#221 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,061 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 20, 2013 - 03:40 AM

Defensively more savvy and also more experience in an important role. Clark has amazing potential and a high ceiling and I'd love for him to discover it here. He can lbe.a 17 amnd 10 guy that can guard 4 positions and stretch the floor while being a good passer. And a lineup of Nash/Kobe/Clark/Hill/Howard is scary. And means Metta could come off the bench again. But at the same time Clark does still have his green moments but could really find himself here. I'm fine with keeping Clark if we didn't get Smith.

He's still green andf it shows, but if there's one "youthful" project the Lakers should keep its Clark. Forget Ebanks and send Morris to the dleague.

That position isn't as blaring a problem as our backup 3. That's why a Webster would come in handy.

But still if you have the chance to get Smith without losing someone vital you do it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#222 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:13 AM

@Chad

You are talking as if Josh Smith is doing an epic job over in Hawks. He shoots 46 percent from the field and take awful amount of 3s for a guy who doesn't have much range. He is not exactly a 10+ rebounder. He's at same weight, an inch smaller than Clark. Possibly more explosive. He is not a 20+ ppg player. Never been. It's not like Earl Clark is averaging 10 a night because it's his ceiling. It's because of the pecking order. And if Josh Smith comes here, within the D'Antoni system he'll have to obey that or don't obey and be inefficient like MWP, and actually hurt the team.

So what does he have over Earl Clark? Why should we play him over Clark and also pay him MAX ? Does it make sense?

#223 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,458 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 20, 2013 - 12:12 PM

I think he's doing a pretty good job over there with Hawks, 29-22. Clark shoots the same percent from the field, Clark doesn't have much range either its his weakest skill. Clark is not a 10+ rebounder either, yet Smith averages more rebounds than Pau and Clark. Clark is damn sure not more explosive than Smith. Clark is not a 20+ ppg player either never been, yet Smith is averaging more than Pau and Clark, plus he doesn't have to average that many points on this team. Even though I don't want to run the DA System he fits perfectly in it anyway. Smith is way better shot blocker, way better defender than Clark. Has a better Inside-out game. More experience, more aggressive, Better IQ, and an caliber all star, and he effects the game better than Clark does. Smith still has something to prove to everybody that he is an all star.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 20, 2013 - 12:21 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#224 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,039 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2013 - 12:31 PM

Defensively more savvy and also more experience in an important role. Clark has amazing potential and a high ceiling and I'd love for him to discover it here. He can lbe.a 17 amnd 10 guy that can guard 4 positions and stretch the floor while being a good passer. And a lineup of Nash/Kobe/Clark/Hill/Howard is scary. And means Metta could come off the bench again. But at the same time Clark does still have his green moments but could really find himself here. I'm fine with keeping Clark if we didn't get Smith.

He's still green andf it shows, but if there's one "youthful" project the Lakers should keep its Clark. Forget Ebanks and send Morris to the dleague.

That position isn't as blaring a problem as our backup 3. That's why a Webster would come in handy.

But still if you have the chance to get Smith without losing someone vital you do it.

Clark will never be a 17 and 10 guy who can guard 4 positions. There aren't even that many players in the NBA that can do that now, and even less than can guard 4 positions, if any. At best, I see him at like 12/8 who can play the 3 and 4 and occasionally the 5 if we want to go extra extra small. His strength is going to be a hustle player and stretch 4 who gets easy buckets from cuts and open shots due to the defensive attention the other stars on the team draw. Kind of like a Trevor Ariza type guy (as a Laker in 2009) with less foot speed but more size.

#225 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 20, 2013 - 12:31 PM

I don't see a trade this year. The Lakers that you see now are the Lakers that you will have into the summer. Who do we have with actual value?

Pao? The guy is $18mm and not worth it. He's really a $12mm kinda guy, so unless we want to pay a third of his salary, which counts against the salary cap, that trade makes no sense.

MWP is likewise overpaid.

So the trade bait is Duhon and Eubanks. Can anyone say we would get something that would impact the team with these guys?

I think not.

#226 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,334 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:04 PM

@Chad

You are talking as if Josh Smith is doing an epic job over in Hawks. He shoots 46 percent from the field and take awful amount of 3s for a guy who doesn't have much range. He is not exactly a 10+ rebounder. He's at same weight, an inch smaller than Clark. Possibly more explosive. He is not a 20+ ppg player. Never been. It's not like Earl Clark is averaging 10 a night because it's his ceiling. It's because of the pecking order. And if Josh Smith comes here, within the D'Antoni system he'll have to obey that or don't obey and be inefficient like MWP, and actually hurt the team.

