• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,846 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 03, 2012 - 10:50 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: your funny to read. Always raging about [expletive].

#42 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 04, 2012 - 01:07 AM

Miami has to worry about Philly first

#43 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History

Posted September 04, 2012 - 02:16 AM

Nash > Chalmers

Kobe > Wade

Metta < Lebron

Pau > Haslem (think they're starting him at the four and Bosh at the five???)

Howard > Bosh

did i read that right, pau is better than someone? lol i agree the sl is better by looking at the matchups but i dont care for that logic, the lakers are just a better fit on paper and dont have the size problems. i worry more about the lakers beating themselves than i do the heat
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#44 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 03:25 AM

Rashard Lewis on a Heat team and is pretty much getting the same role as he did on the magic when he was playing well....

AND TO SAY NORRIS COLE IS JUST AS BAD AS STEVE BLAKE by far is the stupidest thing you have ever said.... him and chalmers LOCKED UP jeremy Lin when they played the heat... LIN COULDN'T EVEN GET THE BALL UP THE COURT... I doubt steve blake could play that kind of defense or contribute like Norris Cole does for the Heat smh

dude norris cole is about as bad as steve blake, at least so far. sure he is younger and faster but he is a horrific shooter. miami won with team d not because their 1's shut lin down. their whole defensive game plan was to slow down lin, one guy doesnt shut down a decent pg even one only moderately fast like lin. just look at his games vs holiday who is a better defender than either of them..
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#45 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 04, 2012 - 04:36 AM

Yeah D-Wade had some good games yada yada. But throughout the whole season he really did look like a shell of his older self.

Exactly!! Dwayne was a shell of hiself because of injury and they won the championship. We were healthy and out in the second round again. Oh and Miami added Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. We are a different team this year but haven't proven CRAP yet. Miami is the reigning champions therefore the best team in the NBA until Kobe gets 6 (hopefully this year or next)

#46 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 04, 2012 - 04:44 AM

You could say that for every team in the league genius.

I don't know if you payed attention to the playoffs at all, but Dwayne Wade was awful. He's clearly not the player he was pre-LeBron whether that's due to injury or just playing with LeBron who knows, but he's no longer a top 5 player in the league. The fact they won a championship with a hobbled Bosh and a shell of himself Wade is really incredible, but they really lucked out. They played in a very weak conference which they actually struggled to get out of and played against an inexperienced OKC team. Miami was one of the weakest championship teams in recent memory. Anyways don't really see Wade being much of a factor.

Did that idiot just say Dwayne Wade won't be much of a factor?? Does he realize if Dwayne Wade played in Kobes place over the last 14 years that Dwayne would have four five or more championships?? Secondly GENIUS. Teams have played inconsistant and WON

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 04, 2012 - 06:22 AM

Does he realize if Dwayne Wade played in Kobes place over the last 14 years that Dwayne would have four five or more championships??

:facepalm:

what the [expletive] is going on around here

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 04, 2012 - 08:37 AM

Did that idiot just say Dwayne Wade won't be much of a factor?? Does he realize if Dwayne Wade played in Kobes place over the last 14 years that Dwayne would have four five or more championships?? Secondly GENIUS. Teams have played inconsistant and WON

The only idiot here is you of you really think that.
htCCl0m.png

#49 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2012 - 08:52 AM

Lol this thread is entertaining.

#50 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:01 AM

The only weakness i see in Miami is C position. Even lakers line up from last year, with Bynum plug in the middle, would the Lakers do better than OKC Vs. Miami? OKC only took game one from Miami at home, then lost 4 straight. Just say If Lakers line up from last year got pass OKC (which Lakers threw away 2 games) would the lakers played Miami better than OKC? Or should i say would the Lakers got mote than 1 W.

Now you compare to this year's line up...Lakers looks pretty darn ready to face Miami. To date, only bad thing I hear about the lakers is they too old (Nash, Kobe, Pau). My friend offer me a bet, 1 to 3....he takes Miami 1, me Lakers 3. So I'll win $300, he'll take $100.

#51 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Lol this thread is entertaining.

