Photo

Kobe's place in the top ten this season?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted August 06, 2012 - 03:57 AM

Remember When ESPN Did That List Before Last Season Started? It Was An Individual Player Ranking List That Placed The Top 500 Players In The NBA, From Best To Worst, LeBron Was Number 1, But That Wasn't The Big Topic That Brought Alot've Controversy, Kobe Bryant Was Named The Number 7 Ranked Player In The Game Of Basketball After Being Considered Easily Top 2 With LeBron The Years Pryor, As The Season Went On Kobe Had A Great Season, Showing That Even With 16Years In, He Doesn't Plan On Becoming Just Another Star Who Fades In His 30's, There Has Been Rumors That There Doing Another List For The Upcoming Season Again, Where Would You Rank Kobe Bryant, And Also Who Would Be In Your Top 10?? And Here's The List From Last Year If You've Forgotten.

1.LeBron James
2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Chris Paul
5.Dirk
6.Kevin Durant
7.Kobe Bryant
8.Derrick Rose
9.Daron Williams
10.Blake Griffin

My List For This Year:

1.LeBron James (He is The King, The Torch Has Been Passed, He Has A Chance To Be Top 5 Of All Time, He's The Best, and Its About Time We Give Him The Respect He Deserves Instead Of Nitpicking What He Can't Do)
2.Kevin Durant (Great Scorer, Reminds Me Of A Taller Kobe, As Kobe Had Said Himself, He's Only 23 Which Is Scary, Super Clutch)
3.Kobe Bryant (The Mamba,The Fact That He Is Considered Top2/Top3 Player Entering His 17th Season, Is An Accomplishment That People Fail To Acknowledge, He Never Was The Next Jordan, He Was The Only Kobe Bryant, Its Sad That People Forget That, And He Still Has Some Years Of High Level Basketball To Go)
4.Chris Paul (Best Point Guard In The Game, Can Control The 4th Quarter Like Nobody Else Can, Clutch, Ultimate Competitor, And Is In His Prime)
5.Dwight Howard (The Best Defender In The Game For The Past Couple Of Years, Can Rebound His Ass Off, Get You 21and 15 Easily, Athletic Freak Of Nature, and Plays Hard Every Second)
6.Dwayne Wade (Flash, 2 Time World Champion, Can Get You 24 Points, 6 Rebounds , 6 Assist A Game, While Defending Your Best Perimeter Player, Smooth Silky Moves Keeps His Defenders Lost, Great Player)
7.Carmelo Anthony (Can Score Anywhere, Post Ups, Isolation, Set Shots, Drive In, Its Nothing He Can't Do On The Offensive End, Also One Of The Best Clutch Players We've Seen The Past 10 Years)
8.Kevin Love (Arguably The Best Power Forward In The Game, Great Shooter, and Rebounder, Averaged 26 POINTS & 13 REB Per Game, That's All Have To Say, To Validate His Name On This List)
9.Daron Williams (The Leader Of The New Brooklyn Nets, He Can Defend, Score, Dish Dimes, and Is A Clutch Player, He Has Been Extremely Consistent Over His Career)
10. Russel Westbrook (The Most Athletic Player In The League As His Peers Says, Can Score 40 On Any Given Night, Tenacious On Ball Defender, Never Backdowns From Anyone,and Is Still Growing As A Point Guard)

Alright,Tell Me Where You Think Kobe Ends Up On This List, And What Your Top 10 Looks Like, Sound Off Laker Nation. :D
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#2 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted August 06, 2012 - 04:06 AM

KD #2 ? He has russel harden and ibaka and has just made it to the finals but i agree everyone puts the past 2 finals contestants in the top 5 . Like Dirk last year hes not even in the top 10 now in many peoples eyes.
Posted Image

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,158 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 06, 2012 - 04:10 AM

People will argue back and forth LeBron James vs Kobe Bryant. But I have an issue SERIOUSLY with the rest of that list

2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Chris Paul
5.Dirk
6.Kevin Durant

All in front of Kobe? were they serious?

Oh well, it was more motivation for Kobe I guess, not like he needs anymore, stuff like this serves only to piss him off more. He went off on Phoenix for it if I remember.

Anyway, this year we have a bench, and are still adding pieces to it, we're gonna set the basketball world on fire this year and Kobe will get his sixth.

