30 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:46 AM

I just had an exhausting discussion with again this [expletive]ing HEAT fan and he told me that I compared Kupchacks decisions to Pat and that I ashamed his crown..ahahahaa :rolleyes: :laughing: I mean come on..how silly are those heat fans?

Mitch is great and Pat too, but for me Pat was the best coach in the 80s...his GM Decisions are good but Mitch brings out homeruns you dont expect and I found those things much more worth than FA decisions..what do u think?

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#2 Aonex

Aonex

Rookie

• 99 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Magicman

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:52 AM

Strictly as a GM, Mitch by a long shot. All Riles does is recruit. Mitch has done ridiculous trade after ridiculous trade. Plus, it seemed like Miami's big three agreed with one another to play on the same team. Not even sure how much credit goes to Riles.

#3 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:53 AM

Push

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#4 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:56 AM

Another opportunity to exploit Bill Simmons' idiocy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060224

When we were in Houston for All-Star Weekend, one of the marquee events was the annual Technology Summit at the Houstonian, featuring celebrities such as Mark Cuban, David Stern, George Bodenheimer, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley and Anderson Cooper. Little was made of another gathering: The first-annual Atrocious GM Summit, held Sunday morning at the La Quinta Inn.

One of the better known worst GMs is none other than Isiah Thomas.
Our dream panel included Philadelphia's Billy King; former Raptors GM Rob Babcock; Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak; former Knicks GM Scott Layden; former Cavs GM Jim Paxson; Minnesota's Kevin McHale; former Orlando GM John Weisbrod; and, of course, Isiah Thomas of the New York Knicks. Sadly, Wes Unseld was unable to make it after he accidentally traded his first-class Delta Airlines ticket to Houston for three Southwest Airlines tickets to Atlanta.

Simmons: Mitch, when you took over the Lakers, you had the best two players in the league and could have won 10 straight titles with the right moves. Instead, you couldn't get it done. Then you traded Shaq for 30 cents on the dollar; you gave cap-killing contracts to run-of-the-mill guys like Chris Mihm and Devean George; you blew all of your draft picks; you wasted the next three to four years of Kobe's prime by drafting a high school center over someone like Danny Granger, who could have helped right away; and then, you outdid yourself by trading Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins' useful expiring contract for Kwame Brown. But the Shaq-Kobe saga overshadowed everything; you haven't gotten enough credit for being a complete debacle. Does that bother you?

"Enough about Isiah, let's talk about me." (GM Mitch Kupchak)
Kupchak: I'd be lying if I said it didn't. When we made the Kwame trade, I was thinking to myself, "This is it, this is the one, now maybe people will start talking about me." Well, it didn't happen. Then the season starts, and Kwame's just a complete stiff … still, nothing. Then Phil [Jackson] goes on the record and calls Kwame a "p----." Nothing. People in Los Angeles just don't care. When you look at what I've done in L.A., it's amazing, really. I traded the best center in the history of basketball 19 months ago, and all we have to show for it is an unhappy Lamar Odom, Kwame and Brian Grant's eight-figure buyout. And yet, nobody mentions me. No offense, Isiah, but you don't realize how lucky you are -- when you screw up, everyone goes crazy. I built a team in which Smush Parker is our third-best player and the 10th-best guy on the Clippers would play 40 minutes a night for us -- yet does anyone ever talk about me? Of course not. It pisses me off.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#5 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,184 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted August 12, 2012 - 04:22 AM

Mitch.

Mitch acquired these set of players the hard way. Unlike Pat who just signed all three of those goons.

Mitch had to deal with a strict CBA and little money to spend on players.

#6 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:19 AM

No doubt, Mitch.

He doesn't just sign good players, he knows how to make trades for good players.

He turned Kwame into Pau, Odom into Nash, Bynum into Howard.

Lakers are favorites and contenders, again, what more is there to be said?