#52 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:15 AM

Miami has to worry about Philly first

This is so true, I was just thinking Boston. Looks like Mitch planted a seed too in Philly. Trade Bynum to Philly since they are now playoff contender, give the Heat a big speed bumb. Philly looks strong & scary! Especially after Bynum get that knee strong. I'm pretty sure Bynum will bring it more consistent now since he is THE man, not behind the Mamba.

#53 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2012 - 09:18 AM

Miami will get killed on the boards. They cant fastbreak anymore and they can't draw more free throws than us. Those 3 are basically their bread and butter and we basically negate those things. IF we play our game, establish our bigs and then let Kobe go do his thing, we win

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#54 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 04, 2012 - 10:32 AM

did i read that right, pau is better than someone? lol i agree the sl is better by looking at the matchups but i dont care for that logic, the lakers are just a better fit on paper and dont have the size problems. i worry more about the lakers beating themselves than i do the heat

This. We seem to have the uncanny ability to take ourselves out of games its crazy.

Did you just say that wade is as good as kobe :blink:

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#55 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 12:22 PM

wtf point are you trying to make with that stupid insulting hypothetical comment other than showing your posterior? first of all wade would have had to learn how to hit a last second shot to win all those rings. secondly, he would have had to man up and play injured. that dainty flower could have never gone b2b2b . wade is a great player but dont compare the guy to kobe

Edited by SweatShop, September 04, 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#56 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,327 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 01:11 PM

Miami will get killed on the boards. They cant fastbreak anymore and they can't draw more free throws than us. Those 3 are basically their bread and butter and we basically negate those things. IF we play our game, establish our bigs and then let Kobe go do his thing, we win

The scary lineup is

Bosh
Bron
Battier
Allen
Wade

If they implement it, my point though is that any time bron plays the 4 we can do 1 of 2 things. Either put the onus on pau to make the heat pay for their small lineup by destroying bron in the post

Or we can match up and hope we outplay them

The pau idea has the largest upside because if any team forces Miami to go big they struggle. Okc tried but ibaka and perk didn't get it done

Okc is a more straight up match up, no style clashes. Just two teams fighting it out
Posted Image

#57 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,992 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 04, 2012 - 01:50 PM

The fact we have Dwight Howard and MWP is going to be the problem for Miami.

LeBron has always done his worst against Orlando because Dwight didn't let him bully inside and a lot of their offense was stagnant. Not just that but Miami's defense and spacing problems were very exposed whenever they played against Orlando. Strictly because of their capability to consistently over commit. Not just that but LeBron couldn't bully inside when Dwight was there and it always changed his shot, when LeBron can't bully inside he separates himself from the play or looks for a long jump shot. This is our advantage. This plus also having MWP guarding him, lighter, stronger, in shape and faster means LeBron not only will have someone on him that has very quick hands and reflexes, he'll also have someone on him that he can't bully in the post and won't overpower. The only advantage he has on MWP is if he gets the first step past him which he'll take to the basket, but Dwight will be waiting for him at the rim making him change the shot like always and he'll either have to pass it or put up a rough shot. But the thing is because of Miami's lineup we can afford to play man on man more often and won't have to switch on LeBron too often because Dwight will be there so it will be harder for LeBron to find an open man, if it's Bosh then Gasol is going to be on him and none of our wing players is gonna switch in that situation and if LeBron passes to the other center, Dwight is the best in the league at recovering to block the shot off the pass after committing to the person driving to the basket.

