• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 18, 2012 - 08:02 PM

R.Wilson ownin

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#43 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 19, 2012 - 05:47 AM

if your team doesn't have a QB and/or an exceptional defense, don't even think about making the SB

Pau Gasol is GONE

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,872 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted August 19, 2012 - 02:54 PM

^haha

Posted Image

#46 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 04:57 PM

Steelers were getting after Luck. He seems to have settled down a little bit

Pau Gasol is GONE

#47 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Chargers offense is starting to get me worried. Gaither, Matthews, and now Brown all injured. I do not think we can survive on D. We sucked at 3rd down defense last season. Our offense needs to be healthy.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#48 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 04:29 PM

lol @ Brady needing rest

Pau Gasol is GONE

#49 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 10:31 AM

Posted Image
Rivera: TE Olsen ready to join league's elite

Coach Ron Rivera believes "it's possible" that TE Greg Olsen could put up numbers similar to Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham.
"This will be his first real opportunity with us to step up and be the starting tight end and be the guy," said Rivera. "You watch him catch footballs and you watch him run routes and you see those traits that say you can fit right into that group. We're excited about it." Olsen combined with Jeremy Shockey for 82 catches and 995 yards last season. Shockey is no longer on the roster.

------------------
http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/plans-74584-big-charlotte.html

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#50 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted August 21, 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yeah Olsen is a beast... Wouldn't be shocked at all.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#51 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Between his continually running TV ads for Gatorade and Under Armour and now his appearance on the cover of the September issue of GQ, it seems like Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is everywhere.

In reality, Newton's world often is limited to a square mile of uptown Charlotte, with most of his time spent at his condo and his home away from home – the locker room, meeting rooms and practice fields at Bank of America Stadium.

Newton has quickly become the biggest celebrity the Panthers organization has ever known, but his teammates say his head hasn't grown in proportion to his fame.

"He's just one of the guys," left tackle Jordan Gross said. "We've never had a guy that gets as much attention in the media as he does since I've been on the team. A lot of times that can put some distance between you and your teammates, but Cam fits in great."

Just one year into his NFL career, Newton already has reached the rare status of being on a first-name basis with the entire country. Simply say "Cam" in conversation, and almost everybody knows who you're talking about (except that girl I went to high school with a few miles from Chapel Hill who claimed she had never heard of Michael Jordan).

Rarer still is how Newton has remained the same person in the Panthers locker room through it all.

"He's a mega superstar already," linebacker Jon Beason said. "During my career, there's been one Gatorade guy. That was Peyton Manning. Who's Gatorade now? Cam Newton, all by himself.

"But I'm impressed with how he deals with the fame, staying grounded and knowing he still needs to work and prepare to be better."

If anything, Newton has become an even better teammate as his profile has risen. Gross is among those to note Newton's maturation as he has embraced the leadership role expected of NFL quarterbacks.

"There are certain positions in this league where you know leadership comes with the price of admission," Newton said. "There are going to be good days and there are going to be bad days, but lucky for me I've got guys like Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross, Jon Beason, Steve Smith - guys that have made their mark in this league. I don't know all the answers, but at least I've got guys like that who I can go to and talk about it."

The Panthers knew Newton was going to be the talk of the town – and well beyond – once his 2011 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year season concluded and he had some time to pursue opportunities beyond football.

They trusted him, however, to never truly put football on the backburner, and he responded in kind.

"We talked about that in late February, early March about what he was going to be doing. He was very forthright about it, and we have no issue," Panthers head coach Ron Rivera said. "The biggest thing is that he understands that once we're in season, it's time for him to work, and his focus and attention is about what we're doing."

That's been the case to the nth degree. When a reporter asked Newton early in training camp what he thought of all the attention he received during the offseason, Newton didn't even want to talk about it.

"It was alright," he muttered. "Just trying to focus on football right now."

Before he was drafted, Newton famously said he wanted to become an "entertainer and icon." He's quickly becoming that along Madison Avenue, which is fine with the Panthers as long as he's excelling at his day job on the corner of Mint and Morehead.

"Anytime you back it up on the field, it's all good with me," defensive end Charles Johnson said. "He's the face of this team because he's a monster on the field. I'm just glad he's on our team instead of someone else's."

Cam the young gawd.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#52 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image
P. Manning is having issues throwing to right

Peyton Manning has reportedly had issues throwing to his right.
ESPN's John Clayton and Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. have both picked up on this. Per Clayton, Manning is still having problems when trying to throw to his right for more than 10 yards. It's a reminder that Peyton has had three recent neck surgeries, is 36 years old and has shown signs of diminishing arm strength.

----------------
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/47190/peyton-manning-working-to-find-right-way

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#53 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,264 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Glen Rice

Posted August 22, 2012 - 12:50 PM

Go Chargers and Eagles! :rock:

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#54 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,487 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted August 22, 2012 - 02:19 PM

Chargers and Ravens!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#55 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image
Even with offensive holes, the D, run game could win NFC West

The Seattle Seahawks really, really like their young defense. There is a general excitement about where that young group is and where it is going. But to the coaches, execs, and even some players in this organization, the offense is much more of a work in progress.

There are questions at quarterback. There is a pretty wide, sweeping open competition going on for spots at wide receiver. And, as one team source said, "my biggest concern is the offensive line." So clearly this team could be a bit unbalanced this season.

The good news is that last year a team led by Alex Smith won the division. And the year before that, a team led by an aging Matt Hasselbeck won the division (these very Seahawks). The is an overall passing deficiency in the NFC West, and though they are at varying stages of health, and varying stages of their careers, receivers like Sidney Rice, Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards all have done big things at times in this league ... just not so much lately.
Of course, the run game will carry the day. No doubt about that. Marshawn Lynch will take on a heavy load and this will be a throwback team built on ground control, a menacing defense and probably the NFL's best home-field advantage. If they can sustain a vertical threat through Rice, Edwards or T.O., then all the better. Matt Flynn will be asked to more or less manage games and come up with a few big plays here and there ... Which sounds an awful lot like the 49ers' template a year ago, and we all know how that went.

On paper, they feel good about it all, but games aren’t played on paper, the front office is eager to see how everyone gels, and if they can in fact strike up some chemistry, than a shot at the division is within reach.

--------------------------
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19872807/seahawks-camp-report-even-with-offensive-holes-the-d-run-game-could-win-nfc-west

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#56 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted August 24, 2012 - 02:10 AM

Their division is HORRIBLE so sure Seattle could win it.
htCCl0m.png

#57 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 01:13 PM

So glad Rivers won't play tonight. The dude is going to get killed with all the injuries we have right now with the o-line.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#58 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 04:02 PM

Chicago Bears @ NY Giants on CBS

NOW

Pau Gasol is GONE

#59 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 05:01 PM

All bout Seahawks

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#60 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 05:55 PM

All bout Seahawks

Bobby starting. :coffee:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic