Photo

In which game will Kobe reach the 30,000 points milestone?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: In which game will Kobe reach the 30,000 points milestone? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

In which game Kobe will reach 30,000 points

1. Game 16 - vs. Denver Nuggets (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Game 17 - vs. Orlando Magic (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Game 18 - @ Houston Rockets (1 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

4. Game 19 - @ New Orleans Hornets (5 votes [23.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

5. Game 20 - @ Oklahoma City Thunder (10 votes [47.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

6. Game 21 - vs. Utah Jazz (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, 22.

Kobe's average will go down this year. There's more weapons all around him, he doesn't need to score 26 - 30 a game. In fact, I don't want to see him play that much to get those points. Almost 30 points?! If Kobe is averaging that much, something is broken. Kobe hasn't had this much talent around him since he was a kid. A 22 or so point average allows everyone around him to get theirs and the team still wins at a crazy clip.

Ivanfield: He also had to carry the scoring load for the team for the first 5 without Bynum and until Pau got his head back in the game. He won't have to do that this year. I know supposedly Dwight is out when the season starts, but I'll believe that when I see it. With Nash alone, Kobe's game changes completely. Luckily for us fans, the team and himself, he doesn't have to shoulder that much of the scoring burden any more.

Sticking with somewhere around game 26 or 27.

I don't think I agree with you regarding him having to score less, IMHO.

I think he will maybe take less or around the same amount of shots as last season, but his FG% should go up with his new team. If anything, his team will make it easier for him to score, rather than always being double-triple teamed.

Look at OKC... They have a solid team as well. Durant's scoring didn't take away from Westbrook's or Harden's, etc...

#22 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,981 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 20, 2012 - 11:00 AM

Harden is off the bench and that's only two guys, not 4 guys who all can score in bunches, plus bench guys.

This team has so many weapons, its unbelievable. I don't want Kobe scoring that much at all. The less he scores, the more energy he has for the entire season and playoffs. You can see it both ways,m that the other guys will make it easy, but you can also see that Kobe can finally trust other players and dish out assists much, much more. I'll bet Kobe has more triple doubles this year than he has in any other year of his career.

#23 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 04:11 AM

26.4 ppg through first 8 games. It looks like he'll reach 30k against NOH or OKC.

But what a good start for the mamba. I expected him to be more efficient but this efficient?!

.551 FG% .441 3p% .920 FT%

These are Steve Nash numbers :laughing:

Edited by Ivanfield, November 14, 2012 - 04:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users