#101 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 16, 2012 - 08:59 AM

The only thing I'm saying is don't diminish another team's schedule when your own team isn't exactly playing the cream of the crop either...especially when the other team hasn't dropped a game.

Alabama has beaten Michigan; Michigan is 2-1
Alabama has beaten Western Kentucky; WK is 2-1
Alabama has beaten Arkansas; Arkansas is 1-2

Combined opponent record of 5-4

USC has beaten Hawaii; Hawaii is 1-1
USC has beaten Syracuse; Syracuse is 1-2
USC has lost to Stanford; Stanford is 3-0

Combined opponent record of 5-3

Record-wise it's almost a push until you consider that Stanford is 3-0 because they beat USC.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#102 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 16, 2012 - 11:45 AM

bye bye USC in AP Poll

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#103 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 02:11 PM

What do Randy Moss and Terrell Owens have to do with Denard Robinson? There is no relation...again, you're reaching.

Randy Moss and TO are HOF caliber 6'4/6'3 NFL WRs that have made a living running routes, catching passes from HOF QBs, and have played the position of WR for virtually their entire football careers.

Denard is an athlete playing QB, Michigan recruited Denard recruited as a QB, and the position Denard is now playing is starting QB in a major conference for a major team

You've seen TO and Randy Moss throw the ball 60 yards down the field during a game against top tier (NFL Talent level) corners and safeties? Guess that means something; I must have missed that. :search:

He keys in on one receiver? Ok, that means he makes QB mistakes (kinda like Matt Barkley last night)

No accuracy on short/intermediate routes? fixable

Below average decision-making? debatable but again he's a college QB

No pocket presence? he obviously has some presence otherwise he wouldn't be a starting QB.

No collegiate QB has these attributes all the time. Hell, a lot of NFL QBs don't even have these things.

Look, no one is saying Robinson is some kind of transcending QB because he's not but you're trying way too hard to downplay his significance as a player in an effort to diminish Alabama's wins. All the while, ignoring the fact that USC was the 2nd ranked team in the country yet lost to Stanford and beat up on Hawaii and Syracuse.

There's more to the game of football than position of QB...USC is apparently just now finding that out. ;)

Yes, Arkansas was without Tyler Wilson but Wilson doesn't play DL, DT, LB, CB, SS, or FS. They lost 52-0...at home. WITH Tyler Wilson, they still would have been destroyed.

Again, don't talk to me about the schedule when your team just beat up on Hawaii/Syracuse then proceeds to get the ball ran down your throats against the first solid team on your schedule.

Stanford struggled to beat San Jose St...but yet they seemed to do ok vs USC, right?

You have no support. You're just salty...take the L and move on.

i have much more support than you did. you brought no stats, nothing you brought conjecture, on top of missing the entire point of the metaphor i posted.

no point in arguing when you have yet to bring anything to the table other than michigan is the best team ever because alabama beat them.

Denard is horrible, in fact he's one of the worst starting QBs of any BCS conference team. this is proven. you can argue against it but the stats are there and you will lose because again the stats are there.

i never said he was a bad player, i said he's an abomination of a QB, which he is. stats prove it. you say alabama had a better schedule, then prove yourself wrong by writing their collective records :laughing:

then you say well stanford is 3-0....... oh really they are also #9 in the nation, were #21 before the USC game, and have an elite college defense.

arkansas, well they lost to UL monroe the week before. obviously a fantastic team. Western kentucky lol next team

michigan. ok michigan is a solid team? never argued that. but they don't have a QB which i've proven, you can't argue its not debateable, he's horrible. everytime you argue he isn't you lose credibility because anyone who's watched football can tell you that as a passer, it doesn't get worse than denard robinson.

as a runner we can argue he's a good player. but he plays QB not RB, and playing his position hes terrible at it.

again nowhere in any of my posts have i said USC is better than alabama. nowhere. but for some reason you keep arguing trying to justify michigan was a legitimate great win when in reality it was only slightly better than their other 2 wins.

