141 replies to this topic

#21 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 01, 2012 - 10:23 PM

I will monitor box scores to see how his shooting percentages decrease pretty badly, so I can finally have very conclusive proof that he can't deal with the defensive attention that comes with being a primary option.

#22 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,722 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 01, 2012 - 10:31 PM

I will, curious to see how well he would play as the first option.

#23 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,929 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Lol @ all the hate Bynums getting.... Yeah i'll watch him play when i have time.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#24 Rad

Rad

• 1,640 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 01:22 AM

Lol @ all the hate Bynums getting.... Yeah i'll watch him play when i have time.

Don't hate him, just never liked him.

#25 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted September 02, 2012 - 01:59 AM

No

My eyes are worth for Kobe Bryant and Rubio only

sorry bynum

33bkfif.jpg

#26 svt

svt

Rookie

• 27 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:25 AM

Not about hating. Just no longer a Laker.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:47 AM

Yeah no longer a Laker but people need to stop acting like he was a scrub.

We'll be getting a 'dialed in' Bynum every time we play Philly so it will be fun to watch.

I'll be watching him whenever I get the chance to depending on who else is playing.

Watching the Lakers first though ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#28 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:48 AM

There does seem to be alot of Anti Drew now. The last I checked , he didn't ask to be traded. What if he averages 24 and 12?? What if Philly makes it to the second round with #33?? If Drew stays healthy it will be interesting to see if LeBron makes Philly his next DECISION

#29 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,859 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:09 AM

Yes. Pulling for him to succeed.

2div

#30 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted September 02, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Yeah no longer a Laker but people need to stop acting like he was a scrub.

We'll be getting a 'dialed in' Bynum every time we play Philly so it will be fun to watch.

I'll be watching him whenever I get the chance to depending on who else is playing.

Watching the Lakers first though ;)

I was pretty much thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to watch Lakers vs Philly games because you know Drew will be 100% focused. Everyone acting like he is a scrub is delusional, This team could actually give us quite a headache. I do not think they could beat the Lakers but I think they could prove a tough challenge.

#31 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm thinking about putting him on My Fantasy BB team just to see how he put up numbers as the #1 option
Free The Wave

#32 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:06 AM

I will monitor box scores to see how his shooting percentages decrease pretty badly, so I can finally have very conclusive proof that he can't deal with the defensive attention that comes with being a primary option.

That won't happen. You're talking about someone who pretty much every year of his career shot between 55-60 percent from the field. That doesn't happen by accident. Sure it may take a slight dip, but those expecting him to take a significant dip as far as FG% is concerned will be dissapointed..
htCCl0m.png

#33 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:08 AM

When you're the primary scoring option, you see more doubles. Andrew has never had to deal with that on a consistent basis and he didn't make enough progress in that area here in LA.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#34 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:10 AM

When you're the primary scoring option, you see more doubles. Andrew has never had to deal with that on a consistent basis and he didn't make enough progress in that area here in LA.

Actually he did last season. It was the first time it had happened so of course he struggled with it at first, but at the season went on he did get better. It also didn't help that no one could really space the floor consistently which led to teams clogging the paint not only on Drew, but also Kobe and Pau.
htCCl0m.png

#35 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,722 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:21 AM

Cmon guys, double team or not, i still see him having decent 20-10 games. It's not like double teams will drastically degrade his offense.

Edited by ツ  , September 02, 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#36 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:35 AM

No just check here n there but not as much as laker games

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:55 AM

doubles will affect him because he's never seen them for a full season as the number one option. Not to mention, he's not that great of a passer out of doubles.

Edited by Windu, September 02, 2012 - 09:55 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#38 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,743 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:08 AM

Actually he did last season. It was the first time it had happened so of course he struggled with it at first, but at the season went on he did get better. It also didn't help that no one could really space the floor consistently which led to teams clogging the paint not only on Drew, but also Kobe and Pau.

Bynum playing 35 + mins, attracting all of the defensive pressure and trying to be the defensive anchor.......He might shoot 50%.

#39 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 02, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Not much better. His lack of composure under pressure was on full display in the postseason once DEN and OKC forced him out of his sweet spots. No one was expecting him to hit a man with a perfect pass out of the double team for an easy look, just to make the right decision and at least initiate the swing. He couldn't even do that. When faced with a hard double 6-7 feet away from the basket, we were almost guaranteed a botched possession. Not even with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol reducing the defensive pressure by dragging people away from him could he find the open man. I wouldn't be surprised to see him average close to 4 TOPG next season. He'll get his numbers, but his efficiency will be much lower than it was here in LA. The 49-52% range seems about right.

#40 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:46 PM

i'll watch bynum....highlights

only games of his i'll see in their entirety will be the laker ones...

if he's healthy, he'll probably do well, or at least put int he effort because he thinks he has something to prove now...and he got what he wanted, and i'm sure the FO over there will give him whatever he wants because they want him to resign. so he'll be happy in that sense, and he'll also want to show up the lakers. but if he does do well, don't confuse that with what he would have done had he stayed here...much like shaq dropping all that weight when he went to miami, and kissing flash's ass

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users