#41 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 11, 2012 - 03:09 AM

I think some of you guys are overreacting, I think the three hour practice was no scrimmage and just basic drills and watching game film, have no problem with that if that's the case

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#42 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 11, 2012 - 05:10 AM

He's never experienced coaching 3 superstars. Will he be able to cope with Dwight, Nash, and Kobe? Really, I think how competent he will be handling them will determine our title run.

Nash is not a superstar dont throw that term around loosely. he can handle it fine he has plenty of assistants to help. the only thing we need to question is will Brown actually play the roster and give Nash, Kobe, & PAu much needed rest during the season.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#43 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted October 11, 2012 - 08:09 AM

Can Mike Brown handle this team?

Hell [expletive]ing no he can't, Mike Brown is a puppet, he needs Phil Jackson to pull his strings.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,137 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 11, 2012 - 09:14 AM

Can Mike Brown handle this team?

Hell [expletive]ing no he can't, Mike Brown is a puppet, he needs Phil Jackson to pull his strings.

LET GO of Phil Jackson. He's already said he can't physically coach anymore. L.I.G it. Let it go.

I think some of you guys are overreacting, I think the three hour practice was no scrimmage and just basic drills and watching game film, have no problem with that if that's the case

Nash already said last night that it was more so a three hour shoot around and he didn't have much issue with it.

So once again it appears people were overreacting.

Edited by Majesty, October 11, 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#45 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,436 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 11, 2012 - 09:35 AM

Nash already said last night that it was more so a three hour shoot around and he didn't have much issue with it.

So once again it appears people were overreacting.

That sounds fine, but its not as if the reactions were unnecessary. There was at least reason for them. Tell me you're not a little weary when you here Nash participated in a 3 hour practice before a game.

#46 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 09:41 AM

That sounds fine, but its not as if the reactions were unnecessary. There was at least reason for them. Tell me you're not a little weary when you here Nash participated in a 3 hour practice before a game.

If Nash didn't have a problem with it, with as much of a hard worker as he is I don't have an issue with it. When the reporters tried to make it seem like a big deal Nash pretty much said that he didn't have an issue with the 3 hour practice, but more so the looong bus ride after it :laughing:

3 hour shootaround isn't a problem at all. IF they had scrimmaged for 3 hours I'd understand. But a 3 hour shootaround, especially when they are going in without Kobe and probably wanted to get Meeks acquainted a little for Kobe's place? No I don't have a problem. Mike Brown said himself that there's a few lineups that he won't be using that he had to use yesterday because of the absence of Hill and the absence of Kobe he said "A couple of these guys aren't really gonna be playing with each other in these rotations so I had to get them acquainted" which makes sense. So no I don't have an issue with a 3 hour shootaround.

#47 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted October 11, 2012 - 09:51 AM

He's already said he can't physically coach anymore.

I'm well aware of what Phil said and his physical condition.

Since I wasn't obvious enough for you, I was insinuating he should come back as a consultant (not as HC).

#48 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,769 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted October 12, 2012 - 06:52 AM

Sure. I have faith in him

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#49 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2012 - 10:43 AM

Zero faith in Mike Brown, total faith in the collective abilities of our best players. Spoelstra could do it relying upon the brilliance of LeBron James, I don't see why our guys can't carry Brown on the way to a title. I don't trust Mike Brown one bit, doubt I ever will. Nice guy, but he has zero command over a team as a head coach.

#50 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 12, 2012 - 11:31 AM

Brown's comments are already starting to make me nervous about his rotations though, and that's something Kobe can't really fix. It took Brown a whole season to realize his offense wasn't working, so I can't say I'm confident in his coaching abilities.

#51 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,302 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 12, 2012 - 11:42 AM

Imagine the stuff we could do if we still had Phil Jax...

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Zero faith in Mike Brown, total faith in the collective abilities of our best players. Spoelstra could do it relying upon the brilliance of LeBron James, I don't see why our guys can't carry Brown on the way to a title. I don't trust Mike Brown one bit, doubt I ever will. Nice guy, but he has zero command over a team as a head coach.

Ah so it's the basic "if this team wins it's due to our team and not our coach" and "if this team loses it's all our coaches fault" mentality....

It's due to the collective efforts of BOTH the player and the coach.

MJ doesn't win without Phil, Phil doesn't win without MJ Phil wouldn't have won anymore without Kobe and Shaq. But without Phil's coaching Kobe and Shaq wouldn't have won 3 straight championships and then Kobe who won 2 more after that.

They all benefited from one another as it's a collective effort. Phil and all his greatness couldn't coach a prime Kobe Bryant to a championship when he scored 35 points a game, and that had to do with the teammates Kobe had around him, Phil's coaching couldn't save that. It takes players talent AND coaches to mesh in order to win championships.

MIke Brown has already showed he will bench a player if they do something stupid or detrimental to the team in his mind. He's also stood up to Kobe when Kobe wanted to play before the last game and when Kobe said "what if I want to fight you on it" Brown responded "you can fight all you want, but it's done."

Don't know why people label Brown as soft and not able to stand up to his players when if you ask any player that's in a training camp with them he works them harder than they've been worked before, even Nash admits this.

