• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#61 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,518 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 16, 2012 - 05:53 AM

Feel so bad for pau. He will forever be on the trade block. :laughing: :laughing: His only safe time is the small period after the trade deadline and the end of the season.

#62 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 07:24 AM

The Lakers will NOT make a major move like this without consulting BOTH Kobe and DWIGHT. At this point, Dwight's opinion carries slightly more weight than Kobe's. If Kobe thinks it will keep Dwight happy, he will sign off on it.

That said, if Dwight pushes for this, he will have a LOT more pressure on him offensively. The defensive upgrade matches the offensive downgrade...but with Nash onboard, is this as significant?

I'm torn.

If you want your best chance to win now, Pau.
If you want a chance to keep Dwight happy and another guy to build around in the future, Smith.

Doesn't matter what we think.

Lol! People act like the Lakers ask players to sign off on their deals and free agent signings. The truth is the Lakers will do what's best for the team and for the future of the organization.

Kobe did a good job keeping Fisher in LA. ;) Why do you think Kobe was upset two seasons ago with management because he was not told about their plans? Jim had lunch with Kobe earlier in the summer and told him what the Lakers were planning on doing this summer.

Dwight will never have more power and say in anything over Kobe. Kobe is the face of the franchise and he will make the Buss family more money than Dwight. Why do you think Dwight did not want to be a Laker last season? He knew the Lakers will always be Kobe's team as long as he is still playing on the team and he will be the face of the franchise.

#63 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Ok Nostradamus.

If the Lakers win the championship next season which they should barring injury it's highly unlikely they trade Pau.

Let's not acknowledge the fact that Pau has been on the trade block for the past two seasons. :rolleyes:

You have to understand how business works... Pau is only get older, past his prime, makes way too much money for a 3rd or 4th option, and is a big expiring contract after next season.

Are you saying the Lakers will keep Pau and give him a contract extension when their is a chance to trade him for young talent and less expensive players? :laughing:

#64 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 16, 2012 - 08:00 AM

The Lakers do consult key players on personnel moves. Usually, it's no more than one, maybe two players total that have earned that privilege. Kupchak has stated publicly that Kobe is consulted on decisions, just as he was on the decision to bring back Phil Jackson.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#65 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,094 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 08:03 AM

I love how they want to stir the [expletive]. It is DONE. Finito. Mitch said it himself. Kobe gave full support.

#66 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,356 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Offensively... This would make us slightly worse just because Smith's game is limited. We'd still be one of the top offensive teams though.

Defensively... This would make us absolutely incredible. Guards driving the lane would not be an issue anymore.

I think Gasol would thrive with Nash at the helm but the big question is does the Lakers front office want to pay that much money to a fourth option?

#67 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 08:45 AM

The Lakers do consult key players on personnel moves. Usually, it's no more than one, maybe two players total that have earned that privilege. Kupchak has stated publicly that Kobe is consulted on decisions, just as he was on the decision to bring back Phil Jackson.

Kobe is asked what he thinks about certain moves and decisions, but has no say when it comes down to making final decisions. Kobe was asked if he was okay with Phil coming back to the Lakers... Kobe did not tell management to hire Rudy T and bring back Phil.

Where was Kobe when the Lakers were looking for a head coach last summer? Did he have any input in that decision? :whistle:

Edited by Niss, August 16, 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#68 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 08:48 AM

Offensively... This would make us slightly worse just because Smith's game is limited. We'd still be one of the top offensive teams though.

Defensively... This would make us absolutely incredible. Guards driving the lane would not be an issue anymore.

I think Gasol would thrive with Nash at the helm but the big question is does the Lakers front office want to pay that much money to a fourth option?

They won't pay that much for Gasol. Gasol would have to take a 50% paycut in his next contract if he wants a chance to stay in LA for a couple of more years.

The Lakers are praying that Pau plays like he did this summer next season and his trade value dramatically increase compare to the last two seasons.

#69 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,356 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 09:08 AM

They won't pay that much for Gasol. Gasol would have to take a 50% paycut in his next contract if he wants a chance to stay in LA for a couple of more years.

The Lakers are praying that Pau plays like he did this summer next season and his trade value dramatically increase compare to the last two seasons.

At the current moment, 19 million for a fourth option for the next two seasons is a lot.

That's why I wonder if they pull a trigger on a deal like this if it's offered.

• 40,377 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 09:57 AM

The Lakers will NOT make a major move like this without consulting BOTH Kobe and DWIGHT. At this point, Dwight's opinion carries slightly more weight than Kobe's. If Kobe thinks it will keep Dwight happy, he will sign off on it.

That said, if Dwight pushes for this, he will have a LOT more pressure on him offensively. The defensive upgrade matches the offensive downgrade...but with Nash onboard, is this as significant?

I'm torn.

If you want your best chance to win now, Pau.
If you want a chance to keep Dwight happy and another guy to build around in the future, Smith.

Doesn't matter what we think.

:clap2:

yo.

#71 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,337 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:08 AM

We shouldn't trade Pau for Josh Smith, not now that we have Dwight.

Pau and Dwight will work very well together and we will have an all-star center playing every game for 48 mins.

#72 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:12 AM

Kobe is asked what he thinks about certain moves and decisions, but has no say when it comes down to making final decisions. Kobe was asked if he was okay with Phil coming back to the Lakers... Kobe did not tell management to hire Rudy T and bring back Phil.

Where was Kobe when the Lakers were looking for a head coach last summer? Did he have any input in that decision? :whistle:

You make my point. The FO ended up expressing regret that Kobe was not consulted.

All you are really saying is that he doesn't make the final decision. No doubt. That should be obvious to everyone. But, he is consulted. Management has stated this, he has communicated this, and management expressed some regret over the M. Brown decision.

Whistle away, sweetie.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#73 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:22 AM

I can honestly see a K-Love for Pau swap next summer.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#74 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,356 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:42 AM

Having the two best rebounders in the league would be simply unfair. Lol

#75 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,041 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:55 AM

I see that too! Mitch can do anything when it comes to trading for a star player. :rock:

@West Coast I know :laughing:

Love will grab all the offensive rebounds while Howard will grab all the defensive rebounds :whistle:

Edited by KarlCalaguas12, August 16, 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#76 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted August 16, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Like others have said, it's just speculation based on a report that came out before the Hawks started unloading contracts. Because of that, I doubt the Hawks go that direction now. I've thought a 3 way trade with Minnesota getting Pau made the most sense for awhile now. They're the only team that has consistently been in rumors, so I think there's real interest there. I doubt the Lakers get somebody like Kevin Love for Pau though.

If Dwight is going to miss time, I think it makes sense to hang onto Pau at least for right now. The Lakers will need both Pau and Hill to take up the minutes at C without Dwight in the line-up.

Edited by Japago, August 16, 2012 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

#77 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 16, 2012 - 02:22 PM

The Wolves would do that...why?

• 40,377 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 02:29 PM

^ Rubio or else he leaves. :D

yo.

#79 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,014 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 16, 2012 - 02:39 PM

Kobe already started recruiting K-Love during the Olympics

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#80 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted August 16, 2012 - 03:48 PM

The Wolves would do that...why?

I'm not quite sure. Maybe he's drinking some of Hennigan's juice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users