#1 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted August 12, 2012 - 01:06 PM

Arnold Schwarzenegger recently revealed some fun backstory on how Sylvester ("Sly") Stallone initially recruited him to "The Expendables" action film series.

"One day, I was sitting at my hairdresser, and Sly came up to me, and he said, 'Oh, man, it would be so great if you could be doing just a little bit something in my "Expendables" movie,'" Schwarzenegger said during a recent panel discussion for ESPN's "30 For 30 Shorts" at a Television Critics Association event.

Schwarzenegger was "The Governator" of California at the time. He stressed to Stallone how important it was to film his part quickly, and over a weekend as to, in his words, "not take away from my work for the people because they will get very upset if someone would know that I'm shooting on Thursday and Friday in 'Expendables' and not doing the people's work."

When Stallone volunteered to call Schwarzenegger's agent to iron out the details, the former "Terminator" actor recalled his reply: "You don't have to call my agent. I make the decisions... So I'm in."

And when Stallone brought up salary negotiation, Schwarzenegger served him another zinger: "You don't have to pay me. I'm in... I'll do that for you."

And he did. Finally. You see, Schwarzenegger revealed he and Stallone had been looking to team up during the 20 years prior that led to that fateful day at the hairdresser. Whether a not-so-right script or scheduling conflicts -- something always seemed to get in the way, Schwarzenegger said.

The two longtime friends have now attached themselves to three films in which they both appear -- both "Expendables" movies as well as upcoming sci-fi thriller "The Tomb."

Why so much "Ahnold"-"Sly" big-screen action all of a sudden? Because, as Schwarzenegger joked, "We're in love with each other."

"The Expendables 2" hits theaters next Friday, August 17. In it, Schwarzenegger reprises his role as the tough-as-nails Mr. Trench and, for example, rips the door off of a smart car, shoots down the bad guys and -- you guessed it -- puffs on a fat cigar while uttering a spoof of his famed "Terminator" line, "I'm back."

Edited by Mr Terrific, August 31, 2013 - 08:51 AM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#2 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2012 - 01:10 PM

Van Damme Bloodsport

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#3 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,217 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 01:51 PM

‘Expendables 2′ Cast Jumping In For Sylvester Stallone

Sylvester Stallone’s son Sage Moonblood Stallone died less than a month ago so the cast of The Expendables 2 is letting Sly have time to mourn while they continue promoting the film for him. Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and Randy Couture are leading the charge.
Sylvester Stallone’s son Sage Moonblood died shortly after his father had been promoting his latest film The Expendables 2 at Comic Con. He was on a high which was suddenly cut short. It’s been less than a month since Sage died on July 13, 2012, and the cast of The Expendables film is giving Sly plenty of time to mourn. Rather than expect him to go out and promote the sequel to the popular Expendables film, they’re taking over for him.
Sylvester Stallone’s rep, Michelle Bega, said, “Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son. His compassion and thoughts are with Sage’s mother, Sasha. Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man. His loss will be felt forever.”

Something like that is so severe. You can’t really do anything. I sent him a handwritten note. I contributed to a charity for his kid,” said Dolph Lundgren, one of a number of wildly popular aging action stars from the 90′s featured in the film, which opens Aug. 17. “He knows we’re thinking about him,” Lundgren said at a recent media event for the film. “He knows us. He knows our prayers go out to him. But what are you going to do? I have two kids. And all you can do is hug your kids and go thank God it didn’t happen to you.”
Stallone hasn’t done anything publicly since Sage’s death which has still not resulted in any findings for the cause. Sage Moonblood was Sylvester’s first son with first wife, Sasha Czack. Sylvester and Sasha had two sons together and divorced in 1985. After a short marriage to Brigitte Nielsen, “The Expendables” star wed his current wife, Jennifer Flavin. His son directed the 2006 short ‘Vic’, which screened at the Palm Springs Film Festival.

Mixed-martial-arts legend turned actor Randy Couture said the cast was missing Stallone during promotion of the film, which includes a European trip and next week’s Los Angeles premiere.

He is the leader of this group, both on-screen and off-screen. And so we miss him here,” Couture said. “But we understand. We’re parents. We have kids. We can’t really imagine what he’s going through now. But what do you say? … So we’re giving him space.”

Terry Crews has also joined in to help promote the film with the rest of the cast. “The best thing that we can do right now is hold it down here for him. This is his baby,” Crews said. “This is one thing that he came up with that he’s changed the world yet again. And I’m proud to be here and repping for him. Whatever he needs, we got him.”
Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 12, 2012 - 01:54 PM

I still haven't seen the first one

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,217 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 01:57 PM

I still haven't seen the first one

Youtube it

#6 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:09 PM

JCVD :rock:
Posted Image

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Haven't seen the first yet either. Was Chuck Norris in the first? Van Damme?

yo.

#8 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:22 PM

VD no but idk abot Chuck havent seen it either but the 2nd one is a must
Posted Image

#9 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,289 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Re-watched the first one today. Cousin hadn't seen it so I popped the blu-ray in. Liked it even better this time around. It's the dream team of action hereos(for the most part, except for Couture and Crews) blasting their way through hundreds of bad guys, bloody as hell, non stop explosions to go with some cheesy writing. Great summer flick.

Won't win an oscar anytime soon, but it's [expletive]ing fun to watch..

Gonna watch the 2nd this weekend.

Nope.

They will be in the 2nd one though.

