264 replies to this topic

#201 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2012 - 03:42 PM

Jamison should be a better pick up than Martin(for this team), he should be a great pick up.but thanks to Potatoe Head, hes not. Jamison cant beat a single SF off the dribble,,,so his shot better be goin, and its not... Jamison had twenty 20point games last season where he shot 45% or more in the game,,,,he can be efficient at the 4...
once dwight is healthy and can grab every rebound,,,if mike brown doesnt play this lineup for Nash,,, ill smack him - nash,meeks,kobe,jamison,dwight. pick and roll with dwight all day in that lineup= open shots for shooters.

we all know this, Jamison needs to play the 4, with Nash, and Meeks needs to play with Nash. mike brown is a piece of [expletive]ing [expletive]

btw martin = Hill ,exactly, with a J,tho ,,,,,compare them two..

So your blaming Mike Brown for him playing so crappy?

#202 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2012 - 03:46 PM

Meeks signed for $1.4 million. Pietrus won't play for that kind of money...it's near the vet's minimum, and Pietrus' agent came out and stated he "wasn't a vet minimum player" (or something along those lines). He also had his knee problem last season, which hurt his numbers a bit...and, well, he says he feels much, much better, so he's going to believe that he can get more from teams that will allow him to play bigger minutes. Otherwise, he has an offer overseas that he can pick up.

• 40,604 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 03:54 PM

Delonte West, Mickael Pietrus, Kenyon Martin, all available, all contributors at different positions. Our biggest need and help would be West, then Pietrus, last K-Mart.

yo.

#204 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 05, 2012 - 03:59 PM

I still feel that Martin would have been a better pick up than Jamison.... It's funny how everybody calls you stupid and your post a joke but when you end up being right about the players everybody was drooling over then nobody has anything to say.....

I was against the whole Steve Nash thing based off of how bad our defense on the perimeter was last year and was hoping the would bring in more younger athletic defensive players... I appreciate that we have Nash and I hope he can contribute more than what he has on offense to cancel out his horrible defense...

I was also against Jamison a player who wasn't good offensively and more than bad on defense.... I knew he was going to be the scrub he has played up to this point but there is A LOT more season left so hopefully he can just play good enough for this 1 YEAR so we can win a championship.... hopefully he pulls a Shane Battier LOL miss EVERY SINGLE 3 and become lights out in the finals lol

This is why http://lakernation.c...im/page__st__20

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#205 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:28 PM

Delonte West, Mickael Pietrus, Kenyon Martin, all available, all contributors at different positions. Our biggest need and help would be West, then Pietrus, last K-Mart.

If we had Phil Jackson, I'd take Delonte in a heartbeat. I'm just not sure if it would be good now.

And if I recall correctly, you did ask me about that in another topic, since Brown is our coach (and he coached Delonte in Cleveland)...but things just seem much different. Delonte is different. He's struggling to find a role on a team, not making the money he was in Cleveland, and he's more unstable than he was a few years ago (just my observation).

I see Brown refusing to play Meeks, and it makes me wonder how West would handle a situation like that...seeing someone like Darius Morris get playing time over him. West is five times the player Morris is...but would Brown sit him an entire game, and play Morris instead? I really don't know, possibly so...and that's where I think Lakers management has to sit back and think about what could be a waste of money + a chemistry-obliterating move.

Pietrus...spoke about him above. He won't be here unless someone like Kobe, Nash or Dwight talk him into taking vet's minimum and a small role, and I think he would rather go overseas, make more money, and wait for an opportunity to come back.

K-Mart...Buss probably thinks paying a 35-year old player vet's minimum (x2 because of the luxury tax), to play 15 minutes or less a game, doesn't make much sense...and that Sacre's development is more important. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that is the idea.

#206 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:35 PM

This is why http://lakernation.c...im/page__st__20

Do you have that Favorited or something?? and everything I have said has been true so I could care less

#207 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,738 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Do you have that Favorited or something?? and everything I have said has been true so I could care less

no because youre the most hypocritical poster here.

#208 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:33 PM

Nah I just go back to page 3.

#209 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:52 PM

no because youre the most hypocritical poster here.

Not at all

#210 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:03 PM

So your blaming Mike Brown for him playing so crappy?

yes.... hes playing out of position...

