The Expendables 3 (August 15, 2014)

Stallone Ah-nuld! Statham Ford Gibson Lungren Snipes Crews Li Rousey

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

• 40,383 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 02:26 PM

VAN DAMME!

Source

That is simply awesome. Van Damme is the man. Only adds to his legend. Thanks for sharing and yeah, Kylie can get it even now, but especially back then and in Street Fighter.

I mean look at that ass, DAMN!!!

yo.

#22 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,868 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted August 16, 2012 - 11:53 AM

‘The Expendables 2’ has star-studded premiere in Hollywood

Posted ImagePosted Image49 photosView the full slideshow »
Posted Image

On Wednesday August 15, stars showed up in style in Hollywood for the star-studded premiere of “The Expendables 2,” starringSylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger,Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. This film follows the very popular “The Expendables,” released just two years ago in 2010.

In “The Expendables 2,” Mr. Church reunites the Expendables for what should be an easy paycheck, but when one of their men is murdered on the job; their quest for revenge puts them deep in enemy territory and up against an unexpected threat.

The film opens in the U.S. on Friday, August 17. The film will battle for box office dollars with the animated film “ParaNorman,” Whitney Houston’s last film “Sparkle” and the family film “The Odd Life of Timothy Green.”

Edited by Mr Terrific, August 16, 2012 - 11:54 AM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#23 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,868 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 02:21 PM

Critics Consensus: The Expendables 2 Is (Mostly) Big, Dumb Fun

The Expendables 2
65%

You pretty much know what you're getting with The Expendables 2: a group of past-and-present action stars wisecracking and blowing stuff up real good. The surprise, say critics, is that this sequel tops its predecessor in just about every way; sure, it's dumb, loud, and a little too self-conscious, but it's got enough muscular action and funny one-liners to delight the popcorn crowd. Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) has a seemingly straightforward task for the Expendables, whose ranks include Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, and, this time out, Chuck Norris and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But when the plan goes awry, our heroes seek revenge against a certain Belgian baddie. The pundits say The Expendables 2 isn't the most disciplined movie on the planet, but it's undeniably fun to see these aging warriors dish out punishment. (Check out this week's Total Recall, in which we count down Schwarzenegger's best-reviewed movies.)

Posted Image

Source

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#24 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 19, 2012 - 08:15 AM

Posted Image

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

• 40,383 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 09:42 AM

^ Awesome pic, but it would've been completely epic had they replaced Statham in it with Norris and somehow added Seagal (eventhough I know he wasn't even in the film and doesn't get along with Jean).

yo.

#26 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,364 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 19, 2012 - 06:57 PM

kylie is a sweet piece. props if he did, but i think he's lying.

anyone see the movie?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#27 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted August 20, 2012 - 11:13 AM

kylie is a sweet piece. props if he did, but i think he's lying.

anyone see the movie?

seen it yesterday.
im 30 yrs old so i grew up watching these guys so i didnt mind it.
they killed the punch lines which was funny.
movie was ok I give it a 6/10
For some reason the picture was grainy and looked VHS quality I dont know why.
Anyone else get that?
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#28 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,868 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 12:47 PM

seen it yesterday.
im 30 yrs old so i grew up watching these guys so i didnt mind it.
they killed the punch lines which was funny.
movie was ok I give it a 6/10
For some reason the picture was grainy and looked VHS quality I dont know why.
Anyone else get that?

They tried to make it look like a 80s movie. I give it 2 M16s up

#29 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,868 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 01:46 PM

Chuck Norris Gets Rave Reviews For “Expendables 2″
Chuck Norris has been more of a well-intentioned punchline than anything else in recent years; after he became a popular internet meme, it was all downhill from there. But he’s chosen perhaps the best vehicle for a return to the big screen–a big-budget, explosive-heavy action film featuring pretty much every action star on the face of the planet–and he’s being applauded for it.

Norris, like most of his co-stars, understands his place in Americana. These men have been around since the late ’70s/early ’80s and have almost become caricatures of themselves: hugely muscled, vaguely unintelligible heroes with big hearts and more training than book-smarts. It’s a character they’ve all played time and time again, yet we never get sick of it, perhaps because they give us exactly what we want each time with no frills. They are what they are, and that’s just fine.

Although Norris hasn’t been in the spotlight in recent years as often as his onscreen cohorts, he is being welcomed back with open arms by those who have seen the film as the one man in the group who can pull off poking fun at himself without seeming cheesy. He’s in on the joke, just like everyone else, but he manages to find the comedy in it a tad better than, say, Schwarzenegger, who’s done that “I’ll be back” bit a few too many times.

This could be the beginning of a big comeback for Norris, although that might dampen all those memes surrounding him; the legend has become almost bigger than the actor.