It is because of this, Dwight alone gave LeBron fits, with MWP AND Dwight, LeBron will have a nightmare. As far as Wade goes, Kobe can handle him. As far as Ray Allen off the bench, Meeks is a better defender than he's given credit for and his wingspan is crazy and he has shown more than capable of locking up Ray Allen in the past so he should have no issues here. Battier is only dangerous when left open and we won't be leaving him open when Dwight is taking care of LeBron at the rim, we'll be double teaming less in those scenarios thus Battier won't be getting as many wide open shots. Chalmers could be somewhat of a nuisance but not too gigantic, Bosh will always be decent. But their main areas of attack, is letting lebron bully, fast breaks, and wide open threes. They won't be able to go 8 minutes of a quarter running the offense through Wade and LeBron ONLY and us never adjusting. That seriously was something that madem e laugh last year, they would go through entire quarters giving the ball to solely Wade and LeBron and the other team never adjusted, they just did the same things over and over again never changing defensive plans or defensive schemes. The Heat won't get away with that with us, we'll force them to have to go through other people to beat us and the difference is our bench is deeper than theirs so that's a + and our starting lineup and offense directly COUNTERS their defense and is it's foil. So of the three, Miami, OKC and San Antonio. Miami is the easier matchup in terms of style, OKC is the second one, and the hardest matchup is San Antonio.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#58 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 04, 2012 - 01:51 PM

miami will always get fast break opportunities, its just a matter of limiting them overall. the lakers need to have their offense clicking though and not take bad shots that miami can run out on.

i thought they did a decent job of limiting okc for the most part and keeping the game slow but damn they couldnt do anything else. for once , i think their offense was more of a problem than their d (not that their d was great) even though they were somewhat successful in slowing things down. of course getting stops means little when you dont get the defensive rebound.

im sure dwight will be better on the defensive glass than lazy bynum but they cant afford to control tempo and get stops only to give up second (or 3rd or 4th) chance points. that one thing alone would have probably won the okc series, had pau and bynum actually boxed out on the def boards.

#59 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 04, 2012 - 01:58 PM

Miami went 6-1 with a healthy Chris Bosh in the 2012 Playoffs. They would have swept the Knicks AND Pacers with him, just putting that out there. The Boston series would have went five games, so you're looking at a team that could have gone 16-2, and I'm sorry if you disagree with that, but it's the truth.

We won't necessarily have the advantage on the glass, if we're talking strictly numbers. Among all teams in the league last season, the Miami Heat held their opponents to 39.8 RPG, and that was 1st in the NBA.

Of course, we are still a better rebounding team, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll pull down more boards. Miami shot at a very high percentage last season (around 47%), while holding teams to a very low percentage (approx. 43%), so a big reason why Miami held teams to a lower rebounding total was because they didn't give them as many chances to grab boards to begin with.

Everyone likes to look at rebounding totals (remember, defense and rebounding win championships), but if you don't score the ball, you don't win the game. Don't forget about the Charlotte Bobcats team from a few years back, when Gerald Wallace and Co. were arguably the best defensive team in the league, but had little to no offensive rhythm. How many wins? How far did they get during the post season?

Last season, the Lakers didn't have a legitimate offense. They played through Bynum, which was a costly mistake, especially when we played two teams (Denver and OKC) that had big men to defend him, and quick players to recover out of double teams.

This season, we're installing the Princeton...an offense that doesn't exactly target a specific scoring option, but instead, maximizes his abilities and opportunities on AND off the ball.

What Miami will unload this season in three-point shooting (Ray Ray, Battier, Miller, Shard), they will have to sacrifice back on the defensive end and in transition. Kobe and Ron won't beat Westbrook and Durant back down the floor on a fastbreak, but they will most definitely shadow Battier and Allen.

Miami relies heavily on their help defense, and LeBron is basically their anchor...which you typically won't see with many NBA teams over the years. The Princeton will force LeBron to take an extra step or two away from the rim OR to spend time fronting the post (if he's stuck on Gasol at the four). Wade will certainly be on an island with Kobe, and even at full health, with no big man defensive anchor, Wade will find out that a stellar offense always trumps individual defense. Meanwhile, with Dwight working Bosh over, and Chalmers not knowing whether to go over/under the screen (giving Nash an open shot, or a drive to initiate our shooters), the Heat could be sweating a potential Finals match-up with us already.

All we have to do is develop the chemistry, set all egos aside, and stay healthy. Doesn't seem like much to ask, but you have four future HOF'ers on this squad, four all-stars, three superstars, three MVP candidates...four players who can score 20+ in a game at any given time. Boston found a way to do it in 2008. We failed in 2004. I can't recall very many times it was accomplished, even with the Showtime Lakers (because Worthy was never a superstar), so it will definitely be interesting to watch.

