#21 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,082 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 15, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Depends with what talent the Lakers acquire. They would probably be able to sign to big free agents at that time since they have cleared out cap space for that summer.

Anybody they sign is likely leaving money on the table to join LA (shoter deal, less money). Sounds great if they are coming to play with Dwight. Let's see how Philly does convincing guys to sign up to play with Bynum.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#22 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 15, 2012 - 09:29 AM

Kareem is one of my favorite PEOPLE of all time. He's articulate, intelligent, insightful and deep. When he speaks, you want everyone around you to shut up so you don't miss anything. When he comments, he does so for the benefit of the world.

Great, GREAT man who will never get the respect he deserves.

The Buss family and the NBA HAS to find a way of commemorating the career of one of the greatest PEOPLE and PLAYERS it has ever seen.

They retired his jersey and they'll give him a statue soon. He's up next.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 09:48 AM

Kareem tells it like it is...anyone remember this?

That was awesome. Classic Kareem. Too bad Pip never responded. Would've been interesting.

yo.

#24 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 09:59 AM

Anybody they sign is likely leaving money on the table to join LA (shoter deal, less money). Sounds great if they are coming to play with Dwight. Let's see how Philly does convincing guys to sign up to play with Bynum.

Don't know how much cap room Philly will have if they decide to resign their young players. And this presupposes that Bynum will stay at this level of maturity (emotional, physical, and mental). Funny how players when put in a certain position will reach new heights in their career. We will see...
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#25 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2012 - 10:03 AM

Kareem has had a falling out with almost everyone. He is still one of the greats and a good person however he can be a bit of an ass at times. I think the whole thing about him whining about a statue is an example.

Kareem doesn't compromise his principles like Magic. He says exactly what he thinks is right. Is that easy to hear all of the time? No. Does that means he's less of a person for it? No.

Kareem comes from a time where the world was tearing itself a part living by an "any means necessary" mantra. He lived thru a time where the pigment in your skin determined your worth as a person.

We all are an aggregate of our life experiences. As long as his actions and comments are viewed in that light, it's not hard to put his POV in perspective.

And what could Scottie say in reply? "Thanks for the education Kareem."

Scottie is a victim of MJ's brainwashing. MJ's Bulls teams were hostages to his ego and were made to think MJ was "divine"...he's not...

Want proof? See MJ's speech when they retired Scottie's Jersey...it was all about him...Scottie has longterm Stockholm's Syndrome...

#26 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 15, 2012 - 10:08 AM

Weird that Bynum picked #33 for his 76ers jersey though.

It was his high school number, I believe.

#27 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 15, 2012 - 03:32 PM

shouldnt be that hard, sure he is immature but will make the game easier for any guy playing with him. people overlook things when they feel it is worth it otherwise teams wouldnt line up to trade for/sign the kid. you can bet the lakers would miss him if they lost dwight. andrew has hopefully learned something from all of this.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#28 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted August 15, 2012 - 04:47 PM

It's sad for Bynum. Hopefully he can learn and be big in the east.

He will with no injuries inshallah, There is no center in the east that can compete with him: Hibbert solid at best, Chandler defensive center with no post game, Bargs soft as butta Monroe will improve with time, Noah also not much offensive game, Hoford solid 12 and 8 3rd option player.

Edited by popo, August 15, 2012 - 04:47 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#29 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,368 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 04:53 PM

if andre drummond stays healthy and takes the game seriously he could challenge bynum. but it really is such an unknown right now
Posted Image

#30 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:20 AM

http://www.bostonglo...e0rI/story.html

In tutoring Bynum, Abdul-Jabbar said, his lower level of experience when entering the NBA hindered his chances of refining his post game, despite his size and skills.

“Andrew only played two years of high school ball and he didn’t finish either year,” Abdul-Jabbar said. “So he had a lot to learn.

“Andrew’s a nice kid — I am not knocking him — but if I was 21 or 22 and signed a contract for $50 million, I might be affected by it, too. He’s not passionate about the game; that’s a great word. But he does like getting paid. So that’s where I think you can figure out what’s going on with him.”

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#31 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,626 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:43 AM

we ll see but u cant put a dime out of the sixers because they have a young talented core now.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 08:17 AM

Damn Kareem lol

#33 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,877 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted September 30, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sixers were lack at 3 point shooter now they have andrew bynum on their team

I'm not gonna miss that retarded person cause he's not my favorite center and my favorite center is Dwight Howard plus I like howard in court cause he's funny.

33bkfif.jpg

#34 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 10:36 AM

we ll see but u cant put a dime out of the sixers because they have a young talented core now.

they got a hell of a deal. bynum will finally learn how to react to a double team with the offense more centered around him. not like its complicated though, probably was bad at it here out of selfishness. i imagine he will give more effort now that he is the man.

not too bad for him , he goes to the east close to home and now chandler is about the only guy out there with a chance at guarding him, and he doesnt have enough in the back pocket if bynum gets real close or bumps him off with a hook
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,368 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 11:52 AM

kareem is biased, not objective, telling lies, and not speaking from experience.
Posted Image

#36 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 12:22 PM

kareem is biased, not objective, telling lies, and not speaking from experience.

what lies? are you being sarcastic? from what i remember of that article, it sounds like he hit the nail on the head and bynums behavior only makes it more believable

#37 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,877 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted September 30, 2012 - 12:36 PM

So you know more about andrew bynum?

so tell me more about him? what is the favorite drink of Andrew Bynum?

33bkfif.jpg

#38 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 12:39 PM

Sarcasm really goes over the head of some people here lol

#39 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 12:50 PM

sounded sarcastic to me but with the cornucopia of stupid people on the internet, i try not to assume that anymore.

then again if you use sarcasm via text, you are asking for that very thing

Edited by SweatShop, September 30, 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#40 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,368 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 12:58 PM

what lies? are you being sarcastic? from what i remember of that article, it sounds like he hit the nail on the head and bynums behavior only makes it more believable

There is another thread that will give you the answer

;)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users