Source

Edited by Mr Terrific, August 20, 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#30 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted August 20, 2012 - 02:57 PM

They tried to make it look like a 80s movie. I give it 2 M16s up

lol
ya i was thinking they were tryin to do that but i thought why would they with todays technology.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

• 40,383 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 03:55 PM

Good read on Chuck. Thanks for posting that Mr. Terrific.

yo.

#32 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,868 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 10:59 AM

Dolph Lundgren’s Wild Ride: From Fulbright Scholar to ‘The Expendables 2’
Aug 17, 2012 4:45 AM EDT
The costar of ‘The Expendables 2’ tells the wild story of his journey from M.I.T-bound Fulbright Scholar to action stardom, including favorite anecdotes from ‘Rocky IV,’ clubbing with Andy Warhol, and more.

“I must break you.”

With those four words, the towering Swede, Dolph Lundgren, achieved film immortality. But his turn as Soviet pugilist Ivan Drago in Rocky IV notwithstanding, it’s been a long, strange trip for the action star, replete with—yes—a Fulbright Scholarship to M.I.T., palling around with Andy Warhol as a club bouncer in New York City, a terrifying hostage situation, and a 15-year gap between studio films.

This weekend will see the release of The Expendables 2, a shoot-’em-up action movie extravaganza crammed with every tough-guy film character from the 1980s and ’90s, including Rambo, The Terminator, John McClane, the Belgian roundhouse kicker from Bloodsport, and … Chuck Norris. It also stars Lundgren, reprising his role from the first Expendables film as Gunnar Jensen, a former M.I.T.-scholar-turned-booze-hound-mercenary, who provides the bulk of the film’s comic relief.

In person, Lundgren is far more convivial than his often monodrone on-screen persona suggests. The face is still chiseled and the hair is still blond—save some Mitt Romneyesque sideburns—and he’s kept himself in incredible shape for a 54-year-old (or anyone, for that matter). Unlike most contemporary Hollywood stars, he isn’t the least bit guarded during our chat, choosing to confront each and every question with a refreshingly laid-back, “been-through-it-al" attitude.

Lundgren wasn’t always so imposing. He grew up a scrawny kid with nagging allergy problems in a suburb of Stockholm. His father, an engineer and economist working for the Swedish government, had a violent temper and used to beat him and his mother regularly.

Posted Image Actor Dolph Lundgren attends the UK Film Premiere of 'The Expendables 2' at Empire Leicester Square on August 13, 2012 in London, United Kingdom. (Dave M. Benett / Getty Images)

“He was pretty violent towards my mom and me; he would just beat me up for no reason,” says Lundgren. “So I got into martial arts and boxing to work out my frustrations and anger. I was trying to feel safe.”

Lundgren, who says he’s since forgiven his father, eventually achieved a third-dan black belt in Kyokushin karate, and won the European Championships in karate in 1980 and 1981. The following year, after graduating first in his class with a master’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney, he was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to M.I.T.

The summer after graduation, he met singer Grace Jones in Sydney and things took a sharp turn. After serving a brief stint as Jones’s bodyguard, he became her lover, and she got him into “acting, modeling, and all that crap,” he says. By the time he enrolled in M.I.T. in the fall, he says, he had “lost any desire to be an engineer and had been seduced by show business.”

Despite turning his back on engineering, Lundgren says it still manifests itself in other ways, including mixology, or the art of creating custom cocktails. The Dolph Lundgren Special?

“There’s a Swedish drink with ice-cold vodka and a lemon with ground coffee on one side of the lemon and sugar on the other, so you bite the lemon and shoot the vodka,” he says, with a chuckle. “Because of the caffeine … it’s a good one.”

He soon moved with his girlfriend Jones to New York City, where he worked as a bouncer at the notorious New York City club, Limelight, alongside fellow future actor Chazz Palminteri. During the day, he took acting classes. One of his favorite stories from his club days is his first meeting with Andy Warhol at Club A on the Upper East Side. Warhol approached him and timidly said, “Hi, so … you look great. Can I take a picture of you? [Snap] Do you want to be in my magazine?” Lundgren agreed, and was featured in a small story in Interview magazine.

“I later heard that [Warhol] and the photographer made a bet that they could get me to pose naked, but they only got me down to my underwear!” he says with a laugh.

“I later heard that [Warhol] and the photographer made a bet that they could get me to pose naked, but they only got me down to my underwear!”

