#1 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted August 31, 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, so I have an upgrade that is for September 12th and I'm almost positive I'm getting this phone. I've heard its freakin tight, but does anybody else here have one? What do you think? Much appreciated.

^_^

#2 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2012 - 04:17 PM

A friend of mine has it and it's pretty sick. Superior to the current iPhone 4S, imo (and this is coming from an iPhone owner).

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 31, 2012 - 04:58 PM

I got it, its pretty sick bro. It fits nice in the hands super skinny and light. The phone itself is a monster. Very fast runs everything great top of the line device. However, if you would like to wait for a little you could see what the iphone5 has to offer even though I dont think there would be much improvement. Also there is the note 2 coming out the phone is huge, but its a personal preference. Before you get any phone just go in the store and mess around with it for a bit just to sort of test drive the device. Im sure you will be as stoked with the gs3 as I am.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 06:08 PM

Are you guys using the US version or the international version? Coz the US version does not have the Wolfson DAC whole the international version does... And you know what that means...

#5 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 06:50 PM

I got it, its pretty sick bro. It fits nice in the hands super skinny and light. The phone itself is a monster. Very fast runs everything great top of the line device. However, if you would like to wait for a little you could see what the iphone5 has to offer even though I dont think there would be much improvement. Also there is the note 2 coming out the phone is huge, but its a personal preference. Before you get any phone just go in the store and mess around with it for a bit just to sort of test drive the device. Im sure you will be as stoked with the gs3 as I am.

Theres no point really for waiting for the iPhone 5, I'm on T-mobile and they don't even have it. So I'm almost positive I'm gonna get the GS3.

#6 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,209 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 31, 2012 - 07:01 PM

Phone is raw and has 2gig of RAM which is crazy nowadays.

I hate touchwiz though but it gets a lot of development so you can go AOSP easily

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 01, 2012 - 10:44 AM

Phone is raw and has 2gig of RAM which is crazy nowadays.

I hate touchwiz though but it gets a lot of development so you can go AOSP easily

Yea touchwiz isnt the best out there, but as fast as this phone is its not that big of a deal.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#8 romy134

romy134

Rookie

• 62 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever Since
  • Fav. Laker:LO,

Posted September 01, 2012 - 11:44 AM

I got the Htc One X, I love it but I hear good things about the SG3 I woulbt get that phione only because I love HTC but still good things.

#9 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,209 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 02, 2012 - 04:46 PM

I got the Htc One X, I love it but I hear good things about the SG3 I woulbt get that phione only because I love HTC but still good things.

One X >>>>>>

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#10 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted September 03, 2012 - 03:49 PM

prob going to get it soon.

Posted Image

#11 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 05, 2012 - 07:41 AM

I got it & like it but I think Verizons slow 4G holds it back. I'm coming off a 3G phone & i'm very unimpressed by the so-called, "lightning" fast speed. Anyone know why so many apps stay open? When I open the task manager>RAM manager>clear memory, there's usually 40+ apps that get closed.
The camera is pretty dope. Wish it had Beats though.

veqdeg.jpg

#12 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 859 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 29, 2012 - 07:29 AM

^^^ I'm ovin 4G LTE and it is lightning fast. Probably faster then my Wi-Fi. Or at least as fast.

The apps that are open is because they are looking for updates (facebook, ESPN, etc) if they weren't open you wouldn't get notifications.

#13 Bizdady

Bizdady

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Bynum

Posted October 05, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Galaxy S3 here!
Also, remember this when the TNT guys tell you that Andrew Bynum is "injury prone" -- it's because Kobe Bryant fell on his leg. He's injury prone because someone fell on his leg. Put that in your pipe when one of them says something along the lines of "I just don't know if they can rely on him." Can they rely on Kobe to not fall down and tumble into his leg, again?

#14 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,537 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 09:15 AM

i have it, my first smartphone actually, pretty cool phone

bw1wOGf.png

#15 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 05, 2012 - 01:51 PM

The dang backup assistant has gotten to me. It's showing me all these photos I had forgotten I even took. Love how you can watch a video & surf the web still.

veqdeg.jpg

#16 Bizdady

Bizdady

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 02:26 PM

The dang backup assistant has gotten to me. It's showing me all these photos I had forgotten I even took. Love how you can watch a video & surf the web still.

The jellybean update is probably going to let you resize that pop out window. At least it does in the JB leak from Sprint.
Also, remember this when the TNT guys tell you that Andrew Bynum is "injury prone" -- it's because Kobe Bryant fell on his leg. He's injury prone because someone fell on his leg. Put that in your pipe when one of them says something along the lines of "I just don't know if they can rely on him." Can they rely on Kobe to not fall down and tumble into his leg, again?

#17 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 05, 2012 - 05:24 PM

heard people complain that its too big, as in its hard to navigate with one hand...

i have huge hands though, so i'm guessing this won't be an issue, but how do you guys who own this phone feel?

also, list any other negatives any of you can think of it...finally trading in my droid incredible 1 after 2 years, lol....battery is ass now

Posted Image

#18 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 07:48 PM

I really like this thing so far, coming from a 1st time Android user. I have small hands and don't feel like it's too big or anything. As for battery life its a gem if you keep all your apps killed etc.

#19 Bizdady

Bizdady

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 07:23 AM

I really like this thing so far, coming from a 1st time Android user. I have small hands and don't feel like it's too big or anything. As for battery life its a gem if you keep all your apps killed etc.

Plus batteries are cheap, so $20 bucks and i have 2 spares to carry around when i know i won't be around an outlet. I'm a pretty heavy user and get around 10-12 hours but with like 4 hours of screen time on.

#20 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,537 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 07:52 AM

Game, one negative for me is that it does freeze on me time to time

bw1wOGf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users