Photo

What will the Lakers' rotations look like?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 13, 2012 - 08:21 AM

I am pumped with they way our current roster is constructed. Our bench, along with Nash are HUGE upgrades over last season. But how do you think Mike Brown will work in substitutions?

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Pau
Howard

1st Subs
Jamison for Pau
Blake for Nash

2nd Subs
Meeks for Bryant
Hill for Howard
Ebanks for Metta

3rd Subs
Nash for Blake
Pau for Jamison
Bryant for Ebanks

That is what I could envision, but not sure if that is realistic. Just wanted to get some thoughts from all of you. :rock:

#2 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,881 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted August 13, 2012 - 08:32 AM

Here is the problem; you have applied logic. With this new lineup, I am deathly afraid that with Brown at the helm it will be similar to giving a 16 year old the keys to a brand new Ferrari. Can't find the link, but there was a nice article on Brown talking about next year's offense. "It will be like last year, with some of the Princeton stuff." Hopefully Brown sits back and let's Nash run the show.

#3 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2012 - 08:58 AM

I just hope we see more Meeks than World Peace with Bryant playing SF. Meeks will thrive with Gasol(or Jamison) and Howard down low, Bryant drawing double teams, and Nash running the offense.
:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#4 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:21 AM

Starters: Nash (Play 7mins), Kobe (Play 9mins), Ebanks (Play 6 mins), Pau (Play 7 mins), Howard (play 9mins)

2nd Team: Blake (5mins) , Andrew/Meeks (3mins depending on which guys gets slot), MWP (6mins), Jamison (5mins) , Hill (3mins)

3rd team: Morriss, Duhon, Clark = get garbage mins whenever they can

Process repeats itself until the start of 4th where any1 can be on court for 1st 4mins and then finish out with the starters.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 351 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Starters: Nash (Play 7mins), Kobe (Play 9mins), Ebanks (Play 6 mins), Pau (Play 7 mins), Howard (play 9mins)

2nd Team: Blake (5mins) , Andrew/Meeks (3mins depending on which guys gets slot), MWP (6mins), Jamison (5mins) , Hill (3mins)

3rd team: Morriss, Duhon, Clark = get garbage mins whenever they can

Process repeats itself until the start of 4th where any1 can be on court for 1st 4mins and then finish out with the starters.

Id rather have mwp start than ebanks since he's a better defender and can shoot 3's unlike ebanks

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:53 AM

I am pumped with they way our current roster is constructed. Our bench, along with Nash are HUGE upgrades over last season. But how do you think Mike Brown will work in substitutions?

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Pau
Howard

1st Subs
Jamison for Pau
Blake for Nash

2nd Subs
Meeks for Bryant
Hill for Howard
Ebanks for Metta

3rd Subs
Nash for Blake
Pau for Jamison
Bryant for Ebanks

That is what I could envision, but not sure if that is realistic. Just wanted to get some thoughts from all of you. :rock:

First of all, I think it depends on the team we're playing, matchups and who gets the first fouls.
Second, i dont think they're gonna have all of our "big four" on the bench at any point, unless it's garbage time or we're ahead by 15. With 4 all-stars, that's possible - and awesome.

They may also try to match different players together. For instance, when Nash sits, it would be an idea to have someone like Pau and Kobe on the floor, as they can facilitate the ball a bit. Conversely, when Pau and Kobe sits, a couple of shooters like Jamison and Meeks would open up the floor for Nash and Howard Pick and roll.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, August 13, 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#7 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:57 AM

Mike Brown: Play Kobe for 40 minutes, Pau for 39 minutes, Dwight for 40 minutes, and then Nash for 38 (gotta give him some rest).
Posted Image

#8 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:59 AM

As long as MB has maybe 1 starter on the floor the whole game, and 2 for most of it, I will be happy, especially if it's at least one of Kobe/Howard/Nash. Since these guys can create for themselves and others very effectively.

I actually tried doing a mock rotation and it's tough. The backcourt is easy, we want Kobe/Nash playing around 33 mpg. But we're so stacked at the 4/5 splitting minutes there will be interesting. Because I wanted to play some Gasol/Jamison but Hill also deserves playing time as well. And when you're doing that, how long do you really have to rest Howard haha? So many different options! But other teams would love to have our problems hahahah

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have no problem with anything in the lineup, other than a lack of confidence in Ebanks.

I'm not a fan, and haven't been. I seriously doubt his ability to bring anything to this new team. The level of expectations and need has been bumped up considerably. Ebanks couldn't deliver consistency or anything before when this team was in second round purgatory. Now that it's championship or bust, I don'[t have much faith that he can provide anything more than minute / playing time relief.

Hopefully he can suprise me, but to me that's the glaring weakness on this roster.

#10 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:04 AM

As long as MB has maybe 1 starter on the floor the whole game, and 2 for most of it, I will be happy, especially if it's at least one of Kobe/Howard/Nash. Since these guys can create for themselves and others very effectively.

