#1 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 19, 2012 - 11:56 PM

He was the better overall player than Kobe or Jordan. For guys that don't think rings matter, this is the perfect case.

I think he had the best post up game out of all three because he mastered the hook shot and could play Center. He was the better team player, and he made everyone around him great. Had it not been for Magic, Worthy wouldn't be in the hall of fame.

He was the greatest passer in the game.

Out of all three I would say he had the greatest skill in the game out of both Jordan and Kobe.

Magic gets overlooked for GOAT conversations and it pains me at times.

He deserves to be up there with Kobe and Jordan. Magic was the best of his era, Jordan was the best of his era, and Kobe was the best of his era. There is no reason why Magic shouldn't be in the GOAT conversation, especailly considering he had to go against an incredibly stacked Celtics team during his time.

Even the greatest of Point guards of this era don't come close to Magic. The reason why is he's the best PG of all time, and arguably the greatest player of all time.

I think it could be reasonably fair to argue the greatest from 1 to 3:

1. Magic
2. Kobe
3. Jordan

#2 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 20, 2012 - 12:11 AM

In terms of skill set, Magic is superior to both, i can agree with that. But so George Best was superior to Maradona yet he is overlooked. It is not just about skills or rings/achievements, it is also about marketing value. Jordan was "the precious" to Nba, his athleticism was unmatched and he was the one to provide constant higlights in a time technology started allowing worlwide fans to watch this sport. Nba was in love with Jordan so they made the world fell in love with him. İ am not saying he is not the greatest, its just people refuses to argue about this because of a Nba policy. Kobe's case is the exact opposite, everybody in the Nba hates him but us Lakers' fans. What i am trying to say is GOAT conversations are not solely about skillset. Lebron is nothing near to these three in terms of skill set but you can not deny he impacts the game more with his freakish body.

Edited by nikolatesla, August 20, 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 20, 2012 - 12:14 AM

Kareem deserves to be in GOAT conversation with MJ before Magic.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,729 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 20, 2012 - 01:03 AM

Stop posting GOAT threads

#5 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• 620 posts
  • Name:IllWill
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Nick the Quick

Posted August 20, 2012 - 04:06 AM

there is no goat just players that dominated during there era so yea there was magic then mj then kobe n now lebron

#6 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted August 20, 2012 - 04:57 AM

Stop posting GOAT threads

This to the 10th power.

#7 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted August 20, 2012 - 05:38 AM

AI is goat
Posted Image

#8 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 20, 2012 - 07:49 AM

Kareem and Magic both belong in the conversation along with Jordan, Wilt, Bird, Kobe, LBJ, Russell, etc.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#9 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted August 20, 2012 - 07:54 AM

Kareem and Magic both belong in the conversation along with Jordan, Wilt, Bird, Kobe, LBJ, Russell, etc.

LeBron doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation. Neither does Bird or Russell.
htCCl0m.png

#10 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 20, 2012 - 08:00 AM

LeBron doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation. Neither does Bird or Russell.

:blink:

#11 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 08:10 AM

:blink:

What? He doesn't. He's only won one championship. Russell had alot of titles, but played in a weak era. No way he would've won that many titles in this era. Bird was great, but was he on the level of Kobe, MJ, Magic, and KAJ? Absolutely not.
htCCl0m.png

#12 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,470 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 20, 2012 - 08:38 AM

What? He doesn't. He's only won one championship. Russell had alot of titles, but played in a weak era. No way he would've won that many titles in this era. Bird was great, but was he on the level of Kobe, MJ, Magic, and KAJ? Absolutely not.

:laughing: :laughing: Yes he is......

#13 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,925 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 20, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Since when wasn't Magic in the conversation?

Maybe for the younger fans, but to most Magic was always included in this. Weird.

#14 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 08:42 AM

What? He doesn't. He's only won one championship. Russell had alot of titles, but played in a weak era.

The same could be said about MJ playing in a watered down expansion era, SMH.

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,925 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 20, 2012 - 08:55 AM

Texas Laker Fan: If you were around when Bird was playing you wouldn't be saying that. Most everyone here only saw Bird play on video (same with Magic). As you know with today's stars, seeing them play as their career unfolds and live gives you a different appreciation for the player.

To say Bird doesn't belong with those guys is simply foolish. Bird is easily among the greatest players to ever walk onto an NBA court.

The best way to go about the endless "Greatest" debate is to just have the greatest at every position. Every position in every era has their own advantages and disadvantages. And they all play a different game. Centers don't play the same as a PG, it's wholly unfair to group them together.

#16 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 09:36 AM

Texas Laker Fan: If you were around when Bird was playing you wouldn't be saying that. Most everyone here only saw Bird play on video (same with Magic). As you know with today's stars, seeing them play as their career unfolds and live gives you a different appreciation for the player.

To say Bird doesn't belong with those guys is simply foolish. Bird is easily among the greatest players to ever walk onto an NBA court.

The best way to go about the endless "Greatest" debate is to just have the greatest at every position. Every position in every era has their own advantages and disadvantages. And they all play a different game. Centers don't play the same as a PG, it's wholly unfair to group them together.

I keep hearing this same old silly argument that you can't have an opinion if you're young and that's just stupid. I've watched and downloaded plenty of old games. I've watched aton of Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Kareem, and so on and so on. Bird again as I said was a great, great player, but he was not as good as Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Magic, or Kareem.
htCCl0m.png

#17 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 20, 2012 - 09:38 AM

GOAT PG: Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson

GOAT SG: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant

GOAT SF: Larry Bird, Julius Erving, Elgin Baylor, Lebron James, Scottie Pippen

GOAT PF: Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley

GOAT C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaq, Bill Russell

Pau Gasol is GONE

#18 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:33 AM

I keep hearing this same old silly argument that you can't have an opinion if you're young and that's just stupid. I've watched and downloaded plenty of old games. I've watched aton of Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Kareem, and so on and so on. Bird again as I said was a great, great player, but he was not as good as Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Magic, or Kareem.

You are being biased then, nobody is too young to be biased.

#19 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:38 AM

In terms of skill set, Magic is superior to both, i can agree with that. But so George Best was superior to Maradona yet he is overlooked. It is not just about skills or rings/achievements, it is also about marketing value. Jordan was "the precious" to Nba, his athleticism was unmatched and he was the one to provide constant higlights in a time technology started allowing worlwide fans to watch this sport. Nba was in love with Jordan so they made the world fell in love with him. İ am not saying he is not the greatest, its just people refuses to argue about this because of a Nba policy. Kobe's case is the exact opposite, everybody in the Nba hates him but us Lakers' fans. What i am trying to say is GOAT conversations are not solely about skillset. Lebron is nothing near to these three in terms of skill set but you can not deny he impacts the game more with his freakish body.

everybody in the nba hates kobe? i havent really seen any hate(aside from some mvp balloting, shaq didnt help though) from the nba on kobe, its from fans of other teams that probably arent old enough to have seen mj play other than classic games. then again kobe leads the nba in jersey sales worldwide.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#20 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:39 AM

This to the 10th power.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users