• Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 30, 2012 - 01:00 PM

Next week pre season :rock:
Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 03:16 PM

sounded sarcastic to me but with the cornucopia of stupid people on the internet, i try not to assume that anymore.

then again if you use sarcasm via text, you are asking for that very thing

You have to consider the source better though. If you've been here long enough, you'd know that last stand is easily one of our best and brightest posters here. You rarely ever hear such or any idiotic statements from him.

yo.

#43 Rad

Rad

• 1,626 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 03:57 PM

What Kareem's saying sounds about right to me. I'm still puzzled why Bynum chose to stop learning from him. Of course I don't know the whole story, but if I were Bynum, I'd be trying to soak up as much as I could if I had the chance to be under the wing of one of the greatest big men to every play.

Because Bynum is just here for payday.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 30, 2012 - 04:31 PM

Because Bynum is just here for payday.

Someone in the NBA play for free? Nobody is going to put themselves through the year in and year out dedication and trevail and mileage on your body if you aren't getting paid.

Nobody does it for free. Everyone is there for a payday.

It's just a matter on how dedicated they are. Now if he showed up every game out of shape and barely trying then perhaps you could say he was ONLY there for a pay day. But you don't average 19/12 and just be there for a payday. Seriously people can belittle anything if they work hard enough. People have had a worse statline and been clamored for people to be traded on this team to receive. But the guy on our team does that and he's just here for a payday? :blink:

Unless you were being sarcastic

Edited by Majesty, September 30, 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#45 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted September 30, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Kareem is just butt hurt because Bynum made a decision that he had learned enough from him and was ready to move on. Bynum trained under him for around 3 years. At some point in a players life he has to move on and take what he has learned and become his own person.

When he was training Drew he always talked him up, and once it was over he's been talking him down. Now Howard is going to train with him, so he gives him love. Once Howard is done working with him I'm sure he wall put him down too. Kareem just needs to get over it and move on.

Edited by lakerfandude, September 30, 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#46 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,458 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 30, 2012 - 06:05 PM

Kareem is just butt hurt because Bynum made a decision that he had learned enough from him and was ready to move on. Bynum trained under him for around 3 years. At some point in a players life he has to move on and take what he has learned and become his own person.

When he was training Drew he always talked him up, and once it was over he's been talking him down. Now Howard is going to train with him, so he gives him love. Once Howard is done working with him I'm sure he wall put him down too. Kareem just needs to get over it and move on.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Does it hurt that the one of the greatest centers of all time is speaking the truth on Bynum? :81:

Probably

#47 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:07 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Does it hurt that the one of the greatest centers of all time is speaking the truth on Bynum? :81:

Probably

Nope, it's just funny that when he was working with Bynum all he could do was praise him, but when Bynum decided he was ready to move on Kareem changed his tune. Coincidence? Also, how does Kareem know what is in Bynums brain? He states as a fact that all Drew is about is money. I guess he knows how to read minds now. Kareem was one of the best centers to play the game, but that does not mean he knows the mindset of another player. He's not a mind reader, he's a basketball player.. Is that too painful for you to acknowledge??? It appears so, lol...

Edited by lakerfandude, September 30, 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#48 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:17 PM

There is another thread that will give you the answer

;)

mhmm yeah i bet
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#49 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Nope, it's just funny that when he was working with Bynum all he could do was praise him, but when Bynum decided he was ready to move on Kareem changed his tune. Coincidence? Also, how does Kareem know what is in Bynums brain? He states as a fact that all Drew is about is money. I guess he knows how to read minds now. Kareem was one of the best centers to play the game, but that does not mean he knows the mindset of another player. He's not a mind reader, he's a basketball player.. Is that too painful for you to acknowledge??? It appears so, lol...

Don't think he really praised him he was just saying he was improving which is normal of your teacher to say. Was Kareem's ego hurt that a nobody like Bynum tossed him aside? Probably, but at the same time what KAJ said was all 100% true. Bynum is stagnant getting back on defense and is bad at taking double teams. Doubt anyone can argue otherwise. Look at the playoffs he had a great game against Denver then disappeared for a few games.
Posted Image

#50 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:23 PM

Someone in the NBA play for free? Nobody is going to put themselves through the year in and year out dedication and trevail and mileage on your body if you aren't getting paid.

Nobody does it for free. Everyone is there for a payday.

It's just a matter on how dedicated they are. Now if he showed up every game out of shape and barely trying then perhaps you could say he was ONLY there for a pay day. But you don't average 19/12 and just be there for a payday. Seriously people can belittle anything if they work hard enough. People have had a worse statline and been clamored for people to be traded on this team to receive. But the guy on our team does that and he's just here for a payday? :blink:

Unless you were being sarcastic

JUST is the key word from that statement though, bynum wasnt hungry to win anymore. if kobe got paid nothing, he would still be here trying to win another ring. yes everybody likes money but it shouldnt be your sole motivation for playing.

