#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,596 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Great choice, but how do you become a mod here? Just curious.

Well I do those things for the most part, but I got suspended one does that kill my chances?

Yes I understand that, but that's what the place is for. You're not gonna agree on everything. I'm still fairly young (Only 17) so I'm still a tad bit immature, but since my suspension I've made a valiant effort to improve my behavior and I think I've done that.

Not at all.Maybe, maybe not. Haven't given up hope. :)

Yes and it's no different than the rest of the posters here.

Oh yes because you've never made outrageous statements before. I was kinda joking lol I don't really expect to become a mod.

Well I did that just out of anger cuz I was mad at Dwight for the whole Dwightmare thing was ready to move forward with Bynum. Never really thought that lol.

That's derailing. Take it elsewhere, not in this thread.

#44 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:37 PM

That's derailing. Take it elsewhere, not in this thread.

Not really.
htCCl0m.png

• 38,985 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:46 PM

^ Really? C'mon bro'. Use some wisdom here. I don't think you wanna' go the route you're creating.

yo.

#46 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,596 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Really? You've had two moderators and myself tell you off for derailing the thread.

That would be a good sign to stop while you're ahead.

#47 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 02, 2012 - 11:11 PM

There are no set requirements to become a mod, because we don't accept applications, and we don't search for one over time. If a moderator drops, we have a few in mind already, just like we do right now, and the decision is made within hours, usually. We don't look at suspensions, don't look at previous bans, or even go back and read posts...because, simply put, we know what members will be able to fit nicely into said role, and which ones are not suited for it. Even some of our best members will never land a moderator spot, usually because I feel they are better contributors as a full-time poster with no other responsibilities.

If anyone posts on LN to eventually become a moderator, they might as well head out the door.

A mod spot is not a privilege, it is a day-to-day assignment. It's a responsibility. The extra, hidden staff forum has no benefits. It is filled with topics concerning disciplinary actions handed to various members, rule changes and definitions, etc.

As far as this topic goes, I'm going to assume LAKER and the two moderators have things under control. I don't like being invited back into topics, unless I'm in a productive debate, and those three are a bit more patient when it comes to taking necessary action as they see fit.

This thread is going completely downhill. These back and forth responses are off topic and aren't necessary.

A fun way to start out, I guess.

Congratulations. You're going to be an asset to our moderating team, no doubt.

#48 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 678 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 02:20 AM

Congrats and good luck baby sitting the members. :laughing:

#49 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted September 03, 2012 - 06:45 AM

There are no set requirements to become a mod, because we don't accept applications, and we don't search for one over time. If a moderator drops, we have a few in mind already, just like we do right now, and the decision is made within hours, usually. We don't look at suspensions, don't look at previous bans, or even go back and read posts...because, simply put, we know what members will be able to fit nicely into said role, and which ones are not suited for it. Even some of our best members will never land a moderator spot, usually because I feel they are better contributors as a full-time poster with no other responsibilities.

If anyone posts on LN to eventually become a moderator, they might as well head out the door.

A mod spot is not a privilege, it is a day-to-day assignment. It's a responsibility. The extra, hidden staff forum has no benefits. It is filled with topics concerning disciplinary actions handed to various members, rule changes and definitions, etc.

As far as this topic goes, I'm going to assume LAKER and the two moderators have things under control. I don't like being invited back into topics, unless I'm in a productive debate, and those three are a bit more patient when it comes to taking necessary action as they see fit.

A fun way to start out, I guess.

Congratulations. You're going to be an asset to our moderating team, no doubt.

Thanks RD.

Congrats and good luck baby sitting the members. :laughing:

Thanks. Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 David

David

Superstar

• 7,968 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 03:16 AM

:rock:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#51 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,837 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted September 14, 2012 - 08:27 PM

congrats!!!
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#52 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,547 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Good job man, do ya thang

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users