Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted August 12, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#103 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Let's keep it going in here. D12 thread part 2

Jk

#104 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Check out the new sig.
htCCl0m.png

#105 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 09:12 PM

No behind the scenes video? I like those, especially with big acquisitions.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#106 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,239 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 12, 2012 - 09:14 PM

No behind the scenes video? I like those, especially with big acquisitions.

I know I keep waiting for it.

#107 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,399 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted August 13, 2012 - 06:54 AM

Skip lost his damn mind!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#108 lalakers91

lalakers91

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Name:fan
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard,

Posted August 13, 2012 - 07:48 AM

Dwight Howard dreams of Hollywood acting future

#109 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,571 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:23 AM

LMAO

#110 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:32 AM

The Minnesota Timberwolves declined a trade offer to acquire Andrew Bynum. The deal likely would have included Derrick Williams, who has been at the centerpiece of Timberwolves trade offers for Pau Gasol over the last few months. General Manager David Kahn is confident in Nikola Pekovic at the center position, who could be in line for a huge contract extension next offseason.

Via Charley Walters, Pioneer Press
Before the Los Angeles Lakers traded Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers, the Lakers tried to peddle Bynum to the Timberwolves, who said no thanks. .... The Timberwolves are 100-to-1 odds to win the NBA championship next season, according to the Bovada Las Vegas betting service.

IAMAGM

Edited by #GameTime, August 13, 2012 - 10:27 AM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:26 AM

LMAO

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WwdQOEzuVYQ

Lol @ the Portland announcers completely overreacting. So sensitive.

yo.

#112 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 13, 2012 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#113 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted August 13, 2012 - 12:24 PM

Lol @ the Portland announcers completely overreacting. So sensitive.

The Blazers announcers are big homers.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#114 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted August 13, 2012 - 01:21 PM

LMAO

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WwdQOEzuVYQ

Good ol' Mike Rice and his biased commentary. He, Tommy Heinsohn, and Sean Elliot are the most biased commentators in the league. It's disgusting. Lol.

Posted Image

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 01:24 PM

^ In response to these last two posts, indeed accurate. I've gotten' league pass for like the past 5 or 6 years or so and I've gotten' well used to these guys. They are the worst no doubt.

yo.

#116 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,821 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2012 - 01:31 PM

IAMAGM

I'm convinced that something is wrong with Derrick Williams. Not even Michael Beasley was shopped this hard by the Heat after turning out to be a bust.

#117 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted August 13, 2012 - 01:33 PM

IAMAGM

Minnesota turned down an offer for Bynum that didn't include Love? :laughing:

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, August 13, 2012 - 01:33 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#118 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,223 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm convinced that something is wrong with Derrick Williams. Not even Michael Beasley was shopped this hard by the Heat after turning out to be a bust.

Michael Beasley had skills. Derrick Williams can dunk and spot up shoot. He's useless without creators
Posted Image

#119 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 13, 2012 - 02:29 PM

http://sportsradioin...les-lakers-nba/

When Dwight Howard made it clear that his relationship with the Orlando Magic was beyond repair, the new front office in Orlando went in search of the best deal. There was no way they were going to get close to equal value back in return for the best center in the NBA. There were too many factors working against them. But after months of conversations, the Magic finally found a deal that they felt worked best. In a four-team blockbuster, Howard has finally gotten his wish. he has been shipped out of Orlando. Even though LA was not his preferred destination, he can’t help but to be thrilled about the way things have ended up for him. He wanted to compete for championships and has that opportunity. He wanted to play with an elite point guard and now he gets to share the floor with two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash. And it appeared that he wanted to play in a bigger market and now he is in Hollywood. The way Howard handled things were horrible from day one, but he got his wish and now he and the Lakers will both benefit from it as the Magic search for another superstar. One more willing to stay in the Magic Kingdom.

Dwight Howard joined Fox Sports Radio with Petros and Money to talk about how excited he is to be a member of the Lakers, how tough this past season has been for him, whether he has talked to Kobe Bryant since getting traded to LA, what he was thinking when the Lakers traded for Steve Nash given his desire to play with a top point guard, what he expects his role to be with the offense and if it is true that his number one team on his list was Brooklyn.

How excited he is to be a member of the Lakers:

“I’m so excited right now. It’s hard to talk. It’s just crazy. This day has been amazing and blessed to have this opportunity to put on a Lakers jersey.”

How tough this past season has been for him:

“It was very tough, it was very stressful for a while but I decided that I’m just going to focus on my rehab and focus on getting better and focus on getting stronger instead of focusing on what is going on around me. Just really focus on me and getting healthy.”

Whether he has talked to Kobe Bryant since getting traded to LA:

“We had a conversation yesterday. We had a great conversation. We’re both looking forward to it. He said he’s very happy for me and he’s said he’s looking forward to it. I’m looking forward to it. I think it’s going to be a great opportunity for myself and it’s going to be a great opportunity for Kobe and all of us to learn from each other. I’m looking forward to it.”

What he was thinking when the Lakers traded for Steve Nash:

“I was just like ‘wow they got Steve Nash. Oh man. What would happen if I played for the Lakers?’ It’s happening now. It’s here. Just looking forward to stepping on the floor and seeing everything happen.”

What he expects his role to be with the Lakers:

“I just want to dominate on both ends of the floor. That’s all I want to do. I’m not going to focus on the offensive side and trying to worry about how many shot attempts I get but remember that we’re trying to win a championship and we all have to make sacrifices to win. That’s basically what I want to do. Whatever sacrifice I have to make, make it so our team can win a championship.”

How his back is feeling following surgery:

“It’s progressing great. My back is getting a lot stronger every day and hopefully the doctor clears me to play before the season. If not I’m going to continue to stay patient and continue to rehab and continue to get my back stronger. My health is the most important thing right now and I’m gonna make sure that I’m 100 percent before I step back on the floor.”

If it is true that Brooklyn was number one on his list:

“The Lakers have always been a team that I would love to play for. The first team on my list was Brooklyn. All that is in the past right now. I’m here in LA and I’m ready to start my new career.”

Here is the Audio

Edited by Chad, August 13, 2012 - 02:41 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#120 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2012 - 03:33 PM

I woke up this morning and while I was still half asleep by instinct I grabbed my phone to check twitter updates to see what I had missed in the D12 saga, as I had been doing almost every morning this summer. It was an awesome moment to just stand there and think for a second, I don't have to do that anymore cuz we got him now :rock: :rock: :rock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users