Edited by Majesty, August 06, 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted August 06, 2012 - 04:11 AM

KD #2 ? He has russel harden and ibaka and has just made it to the finals but i agree everyone puts the past 2 finals contestants in the top 5 . Like Dirk last year hes not even in the top 10 now in many peoples eyes.

Yeah Usually That's How It Works, I Wanted To Put Derrick Rose In There, But Of Course He's Gonna Miss A Chunk Of Next Season So I Couldn't Throw Him On There.
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 06, 2012 - 04:19 AM

I think 3 players are definitely ahead of him. I would rank Lebron, Dwight, and Durant higher than Kobe. Most of the season, I would have put CP3 ahead of Kobe too. But, Kobe had a better postseason. I'll put Kobe ahead for now. I'm assuming Wade and even Rose get healthy again.

1. Lebron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Kevin Durant
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Derrick Rose
8. Russell Westbrook
9. Kevin Love
10. Deron Williams

Posted Image

#6 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted August 06, 2012 - 04:23 AM

I would take out RW and Put in Rondo
Posted Image

#7 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,287 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 04:39 AM

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Kevin Love
6. Chris Paul
7. Derrick Rose
8. Dwyane Wade
9. Rajon Rondo
10. Russell Westbrook

#8 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted August 06, 2012 - 05:35 AM

Let me preface this by saying my list corresponds to what player's are capable of doing in a playoff stretch (not regular season, in which case it would be different):

1. LeBron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kevin Durant
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Chris Paul
7. Deron Williams
8. Russel Westbrook
9. Derrick Rose (I don't know if he'll ever be the same)
10. Carmelo Anthony

Hell, that's a lot of guards.

#9 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted August 06, 2012 - 07:44 AM

No Tony Parker love? In my opinion, He had a better season than Kobe last season

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#10 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted August 06, 2012 - 08:15 AM

Only player that is better is LeBron James and you know what playing next to Nash I think Kobe may get his #1 spot back.
htCCl0m.png

#11 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 06, 2012 - 08:27 AM

Only player that is better is LeBron James and you know what playing next to Nash I think Kobe may get his #1 spot back.

I agree with this. I think Nash will have a huge impact on Kobe's game.

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,026 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 06, 2012 - 08:31 AM

People will argue back and forth LeBron James vs Kobe Bryant. But I have an issue SERIOUSLY with the rest of that list

2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Chris Paul
5.Dirk
6.Kevin Durant

All in front of Kobe? were they serious?

Oh well, it was more motivation for Kobe I guess, not like he needs anymore, stuff like this serves only to piss him off more. He went off on Phoenix for it if I remember.

Anyway, this year we have a bench, and are still adding pieces to it, we're gonna set the basketball world on fire this year and Kobe will get his sixth.

Wasnt that list made by Ric Bucher last year? I remember he did something like that on ESPN. That explains a lot.

I say kobe is number two or three best in the league. It sucks, but we have to come to the realization the dude is getting old and players are stepping up. I think KD will be the best in the league in about 2 more seasons. Once brons legs begin to go around 30 I expect a steep drop off. Just my opinion.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#13 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted August 06, 2012 - 11:36 AM

No Tony Parker love? In my opinion, He had a better season than Kobe last season

No way. He was the best player on an elite team, but I think that had more to do with their depth than him carrying that team. Not saying there weren't times he elevated that team, but yeah.

He just missed my top 10 though. I have him at 11. Nobody asked, but my next 5 would be:

11. Tony Parker
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Rajon Rondo
14. Blake Griffin
15. LaMarcus Aldridge

Posted Image

#14 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted August 06, 2012 - 11:44 AM

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Kobe
5. Dwight
6. Wade
7. Love
8. Deron Williams
9. Rondo or Westbrook.. either could go here imo
10. Carmelo

#15 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 11:55 AM

I agree with this. I think Nash will have a huge impact on Kobe's game.

That is why he is a two time MVP.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#16 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted August 06, 2012 - 12:19 PM

LA > Griffin.

#17 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 06, 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'd probably put him third behind LeBron and Durant.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#18 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 06, 2012 - 12:29 PM

ESPN had Blake Griffin at ten. :laughing:

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted August 06, 2012 - 12:39 PM

griffin is overrated. wouldn't even put him in top 20

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,841 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted August 06, 2012 - 12:50 PM

Kobe
Lebron
KD
Cp3
Melo
Howard
Wade
Russel

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users