just another victory, nothing the pollsters will take into account come bowl season because come bowl season michigan will be out of the top 25 with about 4 losses.

and your arguments. oh boy

keys on WR? you say well barkley did that. you didn't watch the game or you don't understand the QB position. barkley threw INTs on bad communication and rushed throws because of pressure

not once did he stare down a WR and have it picked off.

no accuracy on short to intermediate routes? fixable. not likely. he's a senior in college. at this point the room for improvement is minimal at best.

below average decision making? he's never even eclipsed a 2-1 TD to INT ratio. its not debatable. he's a bad decision maker. the proof is there. low completion percentage, poor TD-INT ratio, low yards per completion. any other proof needed. moving on

no pocket presence- he has none, keeps his head down when pressure comes, never slides around in the pocket, is most effective from shotgun.

no QB has all of these attributes, well andrew luck did last year, sam bradford did, cam newton did, RG III to some extent did, matt barkley does (kept his head downfield even after getting hit every play)

and its not even that denard is missing 1 or 2 things. he's missing everything but deep arm (which again i attribute to his athleticism hence the comparison that obviously went way over your head) and running speed( which isn't really a QB trait)

everything else he's missing and it is because of that you can expect to see denard as a punt returner/ WR in the NFL
Posted Image

#104 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 03:15 PM

You can't be serious? :facepalm:

What kind of support/statistics did you bring that means anything to our debate? Nothing

You've done nothing but reach, hence your poor attempt at claiming I said Michigan is the best team since we beat them. lol

Obviously, you're just not following college football too well. Michigan was ranked 8th BEFORE we annihilated them, Stanford was ranked 21st BEFORE they tapped that ass...now they're 9th thanks to 'SC being overrated as usual. How many times is that now that Stanford has pwned 'SC? [expletive], ya'll haven't defeated Stanford since 2008.

I guess Alabama will just have to deal with beating DENARD ROBINSON. :rolleyes:

Did you look at those schedules CLOSELY before you hit reply? Stanford...Stanford...Stanford...

But guess what? You LOST to Stanford? You didn't win...you LOST. And now that Stanford has beaten you, they have an "elite" defense according to you; as opposed to a week ago when they allowed nearly 400 yards of offense to Duke and squeezed out a win against San Jose St?

I never claimed Alabama's opponents were anything more than what they were at the time we played them. And concerning USC, all I've said from the very get-go is that they are not deserving of a number one ranking. Certainly not over a team that has won 2 outta the last 3 NCG, has elite recruiting, and elite coaching. 'SC has elite recruiting but they are lacking in the other two areas.

Arkansas plays in the SEC. Now, you tell me what conferences Hawaii and Syracuse play in? I'm sure you know but hey...I'll tell you anyway: Mountain West Conference and Big East. I don't wanna hear any excuses, your defense got gashed by a basketball school.

Yep, UL Monroe had no business winning that game but that's on Arkansas.

So listen, I'm convinced you think the only position this sport has is the QB.

You haven't said or implied that USC is better than Bama? Gee, I wonder where I could have gotten that idea from then. My team is the number one team in the country, your team just lost, and yet here we are debating.

When did I say Michigan was a "great" win? Leave the fillers outta your posts. They were a top ten team at the time we played team, we beat them, they were on our schedule, we did our job.

Guess what the pollsters are gonna take into account? SOS and overall record. If USC is ahead of Alabama when it matters, then get back at me but that time is not now nor has it been for quite some time.

Nothing wrong with my arguments at all. Your argument was doomed from the start because you're trying to make USC out to be something they're not; while attempting to diminish Alabama's SOS because of your perception of Denard Robinson and where or where not Michigan should or should not have been ranked.

Ah yes, INTs are always someone's elses fault. Denard Wolverines huh? I'm not gonna sit here and try to destroy a starting QB in a major conference coming off a major BCS Bowl victory. He doesn't get recognition for his passing abilities sure but I never claimed he was a prototypical QB either. They seemed to do just fine last year, huh?

