Photo

Matt To The Heat, Clippers Or Mavericks? (Pg. 4)

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2012 - 05:01 PM

That's not saying much tho

Lol not saying it is much but my point is that he was our most productive player off that weak bench.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with Ebanks but since he knows Dwight and Nash, it might help in that department when on the floor with them. Especially with Nash, remember the Sessions/Barnes connection? Double that production with Nash

#42 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted August 31, 2012 - 05:17 PM

Barnes is an athletic defensive go-getter with an ability to change the tempo coming off the bench. Changing the tempo isn't something I believe Matt has been allowed to do in his stint with the Lakers.

When Ebanks is on the floor, athletically he seems a bit overmatched at times. Looking towards the playoffs, Ebanks would struggle against speedy 3-men and smaller 4-men.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 31, 2012 - 06:43 PM

Ebanks has played better defense on Durant than Barnes has :glasses:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#44 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2012 - 07:02 PM

I would love to get Pietrus for the 3 if he's willing to accept vm or at most mini mle

this :rock:
Posted Image

#45 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2012 - 07:41 PM

I want to see what Ebanks can do playing full time backup 3. He's 6'9 and pretty athletic, i'd like to see him running out there with the 2nd unit, and get some time with the starters as well.

I'm kinda fed up with Barnes too. Too streaky, not consistent enought and is oft-injured. I know he comes cheap and is a decent vet to have coming off the bench, but I think the Lakers are done with him.

#46 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 07:53 PM

I want to see Ebanks as the backup three too. He went up to 225 of muscle, he's pretty much committing to a three right now and has grown into it. He guards Durant better than Barnes because of his wingspan and he does have athleticism and a nice mid range jumper.

It would make no sense to resign Ebanks if we're bringing Barnes back

#47 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted August 31, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Don't like Barnes for his bone-headed plays

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#48 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Watch after the Metta elbow from somewhere after the 4:30 mark...

#49 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 09:44 PM

I would agree, but that is one forward out of very many. If Ebanks really bulked up I would be interested. Loved him out of college but his body has not grown as I would have liked it to.

Also, lets consider that Barnes and Ebanks will not likely play many minutes vs KD, as long as MWP can stay out of foul trouble

Edited by TronVader, August 31, 2012 - 09:46 PM.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted August 31, 2012 - 09:52 PM

I would agree, but that is one forward out of very many. If Ebanks really bulked up I would be interested. Loved him out of college but his body has not grown as I would have liked it to.

Also, lets consider that Barnes and Ebanks will not likely play many minutes vs KD, as long as MWP can stay out of foul trouble

Ebanks has at least played significant and effective defense on Durant whereas you only put Barnes on Durant if you want to put your team in the penalty in about 1 minutes time.

#51 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,230 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 31, 2012 - 11:15 PM

If barnes is signed its not like he will play much. Hell Ebanks wont play much this year also. You usually only see 4 main bench players on the team. Yes you can have a fifth but that usual only happens if one of the 4 is playing very bad or fouled/kicked out of the game.

hill,jaminson, blake, meeks are going to be our main bench players and you wont see much from anyone else. Ebanks will probably average like 5-7 mins baring injurys.

#52 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 12:48 AM

If barnes is signed its not like he will play much. Hell Ebanks wont play much this year also. You usually only see 4 main bench players on the team. Yes you can have a fifth but that usual only happens if one of the 4 is playing very bad or fouled/kicked out of the game.

hill,jaminson, blake, meeks are going to be our main bench players and you wont see much from anyone else. Ebanks will probably average like 5-7 mins baring injurys.

If Ebanks can put together 10 minutes of fast pace basketball (which honestly I have yet to really see from him) he would be golden. He needs to bring something to the table to make our bench fearsome - everyone knows our bench will be significantly better in terms of talent, but I no one listed is a fearful player; Barnes in some degree is that guy.

Wut

#53 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted September 01, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Rather let Ebanks develop than let Barnes in

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#54 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'd rather give Ebanks a chance to show himself than include Barnes in rotation.

#55 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 01, 2012 - 12:17 PM

for like 5 mins.....

#56 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted September 01, 2012 - 12:34 PM

Oh look, Matt's on TMZ again. Why am I not surprised.

#57 cobyjacks

cobyjacks

Rookie

• 184 posts
  • Name:DBrown
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean/Metta World Peace

Posted September 01, 2012 - 06:56 PM

Barnes makes no sense. He can't shoot. He's not the GSW defender people want to think he is. He can't shoot. He cannot be counted on in crunch time. We have ebanks, who is a better defender and is at the age where he can still make leaps n bounds as far as his overall game. Why would u want 3 SFs? Okay, he slashes and cuts well against second team guys....that's it. There's a reason he hasn't received much interest from anyone else.

#58 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,632 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 07, 2012 - 08:00 AM

Matt Barnes To The Celtics?

Posted Image

Mike Cerra
Sep 6th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

You read that right; the Celtics are supposedly interested in Matt Barnes and vise versa. Barnes, an aging small forward, may be a good fit in Boston. Personally, I’d prefer size instead. One thing that I’m sure fans will start asking is how much do we pay him?

I highly doubt the Celtics will offer Barnes the bi-annual exception worth $2 million, but they do have the option of signing him to a veteran’s minimum. Another thing that sticks out to me is his attitude and the way he caries himself. In the last few years we’ve had players who were high maintenance off the court. But if he is willing to come in with the right attitude and mindset, I wouldn’t mind having him.

He’s another player to help cover LeBron, and if he does join the team, it may indicate what the Celtics might do with Jeff Green this season. Two years ago the Celtics played Green at power forward, adding Barnes who is a small forward may allow Boston to play Green at either position.

Without going too deep into speculation, the outcome of having Barnes joining Boston could give the Celtics the option to have Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox backup Brandon Bass at power forward, and have Kevin Garnett, Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger, and Jason Collins playing at center. This not only helps the Celtics depth, but it also gives Doc Rivers flexibility with the roster.

Here is a snip from the original source from Rant Sports -

BOSTON- The NBA rumors are again taking on a Boston Celtics flavor. During a recent interview Los Angeles Lakers free agent small forward Matt Barnes let the world know that he is a free agent and talking to a few other teams besides the Lakers. One of the NBA teams rumored to be in the mix for Barnes services are the Boston Celtics.

Right now I’d take this rumor with a grain of salt. Even though the rumor is starting to make the rounds on social media, I don’t know the legitimacy and credibility of the source, but it’s creating a buzz around Celtics Nation nonetheless.

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2012/09/06/rumor-former-laker-matt-barnes-possibly-coming-to-boston/

#59 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,230 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 07, 2012 - 09:34 AM

^ lol there goes there 3 point % in the playoffs :laughing: :laughing:

#60 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 09:49 AM