be Goudelock who didn't make the list, or the guy who you think has a better future than Goudelock who also played worse than Morris did. No one is gonna count on Morris to carry a team offensively. I'd be less concerned about his scoring and would focus more on his assist to turnover ratio and his assists along with other things that actually matter given his position and look at him trying to improve that and his decision making and trying to get less turnovers before I pull up his shooting numbers. I can live with him developing a jump shot if he improves his decision making and getting less turnovers.

I do think given his style Nash will help him, but I've stated that many times before so no need to rehash.

He does need to develop his jumper more, but he has been putting in the work to do so and showed some improvement over his rookie year in small areas, while Goudelock who played very well in the league considering, looked absolutely terrible in the summer league.

The bright spot of the summer league people will point to, is Morris putting the team on his back and shooting 100% from the field, was it against the Spurs? I think so, but I'm trying to remember and almost getting a triple double in the final game(though shooting percentage was down)

Morris needs to develop his jumpshot, but his talent isn't something to ignore. I think that he does have a bright future, it's not just his potential that people are high on, it's his work ethic and dedication to the game. He isn't just a kid that is talented and is trying to get by on it, he actually is one of the hardest workers out of all of them and puts an extreme amount of time on trying to become a better player. This kind of determination always pays off in the end, that determination is one of the reasons Kobe likes him so much so we'll see how he comes into the season.

Yes he left college too soon, but that's why he works so hard on his game and devotes endless hours to the gym. Aside from that he's also humble and very willing to learn. The dude legitimately wants to be one of the best point guards in the league one day, I can't knock him for putting the time into trying to achieve that, and spending time with Nash is only going to help him in the long run as well as having Kobe as his mentor.

In fact he was out there working today

here's a pic

Posted Image

He isn't a guy that is a pure scoring point guard, but the fact he had to be on the Lakers Summer League team should give you an idea who he was surrounded by. Morris is a past first point guard but he had to be the leading scorer on our summer league team with Goudelock and DJO on it, that speaks volumes. I was happy at the 'little' improvements I saw in his game, and was more upset with what I saw from Goudelock and from DJO more than anything. There's a reason Morris got the contract before all this went down and they didn't. So we'll see.

There's one thing I absolutely hate about our fanbase, and it's the fact that almost every player we ever acquire, through free agency/draft/trade, is overrated by a significant number of fans. It's happening with Morris, happened with Yue (Chinese Magic), Farmar (better than Rondo), Goudelock (Ray Allen), Tierre Brown (after he supposedly dominated the SL), Steve Blake (because he always tore Fisher up when we played the Blazers), Ebanks (Ariza 2.0, looks AND skill?), and many others over the years. It's really embarrassing.

They do the same thing when it comes to underrating players just because they don't like them or want a star to take their place and 90% of the time when they leave our team they are 'scrubs' but they have a good game against us or become a free agent and the same people bashing the heck out of them are calling for Mitch to re-sign them. So it goes both ways.

Edited by Majesty, September 05, 2012 - 06:09 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#36 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted September 05, 2012 - 05:39 PM

Haha. Glock sucks. Even Sam Jacobson agrees

#37 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted September 06, 2012 - 11:56 AM

to OP, crack kills - please stop for the sake of what brain cells you have left.

#38 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 12:17 PM

i dont see how anyone should be praising glock but i also dont see how you think morris is the better player so far. morris has proven to be a liability in every aspect. the guy cant shoot, defend well, or even run the offense without turning the ball over all the time. glock sucks as well but at least he can spread the floor and score. what does morris do well?
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#39 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 12:20 PM

i dont see how anyone should be praising glock but i also dont see how you think morris is the better player so far. morris has proven to be a liability in every aspect. the guy cant shoot, defend well, or even run the offense without turning the ball over all the time. glock sucks as well but at least he can spread the floor and score. what does morris do well?

He defends a little better, slashes better (all both insignificant to us at such a low magnitude, but still), but if we're talking strictly the Princeton offense, Goudelock would be the better fit.

It's just unfortunate that he's not Kobe's height.

#40 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 12:25 PM

DJO did much worse and Morris's job wasn't to be the leading scorer of the Summer League or on his team, I think that was supposed tgo be Goudelock who didn't make the list, or the guy who you think has a better future than Goudelock who also played worse than Morris did. No one is gonna count on Morris to carry a team offensively. I'd be less concerned about his scoring and would focus more on his assist to turnover ratio and his assists along with other things that actually matter given his position and look at him trying to improve that and his decision making and trying to get less turnovers before I pull up his shooting numbers. I can live with him developing a jump shot if he improves his decision making and getting less turnovers.

I do think given his style Nash will help him, but I've stated that many times before so no need to rehash.

He does need to develop his jumper more, but he has been putting in the work to do so and showed some improvement over his rookie year in small areas, while Goudelock who played very well in the league considering, looked absolutely terrible in the summer league.

The bright spot of the summer league people will point to, is Morris putting the team on his back and shooting 100% from the field, was it against the Spurs? I think so, but I'm trying to remember and almost getting a triple double in the final game(though shooting percentage was down)

Morris needs to develop his jumpshot, but his talent isn't something to ignore. I think that he does have a bright future, it's not just his potential that people are high on, it's his work ethic and dedication to the game. He isn't just a kid that is talented and is trying to get by on it, he actually is one of the hardest workers out of all of them and puts an extreme amount of time on trying to become a better player. This kind of determination always pays off in the end, that determination is one of the reasons Kobe likes him so much so we'll see how he comes into the season.

Yes he left college too soon, but that's why he works so hard on his game and devotes endless hours to the gym. Aside from that he's also humble and very willing to learn. The dude legitimately wants to be one of the best point guards in the league one day, I can't knock him for putting the time into trying to achieve that, and spending time with Nash is only going to help him in the long run as well as having Kobe as his mentor.

In fact he was out there working today

here's a pic

Posted Image

He isn't a guy that is a pure scoring point guard, but the fact he had to be on the Lakers Summer League team should give you an idea who he was surrounded by. Morris is a past first point guard but he had to be the leading scorer on our summer league team with Goudelock and DJO on it, that speaks volumes. I was happy at the 'little' improvements I saw in his game, and was more upset with what I saw from Goudelock and from DJO more than anything. There's a reason Morris got the contract before all this went down and they didn't. So we'll see.

They do the same thing when it comes to underrating players just because they don't like them or want a star to take their place and 90% of the time when they leave our team they are 'scrubs' but they have a good game against us or become a free agent and the same people bashing the heck out of them are calling for Mitch to re-sign them. So it goes both ways.

a pg like morris almost has to have a jumper to help his passing game, not to mention dominant post players benefit greatly from a pg that can shoot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users