Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 20, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Who was it that thinks Romo is a great QB

L

Me and I'm not backing off from that. Anyone who knows football knows that Romo is one of the best in the game. He just doesn't have the support around him that's necessary. Sure he's got some nice weapons on the outside, but one of those weapons in Miles Austin is always hurt. The offensive line is garbage. Arguably the worst in the league. The defense has been awful for serveral years. Just look at today's game. Baltimore and San Fran both shut out their opponents in the second half. When was the last time Dallas did that? Being a long [expletive]ing time. You people love to pin it all on Romo, but fact of the matter is football is a team game. Always has and will be.
htCCl0m.png

• 40,404 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:19 PM

meh nothing offensive about it imo

Actually I saw an interview with ESPN right after the game with Lewis and he took exception to it. In fact he said he was hurt by it, that he respects this game too much and was real emotional.

Edited by    , January 20, 2013 - 10:44 PM.

yo.

#964 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 21, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Me and I'm not backing off from that. Anyone who knows football knows that Romo is one of the best in the game. He just doesn't have the support around him that's necessary. Sure he's got some nice weapons on the outside, but one of those weapons in Miles Austin is always hurt. The offensive line is garbage. Arguably the worst in the league. The defense has been awful for serveral years. Just look at today's game. Baltimore and San Fran both shut out their opponents in the second half. When was the last time Dallas did that? Being a long [expletive]ing time. You people love to pin it all on Romo, but fact of the matter is football is a team game. Always has and will be.

lmao

He just doesn't have the support around him that's necessary.

Dez Bryant
Jason Witten
Miles Austin
Demarco Murray

Miles Austin nearly had 1000 yds receiving and had two straight 1000 yds a couple seasons ago

Jason Witten had another 1000 yard season

Dez Bryant had nearly 1400 yards receiving

Demarco Murray is plenty talented

The defense has been awful for serveral years

Dallas had a top ten rush defense last season, top 12 the season before that. Dallas defensive issues are in the secondary (which is why they drafted Claiborne). Just because your defense doesn't match up to San Fran and Baltimore defenses doesn't mean it's "awful".

Romo is a solid QB. He's no Brady, Rodgers, Manning (both), Brees, Ryan

Edited by Windu, January 21, 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#965 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Are you kidding me? Jim and John Harbaugh are in Super Bowl, and their brother-in-law's basketball team (Indiana) is about to be No. 1?!

That is one hell of a family

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#966 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 750 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Shhhhh.

Shhhhhh.

#967 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Sean Payton reinstated

http://espn.go.com/n...ated-suspension

The NFL reinstated New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton on Tuesday from his season-long suspension as a result of the league's investigation into the team's bounty program.

The league said the decision to reinstate Payton was made after a meeting between the coach and commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday in New Orleans.

"We had a very productive discussion," Goodell said in a statement.

"Sean fully complied with all the requirements imposed on him during his suspension. More important, it is clear that Sean understands and accepts his responsibilities as a head coach and the vital role that coaches play in promoting player safety and setting an example for how the game should be played at all levels. We are committed to delivering football that fans love and the safety players deserve. Coach Payton agrees and I look forward to working with him going forward to do that."

The NFL said Payton is allowed to attend Senior Bowl practices in Mobile, Ala., this week and resume his duties with the team.

"I am thankful today Commissioner Goodell has granted me reinstatement. As I stated back in March, 'I, along with Mickey Loomis, take full responsibility for all aspects of our football program.' I clearly recognize that mistakes were made, which led to league violations," Payton said in a statement.

"Furthermore, I have assured the Commissioner a more diligent protocol will be followed. Lastly, I feel we have learned from our mistakes and are ready to move forward. I want to thank our owner, Mr. Benson and all of our great fans for the overwhelming support throughout this past year. I am excited to be back as Head Coach of the New Orleans Saints!"

Edited by Windu, January 22, 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#968 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Romo is a solid QB. He's no Brady, Rodgers, Manning (both), Brees, Ryan

Agreed, he's not great, he's good, but not great. With the talent Romo has and had in Dallas, Drew Brees could have easily won 2 superbowls

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

• 40,404 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sean Payton reinstated

http://espn.go.com/n...ated-suspension

Saints will be back quickly. Brees & Payton back together will be like Brady & Belichik together back at work.

yo.

#970 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,040 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 23, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#971 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image

haha

Posted Image

#972 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 04:12 PM

EJ Manuel is separating himself on the Senior Bowl, he was almost in Oregon with Kelly, Philly has the 4th pick, I'll say get him Chip!

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#973 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 05:27 PM

EJ Manuel is separating himself on the Senior Bowl, he was almost in Oregon with Kelly, Philly has the 4th pick, I'll say get him Chip!

wait wait wait...you wanna use the 4TH OVERALL PICK on EJ Manuel? lol

Slow your roll. There's like 7 or 8 QBs rated higher than him

Pau Gasol is GONE

#974 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 05:33 PM

wait wait wait...you wanna use the 4TH OVERALL PICK on EJ Manuel? lol

Slow your roll. There's like 7 or 8 QBs rated higher than him

I dont know if 7 or 8, Im just saying he´s doing great on the Senior Bowl trainings, if he keeps it up, why not? What can we get on FA? Alex Smith? Its not like we will get RG3 in those other guys that are ranked ahead of him, and some of them are dropback classic QBs, and they're not Andrew Luck either, so, if we're taking a chance, I might as well go with this guy, he played the whole season with his mom fighting cancer, he's got poise, just needs a shot and a system where he can develop not throwing the ball like he's Andrew Luck

Edited by fedefox, January 24, 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image
I REP THAT WEST

• 40,404 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Michael Vick will re-invent himself under Kelly and learn how to take notes from Kaepernick & Russell Wilson on minimizing potential injury & hits by sliding more often and taking what the defense gives you running out of bounds.

yo.

#976 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 05:48 PM

I dont know if 7 or 8, Im just saying he´s doing great on the Senior Bowl trainings, if he keeps it up, why not? What can we get on FA? Alex Smith? Its not like we will get RG3 in those other guys that are ranked ahead of him, and some of them are dropback classic QBs, and they're not Andrew Luck either, so, if we're taking a chance, I might as well go with this guy, he played the whole season with his mom fighting cancer, he's got poise, just needs a shot and a system where he can develop not throwing the ball like he's Andrew Luck

The senior bowl is one thing but his overall body of work is a better indication of his value.

Geno Smith
Tyler Bray
Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon
Tyler Wilson
Ryan Nassib
Landry Jones

all of those guys are probably rated ahead of him right now. a lot could change depending on his combine

Pau Gasol is GONE

#977 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 27, 2013 - 12:05 PM

I know the Pro Bowl doesn't mean much to others and I don't watch all of it, but I would miss it. It's the last time you get to see your favorite players until August. Last year was awful, but I was ok with the Pro Bowl before that. I get that the players don't want risk injury in an exhibition, so I know to lower my standards for that. They just shouldn't be as bad as last year.

Posted Image

#978 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted January 27, 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'll probably check in with it every now and then but it's garbage

Edited by Windu, January 27, 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#979 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 27, 2013 - 03:33 PM

Damn it sucks its the off season pretty much... So long until Panthers football is back
Posted Image

#980 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,040 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:33 AM

• Posted Image

Edited by Mr Terrific, January 29, 2013 - 10:33 AM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users