Having a "deep arm" has nothing to do with athleticism; if that was the case, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, hell even Jamarcus Russell would be considered elite athletes but they're not.

Your post is nothing but long-winded Denard Robinson critique.

Edited by Windu, September 16, 2012 - 03:17 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#105 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 04:09 PM

What we learned in the SEC: Week 3

1. Alabama is the class of college football: Nobody has forgotten about LSU. The Tigers’ time will come. But for now, the college football throne belongs to Alabama, which destroyed Arkansas 52-0 on Saturday. The Crimson Tide aren’t perfect. They’re just as close as it gets in the college ranks. Four of their five starting offensive linemen will be high NFL draft picks. AJ McCarron is easily the most talented quarterback Nick Saban has had at Alabama, and even though most of the faces are new on defense, this is still the same grind-your-nose-into-the-ground unit that Alabama has put on the field each of the past few seasons. The Crimson Tide are even drilling 51-yard field goals now. There’s a lot of football left to be played this season, but it’s going to take somebody’s best effort (and then some) to take down the Tide. The team best equipped to play that kind of game is sitting right there in the Western Division. Could it be that we see two rounds of Alabama versus LSU again this season? The rest of the country might want to brace itself.

What we learned in the Pac-12: Week 3

Barkley's, USC's coronation was premature: There is no certainty in college football, particularly when you're questionable on the line of scrimmage. That's what USC quarterback Matt Barkley found out. His offensive line couldn't block Stanford's defensive front seven, which sacked him four times and harassed him constantly. Barkley, even with elite receivers Robert Woods and Marqise Lee, completed only 20 of 41 passes with two interceptions in a 21-14 loss. Sure, losing center Khaled Holmes to an ankle injury was a major blow -- the Cardinal exploited his replacement, Cyrus Hobbi -- but the Cardinal's domination up front wasn't about one spot. And that domination was on both sides of the line. The Cardinal, with a first-year starting quarterback, outgained the Trojans 417 yards to 280. Barkley's Heisman Trophy hopes took a major blow, as did the Trojans' hopes for a national title, that bit of unfinished business that brought Barkley back for his senior year.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#106 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 07:32 PM

You can't be serious? :facepalm:

What kind of support/statistics did you bring that means anything to our debate? Nothing

You've done nothing but reach, hence your poor attempt at claiming I said Michigan is the best team since we beat them. lol

Obviously, you're just not following college football too well. Michigan was ranked 8th BEFORE we annihilated them, Stanford was ranked 21st BEFORE they tapped that ass...now they're 9th thanks to 'SC being overrated as usual. How many times is that now that Stanford has pwned 'SC? [expletive], ya'll haven't defeated Stanford since 2008.

I guess Alabama will just have to deal with beating DENARD ROBINSON. :rolleyes:

Did you look at those schedules CLOSELY before you hit reply? Stanford...Stanford...Stanford...

But guess what? You LOST to Stanford? You didn't win...you LOST. And now that Stanford has beaten you, they have an "elite" defense according to you; as opposed to a week ago when they allowed nearly 400 yards of offense to Duke and squeezed out a win against San Jose St?

I never claimed Alabama's opponents were anything more than what they were at the time we played them. And concerning USC, all I've said from the very get-go is that they are not deserving of a number one ranking. Certainly not over a team that has won 2 outta the last 3 NCG, has elite recruiting, and elite coaching. 'SC has elite recruiting but they are lacking in the other two areas.

Arkansas plays in the SEC. Now, you tell me what conferences Hawaii and Syracuse play in? I'm sure you know but hey...I'll tell you anyway: Mountain West Conference and Big East. I don't wanna hear any excuses, your defense got gashed by a basketball school.

Yep, UL Monroe had no business winning that game but that's on Arkansas.

