Photo

Will You Watch Bynum?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#81 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 05, 2012 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

Dunno why but this pic made me laugh

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#82 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 867 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 06, 2012 - 12:29 AM

I won't go out of my way to watch Philly games but if I see they are on ESPN playing then I'll probably watch

I liked him a lot as a Laker so I'll definetly check on his stats weekly though

#83 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 06, 2012 - 09:22 AM

Real: I don't think Bynum has any concern about winning. His first concern is about his stats and the amount of touches he gets. As with a lot of young players, by the time he hits 30 he'll realize that maybe winning is kind of important.

#84 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 06, 2012 - 10:17 AM

Real: I don't think Bynum has any concern about winning. His first concern is about his stats and the amount of touches he gets. As with a lot of young players, by the time he hits 30 he'll realize that maybe winning is kind of important.

That's a big reason why I wanted Dwight. In a way, Dwight wanting to win more than pad his numbers may have gotten him into trouble in Orlando, as I thought he was always far too unselfish. I hated that Orlando was living and dying by the three (until they played us in 2009, then I loved it, haha). Those threes were created by Dwight, but many times, I felt he should have taken advantage of the many mismatches he had, or the one-on-ones down low that he rarely saw.

Plus, he desperately needed a PNR point guard, and Jameer Nelson is more of a two-guard.

But, with that said, it's going to be great having him here for that very reason. He's not going to stand in the post and demand the ball, then immediately soften up and whine if he doesn't get it.

#85 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 02:31 PM

That's a big reason why I wanted Dwight. In a way, Dwight wanting to win more than pad his numbers may have gotten him into trouble in Orlando, as I thought he was always far too unselfish. I hated that Orlando was living and dying by the three (until they played us in 2009, then I loved it, haha). Those threes were created by Dwight, but many times, I felt he should have taken advantage of the many mismatches he had, or the one-on-ones down low that he rarely saw.

Plus, he desperately needed a PNR point guard, and Jameer Nelson is more of a two-guard.

But, with that said, it's going to be great having him here for that very reason. He's not going to stand in the post and demand the ball, then immediately soften up and whine if he doesn't get it.

do you think Kareem helps implement that kind of mentality?

#86 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted September 06, 2012 - 05:39 PM

I saw a comment about Meeks a few days ago but no I didn't know

Man you are out of control, I think you've been shopping at Barneys far too long
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#87 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 06, 2012 - 09:01 PM

do you think Kareem helps implement that kind of mentality?

Depends on how well Dwight does when Kareem tries to teach him a few tricks in the post. If Dwight shows that he's more of a pick and roll threat, and a player that would rather face up and attack the rim, then no.

Nothing is wrong with Dwight as he is, especially in this offense, and especially with Steve Nash as his PG. However, if Kareem teaches Dwight a few back-to-the-basket tricks, things are going to get scary.

#88 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 06, 2012 - 09:58 PM

All Dwight needs are two basic go-to moves, that's it.

Otherwise his game is perfectly suited for the Princeton offense, Nash, Kobe and the Lakers.

Cannot wait!

#89 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 09:54 PM

He watched Kobe his whole career, what do you expect? Kobe never was concerned about touches or stats? Shaq wasn't?

#90 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 10:10 PM

I used to think Drew have lots of potential.....then all the off the court incident. He was caught parking his Mercedes on a handicap lot at a market...staff ask him to move his car but he just ignore them :nah: I just hate people whom disregard unfortunate others. No matter how famous you may be, stay down to earth and respect others. Glad he's gone..... I do wish him to do good, but if he don't, he'll feel as much pressure being THE MAN...

I guess you hate Kobe too then for disregarding others. I hear that more auto accidents and deaths come from cell phone use while driving than drinking and driving. I guess doing something that is illegal and causes fatalities isn't disregard for others? I never read any statistics on deaths from parking in a handicap zone:

Posted Image

Now, from SoB’s “This Is Actually News?” Team: photogs caught Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant cruising down the 405 in a $300,000 Ferrari on Monday while gabbing on his cell phone, which, according to TMZ, is “a major no-no in the state of California.”
Had Kobe been busted by the California Highway Patrol, he would have been subject to a $159 fine if this was his first offense, an amount I’m sure the Black Mamba could scrounge up from the floor of that impressive automobile he’s driving.
And while we would never condone irresponsible driving practices here at the Sportress, I have to say that this little item certainly qualifies as slow news day material, which I suppose means I am complicit in further propagating the story, so who am I to criticize?
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/kobe_bryant_caught_talking_on_cell_while_driving_a_ferrari_on_cali_freeway_pics/11522185

Edited by lakerfandude, September 07, 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#91 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:30 AM

All Dwight needs are two basic go-to moves, that's it.

Otherwise his game is perfectly suited for the Princeton offense, Nash, Kobe and the Lakers.

Cannot wait!

Yeah he is, it can be modified for Dwight but he goes to the basket anyway so.. I don't think they'd look to set him up for 3s ;) People underestimate Dwights ability to slash from the top of the key

#92 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:55 AM

I'll watch.

Watching quick PGs shred up poor help defense can be fun to watch.

Posted Image

#93 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 10:31 AM

He watched Kobe his whole career, what do you expect? Kobe never was concerned about touches or stats? Shaq wasn't?

Lol this guys agenda is so obvious.
Posted Image

#94 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,909 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 08, 2012 - 11:16 AM

Nope actually Kobe is all about winning......thats why he has 5 championships and has been option 1 or 1b in every one.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#95 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'll watch.

Watching quick PGs shred up poor help defense can be fun to watch.

You act like Holiday sucks at defense

#96 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 05:31 PM

You act like Holiday sucks at defense

He'll have to be great. Once PGs get past the first line of defense, it'll be an automatic 2.

Posted Image

#97 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 08:15 AM

He'll have to be great. Once PGs get past the first line of defense, it'll be an automatic 2.

Bynum takes plays off but you're exaggerating
Posted Image

#98 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 08:45 AM

Bynum takes plays off but you're exaggerating

Maybe, but he looked really bad to end last season. Some of that is probably because he saw a lot of Tony Parker, Ty Lawson, and Russell Westbrook to end the season. But, he'll need to be a lot better since the league is getting quicker.

Posted Image

#99 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted September 09, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Bynum isn't even on the Lakers anymore and this guy is still in love with Bynum as if he was 'the one' that got away. :laughing:

#100 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,054 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Bynum isn't even on the Lakers anymore and this guy is still in love with Bynum as if he was 'the one' that got away. :laughing:

What would you give to have Jeremy Lin get his shot here like Mitch wanted or to have Ariza and/or Caron Butler back? Or how much do you wish Michael Jordan had gotten his wish and got drafted by the Lakers and played alongside Magic and Kareem?

There's a lot of "one's" that got away as far as the Lakers go and we still got championships.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users