Official NCAA Football 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#81 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Stanford : ) Now I know we'll own USC without question...

just like last season when USC lost to stanford and still beat oregon

weird how that works. oregon has easy pickings defense.
Posted Image

#82 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:38 PM

or maybe stanford is good. they are #21. who have Alabama, LSU, or FSU played.

USC will be back in the national title hunt guaranteed

Stanford is a good team but last time I checked...USC was the number two team in the country. When they were the number one team in the country I said what have they done to earn such a vaunted ranking and now we see why they DIDN'T deserve such a ranking.

Alabama has beaten Michigan (top ten at the time) at a neutral site and we've beaten Arkansas on the road.

'SC beats up on Hawaii (won 6 games last season) and a basketball team that won 5 games last season in Syracuse and you think you're supposed to be the number one team in the country? I don't think so.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#83 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Stanford is a good team but last time I checked...USC was the number two team in the country. When they were the number one team in the country I said what have they done to earn such a vaunted ranking and now we see why they DIDN'T deserve such a ranking.

Alabama has beaten Michigan (top ten at the time) at a neutral site and we've beaten Arkansas on the road.

'SC beats up on Hawaii (won 6 games last season) and a basketball team that won 5 games last season in Syracuse and you think you're supposed to be the number one team in the country? I don't think so.

michigan is horrible. denard robinson wouldn't even be a top 3 QB on USC. i'd rather USC play michigan in michigan than play stanford. stanford has been an elite defensive team for about 3 years now. one of the best in the nation, on top of being one of the best rushing attacks.
Posted Image

#84 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:40 PM

it changed because i think kiffin and co. overreached. they thought this was an easy win. holmes would have made a huge difference just mentally. let alone physically.

bad decision by the coaching staff.

running the ball with 48 seconds left. horrible call. i couldn't believe he made that call. just completed 2 huge passes and you run the ball, stalling all momentum, running the clock.

stupid, stupid, stupid

but it's not over. USC will be back in the title run, but i do think barkleys heisman bid is all but over. heisman winners go start to finish.

I don't understand that play either. It didn't surprise me though. Kiffin has been doing strange [expletive] the first three games. Either he's trolling all of us or he's taking play calling advice from Jeremy Bates.

As for a championship, it's going to be tough. I wasn't convinced USC could beat Oregon twice before this game and certainly haven't changed my mind after tonight.

#85 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:43 PM

just like last season when USC lost to stanford and still beat oregon

weird how that works. oregon has easy pickings defense.

ya wtvr you say hun, Thanks Stanford, Oregon will own USC like 41-20.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#86 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:46 PM

I don't understand that play either. It didn't surprise me though. Kiffin has been doing strange [expletive] the first three games. Either he's trolling all of us or he's taking play calling advice from Jeremy Bates.

As for a championship, it's going to be tough. I wasn't convinced USC could beat Oregon twice before this game and certainly haven't changed my mind after tonight.

may have to play stanford twice. if USC beats oregon there is a chance stanford makes the pac-12 title game. a lot of stuff has to play out.
Posted Image

#87 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:47 PM

michigan is horrible. denard robinson wouldn't even be a top 3 QB on USC. i'd rather USC play michigan in michigan than play stanford. stanford has been an elite defensive team for about 3 years now. one of the best in the nation, on top of being one of the best rushing attacks.

Oh as opposed to 'SC beating up on Hawaii and Syracuse? :rolleyes: Your defense gave up over 450+ yards to Syracuse btw

Michigan is not horrible...we just made them appear to be horrible. They're a 17th ranked 2-1 team.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#88 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks Stanford : ) Now I know we'll own USC without question...

I'm sure Oregon fans were thinking the same thing last year when ASU beat USC by 21. Then USC walked into Eugene and well... you know the rest.

