Photo

How do the Lakers match up with Miami?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm talking about now when I expressed myself, but that being said, I obviously still have hope this team can potentially be something close to a machine, just not with Mike Brown at the helm.

yo.

#82 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'm talking about now when I expressed myself, but that being said, I obviously still have hope this team can potentially be something close to a machine, just not with Mike Brown at the helm.

Lakers are gonna have issues no matter what system they are in while they still don't know each other's tendencies.

That's just how it is.

We didn't run any Princeton tonight(if any) and our timing and problems were still apparent with our lack of chemistry. If we just ran PnR the entire game which our players can play well in then by the time we got to the playoffs and our play slowed down we'd be in trouble.

Most important thing is getting our tendencies.

Wanna know how lacking of chemistry we are?

Kobe off the Pick and Roll Screens with Howard is still shovel passing to him(like he did with Bynum) rather than lobbing it up.

We aren't used to each other yet.

That isn't gonna happen till 20 games from now which is what we all expected. Yet some people are wanting to throw in the towel and build up other teams just 5 game sinto the season.

Makes me sick really.

The reason some Lakers fans are hated(and laughed at) is because they're always the first to talk crap and be arrogant about their team while also being the first to quit on their team. :nah:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#83 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Right now I would say get blown out by about 40.
Laker fan for life.

#84 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:03 PM

when dwight is healthy, MIA cant match up with him, therefor us. dwight will also lower DWADE and Brons shooting % in the paint, making them less effective vs ,more so than any team

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 07, 2012 - 10:03 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Lakers are gonna have issues no matter what system they are in while they still don't know each other's tendencies.

That's just how it is.

None of this matters when there's no passion from the players. When the players don't wanna' go to battle for their coach, you can forget about any potential 'system' on either end of the floor or giving in to working together towards a common goal. All hope is lost seemingly. It's obviously not entirely Mike Brown's fault (though most of it is and it sure seems that way), but how fair or not, it is the reality. The coaches must always hit the door first before the players. That's just the nature of the business.

yo.

#86 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,686 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:08 PM

None of this matters when there's no passion from the players. When the players don't wanna' go to battle for their coach, you can forget about any potential 'system' on either end of the floor or giving in to working together towards a common goal. All hope is lost seemingly. It's obviously not entirely Mike Brown's fault (though most of it is and it sure seems that way), but how fair or not, it is the reality. The coaches must always hit the door first before the players. That's just the nature of the business.

thing is everyone played with effort tonight but Gasol. You can't say that there was no passion from the players when Kobe, Hill, Howard, Metta and even Blake played hard tonight. The only guy that was apparent in terms of being not there was Gasol. 5 points and 7 rebounds tonight and was outplayed by Hill.

Everyone else that was out there, missed shot or not seemed to give effort. Gasol was the only apparent (through the motions) guy.

#87 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:09 PM

That's just how it is.

We didn't run any Princeton tonight(if any) and our timing and problems were still apparent with our lack of chemistry. If we just ran PnR the entire game which our players can play well in then by the time we got to the playoffs and our play slowed down we'd be in trouble.

Most important thing is getting our tendencies.

Wanna know how lacking of chemistry we are?

Kobe off the Pick and Roll Screens with Howard is still shovel passing to him(like he did with Bynum) rather than lobbing it up.

We aren't used to each other yet.

That isn't gonna happen till 20 games from now which is what we all expected. Yet some people are wanting to throw in the towel and build up other teams just 5 game sinto the season.

Makes me sick really.

The reason some Lakers fans are hated(and laughed at) is because they're always the first to talk crap and be arrogant about their team while also being the first to quit on their team. :nah:

Dude shut up. Hands down. You have no clue.

Why don't the Rockets, Philly, Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, New York, Golden State(Played no games together last season), and Dallas. ALL have no problems? Why?

The lakers have had all of trainign camp 8 preseason games and 5 TERRIBlLE regular season games to get acquainted with one another and yet they are still struggling. So please stop with your Mike Brown love its disgusting. The coach, the system it all needs to go. Lakers look boring out there not to mention terrible. There is no flow and its all because of our coach.

Which coach in the NBA at the highest level would play an older Metta World Peace at the 2 guard? Who? seriously.

We are 1-4 with 4 hall of famers. Enough is enough. You know the Lakers when they added Karl Malone and Gary Payton? They started the regular season 18-3. YOu know why? Because we had Phil Jackson who knew exactly what to do.

Our rotations suck.

You know back when Mike Brown was in Cleveland I used to think he was just Lebrons muppet. HE wasnt a coach, Lebron then was the man, coach and GM at that team.

