#21 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 01, 2012 - 07:48 PM

But they've never worn them, just as the Lakers have not worn those tasteless black uni's.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#22 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:10 PM

But they've never worn them, just as the Lakers have not worn those tasteless black uni's.

Tasteless? Those jerseys are sick, they would be sparingly worn for a handful of road games a year, probably on road games on sunday, similar to the sunday home whites. It would spice up our uniforms and add a little bit of intimidation for opposing teams.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#23 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:20 PM

Dunno about intimidation, but black jerseys would be nice.

Posted Image

Not understanding how that color scheme is tasteless. This jersey looks [expletive]ing clean. Love the font and the color scheme, an alternate away jersey would be awesome. We'd only use it a few times a year, but that's the whole appeal of having alternates.

My two favorite jerseys of all time aren't even Lakers jerseys, but the Bulls and Pacers Black + Pinstripes from the 90s. Those were amazing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm a fan of all the black jerseys in the league aside from the new ones that the Heat came out with. Those look like they were made for women's volleyball.

#24 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Dwight, Glen Rice

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:21 PM

I like em....a lot!I

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#25 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:22 PM

DAMN IT my favorite COLOR BLACK DO IT !!

Black And Gold in away

Then Alternative Jersey White and Gold

Sweet !!

33bkfif.jpg

#26 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Yeah the whole uni looks great. I would pick up the shorts and jersey in a heartbeat.

I have the infusion ball kobe had :laughing:
Posted Image

#27 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted September 01, 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'd love to see those blue/white jerseys they rocked a few years back.

Or the gold/baby blue MPLS jerseys.

http://lakernation.c...ve-in-the-past/

Posted Image

#28 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,126 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted September 02, 2012 - 01:00 AM

http://lakernation.c...ve-in-the-past/

Whoa. Completely missed that thread.

I agree though, i'd like to see them rock those jerseys from time to time, not only do I think they look pretty cool, but it's a nice way to pay homage to Laker teams of years past.

#29 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,374 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:08 AM

As a Sunday Road Jersey only?? That would be effin' BEAST!! Black Mamba in a Black Jersey!! Sick!! :rock:

#30 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 07:24 AM

Whoa. Completely missed that thread.

I agree though, i'd like to see them rock those jerseys from time to time, not only do I think they look pretty cool, but it's a nice way to pay homage to Laker teams of years past.

I agree. I miss seeing the team wear those jerseys.

Posted Image

#31 Bossevo

Bossevo

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Name:Antonio
  • Fan Since:79
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 02, 2012 - 11:20 AM

The latino community would snap these up in a second.
The white ones suck.

Look what they did for the Raiders.

#32 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,126 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted September 02, 2012 - 12:57 PM

The latino community would snap these up in a second.
The white ones suck.

Look what they did for the Raiders.

The few times i've seen people wearing the all black Laker jerseys, they've all been latino for sure, almost certain the majority of those latinos were Mexican too. Like the shaved head, tattooed kind, lol.

#33 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:24 PM

We were the only team up until about 10 years ago that didn't even have a white jersey. This is a money grab. Senseless and stupid. To those who like this idea, are those bandwagon seats comfortable??? You ain't laker fans!!! Please get off the bus at the next stop. Those Heat jerseys should satisfy you.....

To the rest of you, let's get rid of the whites!

Ps, wish the young punks on this site would have a little regard for the HISTORY that is the Lakers.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:29 PM

We were the only team up until about 10 years ago that didn't even have a white jersey. This is a money grab. Senseless and stupid. To those who like this idea, are those bandwagon seats comfortable??? You ain't laker fans!!! Please get off the bus at the next stop. Those Heat jerseys should satisfy you.....

Ps, wish the young punks on this site would have a little regard for the HISTORY that is the Lakers.

So thinking that the Black, Gold and Purple Jerseys look awesome mean that they are all bandwagon fans? :laughing:

Clearly I don't see your logic. I think those jerseys look awesome.

PS. Wish the elitists on this site would stop talking down to people because their opinions differ.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#35 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:33 PM

Post X: this is a great idea! (laker fan since 2010)

Post Y: I like it, I also think we should bust out the MLPS baby blue jerseys (laker fan since 2000)

Neither fan X or Y has ever had sex.

But sure, let's throw away the fact that we are the only team that got away with playing at home with non white colored jerseys. "That's phat, yo. Let's bust out those blacks and white".

It's Purple and Gold, retards. You want other colors, go root for another team....

#36 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:43 PM

Post X: this is a great idea! (laker fan since 2010)

Post Y: I like it, I also think we should bust out the MLPS baby blue jerseys (laker fan since 2000)

Neither fan X or Y has ever had sex.

But sure, let's throw away the fact that we are the only team that got away with playing at home with non white colored jerseys. "That's phat, yo. Let's bust out those blacks and white".

It's Purple and Gold, retards. You want other colors, go root for another team....

You don't need to get so butthurt about it, if you don't like it that's fine, but it's not like we would be completely changing our jersey. We would wear the black jerseys only a few times a year, so many people would buy them too, meaning more money for the front office to spend on good players :mitch:

Edited by lodom7, September 02, 2012 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#37 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 02, 2012 - 02:46 PM

Bandwagon? How does wanting to see a new jersey scheme equate to that at all? You're just being childish calling out people for being fond of a certain jersey scheme. No one is saying that we should change our colors, just that it would be nice to see a new alternate jersey.

#38 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:07 PM

Bandwagon? How does wanting to see a new jersey scheme equate to that at all? You're just being childish calling out people for being fond of a certain jersey scheme. No one is saying that we should change our colors, just that it would be nice to see a new alternate jersey.

It's not our color! We are purple and gold. It doesn't matter if I think the black looks good or not. It's about being true to the laker identity. People who like this jersey are prob the ones that will actually spend money to wear then in public. Teal is a nice color too, is that next? There seems to be no Laker pride about this. Is it a big deal? Hell no, not in the scheme of things, but don't you people get the fact that every team in the league wore white at home except us? Now you see Pacers wearing gold at home and it bothers me. We had something special going there and you guys are so willing to ruin it just because it looks fly, dope, phat, whatever.

#39 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,605 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:09 PM

My two favorite jerseys of all time aren't even Lakers jerseys, but the Bulls and Pacers Black + Pinstripes from the 90s. Those were amazing.

Posted Image

loved that bulls jersey...can't seem to find a picture but i used to think it was clean as hell when jordan wore these XIIs
Posted Image
w/ those jerseys...all the pictures i keep finding he's wearing the white/reds w/ those jerseys, and these black reds w/ the standard red away...maybe i imagined it but i swear it happened

used to have a solid black/red reversible michael jordan jersey (pretty sure its somewhere in this house...use to wear and play ball in it after the numbers on the red side got ruined in the washing machine (not my doing).

i love it when teams introduce new jerseys...whatever the jersey is, whatever the team is, whatever the sport is...
one of my favorite uni changes was the bucaneers
from
Posted Image
to
Posted Image

and i actually liked those orange unis, and the logo was way more badass...just loved the colors on the new ones that much more
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:17 PM

A franchise is easily associated and identified by its colors, especially one with a proud history such as the Lakers. However the true measure of a franchise is not what color the team wears be it Blue,Purple,Gold,White or Black but what they accomplish!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users