So listen, I'm convinced you think the only position this sport has is the QB.

You haven't said or implied that USC is better than Bama? Gee, I wonder where I could have gotten that idea from then. My team is the number one team in the country, your team just lost, and yet here we are debating.

When did I say Michigan was a "great" win? Leave the fillers outta your posts. They were a top ten team at the time we played team, we beat them, they were on our schedule, we did our job.

Guess what the pollsters are gonna take into account? SOS and overall record. If USC is ahead of Alabama when it matters, then get back at me but that time is not now nor has it been for quite some time.

Nothing wrong with my arguments at all. Your argument was doomed from the start because you're trying to make USC out to be something they're not; while attempting to diminish Alabama's SOS because of your perception of Denard Robinson and where or where not Michigan should or should not have been ranked.

Ah yes, INTs are always someone's elses fault. Denard Wolverines huh? I'm not gonna sit here and try to destroy a starting QB in a major conference coming off a major BCS Bowl victory. He doesn't get recognition for his passing abilities sure but I never claimed he was a prototypical QB either. They seemed to do just fine last year, huh?

Having a "deep arm" has nothing to do with athleticism; if that was the case, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, hell even Jamarcus Russell would be considered elite athletes but they're not.

Your post is nothing but long-winded Denard Robinson critique.

your ignoring the stats. he's only thrown above 60% completion once, has never had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio

big ben and joe flacco aren't good athletes? joe flacco ran a 4.84 40 yard dash. nice try with that one. ben rothlisberger ran a 4.75

how much football do you watch exactly. joe flaccos first game in the NFL he ran for a 40 yard run. Ben rothlisbergers biggest attribute is his size and mobility that allow him to make big plays

jamarcus russell ran a 4.83 40 by the way. another really good QB time.

lol i'm sorry for proving you wrong in every aspect but you kept going

you keep throwing the stanford loss in your argument. where have i argued USC won. they lost. obviously. to a really good team. a team that has had an elite defense for 3 years now. but you'll ignore that as well because facts don't mean anything to you.

michigan is still running a defense with the wrong personnel. they currently have 3-3-5 which emphasizes speed over size. those West Virginia defenses were tiny. and so was michigan. its why most people said alabama would win. they would overpower tiny michigan. and thats what happened. brady hoke has only been there 1 year. has yet to get any of the right guys in there. he's making do with what he has right now

but you don't know any of this and thats ok, i enjoy arguing nonetheless

Edited by last stand 2.0, September 16, 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Posted Image

#107 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 09:20 PM

your ignoring the stats. he's only thrown above 60% completion once, has never had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, and has never averaged more than 10 yard per completion

big ben and joe flacco aren't good athletes? joe flacco ran a 4.84 40 yard dash. nice try with that one. ben rothlisberger ran a 4.75

how much football do you watch exactly. joe flaccos first game in the NFL he ran for a 40 yard run. Ben rothlisbergers biggest attribute is his size and mobility that allow him to make big plays

lol i'm sorry for proving you wrong in every aspect but you kept going

you keep throwing the stanford loss in your argument. where have i argued USC won. they lost. obviously. to a really good team. a team that has had an elite defense for 3 years now. but you'll ignore that as well because facts don't mean anything to you.

michigan is still running a defense with the wrong personnel. they currently have 3-3-5 which emphasizes speed over size. those West Virginia defenses were tiny. and so was michigan. its why most people said alabama would win. they would overpower tiny michigan. and thats what happened. brady hoke has only been there 1 year. has yet to get any of the right guys in there. he's making do with what he has right now

but you don't know any of this and thats ok, i enjoy arguing with ignorance, it makes things easier.

your ignoring the stats. he's only thrown above 60% completion once, has never had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, and has never averaged more than 10 yard per completion

Again, ALL you have are two things: Denard Robinson and Stanford. You begin this debate by downplaying Michigan/Denard Robinson and then having the audacity to hype 'SC's win's over Hawaii and Syracuse

