93 replies to this topic

#41 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:21 PM

A franchise is easily associated and identified by its colors, especially one with a proud history such as the Lakers. However the true measure of a franchise is not what color the team wears be it Blue,Purple,Gold,White or Black but what they accomplish!!!

Agree, but why rock the boat? Celtics are keeping true to their greens and whites. Yankees still wear pinstripes...

Bottom line, wasn't it cool that we were the only team not to wear white? Yes or no? I'm saying yes and the efforts to appease the young fans with these niche colors is silly. Lakers have been so good for so long and that results in certain "fans" wanting to enjoy Laker success while dressing in popular colors.

Like I said, if people like black so much, be a Heat fan. It's got hot red too!!!

And to the mod that is equating this to the Bucs - Really. REALLY? The Bucs were the worst franchise of all time while they wore their orange. They change their colors to red and black and happen to win a SB right after. Seriously doubt Bucs fans cared about throwing their history away at the time of the switch. Personally I think the Lakers accomplished a little more that the TB Bucs IMO.

Edited by EddieJones, September 02, 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#42 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:27 PM

Um, no one is equating anything. He's listing his favorite jerseys. Reading comprehension would be nice.

Also, Celtics holding true to Green and White?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Um, no one is equating anything. He's listing his favorite jerseys. Reading comprehension would be nice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gold and Black highlights is different than an all black jersey. Sense of color by a mod would be nice too....

#44 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dare you to bust out the pick of celtics black... Not that you can't find one, just find a pick where celtics actually wore black in an NBA game, mr laker fan since 2000

#45 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:54 PM

Cool, point still stands. People like nice-looking alternate jerseys, that's why teams introduce them. No one is going to start equating an alternate jersey to the Lakers, that's just not going to happen. There is no holy "laker identity" that's going to be defiled by the introduction of some nice looking alternates. We would use this alternate black jersey maybe 4-5 away games a year. You're whining about a color scheme for crying out loud. People loved the white alternates when they came out, it was a welcome sight after years of the same exact jersey colors. Did you complain about those as well?

Posted Image

I seriously don't see anything to complain about on these jerseys, but whatever.

Yeah, I was 8 years old in 2000. I'm sorry for caring more about Pokemon cards and crayons at that point in my life. I am so ashamed.

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:59 PM

i loved the blue and white laker uniforms. would rather see those than black ones
Posted Image

#47 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:02 PM

Cool, point still stands. People like nice-looking alternate jerseys, that's why teams introduce them. No one is going to start equating an alternate jersey to the Lakers, that's just not going to happen. There is no holy "laker identity" that's going to be defiled by the introduction of some nice looking alternates. We would use this alternate black jersey maybe 4-5 away games a year. You're whining about a color scheme for crying out loud. People loved the white alternates when they came out, it was a welcome sight after years of the same exact jersey colors. Did you complain about those as well?

Posted Image

I seriously don't see anything to complain about on these jerseys, but whatever.

Yeah, I was 8 years old in 2000. I'm sorry for caring more about Pokemon cards and crayons at that point in my life. I am so ashamed.

Yes, I still complain about white. I said that before, comprehension expert. We should only wear gold at home and purple away. Kids, wear what you want to wear when your done with your Pokemon tournament. I'll cringe and wonder why you youngn's are so willing to give up history. I won't be wearing white or back. Have fun looking "cool".

I'm 36 btw

#48 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:05 PM

Post X: this is a great idea! (laker fan since 2010)

Post Y: I like it, I also think we should bust out the MLPS baby blue jerseys (laker fan since 2000)

Neither fan X or Y has ever had sex.

But sure, let's throw away the fact that we are the only team that got away with playing at home with non white colored jerseys. "That's phat, yo. Let's bust out those blacks and white".

It's Purple and Gold, retards. You want other colors, go root for another team....

Holy :censored: you're an idiot...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#49 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:11 PM

Holy :censored: you're an idiot...

Might I recommend Laker pink for you..

#50 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:14 PM

Its nice to have special edition or limmited edition jerseys. It does not mean we arnt fans or we are afraid of Away teams. Its just preference. I have 2 Kobe jerseys home and away adding the black jersey or the blue jersey would be nice.
Posted Image

#51 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Give up history? It's a color scheme, quit being so dramatic. No one's calling for the Lakers to change their dominant colors to appease certain fans.

Also, the white jerseys were created in the '02-03 season as a tribute to Chick Hearn. You're complaining about people "disrespecting" Lakers history while hating on a tribute to one of the greatest broadcasters in sports history. But you know, let's get rid of the whites! Why honor Chick Hearn at all? Loving the irony here.

#52 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:35 PM

Might I recommend Laker pink for you..

Sure, that's something an idiot would definitely do...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#53 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:43 PM

Sure, that's something an idiot would definitely do...

Wow, great come back. I won't mess with you again

#54 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 05:46 PM

Give up history? It's a color scheme, quit being so dramatic. No one's calling for the Lakers to change their dominant colors to appease certain fans.

Also, the white jerseys were created in the '02-03 season as a tribute to Chick Hearn. You're complaining about people "disrespecting" Lakers history while hating on a tribute to one of the greatest broadcasters in sports history. But you know, let's get rid of the whites! Why honor Chick Hearn at all? Loving the irony here.

Wrong. Laker white was proposed in the mid 90s. Again it was a money grab. I think either laker board or NBA vetoed it. Hearn death ended up being an excuse for it and remains until today.

#55 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Wow, great come back. I won't mess with you again

Your comment was about the lamest thing I've ever seen posted on this site, and you were expecting a comeback??

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Get real moron...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#56 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:06 PM

Eddie you seam to be hell bent on not having other jersey colors. Its not like we would be making the black and gold colors the norm. I dont see the problem if you dont like them just dont get them. I myself hate the spanish (Noche Latina) jerseys but they dont get me worked up at all.
Posted Image

#57 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Your comment was about the lamest thing I've ever seen posted on this site, and you were expecting a comeback??

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Get real moron...

Considering you replied to me three times, yes, I was expecting something. Now, go wear that pink jersey for me.

#58 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:32 PM

Considering you replied to me three times, yes, I was expecting something. Now, go wear that pink jersey for me.

Your comments were not insulting or creative, simply idiotic. Nothing for me to "come back" from...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#59 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Your comments were not insulting or creative, simply idiotic. Nothing for me to "come back" from...

Four times now.

#60 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Eddie you seam to be hell bent on not having other jersey colors. Its not like we would be making the black and gold colors the norm. I dont see the problem if you dont like them just dont get them. I myself hate the spanish (Noche Latina) jerseys but they dont get me worked up at all.

I don't care if people want to wear them. But I DON'T want to see them in a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users