#89 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Oh as opposed to 'SC beating up on Hawaii and Syracuse? :rolleyes: Your defense gave up over 450+ yards to Syracuse btw

Michigan is not horrible...we just made them appear to be horrible. They're a 17th ranked 2-1 team.

michigan is horrible. i never said USC was better than alabama. still USC has played the best team of any top 5 teams.

michigan would get destroyed by stanford. michigan has no QB, average WRs, and a good RB(who plays QB)

they were rated #8 because people buy into denard robinson. i never have. i think he's probably up there with martinez as the two worst starting QBs for any respectable college football team.

and about syracuse. i'd take nassib over robinson. but i'd take michigans skill positions and defense over syracuse, but if michigan has ryan nassib at QB they wouldn't have gotten killed as bad against alabama. denard robinson is the worst passer i've ever seen
Posted Image

#90 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:06 PM

michigan is horrible. i never said USC was better than alabama. still USC has played the best team of any top 5 teams.

michigan would get destroyed by stanford. michigan has no QB, average WRs, and a good RB(who plays QB)

they were rated #8 because people buy into denard robinson. i never have. i think he's probably up there with martinez as the two worst starting QBs for any respectable college football team.

and about syracuse. i'd take nassib over robinson. but i'd take michigans skill positions and defense over syracuse, but if michigan has ryan nassib at QB they wouldn't have gotten killed as bad against alabama. denard robinson is the worst passer i've ever seen

Now you're reaching.

Michigan is better than [expletive]ing Hawaii and Syracuse and thats not even up for discussion.

You're trying to downplay who we've beaten because your team just lost.

To say Michigan doesn't have a QB is crazy. He may not be a prototypical QB but he can play solid football and he has proved that before.

Just because Nassib threw for over 300 against 'SC's "defense" doesn't mean [expletive]. Because he def wouldn't do that against our pass defense

Pau Gasol is GONE

#91 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:18 PM

Now you're reaching.

Michigan is better than [expletive]ing Hawaii and Syracuse and thats not even up for discussion.

You're trying to downplay who we've beaten because your team just lost.

To say Michigan doesn't have a QB is crazy. He may not be a prototypical QB but he can play solid football and he has proved that before.

Just because Nassib threw for over 300 against 'SC's "defense" doesn't mean [expletive]. Because he def wouldn't do that against our pass defense

lol i'm not even coming close to reaching. denard robinson is one of the worst passers in any BCS conference. and its not close. poor accuracy, poor throwing motion, poor field reading, adequate arm strength

i will downplay michigan. i'm not saying hawaii or syracuse are good teams. when you find that in my posts quote it. i have yet to say that. nassib is much better than denard robinson. it's not even close. more accurate, better throwing motion, better arm, better pocket presence.

probably would have thrown a couple picks against alabama but i can guarantee he'd have played much better, stood in the pocket, and delivered the ball 10 times better than denard. i've watched many more syracuse games than you. i can guarantee that. i'd be surprised if you even watched him against USC, and didn't just read the box score

nassib has performed very well against strong competition in the past. he's a good QB, and i guarantee he's more likely to be a backup QB at the NFL level than denard who will be position changed so fast his head will spin.

i'd rather have almost anyone at QB than denard. i'd rather have just about anyone.

in case your wondering he was just as bad throwing the ball against air force the next week after alabama.

nick saban being the great defensive mind he is said lets load the box, press receivers and make denard throw because he can't. bama played 8-9 in the box almost every play.

denard is horrible.

Edited by last stand 2.0, September 15, 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

#92 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:19 PM

we have a couple of bunnies before things get really difficult for us (@ Mizzou, @ Tenn, vs Miss St, @ LSU, vs Texas A&M, vs Auburn) so I'm hoping the team gets better and better cause they're need it. LSU wants revenge BAD

Pau Gasol is GONE

#93 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:23 PM

we have a couple of bunnies before things get really difficult for us (@ Mizzou, @ Tenn, vs Miss St, @ LSU, vs Texas A&M, vs Auburn) so I'm hoping the team gets better and better cause they're need it. LSU wants revenge BAD

alabama will probably walk through mizzou. mizzou is too small to beat alabama. Tenn will be within 2 scores but i think bama still wins.

i think they lose to auburn more likely than LSU. their QB is a statue and really mediocre. their defense is great but IMO they are lacking playmakers.

auburn i think will surprise some people.

i think alabama walks to the national title
Posted Image

#94 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:39 PM

lol i'm not even coming close to reaching. denard robinson is one of the worst passers in any BCS conference. and its not close. poor accuracy, poor throwing motion, poor field reading, adequate arm strength

i will downplay michigan. i'm not saying hawaii or syracuse are good teams. when you find that in my posts quote it. i have yet to say that. nassib is much better than denard robinson. it's not even close. more accurate, better throwing motion, better arm, better pocket presence.