Brown will forever not get the credit he deserves because he's the guy who followed Phil Jackson. The man could help lead us to a 9 loss season and they will say it was all the players and none of Mike Brown. When we win, it's only because of the players, when we lose it's all on the coach.

Here's the real case

When we win, it's because of everybody

When we lose, it's because of everybody.

Unless he did something extremely stupid like sitting Wilt in the final moments of a game 7 against the Celtics then the loss won't be on him.

I trust MB with this team, because we didn't tank last year despite the lack of preparation time and no bench whatsoever.

So the fact that he's getting to know everything about his players and getting them into condition(in Gasol and Jamison's case) and using the pre-season like a coach should use a pre-season. But he gets crap for it.

Imagine the stuff we could do if we still had Phil Jax...

Imagine if Kareem found a time machine and Dwight came off the bench for him this year.

Because that has about the same probability of happening. let it go. Phil isn't coming back as a coach for us.

Edited by Majesty, October 12, 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#53 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ah so it's the basic "if this team wins it's due to our team and not our coach" and "if this team loses it's all our coaches fault" mentality....

That's not at all it. But I can pinpoint a lot of problems of last season to Mike Brown specifically, all starting with the offense that he implemented and wouldn't change. Rotations as well, that's not something the players can control.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:17 PM

That's not at all it. But I can pinpoint a lot of problems of last season to Mike Brown specifically, all starting with the offense that he implemented and wouldn't change. Rotations as well, that's not something the players can control.

No prepare time and no time to work on things can do that. Despite that Mike didn't want to go into that direction this year at all and changed up things. He gets no credit for taking Kobe's advice on the Princeton and hiring Eddie Jordan, he gets no credit for bringing in another great defensive coach that has a similar defensive style to Tom T. He gets no credit for bringing in Bernie and vastly improving our coaching staff.

People bring up last years issues but are first to ignore what's relevant now, which is we have a very good offensive system and a good coaching staff that if Mike Brown didn't want he wouldn't have hired.

It's just like the people that focus on MWP's horrible start to last year and mark his late surge as irrelevant, then he came into this year with the same intensity and is playing great.

So people are gonna focus on Mike Brown's mistakes last year and completely ignore the improvements he's made this year.

The guy can't win no matter what he does, even if we win he won't get credit.

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Brown has to get it done this year. no excuses

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,223 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:23 PM

Mike Brown is somewhat akin to a Lame-Duck head coach.

Does anyone think Kobe ends his playing career with Mike Brown?

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:40 PM

Mike Brown is somewhat akin to a Lame-Duck head coach.

Does anyone think Kobe ends his playing career with Mike Brown?

He'll end it with Mike Brown and 3 more championships.

#58 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:42 PM

Nice, hash out the same excuses from last season. Comparing Brown to Phil is laughable because Phil could command a team. He had a presence that demanded the respect of the players on this team. When was the last time we saw a player openly defying Phil Jackson on the bench? Mike Brown does not command that respect. He is not a good head coach and it has been my stance since day one. Brown only helped to justify it with his terrible job last season. No training camp or preparation time has been an awfully convenient excuse for the last year. He wasn't the only coach that had to adjust to those conditions.

Mike Brown is a bad head coach. He was bad in Cleveland, and he was bad in his first season here. He installed an offense that had zero hope of working out last season (evident early on, RD pointed it out before the season even began), our defense was actually worse than it was under Phil Jackson (despite Brown being a so-called defensive guru), and he commands zero respect from the personnel. I don't care if he's likable to the players, that doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to head coaching. From what I've seen of him via interviews, talking to the media, and the general behind the scenes stuff, he tries too hard to endear himself to his players as one of the guys. That doesn't work; a coach needs to establish his presence and command the respect of the team. He hasn't done that, and I don't expect that he will.

You trust him because we didn't tank? Wow, such high standards. I don't trust him because of his decisions from last season and his inability to make any adjustments when we needed them.

Hated the hiring from day one but I gave him a chance early last season. 3 weeks in, I knew things weren't going to get much better. I saw Steve Blake get major minutes at two guard, a rotation that wasn't set even a round into the postseason, Kobe Bryant logging 100 out of a possible 106 minutes in a back-to-back set with two games going into OT, and many other mishaps throughout the season. These aren't due to a shortened training camp or preseason, but because he doesn't know a damn thing about running a team. It was on full display throughout his tenure in Cleveland where he was unable to install any set offensive system and when he was destroyed in the playoffs due to an inability to adjust to the opposition (Dwight Howard in '09, Rondo in '10).

This team is talented enough to win a title, we have every necessary component. It comes down to whether or not Mike Brown will [expletive] us over with his lack of coaching ability. We have three of the smartest players in the game on this roster alongside one of the best defensive anchors in league history. As long as Mike Brown doesn't do anything inherently stupid, we should be able to contend for a title. Talented players can hide the flaws of an incapable coach, it's been like that for decades now.

I trust Kobe and Nash to lead this team, not Mike Brown.

#59 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 12, 2012 - 03:01 PM

man you really hate Brown lol

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#60 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 03:09 PM

It was a nightmare when I found out that the Lakers hired him. After years of making fun of him for being a [expletive]ty head coach, he was now in charge of my favorite team. What a horrible turn of events.

I don't have much faith in this:

Nice guy, would be great as an assistant, but a terrible head coach.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users