:laughing: Let's review shall we?

michigan is horrible

If that's the case (it's not) then what do you make of Hawaii and Syracuse?

michigan is horrible.

michigan would get destroyed by stanford. michigan has no QB, average WRs, and a good RB(who plays QB)

they were rated #8 because people buy into denard robinson. i never have. i think he's probably up there with martinez as the two worst starting QBs for any respectable college football team.

and about syracuse. i'd take nassib over robinson. but i'd take michigans skill positions and defense over syracuse, but if michigan has ryan nassib at QB they wouldn't have gotten killed as bad against alabama. denard robinson is the worst passer i've ever seen

I get it: You hate Michigan lol. Sure, Stanford would be favorites over Michigan if they were to play now but you're using this as a crutch to make yourself feel better about USC losing to them. Yes yes yes...cause of Denard...worst QB in the league...yeh I heard you the first time. About Syracuse? Yes, what is it? Oh Nassib, yeh the Big East Syracuse QB...SOS for sure here. Yeh, let's play the scenario game and see how Alabama would have done if we magically placed Nassib as the QB of the Wolverines. Let's not even mention Nassib won't see a defense like Alabama's for his entire career or let's not even mention that there are other aspects to the game of football...but ok. More Michigan hate coming up...

i will downplay michigan. i'm not saying hawaii or syracuse are good teams.

Then what are they? and what is Michigan? What ARE you saying then?

probably would have thrown a couple picks against alabama but i can guarantee he'd have played much better, stood in the pocket, and delivered the ball 10 times better than denard.

Damn, we're still talking about Nassib? Dude must be a Heisman candidate. I don't know if you've done your research, well yes I do...you HAVEN'T, but Nick Saban and Kirby Smart don't exactly allow opposing QBs to simply "stand in the pocket". I know you've heard it before but just in case you've forgotten: The SEC has speed speed speed on both sides of the football. one dlineman gets tired/injured? no problem, we have a 4/5 star recruit to take his place. More denard blah blah blah

Arkansas was missing their starting QB

Yeh, no [expletive] but Tyler Wilson plays on one side of the ball and one position only. Just lost to UL Monroe yeh yeh; Funny how you're excusing everything about USC though.

michigan was an ok team, nothing special. struggled to beat air force.

Whoa! Michigan has been upgraded. Let's not even talk about Stanford (the team you lost to) squeezing by San Jose St. We'll just keep that our little secret. :shh:

not reaching. i have support to my statements.

:hysterical:

you have yet to bring anything to the table other than michigan is the best team ever because alabama beat them.

You know the debate is not going your way when you have to resort to lies. I expect better from you. Then we have some more Denard rabble rabble blah blah blah. That's all you're talking about: Denard Robinson. Remember when you grasped at another straw when you called Stanford's defense..."elite"? That was funny lol. You say Denard is so horrible but Michigan is a solid team; so that must mean beating Michigan just doesn't mean anything in college football...even though you know they won a BCS Bowl last season; but ok

but for some reason you keep arguing trying to justify michigan was a legitimate great win

nope, never said that. but damn, gotta be better than 'SC's wins and lost, right right right?

just another victory, nothing the pollsters will take into account come bowl season because come bowl season michigan will be out of the top 25 with about 4 losses.

Yep, "just another VICTORY" (as opposed to a LOSS). Pollsters don't care about wins...how ridiculous of me. More Denard rabble rabble

You've gotta be [expletive]tin' me right now? You can't possibly possess basic football knowledge after posting this nonsense. Do you not know that there's a difference between a QB who has the ability to scramble and one who is ATHLETIC? I mean, we all know 40 times automatically means you meet the qualifications of being athletic. *sarcasm* Mike Vick is athletic, Cam Newton is athletic; Ben and Flacco are BIG DUDES that can scramble and extend plays. And did you just really bring up Jamarcus Russell? No try try try try try try try try again DAMN. He's from my hometown; Russell was not athletic. Now you've gone beyond reaching. Didn't Peyton Manning run a 4.8 40 time or close to it? Guess Peyton got those athletic skills. lol

It's amazing; It's like you're saying that us winning our games looks worse than you losing your games. Strange logic but that [expletive] is not gonna fly here.