probably would have thrown a couple picks against alabama but i can guarantee he'd have played much better, stood in the pocket, and delivered the ball 10 times better than denard. i've watched many more syracuse games than you. i can guarantee that. i'd be surprised if you even watched him against USC, and didn't just read the box score

nassib has performed very well against strong competition in the past. he's a good QB, and i guarantee he's more likely to be a backup QB at the NFL level than denard who will be position changed so fast his head will spin.

i'd rather have almost anyone at QB than denard. i'd rather have just about anyone.

The only thing you have to go on is that USC played Stanford but you lost that game.

You are very much reaching. Denard has pretty solid touch on the deep ball. How do you expect a Nick Saban defense to react when they know your only option is to throw the ball? [expletive]ing field day.

Again I ask: Who are Hawaii and Syracuse?

Especially compared to Michigan and Arkansas. You can bring up Stanford all you want and how good they are (they looked very solid and almost play SEC type of ball) but USC was still the number two team in the country that allowed 400+ yards against a team who almost lost to San Jose St.

How would I watch Syracuse football? They're rarely televised in the first place.

Until USC fix their defense, they won't be [expletive].

Pau Gasol is GONE

#95 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 08:45 PM

alabama will probably walk through mizzou. mizzou is too small to beat alabama. Tenn will be within 2 scores but i think bama still wins.

i think they lose to auburn more likely than LSU. their QB is a statue and really mediocre. their defense is great but IMO they are lacking playmakers.

auburn i think will surprise some people.

i think alabama walks to the national title

Saban won't allow Bama to overlook anyone.

Lose to Auburn? Only chance Auburn has is that it's a huge rivalry game. Auburn's defense has been anything but great :blink:

going to death valley is going to be tough...very tough

Edited by Windu, September 15, 2012 - 08:46 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#96 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Saban won't allow Bama to overlook anyone.

Lose to Auburn? Only chance Auburn has is that it's a huge rivalry game. Auburn's defense has been anything but great :blink:

going to death valley is going to be tough...very tough

i never said anything about auburns defense being great. i still think auburn will give alabama a scare
Posted Image

#97 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 09:46 PM

The only thing you have to go on is that USC played Stanford but you lost that game.

You are very much reaching. Denard has pretty solid touch on the deep ball. How do you expect a Nick Saban defense to react when they know your only option is to throw the ball? [expletive]ing field day.

Again I ask: Who are Hawaii and Syracuse?

Especially compared to Michigan and Arkansas. You can bring up Stanford all you want and how good they are (they looked very solid and almost play SEC type of ball) but USC was still the number two team in the country that allowed 400+ yards against a team who almost lost to San Jose St.

How would I watch Syracuse football? They're rarely televised in the first place.

Until USC fix their defense, they won't be [expletive].

denard is an athlete. have you ever seen randy moss throw the ball, what about terrell owens. i've seen them both hit 60 yards down the field in person.

that means nothing. denard cannot do anything a QB is supposed to do. he keys on one receiver, he has no accuracy on short to intermediate throws, below average decision making, no pocket presence

you have no proof otherwise. he's only cracked 60% completion one season and that was 2 years ago. he's at 49% right now. he's an embarrassment to the position. you're not gonna win this argument. there is no proof that he is a good QB. in fact all the proof is to the contrary.

arkansas was missing their starting QB, and just lost to the university of Louisiana monroe

michigan was an ok team, nothing special. struggled to beat air force.

not reaching. i have support to my statements.

i do watch syracuse football being on the east coast, i have a channel where i can watch UCONN and syracuse football whenever its on. and i can honestly say i'd take nassib over robinson 10 times out of 10 without hesitation.
Posted Image

#98 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 05:32 AM

denard is an athlete. have you ever seen randy moss throw the ball, what about terrell owens. i've seen them both hit 60 yards down the field in person.

that means nothing. denard cannot do anything a QB is supposed to do. he keys on one receiver, he has no accuracy on short to intermediate throws, below average decision making, no pocket presence

you have no proof otherwise. he's only cracked 60% completion one season and that was 2 years ago. he's at 49% right now. he's an embarrassment to the position. you're not gonna win this argument. there is no proof that he is a good QB. in fact all the proof is to the contrary.

arkansas was missing their starting QB, and just lost to the university of Louisiana monroe

michigan was an ok team, nothing special. struggled to beat air force.

not reaching. i have support to my statements.

i do watch syracuse football being on the east coast, i have a channel where i can watch UCONN and syracuse football whenever its on. and i can honestly say i'd take nassib over robinson 10 times out of 10 without hesitation.