Edited by SweatShop, September 30, 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#51 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Bynum is a [expletive], he say there is a bank in every city...disrespect the OS players....he's too inconsistence but the most problem is his attitude. Glad we traded him.

#52 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:29 PM

Don't think he really praised him he was just saying he was improving which is normal of your teacher to say. Was Kareem's ego hurt that a nobody like Bynum tossed him aside? Probably, but at the same time what KAJ said was all 100% true. Bynum is stagnant getting back on defense and is bad at taking double teams. Doubt anyone can argue otherwise. Look at the playoffs he had a great game against Denver then disappeared for a few games.

No, he didn't disappear, he was ignored, big difference. That won't be the case in Philly in my opinion. Howard is a Laker now and I will be rooting for him, but if Kobe treats him like he treated Bynum, it will appear as if he disappeared also. A player can only showcase if he is allowed to.

Edited by lakerfandude, September 30, 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#53 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,458 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:31 PM

if he cared more about winning.....he wouldn't have put up a horrible effort for an elimination game.....10/4.

Kareem looks like he can read minds

#54 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:34 PM

JUST is the key word from that statement though, bynum wasnt hungry to win anymore. if kobe got paid nothing, he would still be here trying to win another ring. yes everybody likes money but it shouldnt be your sole motivation for playing.

So now you know what Kobe would do if he never got paid? You state as fact and you have no clue. Your statement has no merit. Zero..

#55 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:38 PM

isnt that just common sense that he wasnt going to trash him while collecting laker paychecks? that would make from some pretty awkward practice sessions lol. did bynums behavior not indicate the likely truth? honestly , he didnt say anything that most wouldnt already assume from bynums behavior. kareem is not a guy that will sugarcoat very much

#56 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:39 PM

if he cared more about winning.....he wouldn't have put up a horrible effort for an elimination game.....10/4.

Kareem looks like he can read minds

Kobe took most of the shots that night. He was trying to be a hero and Bynum knew it. Drew has an ego just like Kobe. I've seen Kobe disappear in playoff games with the attitude of "ok let's see you do it without me." IE game 7 of the playoff series against the Suns 5 or 6 years ago when we led the series 3 to 1 and we lost it. In that last game Kobe decided not to shoot to prove a point. What's the difference?

Edited by lakerfandude, September 30, 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#57 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:44 PM

BynumDude, wutsup! from LTB to here?right? me too!(this site so ascetically pleasing!!ha) well,imo, if Bynum cared about winning, he would have done what the TEAM needed from him,dominate the paint. and that is why we got Dwight.. :whistle:

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, September 30, 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#58 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:50 PM

BynumDude, wutsup! from LTB to here?right? me too!(this site so ascetically pleasing!!ha) well,imo, if Bynum cared about winning, he would have done what the TEAM needed from him,dominate the paint. and that is why we got Dwight.. :whistle:

What was your username in LTB, lol?

Edited by lakerfandude, September 30, 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#59 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:52 PM

So now you know what Kobe would do if he never got paid? You state as fact and you have no clue. Your statement has no merit. Zero..

the funny thing is that statement has more merit than anything you have said on this topic. you are taking that too literally, the point i was trying to make is that nobody can question kobe's hunger to win that 6th ring and nobody can question his drive to win every game he plays. but yeah you can bet your ass kobe would still play for that ring without pay at this point. bynum doesnt have his bank account but its clear he doesnt have the same will to win of kobe. the man is like a basketball terminator, he has one goal

seriously guy, you are getting way too worked up over this now irrelevant topic. the guy is gone and id take kareems experience with him over your experience with him, which is ZERO

Edited by SweatShop, September 30, 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#60 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,458 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:53 PM

Kobe took most of the shots that night. He was trying to be a hero and Bynum knew it. Drew has an ego just like Kobe. I've seen Kobe disappear in playoff games with the attitude of "ok let's see you do it without me." IE game 7 of the playoff series against the Suns 5 or 6 years ago when we led the series 3 to 1 and we lost it. In that last game Kobe decided not to shoot to prove a point. What's the difference?

Kobe was 18/33
Bynum was 4/10 and playing with no fire.

Thats not being a hero...thats called trying to win because no one else gives a damn

Kobe had no help.....he had [expletive]in smush and Kwame and walton.

Kobe still put up a better effort than bynum
24pts > 10/4

How many times has kobe got benched, laughed and pointed at the scoreboard because his team is losing. I sure as hell remember bynum doing that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users