Stick to basketball because football is not your strength at all as you have nothing substantial to say.

Edited by Windu, September 17, 2012 - 04:51 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#108 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 08:34 AM

Peyton manning is athletic. You need to look up the term athletic

And since wen is running not an indicator of athleticism. You reaching

When did I say nassib should win the heisman? Reaching

Oh San Jose state. You mean the team higher in every statistical category than Michigan except rushing yards? Lol nice try

And I'll say it again

Did you really just try to sell me running doesn't indicate athleticism. Lol

Forget lack of football knowledge, you may lack general biological knowledge. And knowledge of the english language on top of that

Again reaching, putting words in my mouth. Where did I say losing is better than winning in any sense

All ive ever said is USC was tested so far in their schedule. Alabama hasn't been. Simple and true

Never even mentioned winning or losing

But your so desperate to be right that you are putting words in my mouth while disregarding the English language and just a general understanding of athleticism
Posted Image

#109 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Nothing about Denard this time? lol

What are you talking about dude? Are you really sitting here trying to tell me that Peyton Manning is athletic? I've heard it all now.

I saw a chubby dude running at the park the other day; Someone should sign him cause he's athletic.

There's a difference in being a good QB and a good athlete.

But anyway...

When did I say nassib should win the heisman? Reaching

I was obviously being sarcastic. <_<

Oh San Jose state. You mean the team higher in every statistical category than Michigan except rushing yards? Lol nice try

lol. You're digging a deep hole. San Jose St is a FBS school in the WAC that lost 7 games last season, lost damn near every game a season before that (hell, we even decided to get in on the beat down that year). So no, you're not going to be able to win that argument.

Running indicates...that you can run. I ran two days ago...I run 3 or 4 times a week. This is coming from a man that has had cancer, stroke, coma, and a myriad of other health problems but I'm far from athletic.

My bio knowledge is pretty solid if I do say so myself...I can't afford for it not to be.

Why don't you clarify yourself then? Here's your chance. We've won every game on our schedule thus far...USC has not; pretty simple, no?

Naturally, you feel USC was tested (and they were tested) but they failed said test. We've played 3 games and won them all. Now, whether or not you feel Michigan, Arkansas, and Western Kentucky were up to YOUR test standards is irrelevant because those were our scheduled games thus far. If you think every last one of our games were cupcakes (ridiculous but whatever) then what do you call USC's schedule? It's quite possible that USC was overrated and that Alabama is rated right where they're supposed to be. Now, if we slip up that means we're not deserving of our ranking...just like when USC slipped up.

Prove SOMETHING USC before you believe you're the cream of the crop.

Edited by Windu, September 17, 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#110 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 17, 2012 - 09:46 AM

bye bye USC in AP Poll

I'm going to enjoy watching USC take out Oregon in a few weeks.

Your boys can score, but your defense is weak.

#111 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 09:51 AM

Nothing about Denard this time? lol

What are you talking about dude? Are you really sitting here trying to tell me that Peyton Manning is athletic? I've heard it all now.

I saw a chubby dude running at the park the other day; Someone should sign him cause he's athletic.

There's a difference in being a good QB and a good athlete.

But anyway...

I was obviously being sarcastic. <_<

lol. You're digging a deep hole. San Jose St is a FBS school in the WAC that lost 7 games last season, lost damn near every game a season before that (hell, we even decided to get in on the beat down that year). So no, you're not going to be able to win that argument.

Running indicates...that you can run. I ran two days ago...I run 3 or 4 times a week. This is coming from a man that has had cancer, stroke, coma, and a myriad of other health problems but I'm far from athletic.

