141 replies to this topic

#41 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:48 PM

Andrew was drafted by the Lakers, became an allstar as a Laker, is 24 yrs. young, had a 30 rebound game as a Laker, had a triple double in the playoffs that included 10 blocks, damm right I will whenever possible follow Andrew. At least he is ready to start the season....Andrew wil have some huge games, I would have been happy to keep Andrew because of Broke Back DH, it remains to be seen what DH we traded for!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#42 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:54 PM

I for one am very curious how Andrew will play as THE MAN in Philly. Will you find yourself looking for Philly games ALMOST as much as LA games for some of the season??? Thoughts??

Not sure his success require him to be the Man. They need someone who will draw the media attention away from Bynum for AB to be successful. That said, I'll be pulling for him, especially since he's in the same division as the green guys.

Edited by EddieJones, September 02, 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:42 PM

i'll watch bynum....highlights

only games of his i'll see in their entirety will be the laker ones...

if he's healthy, he'll probably do well, or at least put int he effort because he thinks he has something to prove now...and he got what he wanted, and i'm sure the FO over there will give him whatever he wants because they want him to resign. so he'll be happy in that sense, and he'll also want to show up the lakers. but if he does do well, don't confuse that with what he would have done had he stayed here...much like shaq dropping all that weight when he went to miami, and kissing flash's ass

One of the major reasons why I hated Shaq after he left LA. Kobe and Lakers organization begged him to get in shape all those years, but he'd never budge. Fell into line as the 2nd fiddle, deferred to Wade, and did everything we begged of him in LA. Horrible.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,701 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:59 PM

One of the major reasons why I hated Shaq after he left LA. Kobe and Lakers organization begged him to get in shape all those years, but he'd never budge. Fell into line as the 2nd fiddle, deferred to Wade, and did everything we begged of him in LA. Horrible.

Yeah and the media didn't bash him at all for it. They even bought his excuse "well on the west coast I had to be bigger and rougher, but here on the easy coast I can be slender and finesse" Seriously..people bought that excuse? How about "I didnt' wanna differ to Kobe so I didn't drop weight and I screamed at the Lakers fronts to pay me more during an exhibition game in Hawaii, when they finally let me go, I decided to blame everything on Kobe and to answer the 'finally getting in shape' question I'll answer it in a 'diesel' way that no one will question!" and people bought it.

Edited by Majesty, September 02, 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#45 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:05 PM

that was the most petty and childish thing i had seen from a pro athlete. would later be topped by TOs driveway ab crunches extravaganza.

seeing him in shape like that made me lose all respect for him
Posted Image

#46 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Don't hate him, just never liked him.

Posted Image

• 40,396 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Absolutely. Always get that league pass, but yes admittedly gonna' watch even more of Phili than usual because of Drew.

More excited for Rubio's eventual return though. When he's playing, those Wolves are a joy to watch.

yo.

#48 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,126 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:59 PM

Philly isn't on national TV all that often, so I won't really go out of my way to stream 76er games or get League Pass solely for Drew, but I will most def have added interest in Philly/Laker matchups this year, and the Andrew/Dwight matchups that will ensue.

I'll check his ESPN profile occasionally tho, check his PPG and rebounds, %'s, maybe some boxscores from time to time, etc.

#49 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted September 03, 2012 - 11:46 AM

Ill peep his premium matchup gms vs best teams. might go see Bynum vs D12 in PA
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#50 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 03, 2012 - 12:25 PM

I won't watch him any more than any other opposing player.

He's the enemy now, I don't care how he does.

#51 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 12:36 PM

I'm interested.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#52 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted September 03, 2012 - 05:29 PM

When Philly plays good teams on national TV I'll watch.

#53 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 03, 2012 - 11:12 PM

Philly has the tools to go to the finals this year.

#54 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:06 AM

Philly has the tools to go to the finals this year.

:laughing: idk about that

#55 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:16 AM

^^^ Maybe not this year give them a year more to come together and its really not that crazy to think.

Im actually gonna go to sixer games now so yea I will be watching him more. Even though I wanted Dwight I was still a fan of Drew except for those plays he took off lol. However, never got a chance to see him play in person so thats gonna be fun. Also Philly has the tool to have a solid season this year so their gonna be fun to watch. Im a big ET fan and now with Drew Im gonna actually want to go to games, rather than only going when someone gives me tickets

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#56 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'll watch them as much as I did when they had Iguodala: flipping through the League Pass channels and finding interesting games.

There are only two players in the league I would search for on TV, and that's Kobe and Durant. Fortunately, I watch all Lakers AND Thunder games, so it really doesn't matter.

Bynum is not that important to me. We won't see Philly in the NBA Finals, and they won't knock off the Heat, so I don't care.

#57 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:37 AM

:laughing: idk about that

Don't see that happening, but they will be much improved and very fun to watch.
htCCl0m.png

#58 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 04, 2012 - 10:57 AM

What I'm not looking froward to are the inevitable "see what we traded away" posts.

Bynum is going to get a tone of touches in Philly and be the focus of the offense there, so his numbers are going to be bigger than they were here some nights. I know that there are going to be a ton of people here playing the, "I told you so" game when it happens and I'm going to get sick of it instantly.

Disturbed: I'd much rather have "Broke Back DH" then "Broke Brain AB". Howard will be beyond fine. Put it this way - Bynum had a career year and he was still statistically worse (in most categories) than Howard, who had a shortened year with a bad back.

#59 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 04, 2012 - 11:17 AM

What I'm not looking froward to are the inevitable "see what we traded away" posts.

...especially when you have guys already saying that Howard should put up 25/15 here, completely ignoring the fact that we have Kobe, Nash, Gasol, and Jamison on this roster.

It kind of reminds me of 2004, when Kobe averaged 24, and Shaq put up 20 PPG...and people actually stated that Kobe was already slowing down, and that Shaq was near retirement.

#60 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted September 04, 2012 - 12:25 PM

After Howard has a subpar game, I wonder how long it will take for the first, "Was the trade really a good idea?" topic. :laughing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users