So what does he have over Earl Clark? Why should we play him over Clark and also pay him MAX ? Does it make sense?

Very good point. Hope earl isn't reading this he may think he's a max player too.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#227 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:40 PM

@Chad

Josh Smith's last five games: 21.4 ppg, 10 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.6 bpg, 0.8 spg, 54.4 fg pct, 64.7 3-pt pct

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#228 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:55 PM

^ and the point you are trying to make .... ?

#229 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:06 PM

"...20+ ppg player, never been." If he can put up 20 ppg and 10 rebounds in his last 5 games, i'm pretty sure he can put up 20 ppg on a given night more frequently than most players.. Don't give me that "first option" bull[expletive]. He will still get you around 10 rebounds and 15+ pts. There aren't a lot of players that will give you 20 points every game anyway.. He won't give 20 pts every game. He's a player that can play exceptional defense and score enough points for us. I rather have Pau because he offers more except defense.. But stop disrespecting a player that gives 16/10 for his career to someone like Earl Clark who just got his chance and will get lucky to hit 20 pts in a game on a given night.

#230 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:17 PM

He is a career 15.2 - 8.0 guy shooting 46 percent from the field. How am I disrespecting him? He is who he is. It is true that he was once known for his defensive prowess, but there isn't much that he brings to team defense. And his offense? Hawks fans hate him for the ill-taken shots. Don't even go there. He ain't gonna average 17+ in Lakers. I doubt he even sees 20s in half of the games.

Clark, as a starter, is averaging 11.1 ppg - 8.4 rpg shooting 46 percent from the field and 40 percent from 3s. He is not a guy that disrupts your offense. He hustles all the time. He doesn't raise expectations but still gets the job done. Look at his stats in the key matchups this season.

If I'm given an option to choose one of them, I pick Earl Clark any day of the week.

#231 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:23 PM

You'd be a horrible GM to take Earl Clark over Josh Smith lmfao. He takes bad shots cause he has too in the Hawks. He won't do that here. If anything he could score more efficiently and more points since he won't be first option and will get easier looks from Dwight, Nash, and Kobe. He can still play better defense on people like Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, David Lee compared Earl Clark or Pau Gasol. Josh Smith is capable of doing what Earl Clark is doing and much more... (hustle, defense, rebound, score). And to have both on the same team would be amazing especially if we also had Hill back..

Just Stop.

Edited by Ham, February 20, 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#232 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:24 PM

Guess in hindsight, Lakers should've pulled the trigger back then

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#233 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:27 PM

@Ham

You'd be horrible GM to pay Josh Smith MAX. when we have Earl Clark. That would be on Knicks - Isiah Thomas level.

#234 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:28 PM

...you act like any not desperate team would offer josh smith max anyway. just cause he wants to be a max player doesn't mean he will ever get it. The max he gets is DeAndre Jordan/Javale Mcgee type of contract.

Edited by Ham, February 20, 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#235 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,061 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:29 PM

They believed in Gasol past his expiration date, like many other fans.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#236 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:37 AM

Earl Clark. Boss.

#237 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,484 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:50 AM

This isn't a Clark vs Smith thing anyways, and nobody here is saying pay Smith the Max either.

Pau is the one that would be shipped out.

Edited by Chad, February 21, 2013 - 01:53 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#238 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 04:18 AM

doesn't matter. Josh Smith doesn't deserve the contract he demands. 10 mil a year? I'd be ok with that.

#239 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:06 AM

I think the Lakers should make a run at J-Smoove. He's not a max, but he is one of the pieces that Dwight would like to play with and he is an extremly good defender.

Pau Gasol and Earl Clark for Josh Smith and a Kyle Korver....

#240 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,484 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:11 AM

The Rockets are involved at a "high level" in talks for Smith, a league source tells Ken Berger of CBSSports.com (Twitter link).

But Houston has leverage: cap room this summer to land Smith as a free agent. Limits the assets they are willing to part with now.

Teams pursuing Josh Smith deal believe Atlanta is still searching for a trade scenario that ships him to the Western Conference.

Houston is still lingering in Josh Smith talks, but Atlanta's desire for Asik and Parsons is a non-starter for Rockets, sources tell Y!

Remember, Houston has the space to sign Smith as a free agent this summer. They're not going to overpay to trade for him now.

Atlanta has to do the best possible deal for Smith. That could still be the Bucks in the East, but again, Hawks prefer to send him West.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Edited by Chad, February 21, 2013 - 06:18 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users