My bio knowledge is pretty solid if I do say so myself...I can't afford for it not to be.

Why don't you clarify yourself then? Here's your chance. We've won every game on our schedule thus far...USC has not; pretty simple, no?

Naturally, you feel USC was tested (and they were tested) but they failed said test. We've played 3 games and won them all. Now, whether or not you feel Michigan, Arkansas, and Western Kentucky were up to YOUR test standards is irrelevant because those were our scheduled games thus far. If you think every last one of our games were cupcakes (ridiculous but whatever) then what do you call USC's schedule? It's quite possible that USC was overrated and that Alabama is rated right where they're supposed to be. Now, if we slip up that means we're not deserving of our ranking...just like when USC slipped up.

Prove SOMETHING USC before you believe you're the cream of the crop.

Go run a 40 yard dash. When you can run even a 5 flat come back to me. Ignorance at best

Running does indicate athleticism when you can do it at a sub 5 level

Jason Pierre Paul ran a 4.71 barely faster than Ben, flacco, and Russell

But JPP is unathletic right?

Any other points you want me to prove you wrong on.

I didn't mention denard because you have yet to bring anything to the table other than unquantifiable conjecture based around expecting me to believe you've watched any more of him than highlights and the Alabama games the last 2 years

No point on arguing with ignorance
Posted Image

#112 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 02:34 PM

You have NOTHING left to say. Your points have already been refuted and proven as weak.

I'm gonna do one last summary of your ridiculous statements (which you have tried to circumnavigate)

- Remember when you scoffed at Projekt's assertion that USC's defense was the only "bright spot"?

stanford has a young below average QB, and yet they've still given up loads of yardage

- I asked if people are gonna stop overrating 'SC now and you responded by saying

or maybe stanford is good. they are #21. who have Alabama, LSU, or FSU played.

Wait, just a second ago you weren't too high on Stanford but now that they beat your squad...they're hot [expletive]? Mmm hmmm

You claimed that Stanford has a young below average QB. However, when in debate with me, you praise Stanford because you want USC's loss to be as respectable as possible for the sake of your argumentative position. You get into this dialogue with me and all of a sudden Stanford is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I gave Stanford their props...I said they're a good team BUT I followed that up by stating that USC was the number two team in the country and by that very fact...they should have handled Stanford.

- You became bitter and defensive and started crying but but but "Who has Alabama played?" I, in fact, told you who Alabama has played (as if you didn't already know) but more importantly...Alabama has not loss. I told you we've defeated Michigan at a neutral site and we've beaten a SEC team in Arkansas on the road. Well, then thats when you started to go off on poor Denard Robinson forgetting the fact that all USC has managed to do is beat up on Hawaii and Syracuse and lose to what was the #21 team in the country, Stanford. But that doesn't matter to you of course, because hey...USC loss to the POWERHOUSE that is Stanford which in that case makes USC's loss so much more impressive than any of Alabama's WINS.

- I actually remind you of who USC has defeated before the Stanford loss; doesn't matter to you...because you've transformed into Michigan-Rage Mode. And apparently, Michigan-Rage Mode means that SC giving up over 450 yards to Syracuse is excusable because of...Ryan Nassib; Nassib (who is elite now because he trashed USC)

- Michigan-Rage Mode has reduced the football program and Denard Robinson to pop warner level and they're just..."horrible"

- I bring up Hawaii and Syracuse again; you just respond with...Nassib > Robinson

i will downplay michigan.

Yes, you've definitely done that

- For the upteenth time, you ignore my point on Syracuse and Hawaii. Then you start going on some crazy tirade about Randy Moss and Terrell Owens

- According you, you had support for your statements. I never saw it and I never will because it doesn't exist.

- I murdered your entire argument at post 107 on the last page. [expletive] was over; but you tried one last feeble attempt at reviving your argument by calling Peyton Manning...athletic.

