95 replies to this topic

#21 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:28 AM

Whether you like it or not, LeBron and Wade make a BIG difference. When they turn on the switch there is nothing anyone can do about it. With that being said, we are much deeper than Miami but can we match Miami's energy for 48 minutes?? If Kobe shoots a better percentage this year and our shooters shoot well, LA will win it all. If our shooters are inconsistant and our defense and passing aren't crisp, we are Dead Meat

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,197 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 02, 2012 - 03:39 AM

Whether you like it or not, LeBron and Wade make a BIG difference. When they turn on the switch there is nothing anyone can do about it. With that being said, we are much deeper than Miami but can we match Miami's energy for 48 minutes?? If Kobe shoots a better percentage this year and our shooters shoot well, LA will win it all. If our shooters are inconsistant and our defense and passing aren't crisp, we are Dead Meat

that's for every team

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 02, 2012 - 08:56 AM

You could say that for every team in the league genius.

I don't know if you payed attention to the playoffs at all, but Dwayne Wade was awful. He's clearly not the player he was pre-LeBron whether that's due to injury or just playing with LeBron who knows, but he's no longer a top 5 player in the league. The fact they won a championship with a hobbled Bosh and a shell of himself Wade is really incredible, but they really lucked out. They played in a very weak conference which they actually struggled to get out of and played against an inexperienced OKC team. Miami was one of the weakest championship teams in recent memory. Anyways don't really see Wade being much of a factor.

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, September 02, 2012 - 08:59 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#24 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:42 AM

I don't understand how 23/5/4 on 46% is awful, especially for a 2nd option.

#25 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:48 AM

I don't know if you payed attention to the playoffs at all, but Dwayne Wade was awful. He's clearly not the player he was pre-LeBron whether that's due to injury or just playing with LeBron who knows, but he's no longer a top 5 player in the league. The fact they won a championship with a hobbled Bosh and a shell of himself Wade is really incredible, but they really lucked out. They played in a very weak conference which they actually struggled to get out of and played against an inexperienced OKC team. Miami was one of the weakest championship teams in recent memory. Anyways don't really see Wade being much of a factor.

Were we watching the same playoffs? Wade had a superb playoffs this last year. He was an important factor against the Pacers series in which he saved the Heat from nearly being down 3-1 and finishing off the series in game 6 with 41 pts. Throughout the next series he had 20+ consistent nights. idk where you get your facts from

Edited by ツ  , September 02, 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:53 AM

I don't know if "superb" would be the word I'd use but he was solid.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,756 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:12 AM

You didn't watch their playoff run.

#28 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:15 AM

so if we play bad were gonna lose.... I think you should go on espn to tell the world of this break through in basketball strategy.

#29 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 02, 2012 - 11:00 AM

Were we watching the same playoffs? Wade had a superb playoffs this last year. He was an important factor against the Pacers series in which he saved the Heat from nearly being down 3-1 and finishing off the series in game 6 with 41 pts. Throughout the next series he had 20+ consistent nights. idk where you get your facts from

Clearly you didn't watch the playoffs because Wade was pretty awful at least compared to his high standards. He only averaged 23, 5, and 5 on 43 percent shooting. That's not the Dwayne Wade we're used to seeing.
htCCl0m.png

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 11:03 AM

he averaged 46% during the playoffs

shut up

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,756 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 02, 2012 - 01:52 PM

he averaged 46% during the playoffs

shut up

#32 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 02, 2012 - 01:55 PM

so if we play bad were gonna lose.... I think you should go on espn to tell the world of this break through in basketball strategy.

You obviously didn't see our Championship win against Boston. We played bad and won. Those are only 3 aspects of a game that has about 20. I've seen teams play excellent and lose. When you watch basketball for another twenty years then question me

#33 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Better than anybody else in the league IMO. Miami struggles with dominant bigs and we have the most dominant big in the league in Dwight Howard and elite points guards which we also have in Steve Nash. Our bench is every bit as good as theirs IMO.

Umm

Norris Cole>>>>Steve Blake
Ray Allen>>>>jodie Meeks
Rashard Lewis>>>Devin Ebanks(as of right now but that's subject to change is Ebanks comes out this year killing)
Their reserve bigs<<<<<Jordan Hill and Antwan Jamison

#34 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 07:11 AM

I don't understand how 23/5/4 on 46% is awful, especially for a 2nd option.

I think some people just say things with out doing any research first

#35 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,313 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 03, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yeah D-Wade had some good games yada yada. But throughout the whole season he really did look like a shell of his older self.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,197 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 03, 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yeah D-Wade had some good games yada yada. But throughout the whole season he really did look like a shell of his older self.

it's called injuries

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#37 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 02:32 PM

[/b]

Umm

Norris Cole>>>>Steve Blake
Ray Allen>>>>jodie Meeks
Rashard Lewis>>>Devin Ebanks(as of right now but that's subject to change is Ebanks comes out this year killing)
Their reserve bigs<<<<<Jordan Hill and Antwan Jamison

Rashard lewis is over rated and norris cole is just as bad as blake. Only upper hand they have is ray allen.

#38 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 06:51 PM

Rashard lewis is over rated and norris cole is just as bad as blake. Only upper hand they have is ray allen.

Rashard Lewis on a Heat team and is pretty much getting the same role as he did on the magic when he was playing well....

AND TO SAY NORRIS COLE IS JUST AS BAD AS STEVE BLAKE by far is the stupidest thing you have ever said.... him and chalmers LOCKED UP jeremy Lin when they played the heat... LIN COULDN'T EVEN GET THE BALL UP THE COURT... I doubt steve blake could play that kind of defense or contribute like Norris Cole does for the Heat smh

#39 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 07:25 PM

No you just over rate like every [expletive]ty player out there. Every post from you is something about a [expletive]ty player and you saying there good.

#40 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 10:23 PM

No you just over rate like every [expletive]ty player out there. Every post from you is something about a [expletive]ty player and you saying there good.

You see the difference between you and me is I love basketball and I like to see young talent do good and I appreciate the talent that is already proven but you don't even know [expletive] about any player in the league except for probably 20 big name players.... I doubt you've ever played basketball let alone watched anything besides laker games.... do you watch college ball do you do research on upcoming talent? do you even bother to watch rival teams play to see who their good and bad players are? .. I think your answer to all those questions are no and you always troll my post and NEVER have anything to bring to an argument besides your opinion that has no substance to it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users