I wish The Rock would have been somehow involved in either of the first 2 as well. Maybe for the 3rd he'll get an invite, even tho half the cast will be like 60+ yrs old lol

#10 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:27 PM

I heard Seagal was going to be in the 3rd one. Also while look that up i saw that Van Damme challenged Seagal to a fight outside of Slys home but Seagal refused . Intresting to see Seagal in the 3rd one seeing how he is out of shape.
Posted Image

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Also while look that up i saw that Van Damme challenged Seagal to a fight outside of Slys home but Seagal refused .

What? Is that for real? That's pretty hilarious and somewhat hard to believe. If true, these guys really do have their machismo levels ridiculously high, lol.

yo.

#12 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:34 PM

What? Is that for real? That's pretty hilarious and somewhat hard to believe. If true, these guys really do have their machismo levels ridiculously high, lol.

it was in the 90s so it must have been pretty good. Although they never fought because Seagal never came out there is bad blood between them.

Posted Image

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:34 PM

^ That's pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.

yo.

#14 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,217 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 02:57 PM

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone 'bump' into each other at hospital

Life is tough if you are an ageing action star.

A fact proved by veteran actors Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone as they were pictured after 'coincidentally' being treated in hospital for stunt-related injuries.

Former Governor of California Schwarzenegger posted the picture on his Whosay account page just hours after it was announced the pair will be co-starring in another movie called The Tomb.

Schwarzenegger accompanied the shot by saying: 'After all the action, stunts and physical abuse shooting The Expendables 2 and The Last Stand, it was time for a little tune up on my shoulder. Look who was coincidentally waiting in line behind me for his shoulder surgery.

'Now we're ready for another round of great times and action when we shoot The Tomb.'

With Schwarzenegger, now 64, and Stallone, 65, many people will surely be wondering whether the pair should maybe leave the action genre to younger actors more suited to the physical rigours of such films.

However, sceptics may wonder whether the coincidence is just a bit too good to be true, given that they both have a couple of movies to promote.

The fact Stallone seemed to have a syringe sticking out of his neck also suggested it may have been a spoof.

Arnold and Sly were massive rivals in the 80s, and continually tussled to be Hollywood's biggest action star.

And while the Rambo and Rocky franchises were hugely lucrative, the former seemed to edge it due to the massive box office success of the likes of Terminator 2, Total Recall and Kindergarten Cop.

Nowadays however the pair seem to be fast friends, and will be teaming up for the third time in recent years in The Tomb.

Arnold had a cameo in 2010's The Expendables, he has an extended part in the upcoming sequel.

In their latest project Stallone will play a man who designs an inescapable high-tech prison, who becomes a prisoner after being double-crossed.

Luckily he will be helped in his quest to escape with the help of a friendly fellow inmate played by Schwarzenegger.

The Austrian Oak is just finishing filming on The Last Stand, which is his first foray into the world of serious westerns.

Posted Image

#15 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 13, 2012 - 02:58 PM

arnold looks old as hell

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 03:35 PM

^ Yeah, he can barely open his eyes.

Also, anyone notice that tennis superstar Novak Djokovic is listed under the cast for this film? That's pretty random.

yo.

#17 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,217 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 04:02 PM

JCVD :rock:

A loooong interview with Howard Stern

#18 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,217 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 09:35 AM

VAN DAMME!

Jean-Claude Van Damme admits to affair with Kylie Minogue while shooting 'Street Fighter' almost 20 years ago

Real street-fighting men don’t kiss and tell. Maybe he’s still in character as a bad guy from his 'The Expendables 2,' villainous turn.
Posted Image

Venturelli/WireImage

Jean-Claude Van Damme attends "The Expendables 2" at Le Grand Rex on August 9 in Paris, France. He spills the beans about having an affair with Kylie Minogue to the Guardian. Nice mouth, for the street fighter who turns into a bad guy in “The Expendables 2.”
Even though it took nearly 20 years to admit, Jean-Claude Van Damme finally came clean about having an affair with singer Kylie Minogue back in 1994 during a recent interview.

At the time, Van Damme, now 51, and Minogue, now 44, were costars on the set of action flick "Street Fighter."

And according to Van Damme, who may have been married at the time of the affair, he simply found it too difficult to resist the singer's charms.

"I tell you what, you should ask her. She'll have a better memory. I'm 51 years old, do you know how much I was punched in the face on 'The Expendables'?" Van Damme told UK's The Guardian. "No, no. No. And let's just say it happened, so what? Who wants to know?

"Sometimes you let go of stuff ... I don't know, maybe. Yes. Okay. Yes, yes, yes. It happened. I was in Thailand, we had an affair."

The veteran action star was married to his third wife, Gladys Portugues, until 1992, but began an affair with actress Darcy LaPier and married her in February 1994.

Posted ImageJean-Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue in 'Street Fighter.' In the Guardian interview, Van Damme then went on to give an extremely detailed account of their brief fling.

"Sweet kiss, beautiful love-making," he told the paper. "It would be abnormal not to have had an affair, she's so beautiful and she was there in front of me every day with a beautiful smile, simpatico, so charming, she wasn't acting like a big star.

"I knew Thailand very well, so I showed her my Thailand. She's a great lady."

It has long been rumored that the pair had an affair, but this is the first time that either has spoken out about it.

Source

Edited by Mr Terrific, August 14, 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#19 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,324 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted August 14, 2012 - 11:24 AM

it was in the 90s so it must have been pretty good. Although they never fought because Seagal never came out there is bad blood between them.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=THsEWTClnjc

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rYDGduAHOxc

Van Damme, an ex kick boxer would have demolished Seagull.

#20 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 14, 2012 - 12:15 PM

Jean-Claude Van Damme Training With UFC WW champ GSP

2hf753r.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users