#60 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,992 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 04, 2012 - 02:01 PM

miami will always get fast break opportunities, its just a matter of limiting them overall. the lakers need to have their offense clicking though and not take bad shots that miami can run out on.

i thought they did a decent job of limiting okc for the most part and keeping the game slow but damn they couldnt do anything else. for once , i think their offense was more of a problem than their d (not that their d was great) even though they were somewhat successful in slowing things down. of course getting stops means little when you dont get the defensive rebound.

im sure dwight will be better on the defensive glass than lazy bynum but they cant afford to control tempo and get stops only to give up second (or 3rd or 4th) chance points. that one thing alone would have probably won the okc series, had pau and bynum actually boxed out on the def boards.

The Princeton and spacing of it is designed to be able to get the type of shots and opportunities that even when missed allow you to be able to get back on defense and allows less opportunities for someone to get out ahead of the pack for a fast break opportunity. That's the beauty of it and how it can help us on the defensive end because we'll be able to get setup faster even if we miss a shot, more often than not. So we'll limit the fast break opportunities of both OKC and Miami based on our offense alone.

Last season, the Lakers didn't have a legitimate offense. They played through Bynum, which was a costly mistake, especially when we played two teams (Denver and OKC) that had big men to defend him, and quick players to recover out of double teams.

This season, we're installing the Princeton...an offense that doesn't exactly target a specific scoring option, but instead, maximizes his abilities and opportunities on AND off the ball.

What Miami will unload this season in three-point shooting (Ray Ray, Battier, Miller, Shard), they will have to sacrifice back on the defensive end and in transition. Kobe and Ron won't beat Westbrook and Durant back down the floor on a fastbreak, but they will most definitely shadow Battier and Allen.

Miami relies heavily on their help defense, and LeBron is basically their anchor...which you typically won't see with many NBA teams over the years. The Princeton will force LeBron to take an extra step or two away from the rim OR to spend time fronting the post (if he's stuck on Gasol at the four). Wade will certainly be on an island with Kobe, and even at full health, with no big man defensive anchor, Wade will find out that a stellar offense always trumps individual defense. Meanwhile, with Dwight working Bosh over, and Chalmers not knowing whether to go over/under the screen (giving Nash an open shot, or a drive to initiate our shooters), the Heat could be sweating a potential Finals match-up with us already.

All we have to do is develop the chemistry, set all egos aside, and stay healthy. Doesn't seem like much to ask, but you have four future HOF'ers on this squad, four all-stars, three superstars, three MVP candidates...four players who can score 20+ in a game at any given time. Boston found a way to do it in 2008. We failed in 2004. I can't recall very many times it was accomplished, even with the Showtime Lakers (because Worthy was never a superstar), so it will definitely be interesting to watch.

This, our offense will force a lot out of Miami when it comes down to it, more than any other team more than likely. LeBron HAS had issue defending against the Princeton in the past so I'd like to see him against it now.

The Princeton causes them the kinds of problems you mentioned but it's not just that, if Bosh is on an island with Dwight by himself and Miami HAS to play one on one then that's an easy score for Dwight, if LeBron has to switch off Pau to get to Dwight because Miami's help defense HAS been a problem in the past in terms of the fact they commit too much for it, it's gonna leave Gasol open, so they have to make a choice, either you leave Bosh alone with Dwight and Dwight will score, or LeBron will rotate over and Gasol will score and then there's even more options in the pick and roll situation with Nash along with the two you mentioned, Nash having an open shot or going to the lane initiating our shooters, if Dwight is the guy that sets the screen it adds a whole new dimension to the issues we give Miami.

In all honesty we are a team that is directly built to counter and shut down anything Miami can do. We are designed to beat Miami from our lineups down to the offense we're running, we just have to make it all click, and should we, Miami has little chance, with how they are currently structured offensively and defensively. We're designed to beat them specifically since we really don't counter any of the top teams AS HARD as we counter Miami imo

Edited by Majesty, September 04, 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users