I actually tried doing a mock rotation and it's tough. The backcourt is easy, we want Kobe/Nash playing around 33 mpg. But we're so stacked at the 4/5 splitting minutes there will be interesting. Because I wanted to play some Gasol/Jamison but Hill also deserves playing time as well. And when you're doing that, how long do you really have to rest Howard haha? So many different options! But other teams would love to have our problems hahahah

Jamison could see some minutes at the 3 as well, and so could Clark.

I agree, it's a problem, but quite an awesome problem to have. The cool thing is that we can use the subs depending on need. If we're being out-rebounded, then it's Hill, if we need a bit of scoring then it's Jamison.

#11 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:07 AM

I have no problem with anything in the lineup, other than a lack of confidence in Ebanks.

I'm not a fan, and haven't been. I seriously doubt his ability to bring anything to this new team. The level of expectations and need has been bumped up considerably. Ebanks couldn't deliver consistency or anything before when this team was in second round purgatory. Now that it's championship or bust, I don'[t have much faith that he can provide anything more than minute / playing time relief.

Hopefully he can suprise me, but to me that's the glaring weakness on this roster.

Agreed. Ebanks wasn't all that productive last season even when he was allowed to start. I'm also not at all confident about Blake, and Nash is old so we'll have to play Blake a bit. But we're so well off everywhere else, we can play other guys to mask their weaknesses. Like play Howard at C with them to help when other players beat them off the dribble and things of that nature. So overall, I'm not concerned and I'm actually very optimistic, even if I'm not sold Ebanks/Blake.

#12 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Nash(35) // Blake(13) // Duhon (0)
Bryant(27) // Meeks(21) // Goudelock(0)
World Peace(24) // Jamison (16) // Bryant(8)
Gasol (35) // Jamison(13) // Clark(0)
Howard (35) // Hill(13)

I like to see the minutes spread like this. No need to force 40 minutes on any player with depth help of Jamison and Meeks added to Hill and Blake.
:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#13 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:31 AM

Howard (35) // Hill(13)

I like to see the minutes spread like this. No need to force 40 minutes on any player with depth help of Jamison and Meeks added to Hill and Blake.

Looks pretty good actually. I would add some Gasol at the 5 though and maybe some Hill at the 4, depending on how it works. You also forgot Ebanks, I think he'll be playing some 3.

#14 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 351 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:35 AM

Howard (35) // Hill(13)

Kobe will definitely play more than 27 mins a game meeks isn't good enough split his minutes evenly. Id say around 33-34 like in 2011 should be plenty and mwp should def see more mintues as well. I think the starters will all see between 30-36 mintutes depending on how the bench is performing/ if we're blowing people out/etc.....

Edited by dakidblu, August 13, 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#15 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,517 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:39 AM

Nash(32)/ Blake(12)/ Morris(4)
Kobe(30)/ Meeks(18)
Metta(30)/ Ebanks(8)/ Jamison(6)/ Kobe(4)
Pau(34)/ Jamison(14)
Dwight(34)/ Hill(14)

This is what I would like to run it as.

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:43 AM

This, this, and this. Agree completely, which is why I was so adamant about hopefully being able to pick up/add at least one more better than Ebanks piece to the bench (which isn't that hard to do even for vets min.).

yo.

#17 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:52 AM

This team is spending so much money now, I would be surprised if they sign any more people.

I, unlike a lot of people, have confidence in Blake. he wasn't as terrible as everyone seems to think he was. He was playing starting minutes and he isn't a starter, the guy's a back-up, always has been always will be. With far less pressure on him and now being settled into his normal role, I don't see Blake as a weakness at all.

#18 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:54 AM

This team is spending so much money now, I would be surprised if they sign any more people.

I, unlike a lot of people, have confidence in Blake. he wasn't as terrible as everyone seems to think he was. He was playing starting minutes and he isn't a starter, the guy's a back-up, always has been always will be. With far less pressure on him and now being settled into his normal role, I don't see Blake as a weakness at all.

Blake is frustrating. How many players in the NBA get 20+ minutes a game but only score 3 or fewer points in a game???

#19 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:56 AM

He can be frustrating but what kind of bench squad did he run with last year?

When you have inconsistent play around you, it doesn't matter how hard you try, its tough to be consistent yourself. That's what starters do, what star players do. and we all know Blake isn't one of those. He's a more than competent backup. With Nash and the squad he has now, you'll see a marked improvement from him.

#20 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:58 AM

He can be frustrating but what kind of bench squad did he run with last year?

When you have inconsistent play around you, it doesn't matter how hard you try, its tough to be consistent yourself. That's what starters do, what star players do. and we all know Blake isn't one of those. He's a more than competent backup. With Nash and the squad he has now, you'll see a marked improvement from him.

I am fine with Blake being a backup. Doesn't mean he isn't frustrating. He will probably still score 3 points a game, but at least we have Meeks and Jamison picking up the slack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users