Photo

Kobe's place in the top ten this season?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted August 08, 2012 - 12:57 AM

I heard this guy from Chicago was on top the league when he was 35.

I don't think he had guys like lebron and kd to go against.

#62 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 08, 2012 - 01:05 AM

It'll be
1) Lebron - WITHOUT A DOUBT HONESTLY!!! MVP, MVP FINALS AND NBA CHAMP

2) Durant - great player

3) CP3 - best PG in the league

4) Howard - probably dropped due to injury and dropping out of favour with the media

5) Kobe - gets up a couple spots due to Rose, Dirk and Wadd dropping

I think the media will put Wade ahead of Kobe though they suck lol.... But guys putting Kobe in the top 2 or even top 3 sorry but take your homer glasses off Kobe is 34 years old and out of his prime..
Laker fan for life.

#63 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted August 08, 2012 - 01:13 AM

It'll be
1) Lebron - WITHOUT A DOUBT HONESTLY!!! MVP, MVP FINALS AND NBA CHAMP

2) Durant - great player

3) CP3 - best PG in the league

4) Howard - probably dropped due to injury and dropping out of favour with the media

5) Kobe - gets up a couple spots due to Rose, Dirk and Wadd dropping

I think the media will put Wade ahead of Kobe though they suck lol.... But guys putting Kobe in the top 2 or even top 3 sorry but take your homer glasses off Kobe is 34 years old and out of his prime..

Why is that we have homer glasses if we say Kobe is a top 3 player? He is. He's a GREAT, GREAT player still. He may not be in his prime, but he's still a top 3 player in the game. Playing next to Nash will really help his game out. I predict Kobe will get his best player title back this season.
htCCl0m.png

#64 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted August 08, 2012 - 05:53 AM

Believe me I've been watching Lebron for years while all my friends hopped on the bandwagon when he was in cleveland and now jump on the Heat wagon I've studied all his games and what he's good and bad at and all his drawbacks.... I don't understand this facination with a player who is afraid to take the last shot and that can't consistently knock down jumpers and recently got TORCHED by John Lucas III in the regular season..... I'm sorry but I'm not impressed AT ALL and probably will never be too many gapping holes in his game for me to be a fan

I mean, LeBron is the best player in the world.

#65 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 05:58 AM

I don't like the guy, he refers to himself in the third person, he had never won a ring, etc. I refused to admit it until the 2010-2011 season, but there's no question who the best player in the league is now.

On another note, as amazing as Chris Paul is, I don't think he impacts the game as much as some other players. LBJ, the Kobster, KD, DH12, even Dwayne Wade... these guys can just single-handedly destroy another team. I don't think it's fair to rank any other guard above Kobe at this point.

#66 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 07:42 AM

I don't like the guy, he refers to himself in the third person, he had never won a ring, etc. I refused to admit it until the 2010-2011 season, but there's no question who the best player in the league is now.

On another note, as amazing as Chris Paul is, I don't think he impacts the game as much as some other players. LBJ, the Kobster, KD, DH12, even Dwayne Wade... these guys can just single-handedly destroy another team. I don't think it's fair to rank any other guard above Kobe at this point.

WOW how can you say that about CP3 when he basically got the clippers into the playoffs all the way to the second round and they didn't even make the playoffs last year?? is this a joke?? and now they are even a deeper team and if blake has a go to move in the half court this season they will be much tougher to beat than last year with a healthy chauncy billups and now jamal crawford and grant hill

#67 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,004 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 08, 2012 - 09:13 AM

LeBron is not a top 5 player? :laughing:

On what basis? The fact that he's just utilizing the best attributes of his game to the fullest? Shaq must have not been a top 5 player during his time here in LA either. All he did was back down and use the same moves every time down the floor. Got by on strength alone for much of his time here in LA, he certainly didn't have a game based around an arsenal of low-post moves. It was sheer power every night.

LeBron can't easily be shut down by a zone defense anymore,not with the most effective post game in the entire league. He was vulnerable to it in '10-11 when he couldn't even back down JJ Barea, but not anymore. If you try to stick a zone on him now, he'll just seal in the mid-post and go to work. From that position he's able to attack the basket, push his man further underneath the basket for better position, or set up his shooters for wide open looks all night long because of his great court vision. He may not have the prettiest game in the game, but there is no player more effective than LeBron James.

Have to agree with you here. His post game skill set is very, very small. All he can do is back down and just turn around for a layup, but thanks to his strength and size he can get a good look. Lebron is obviously the most talented in the league, not most skilled however. As long as his legs hold up hes gonna be number one, but once they go hes gonna have a steep drop off imo.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#68 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 08, 2012 - 09:48 AM

Can anyone here justify putting Dwight ahead of Kobe? Because a lot of you are and last I checked, he checked out before the post season. I don't remember Dwight having 4 40 point plus games in a row or doing anything special last season.

#69 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 10:28 AM

Not ranking Lebron #1 is understandable.

But to say Lebron isn't a top 5 player.... I can even put into words how ignorant and ridiculous that is.

#70 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 10:28 AM

Can anyone here justify putting Dwight ahead of Kobe? Because a lot of you are and last I checked, he checked out before the post season. I don't remember Dwight having 4 40 point plus games in a row or doing anything special last season.

I would put Dwight ahead if we're talking about regular season wins. Kobe's so potent in the playoffs (where the game changes so much) that I give him the slight edge of DH12.

#71 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 10:30 AM

Not ranking Lebron #1 is understandable.

How is that understandable? No one is even close right now, except for maybe Kobe during limited stretches in the 4th QT.

#72 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 10:32 AM

WOW how can you say that about CP3 when he basically got the clippers into the playoffs all the way to the second round and they didn't even make the playoffs last year?? is this a joke?? and now they are even a deeper team and if blake has a go to move in the half court this season they will be much tougher to beat than last year with a healthy chauncy billups and now jamal crawford and grant hill

That's all pretty and everything, but none of that means he's better than Kobe or D-Wade.

#73 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 10:36 AM

How is that understandable? No one is even close right now, except for maybe Kobe during limited stretches in the 4th QT.

It's understandable in the sense that people are going to have different #1's. Some are going to like Lebron, some are going to like Durant and Lakers fans are generally going to rank Kobe at that spot.

Lebron will usually be #1 or #2 in discussions. That's fine with me (although I believe he should be #1 on everyone's list).

#74 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 07:47 PM

1.Kobe Bryant
2. Manu Ginobli
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Kevin Durant
5. Chris Paul
6.Dwight Howard
7. Deron Williams
8. Lebron James
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Andrew Bynum

I can't believe everybody is sleeping on Manu Ginobli like he still isn't an elite player

#75 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 07:49 PM

That's all pretty and everything, but none of that means he's better than Kobe or D-Wade.

Where in my top 10 did you see me put CP3 over Kobe or D wade?

#76 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ginobili 2nd and Lebron James 8th.

Oh boy...

#77 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,004 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 08, 2012 - 08:09 PM

1.Kobe Bryant
2. Manu Ginobli
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Kevin Durant
5. Chris Paul
6.Dwight Howard
7. Deron Williams
8. Lebron James
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Andrew Bynum

I can't believe everybody is sleeping on Manu Ginobli like he still isn't an elite player

Posted Image

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#78 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

LMAO

That got a laugh out of me. Props.

#79 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 08, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

Haha, this is golden. Also, I'm pretty sure Darius Morris is #11 on that list.

#80 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 08:50 PM

so manu Ginobli isn't a top 10 player?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users