#211 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Ill take . But isnt DW still employed by the mavs?
Posted Image

#212 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ill take . But isnt DW still employed by the mavs?

no! he has been officially WAIVED, i believe he was Waived, i know hes no longer a MAV,tho

#213 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Pietrus is garbage idk why everybody wants this guy so bad... He's a player on the decline that hasn't preformed well since the Magic smh

#214 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Get petrius And drop ebanks
Posted Image

#215 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:07 AM

don't really like Pietrus

Pau Gasol is GONE

#216 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:30 AM

Get Delonte & drop Morris! Delonte can play PG & SG -- he knows Browns system plus he solid in PnR. Yea he maybe cr8z but so was MWP b4 Kobe smack his a$$ in check! He will do the same to West. IF West losses his cool didnt we just deal with a cr8z guy on the roster who was unreliable (meaning Bynum) yet he still produced from time to time.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#217 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 10:05 AM

yes.... hes playing out of position...

Maybe Mike Brown thinks his defense is too bad to play at the 4 and even if the 3 passes him by we atleast have Pau Dwight or Hill for help

#218 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Pietrus is garbage idk why everybody wants this guy so bad... He's a player on the decline that hasn't preformed well since the Magic smh

Must be because he shot 41% and 43% from the floor with Orlando...so I'm assuming that's your argument, because otherwise, you don't have any reason to say what you did. He was in the "four out, one in" offense, where a majority of his shot attempts were three-pointers (and he shot 36% and 38% from three)...so his overall FG% will dip.

Pietrus had around 80% of his jumpshots assisted, and with a similar number, took around 81% of his shots from jumper-range (19% inside).

Where did Pietrus have his best defensive numbers? In his three best defensive seasons...he played in Boston (just last year) and Orlando twice. Four of his five years in Golden State (to start his career) were bad, and his short stint in Phoenix was his worst on the defensive end.

For being Kobe's height, he's actually a good rebounder...pulls down similar amounts of boards per 36 minutes of play.

In addition to that, since the 2007 season, he has never turned the ball over more than 1.5 times (on average) per 36 minutes of play, so his turnovers aren't an issue.

In his first five seasons in the league, Pietrus averaged over 4 fouls a night (again, per 36, so we can compare to an even playing field) in four of those seasons...including a pretty bad 5.5 FPG average in 2008. Since then? Well, he has never reached over 3.4 a game.

So tell me once again...what makes you think he started getting bad once he played for Orlando? Everything points to him having a bad career in his first five years at Golden State, then seeing a leap in defensive numbers, less turnovers, less fouls, more threes attempted and maintaining high 3PT percentages...so I'm just curious as to why you think otherwise.

#219 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Must be because he shot 41% and 43% from the floor with Orlando...so I'm assuming that's your argument, because otherwise, you don't have any reason to say what you did. He was in the "four out, one in" offense, where a majority of his shot attempts were three-pointers (and he shot 36% and 38% from three)...so his overall FG% will dip.

Pietrus had around 80% of his jumpshots assisted, and with a similar number, took around 81% of his shots from jumper-range (19% inside).

Where did Pietrus have his best defensive numbers? In his three best defensive seasons...he played in Boston (just last year) and Orlando twice. Four of his five years in Golden State (to start his career) were bad, and his short stint in Phoenix was his worst on the defensive end.

For being Kobe's height, he's actually a good rebounder...pulls down similar amounts of boards per 36 minutes of play.

In addition to that, since the 2007 season, he has never turned the ball over more than 1.5 times (on average) per 36 minutes of play, so his turnovers aren't an issue.

In his first five seasons in the league, Pietrus averaged over 4 fouls a night (again, per 36, so we can compare to an even playing field) in four of those seasons...including a pretty bad 5.5 FPG average in 2008. Since then? Well, he has never reached over 3.4 a game.

So tell me once again...what makes you think he started getting bad once he played for Orlando? Everything points to him having a bad career in his first five years at Golden State, then seeing a leap in defensive numbers, less turnovers, less fouls, more threes attempted and maintaining high 3PT percentages...so I'm just curious as to why you think otherwise.

He also got almost 20 minutes a game for the play offs and shot HORRIBLY from the field I would average out to be about between 32% from the field and about 22% from the arc but he's a good pick up right?

I said Pietrus was good with the Magic and is now declining, but I guess your trying to twist my words into saying that he played bad for the magic which I didn't say or imply I said "He's a player on the decline that hasn't preformed well since the Magic smh" meaning that after the magic he hasn't been playing that well stop trying to twist my words

Edited by Cj2008nw, November 06, 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#220 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 11:29 AM

:snack:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users