#7 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:19 AM

TRUE!!!!!!! :rock:

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#8 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Considering Miami's 3 all decided to play together before Pat even visited LeBron or Bosh, I'd say it's Mitch and not even close

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#9 Emorej

Emorej

Rookie

• 162 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:49 AM

Mitch is the best.. during the time that lebron made the decision it is his own decision as a free agent. but in terms of trading no one can beat the best GM Mitch. remember the trade between kwame and pau.

#10 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,019 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted August 12, 2012 - 06:55 AM

Mitch, the Heat big 3 agreed themselves to assemble that "superteam." Pat did a bit of a selling job to LeBron and good work clearing cap space, I'll give him credit for that, but they had already planned it since the 2008 olympics. Kobe-Nash-Howard was far from planned. That was skill on Mitch's part assemble this roster. He's come through when it counts.

#11 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 12, 2012 - 07:04 AM

From 2004 till 2007 everyone wanted Mitch dead.... Since then he has been rolling
Laker fan for life.

#12 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,673 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted August 12, 2012 - 07:44 AM

Both. Why? Cux they have lakers in there blood

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#13 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:06 AM

Both. Why? Cux they have lakers in there blood

Pat was our coach never our GM so thats irrelevant in this discussion...
Laker fan for life.

#14 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,673 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:24 AM

Pat was our coach never our GM so thats irrelevant in this discussion...

He was also a player in the 70s. Same as Mitch in the 80s. Again. Don't test me.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#15 Emorej

Emorej

Rookie

• 162 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted August 12, 2012 - 09:52 AM

^

but being a player is far enough from being a GM.

#16 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,746 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 12, 2012 - 09:57 AM

Mitch. He traded Shaq and Caron for less, yes. He's also turned those trades into legit All-Stars.

He got MEM to trade their best player for cap space and a 2nd round pick...wow.

He got DAL to take a disgruntled player and give us a TPE that was INFINITELY more valuable which resulted in space to sign a player we could NOT have traded the disgruntled player for...super wow.

He drafts the only player that's behind Dwight at his position while spending an entire year showcasing him (while Dwight (was injured and media-retarded during the same season) enabling a trade that lands the only upgrade possible at Center and the next superstar to lead the Lakers after Kobe retires...the very definition of "Sell High, Buy Low"... über wow...

Riley has made only one great move IMHO as HEAT GM. That was landing Shaq in a trade that was eerily similar to the Lakers-ORL 4 team trade with the only difference being Grant's HORRIBLE contract instead of smaller more manageable contracts and MULTIPLE picks. He drafted Wade but that was almost a given. He drafted Beasley (another given) who has been a relative bust. The BIG 3 were an illegal collusive coup by D-Wade and LBJ, NOT Riley...after that, LBJ and WADE attracted vets for near "$free.99"...what did Riley actually do?

Mitch is the best GM in the past decade.

RC Buford is the best executive because he knows how to manage the PAYROLL of a team while finding other people's trash and turning it into useable spare parts WHILE turning a profit. That's good money management. He'd probably be a GREAT GM, MUCH better than Mitch if he had carte blanche...but he doesn't. Mitch does. And he has shown that LAL will always find a way to stay at the top no matter what rules the rest of the league uses to try to handcuff them. Playing CHESS while everyone else plays CHECKERS is why Mitch is the best right now.

Edited by GCMD, August 12, 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#17 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,752 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Mitch

The North Remembers

#18 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 12, 2012 - 11:22 AM

Mitch by a LONGSHOT.

Pat Riley really hasn't made any great TRADES as a GM, more signings like Lebron, Ray Allen, Rashard, and Bosh.
Mitch on the other hand has dealt Kwame for Pau, Luke Walton for Sessions, picks for Steve Nash, and Bynum for Dwight.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#19 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,472 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 12, 2012 - 12:42 PM

Pat never got lebron and bosh they came there becasue wade was there. Pat had nothing to do with it. Mitch actually does trades and everything. If anything lebron or wade is there gm.

#20 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users