2016 - Obama's America

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 26, 2012 - 05:30 PM

I didn't even know this existed till I saw this on Yahoo. Why don't they report on Entertainment Tonight and Extra that this movie was the #2 movie of the weekend???
I may check this out. I've never heard of a conservative documentary..... :laughing:
This movie on Obama is exactly like Michael Moores films on Bush. I remember how Biden supported Michael Moores films. I remember Biden saying that Moore's films were necessary to deliver truth to America.
Ya reap what ya sow.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office-report-anti-obama-doc-beats-films-161221160.html
Box Office Report: Anti-Obama Doc Beats New Films With $6.3 Mil on Eve of GOP Convention
Galvanizing conservatives Dinesh D’Souza and John Sullivan’s documentary 2016: Obama's America grossed a stellar $6.3 million as it expanded nationwide over the weekend, beating a trio of three new films.

The anti-Barack Obama film, opening last month in only a few theaters, now boasts a domestic cume of $9.2 million, the top gross of the year for a documentary (excluding nature films). Bully was the previous crownholder with $3.5 million.

Among other records, Obama's America is now the top conservative documentary of all time, beating out Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed ($7.7 million).

Obama's America -- promoted heavily on talk radio and distributed by Rocky Mountain Pictures -- timed its nationwide expansion to the Republican National Convention, which gets underway this week in Tampa, Fla.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,729 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 26, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Its funny cuz you can never believe anything the extreme left or extreme right say because its so biased. I mean i'm not an Obama fan at all but I doubt as much will happen that extreme conservatives say will happen.

If he was as bad as they said he was then I think we would all be dead now :laughing:.

Same thing with bush. I mean look at those movies by Moore. They were retarded.

#3 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted August 26, 2012 - 05:47 PM

Its funny cuz you can never believe anything the extreme left or extreme right say because its so biased. I mean i'm not an Obama fan at all but I doubt as much will happen that extreme conservatives say will happen.

If he was as bad as they said he was then I think we would all be dead now :laughing:.

the american political system is retarded and those who fight so staunchly for either side are retarded. this type of propaganda and others like it are just feeding this mess.

both sides are wrong about somethings and right about others and yet its become a sporting event, with the election like a superbowl. people representing a team instead of an individual.

republicans would vote for a republican even if that republican is arnold schwarzenegger and steve austin :| while democrats will vote democrat regardless of who runs

politics is such a "ooooh i got you" thing now and honestly is just entertainment. its pro wrestling. its embarrassing
Posted Image

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 26, 2012 - 08:34 PM

the american political system is retarded and those who fight so staunchly for either side are retarded. this type of propaganda and others like it are just feeding this mess.

both sides are wrong about somethings and right about others and yet its become a sporting event, with the election like a superbowl. people representing a team instead of an individual.

republicans would vote for a republican even if that republican is arnold schwarzenegger and steve austin :| while democrats will vote democrat regardless of who runs

politics is such a "ooooh i got you" thing now and honestly is just entertainment. its pro wrestling. its embarrassing

Word up, it is just like a big sport it's so childish and juvenile I can't believe that grown educated ppl can allow themselves to get so caught up in this BS that just keeps you limited and closed minded to any other political ideal outside of what your party says is the right thing.

It's just like religious extremist except this form of extremism is widely accepted in our country.

#5 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 06:48 PM

What is an extreme conservative?

LakersGAfan

Most of the media will try to squash this for political reasons and they promoted Obama last time and will try to elect him this time..

Why not see this??

Funny how people dismiss this and have not even seen this. They probably don't know D'nesh D'Souza who did this film and I think it was produced by the guy from Schindler's List.

Anyways the basis of the film really is to give a reason for Obama's actions... Why did he return Churchill's bust? Why he has a certain viewpoint toward Iran and Israel and other foreign policy decisons? Why he focused on Obama Care? Why he was not too concerned about the Debt? etc.... It gives the viewpoint from Obama himself and many who know him and followed him.

I think liberals will actually agree with Obama after they see the film and it will confirm some things conservatives already knew about him.

