• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 11, 2012 - 11:42 PM

Ehh he wont play much. He's got allot of guys to fight for time. Thing is there usually only 9 guys who get real time on a team i think. 5 starters and 4 bench players. So that means he would have to beat out Jamison or hill probably and we did allot to kept hill and to get Jamison. The only reason he is even on this team is cuz we had to match salaries. Trust me if mitch could have only gotten Howard without other players back I bet he would have taken it.

#22 Aonex

Aonex

Rookie

• 99 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Magicman

Posted August 12, 2012 - 04:00 AM

Maybe he'll get some minutes early on while Dwight is out. From there, let's see if he can contribute something to the team.

#23 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:46 AM

why are you guys hyping up clark like he's really good or something

#24 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 12, 2012 - 07:02 AM

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, August 12, 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#25 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,736 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Lol wtf why wasn't Clark present and Jennings took his place?

#26 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,736 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:54 AM

He had a nice game here....not bad he has a decent midrange

#27 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:58 AM

Lol wtf why wasn't Clark present and Jennings took his place?

Jennings didn't show up earlier when his name was announced in the draft.

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 12, 2012 - 09:15 AM

Clark isn't going to produce on the offensive end. He's nothing like Lamar...almost the opposite, actually. He may have been productive on that end of the floor back in Louisville (really, in just his last season), but it never did translate to the pros, and you can tell it won't. Right now, he's a PF that doesn't have enough weight on him to get buckets down low, and he doesn't have the skillset to play the three.

I hope LA doesn't try to stick him behind Dwight in the rotation. He's definitely not a center. Phoenix and Orlando have avoided playing him at center as much as possible since he was drafted in 2008 or 2009 (whenever it was), and his primary position has been the four, anyway.

Earl Clark is our Josh McRoberts. Not the same player, of course, but he's going to fill a similar role: super garbage time PF.

#29 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,841 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted August 12, 2012 - 09:30 AM

Can u stop typing like that? You're such a troll

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#30 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 12, 2012 - 10:35 AM

I LiKe ThE wAy He TyPeS. iT lOoKs CoOl

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#31 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 01:32 PM

He's a small forward to me I don't understand why people feel like he's a power forward

#32 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:15 PM

Clark isn't going to produce on the offensive end. He's nothing like Lamar...almost the opposite, actually. He may have been productive on that end of the floor back in Louisville (really, in just his last season), but it never did translate to the pros, and you can tell it won't. Right now, he's a PF that doesn't have enough weight on him to get buckets down low, and he doesn't have the skillset to play the three.

I hope LA doesn't try to stick him behind Dwight in the rotation. He's definitely not a center. Phoenix and Orlando have avoided playing him at center as much as possible since he was drafted in 2008 or 2009 (whenever it was), and his primary position has been the four, anyway.

Earl Clark is our Josh McRoberts. Not the same player, of course, but he's going to fill a similar role: super garbage time PF.

the odds are against any guy with little experience but how many people thought j hill would still be on this team? lets all find a middle ground between optimism and delusion. you never know, look at jeremy lin, he is a prime example of what can happen when people make assumptions, mind you he still has some proving to do.
i will say they were lucky to get someone with some potential there, better than duhon but still that guy might even do well on this team, i wouldnt bet on it but its not impossible. i would say, he is pretty likely to be buried at the bottom of the bench this season, especially at the 4, but some people are probably thinking further down the line. it would be pretty funny if he ended up the best player of that trade in a few years, as unlikely as that may be lol
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#33 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:23 PM

He's a small forward to me I don't understand why people feel like he's a power forward

well those positions have gotten pretty blurred in todays game, especially with all these tweeners. being 6'10 will pigeon hole you on certain teams, though sf may be his best shot on this roster. you could be right though, i havent seen very much of his game.

oh btw, anyone know if/when they are planning to introduce these 3 guys?

Edited by SweatShop, August 12, 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#34 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:34 PM

Didn't bother reading because you continue to post with your stupid capitals on every damn word.

Seriously, just stop doing it. It's hard to read, and it makes you sound like a five year old in my head when I read it.

#35 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:42 PM

Can u stop typing like that? You're such a troll

You Think I'm Typing Like This To Annoy Or Be A Troll, Dude I'm 18 and Just Graduated, You Think I Would Waste My Time Being A Troll?? Smh, Sorry I Don't Live My Life Thru These Blogs And Forums Like Some Of You Do, I'm Just A Laker Fan Who Visited This Site Since It Was Getgarnett.com, I Have A Life Like Most Of You May Or May Not Have, So Don't Ever Throw That Troll Description Next To My Name, Alight Good. And I Have To Type Like This Cuz My Keyboard Is Messed Up, And That's All You Need To Know, So If You Don't Like The Way My Post Are Or Topics, Time To Time When I Do Them,Don't Comment Them Don't Read Them, That Makes You The Troll.Oh And How Could a Troll Have His Own Picture, Name, A Link To His Facebook Account?? Smhh Some Of You Guys Are To In To This Internet/Blog/Forum Stuff Always Placing Your Opinion When Its Not Even On Subject Of What I'm Speaking On. So Weird. Back To The Topic Please And Thank You.
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#36 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:45 PM

Didn't bother reading because you continue to post with your stupid capitals on every damn word.

Seriously, just stop doing it. It's hard to read, and it makes you sound like a five year old in my head when I read it.

Lmaooo, Who Cares Dog, Don't Read It, Your Acting Like A Kid, Simple As That. You Don't Like The Way I Type, Then Get Off This Topic. Your Wasting You Breath. Effectuated With Someones Typing. :nah:

Posted Image

#37 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:46 PM

You Think I'm Typing Like This To Annoy Or Be A Troll, Dude I'm 18 and Just Graduated, You Think I Would Waste My Time Being A Troll?? Smh, Sorry I Don't Live My Life Thru These Blogs And Forums Like Some Of You Do, I'm Just A Laker Fan Who Visited This Site Since It Was Getgarnett.com, I Have A Life Like Most Of You May Or May Not Have, So Don't Ever Throw That Troll Description Next To My Name, Alight Good. And I Have To Type Like This Cuz My Keyboard Is Messed Up, And That's All You Need To Know, So If You Don't Like The Way My Post Are Or Topics, Time To Time When I Do Them,Don't Comment Them Don't Read Them, That Makes You The Troll.Oh And How Could a Troll Have His Own Picture, Name, A Link To His Facebook Account?? Smhh Some Of You Guys Are To In To This Internet/Blog/Forum Stuff Always Placing Your Opinion When Its Not Even On Subject Of What I'm Speaking On. So Weird. Back To The Topic Please And Thank You.

Didn't read :blush:
To Live and Die in L.A

#38 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:47 PM

the odds are against any guy with little experience but how many people thought j hill would still be on this team? lets all find a middle ground between optimism and delusion. you never know, look at jeremy lin, he is a prime example of what can happen when people make assumptions, mind you he still has some proving to do.
i will say they were lucky to get someone with some potential there, better than duhon but still that guy might even do well on this team, i wouldnt bet on it but its not impossible. i would say, he is pretty likely to be buried at the bottom of the bench this season, especially at the 4, but some people are probably thinking further down the line. it would be pretty funny if he ended up the best player of that trade in a few years, as unlikely as that may be lol

Totally Agree With You, Its Possible He May Never Get Playing Time And Get Waived, Or He Might Be A Hidden Gem. Ala Hill, Ariza, Brown.

Posted Image

#39 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,736 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 02:57 PM

oh my....get a new keyboard then

#40 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 12, 2012 - 03:03 PM

Didn't read :blush:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users