I qualify my statements....you don't because you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Windu, September 17, 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#113 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 03:26 PM

you have yet to refute anything. clever job avoiding my JPP reference. nice job there.

yes stanford had a young QB. where have i argued against that. but they also have one of the biggest O-lines and an all time leading rusher in stanford history

i scoffed because i would think a 30 year veteran like monte kiffin would try to take the run away and let a young QB beat them instead of continually letting stanford pound them up the gut. you pulling up that statement proves nothing. only that you know how to use the search feature on TLN

does stanford not have one of their all time leading rushers at RB, do they not have one of the biggest offensive lines in the country. of course i'll scoff. there should have been 8-9 men in the box every play and force a young qb to beat them. kind of like what alabama did to michigan. putting a ton of people in the box forcing denard to throw which he can't

didn't you yourself say football isn't only about the QB

interesting that you'd contradict yourself

not to mention i never called nassib elite, again putting words in my mouth. i said he's a better QB than denard robinson. which he is. playing USC, or LSU i don't care who he's playing nassib is a better QB than denard robinson

you keep acting like I brought in a denard robinson argument out of nowhere. ignoring your part in drawing it out. i said denard robinson was horrible, you said he wasn't, that he's a good QB, i proved you completely wrong, then you tried to sell me that not every QB has everything and that denard has a good arm

i proved you wrong there that good athletes have good arms many more times than not, proving you wrong with randy moss and TO examples that you are either too incapable or just refuse to UNDERSTAND. you clearly do not understand the simplest of points i was making. they can throw 60 yards. i've seen it. 60 yards is very good arm strength. are they QBs? no, and neither will denard robinson in the NFL

then you tried to say big ben, joe flacco, jamarcus russell aren't good athletes. proving your point that athleticism and arm strength don't correlate in any way. only to be proven wrong again. yet of course you ignore it and act like i'm on a tangent when i'm just responding to the points you raise

again you raise the points, i prove you wrong. when alabama gets to the heart of their schedule, something USC already is in, and comes out undefeated (if they do) then good for them, they've earned it

up until now they are no different than FSU, LSU, oregon as teams who have played nobody and are undefeated
Posted Image

#114 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 03:40 PM

You just repeated the same bs. Like I said: You have NOTHING left to say...only regurgitation. Your argument was ripped to shreds yet you keep talking. Oh well

Better coaching, better players, better depth, better results = Alabama > USC

We'll see how long the USC faithful will be able to tolerate Lane Kiffin

Pau Gasol is GONE

#115 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 03:56 PM

You just repeated the same bs. Like I said: You have NOTHING left to say...only regurgitation. Your argument was ripped to shreds yet you keep talking. Oh well

Better coaching, better players, better depth, better results = Alabama > USC

We'll see how long the USC faithful will be able to tolerate Lane Kiffin

lol you have refuted nothing.

since the beginning every post has been you telling me your ripping me to shreds, yet theres never any argument involved. i've provided facts and numbers, what have you provided
Posted Image

#116 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Circumnavigatinggggggggggg

Syracuse and Hawaii bruh

Pau Gasol is GONE

#117 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:02 PM

ya'll went surfing and then ya'll played basketball essentially

Pau Gasol is GONE

#118 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:04 PM

Circumnavigatinggggggggggg

Syracuse and Hawaii bruh

:laughing: feels good to win an argument

i'll be sure to be back here to congratulate or condemn alabama when they actually play some teams
Posted Image

#119 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:08 PM

I don't care about that. I care about my team winning. When you become familiar with that, you'll be able to share in my joy lol

Btw, we'd stomp Stanford

Pau Gasol is GONE

#120 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:24 PM

I don't care about that. I care about my team winning. When you become familiar with that, you'll be able to share in my joy lol

Btw, we'd stomp Stanford

probably

and i think USC would have to, if they would have loaded the box and decided to put barkley in shotgun because the center was clearly incapable of keeping matt barkleys jersey clean
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users