I was never afraid to see Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11 which I did. The fact of the matter is more learning and discussion can only help those who are interested in knowledge and learning. Unless you have been indoctrinated by our school system so much that you can't think for yourself.

Edited by pointguard11, August 27, 2012 - 06:49 PM.

"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#6 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Watched it today, very interesting, I recommend it.

The North Remembers

#7 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 07:11 PM

This is a cop out.

It makes you look like you are so good that you don't get into politics. Frankly I enjoy reading most of your opinions but this is just scapegoating your own responsibility to learn about candidates and choose a candidate who aligns with what you most agree with... Obama, Romney, Roseanne Barr lol etc.... I don't care.

Now if you don't vote because of your disdain I can respect that, however I generally feel that if you don't vote you really shouldn't complain about the candidates. Now I didn't say you don't have a right to complain, but that you shouldn't.

I have studied history alot especially during the time of our first 5 presidents and the political squabbles they had were so much crazier than today. From duels and fueds, to newspapers bashing different candidates. Yes it is ugly but so is sausage making, besides it could be worst imo. We could live in another country
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#8 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 08:33 PM

This is a cop out.

It makes you look like you are so good that you don't get into politics. Frankly I enjoy reading most of your opinions but this is just scapegoating your own responsibility to learn about candidates and choose a candidate who aligns with what you most agree with... Obama, Romney, Roseanne Barr lol etc.... I don't care.

Now if you don't vote because of your disdain I can respect that, however I generally feel that if you don't vote you really shouldn't complain about the candidates. Now I didn't say you don't have a right to complain, but that you shouldn't.

I have studied history alot especially during the time of our first 5 presidents and the political squabbles they had were so much crazier than today. From duels and fueds, to newspapers bashing different candidates. Yes it is ugly but so is sausage making, besides it could be worst imo. We could live in another country

My disdain isn't with the canididates. My disdain with the people of this country so fixated on republican vs democrat. And while you might study the political system and candidate viewpoints I'm confident that the majority of Americans do not. I believe the majority of Americans are content with simply voting for their team
Posted Image

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Though having said that I do believe Obama and Romney are the same and while the both advocate different ideas both are politicians at heart preaching change and both at the end will be the same. Until the people of American force their government to be accountable for what they say, to exercise their right to remove people from office, to exercise their right to fix a broken system

Until then this country will head down this path of trying to win a game instead of trying to improve this nation
Posted Image

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 28, 2012 - 04:48 AM

Watched it today, very interesting, I recommend it.

hmmm, ok now I may check it out cuzz your like the 5th person that saw it who said it was good. I also heard that when you read the reviews of the liberal critics it becomes obvious they never took the time to actually watch the movie. And that all they do is bash this guy D'Souza personally to discredit anything he says and make him appear to be the liar so people dont see the movie. And I read the factcheck.com report which is always designed to protect the democratic party since one of their biggest supporters (sorros) owns it. But I laughed when the first defense said:

D'Souza rightly argues that the national debt has risen to $16 trillion under Obama. But he never mentions the explosion of debt that occurred under Obama's predecessor, Republican George W. Bush, nor the 2008 global financial crisis that provoked a shock to the U.S. economy.

Its word for word the rhetoric straight from Obamas campaign team.... :laughing: BUSH DID IT! :laughing:

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 28, 2012 - 04:55 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#11 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted September 03, 2012 - 09:13 PM

^ yeah man I thought it would be an interesting watch and it was, gets you thinking about the direction this country is headed and what it could possibly be like in the future.

The North Remembers

#12 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 03, 2012 - 09:49 PM

I don't agree with this statement personally because the reason you don't vote in the first place is because you don't like any of the candidates and you don't want to choose between the lesser of two evils because your gonna end up with the same result.

Both of these candidates Romney and Obama are just going say there gonna move the moon and stars and do every and anything in their power to help the American ppl but neither of them really will. Their both just going to follow their own agendas, lobby groups, and major corporations while the ppl are left assed out still not realizing that these politicians don't really care about you it's all about themselves were all just tools and pawns for them to get where they want to be.

#13 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,209 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 28, 2012 - 06:52 AM

Posted Image

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users