From the players laughing at him in detroit when he put the starters back in now to kobes death stare, it goes to show actions speaks louder than any of my previous words and that Mike Brown cannot control this many stars. He was never made for LA. He was made for Cleveland.

#firemikebrown
Laker fan for life.

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:13 PM

thing is everyone played with effort tonight but Gasol. You can't say that there was no passion from the players when Kobe, Hill, Howard, Metta and even Blake played hard tonight.

They play with effort in stints (and very brief ones at that), not consistently throughout the game. You can't have that. If you watch the whole game, there's just too many plays that are beyond unacceptable and go further than just a mistake or lack of attention. It is having an agenda, lack of full commitment & desire, and not truly buying into the 'system' on both ends.

yo.

#89 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,686 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:16 PM

nonsense just to say
#firemikebrown

We had one pre-season game together as a unit and the main person on our bench played a wonderful one game before being injured <_<

We didn't get one game(with our starting lineup and our bench in tact) until the first game of the season and even still have only played 2 games together.

Perhaps you're the one that should shut up and stop acting like we played 13 games TOGETHER as a unit.

If you're gonna ignore our lack of chemistry when Kobe is still throwing shovel passes to Howard or you're going to ignore that Howard's timing is off(stripped 4 times by Al Jefferson of all people tonight) then there's nothing to say.

Spew your hate elsewhere and keep ignoring that this team needs more playing time together :) Because in your world all those teams(that had a full pre-season together as a unit) are the same as us. They aren't.

Also our 2nd best player hadn't played basketball in almost a year. So maybe you should marinate on that and compare it to all the other teams you mentioned :) The only difference that the Rockets faced was getting Harden over Kevin Martin :laughing: Yeah compare that to anything of ours. Your attempt at trying to make a point while ignoring all of our other problems especially chemistry is laughable.

You may as well disagree with Kobe whom said that is the main problem of our team(tonight too).

So I'm guessing Kobe who is in practice every single day has no idea what he's talking about either. I'm sure he assumed they'd all be clicking by this point and was just being nice when discussing the frustrations with his timing(for guys like Dwight) :shifty: Move along :)

#90 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:20 PM

The fact you still think Mike Brown is not a problem is what I find extremely laughable.

He was a problem last year

and his a problem this year

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 07, 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#91 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Chances against Miami!?

Chances like any other bad team. Have to catch them on a really bad day to beat them.

Posted Image

#92 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,686 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:27 PM

The fact you still think Mike Brown is not a problem is what I find extremely laughable.

He was a problem last year

and his a problem this year

The problem is I see that there's problems that Mike Brown has to fix in his rotations and his plays that he needs to improve on. But at the same time I understand that this team lacks a lot of chemistry and a lot of the problems we have have to do with guys still adjusting to one another as well as our system. Even when we divert from the system(like we did tonight as we rarely ran a Princeton set) we still had trouble with timing and each other's chemistry. Finding one another and being on time with passing. All things we excel at in practice but we need to translate it into the game and that comes with time.

The problem is that people like you, look for the quick blame and the quick fix.

We as a team would struggle for the same reasons under a different coach that we do now, the problem is we'd have to learn an entirely new system under an entirely new coach while STILL not having full chemistry as a cohesive unit. And we'd actually struggle for a longer period of time afterwards.

So your lack of willingness to realize our chemistry problems along with your willingness to place ALL blame on the coach shows me that you' have a vendetta against Brown regardless if we were being successful or not.

We deviated from the Princeton tonight and guys did their own thing, and we got 80 points. Every other night no matter how "bad" we looked we always scored close to 100. Our problem isn't our system it's our guys getting used to it as well as learning each other.

I know YOU don't want to hear that. But that's gonna be true under this coach, and gonna continue to be true under any other coach that showed up. So learn to live with it or stop watching till Christmas. Easy as that :glasses:

#93 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:29 PM

Why are we bothering debating this when we well know Miami would wipe the floor with us.
Posted Image

#94 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:40 PM

I know we have chemistry problems. But our BIGGEST problem right now? IS the Coach. Thats what im saying. Get rid of the coach first work on the others later. Because teh Coach aint helping.
Laker fan for life.

#95 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:18 AM

I know we have chemistry problems. But our BIGGEST problem right now? IS the Coach. Thats what im saying. Get rid of the coach first work on the others later. Because teh Coach aint helping.

Yeah, but even if we do we're still screwed because Miami will run circles around our slow team.

#96 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, but even if we do we're still screwed because Miami will run circles around our slow team.

ya , and run right into a healthy dwight who will affect their shot. oh , and a healthy dwight might out rebound their whole team by himslef

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users