Photo

Report: NCAA Investigating Eligibility Of UCLA Recruits Kyle Anderson, Tony Parker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:58 PM

The NCAA is investigating potential recruiting violations involving Kyle Anderson and Tony Parker, according to a report.

Anderson, a 6-foot-8 forward, was considerred a top-5 prospect in 2012; Parker was top-30.

According to the report, another college basketball program "turned in" evidence of violations in the recruitments of Anderson and Parker.

Shabazz Muhammad was ruled ineligible to participate in the Bruins' tour of China in late August because of a separate ongoing investigation.

Read more: http://basketball.re...r#ixzz25Mc2ytVz

Can anyone more familiar with NCAA basketball fill me in on what this means? Is it possible that the entire recruiting class (Shabazz, Anderson, AND Parker) won't be able to play if they find out that the recruitment was dirty?

I'm a UCLA student and I was just about to order season tickets since I was so excited we're actually legit again. I don't wanna buy the tickets now only to find out that our best player is going to end up being Josh Smith because of recruiting violations...
Posted Image

#2 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:16 PM

if they find them guilty, it'll depend on what they found and what they punish them with. UCLA likely won't be effected long term because those players have yet to play on the floor for them so UCLA won't be punished for playing ineligible players, they will only punish them for the recruiting violations

if they are serious allegations that whole great recruiting class could go down to hell
Posted Image

#3 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:27 PM

wow, so many teams get away with this including the likes of Kentucky and other good recruiting teams.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:06 PM

wow, so many teams get away with this including the likes of Kentucky and other good recruiting teams.

do you know what they've been charged with?
Posted Image

#5 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:36 PM

do you know what they've been charged with?

no but they probably received some minor benefits while being recruited, the ncaa will act like only ucla has done this
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 04, 2012 - 10:05 AM

It's sad that Kentucky wasn't busted for it last season, but regardless, I hope they slam UCLA for it. Even if Kansas did it this season (after losing Robinson and Taylor), I'd hope that someone would stomp their throats.

Now, I don't like the rule, really...because I think schools make a little too much money off of those kids...but it's enforced, nonetheless, so any chance the NCAA gets to dropkick a school for doing it, they should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users