Grace Jones got him a cameo as a henchman in the 1985 Bond film, A View to A Kill, but it was the role of chemically engineered Soviet boxer Ivan Drago in Rocky IV that same year that made Lundgren a star. He has nothing but fond memories of the shoot, including sending Stallone to the hospital for two weeks with a body punch (“I was much stronger than I realized, I think”), or his claim during that film’s press tour that he could knock out Mike Tyson (“I must’ve been drunk!”). But the story that he relishes the most involves his costar in The Expendables 2, Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was friends with his then girlfriend, Jones, from their time making Conan.

“I just started training for Rocky IV and Grace was having an all-night party—big surprise there—and I was trying to get some sleep to train in the morning with Sly,” says Lundgren. “I hadn’t seen Arnold in the longest time. So I get this knock on the door at 4 a.m. and it’s Arnold yelling [in Arnold voice], ‘It’s yo train-a! I am he-ah to check yo abs!’”

After Rocky IV, Lundgren had a few big-budget bombs, including Masters of the Universe—a He-Man movie adaptation, and a gritty comic-book adaptation, The Punisher. His last big hit before 2010’s The Expendables was the 1992 sci-fi action flick, Universal Soldier, starring opposite Expendables 2’s villain, Jean Claude Van Damme. And after 1995’s dud, Johnny Mnemonic, Lundgren would appear in exclusively direct-to-video fare until 2010.

“I was never as ambitious or put 100 percent into it, really,” he says. “I like to have a good time, and I wanted my kids to grow up away from Hollywood—away from all the drugs and things—and my wife didn’t like L.A., so I lived in Marbella, Spain, for 10 years.”

In 2009, while Lundgren was off shooting a film, a group of intruders in black hoods invaded his home in Spain and took his family hostage, including his wife, children, and staff. According to Lundgren, when his oldest daughter screamed, “If my dad was here, this would be different,” the men looked at a family photograph and realized whose home they were looting, gave some of the jewelry back to Lundgren’s wife, and left.

“It was a tough experience,” he says. “I wanted to get these guys and kill them slowly, but I couldn’t find them. I sent some guys to look for them, too.”

Posted Image

Lundgren split from his wife in 2011 and moved back to L.A. As far as the current action-film climate is concerned, he doesn’t seem to be a big fan of the recent trend of kick-ass women onscreen, such as the Angelina Jolies and Gina Caranos of the world.

“I love women but any woman, no matter how trained … almost any man can defeat any woman because it’s just the way the body’s constructed,” he says. “I don’t care if she’s a karate champion, the guy is still going to kill her if it’s a fair fight.”

And, thanks to The Expendables films, Lundgren’s career has received a sizable bump. He’ll be hosting ReelzChannel’s “reality competition,” Race to the Scene. Set to premiere in spring 2013, the TV series will feature contestants competing in challenges inspired by actual movie moments. He’s trying to market a line of workout supplements in the U.S. bearing his name, and recently wrapped not only on an action movie in Asia he’s very excited about, “with a lot of zombies, robots and me,” he says, but is also hopeful for a third film in The Expendables franchise.

“I guess I didn’t feel mature enough or ready to deal with everything earlier in my career,” he says. “Now, I feel stronger and ready for whatever comes next.”

Source

• 40,383 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 07:23 PM

^ Another great read, thanks for posting. My older Bro told me about how he was a genius and what not. That's pretty crazy. Never would've expected it to that extent.

Can't believe he was with Grace Jones for so long though. I looked 'her' up out of curiosity and I did not expect that at all. She could literally pass for a man. I thought it was a tranny or something, but man. C'mon Dolph.

Posted Image

There are way worse pictures, but that's just a sample.

yo.

#34 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted August 22, 2012 - 10:59 AM

I heard JCVD was great in the movie
Posted Image

#35 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,868 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 11:09 AM

I heard JCVD was great in the movie

Yeah. He did Method acting and stayed pissed at everybody until the movie wrapped

#36 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,868 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 11:16 AM

^ Another great read, thanks for posting. My older Bro told me about how he was a genius and what not. That's pretty crazy. Never would've expected it to that extent.

Can't believe he was with Grace Jones for so long though. I looked 'her' up out of curiosity and I did not expect that at all. She could literally pass for a man. I thought it was a tranny or something, but man. C'mon Dolph.

Posted Image

There are way worse pictures, but that's just a sample.

Apparently she was a sex symbol back in the day

Edited by Mr Terrific, August 22, 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 22, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Boomerang is a good movie

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,383 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Apparently she was a sex symbol back in the day

Mike Tyson's ex-wife whom he beat.

Sex symbol? That is just gross.

yo.

#39 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 22, 2012 - 02:02 PM

back in the day, robin givens could def get it

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,383 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 02:19 PM

^ Oh I agree, but just to be clear, I was referring to Miss Jones as far as the disgust over her being considered a 'sex symbol' ever.

yo.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users