What do Randy Moss and Terrell Owens have to do with Denard Robinson? There is no relation...again, you're reaching.

Randy Moss and TO are HOF caliber 6'4/6'3 NFL WRs that have made a living running routes, catching passes from HOF QBs, and have played the position of WR for virtually their entire football careers.

Denard is an athlete playing QB, Michigan recruited Denard recruited as a QB, and the position Denard is now playing is starting QB in a major conference for a major team

You've seen TO and Randy Moss throw the ball 60 yards down the field during a game against top tier (NFL Talent level) corners and safeties? Guess that means something; I must have missed that. :search:

He keys in on one receiver? Ok, that means he makes QB mistakes (kinda like Matt Barkley last night)

No accuracy on short/intermediate routes? fixable

Below average decision-making? debatable but again he's a college QB

No pocket presence? he obviously has some presence otherwise he wouldn't be a starting QB.

No collegiate QB has these attributes all the time. Hell, a lot of NFL QBs don't even have these things.

Look, no one is saying Robinson is some kind of transcending QB because he's not but you're trying way too hard to downplay his significance as a player in an effort to diminish Alabama's wins. All the while, ignoring the fact that USC was the 2nd ranked team in the country yet lost to Stanford and beat up on Hawaii and Syracuse.

There's more to the game of football than position of QB...USC is apparently just now finding that out. ;)

Yes, Arkansas was without Tyler Wilson but Wilson doesn't play DL, DT, LB, CB, SS, or FS. They lost 52-0...at home. WITH Tyler Wilson, they still would have been destroyed.

Again, don't talk to me about the schedule when your team just beat up on Hawaii/Syracuse then proceeds to get the ball ran down your throats against the first solid team on your schedule.

Stanford struggled to beat San Jose St...but yet they seemed to do ok vs USC, right?

You have no support. You're just salty...take the L and move on.

Edited by Windu, September 16, 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#99 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 08:37 AM

I have a lot of respect for Bama's program and they are the clear #1 but I still think think they are in the danger zone once they face a challenge (which won't come till later in the season.

The win over Michigan was impressive but week 1 games like that are so hit and miss because there are a lot of things that are being seen for the first time. Plus Michigan is vastly overrated thanks to Robinson. I really compare that win to the likes of UCLA over Nebraska, another overrated squad.

They beat Western Kentucky and an Arkansas team, without it's QB and a team that lost to Louisiana Monroe. Next week they have Florida Atlantic so chances are you'll be undefeated after next week lol.

Bama's winning, that's the only thing that matters. But you still won't see how good they actually are until they face a good team.

But again until they lose, they are the reigning champions and #1 right now. We can all sit here and argue who they've played and how they've won, but in sports winning is what counts.

#100 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 08:57 AM

I have a lot of respect for Bama's program and they are the clear #1 but I still think think they are in the danger zone once they face a challenge (which won't come till later in the season.

The win over Michigan was impressive but week 1 games like that are so hit and miss because there are a lot of things that are being seen for the first time. Plus Michigan is vastly overrated thanks to Robinson. I really compare that win to the likes of UCLA over Nebraska, another overrated squad.

They beat Western Kentucky and an Arkansas team, without it's QB and a team that lost to Louisiana Monroe. Next week they have Florida Atlantic so chances are you'll be undefeated after next week lol.

Bama's winning, that's the only thing that matters. But you still won't see how good they actually are until they face a good team.

But again until they lose, they are the reigning champions and #1 right now. We can all sit here and argue who they've played and how they've won, but in sports winning is what counts.

Nebraska aint overrated. That ucla team had a lot of speed though, thats what killed us, along with the missed tackles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users