Kobe please be ok

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,862 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 04:03 PM

Knew we shoulda traded him for Chris Paul.

#62 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 22, 2008 - 04:36 PM

but then again I'm not Kobe and I don't have a world-class medical team.
youre not...you dont :wacko: :rock:
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#63 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 22, 2008 - 05:08 PM

Well I was right in thinking that Kobe denying that interview with Ireland last night was a bad sign. He was truly worried up until this morning.

#64 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 05:45 PM

LAKERS
Kobe Bryant says he might play Thursday

Email Picture
Lenny Ignelzi / AP
Kobe Bryant holds his right leg as he watches the second half of the Lakers and Charlotte Bobcats preseason game. Bryant hyperextended his right knee in the second quarter.
His injured knee was better today, and he still expects to play in next Tuesday's opener against Portland.
By Mike Bresnahan
2:34 PM PDT, October 22, 2008
Kobe Bryant said today he might play Thursday night in an exhibition game against Charlotte, confirming the initial diagnosis that his hyperextended right knee was a day-to-day situation.

Bryant seemed relieved that it wasn't worse, particularly when describing the tension he felt after banging knees with teammate Josh Powell in an exhibition Tuesday against Charlotte.

Lakers' Kobe Bryant injured in... Lakers' Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol still...Lakers reserves turn on the speed
Lakers' Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum get a lesson in length
Lakers' Phil Jackson isn't committing to set lineup

"My knee just went back and I felt a little crunch, a little pop," said Bryant, who wore a large elastic bandage around the knee today at the team's training facility. "I was worried. That's the scariest part, is just sitting there for five or 10 minutes and waiting to see what's going to develop."

How scary was it?

"I saw the ring flash before my eyes," he said, a reference to the Lakers' championship aspirations.

Bryant did not practice today, but said he would try to play Thursday. "If I'm good enough to go, I'm going to go. I don't see why not," he said.

As for the season opener next Tuesday against Portland: "I should be fine," he said.

Bryant was injured while going for a rebound off Sun Yue's missed shot from the wing. Bryant bumped into Powell, his knee was hyperextended and he landed off balance.

Bryant immediately signaled to the Lakers' bench that he was injured, and a timeout was called with 3:08 left in the second quarter. He walked over and sat at the end of the bench for a few moments before heading to the locker room under his own power.

Bryant did not return for the second half of the Lakers' 102-98 victory. The injury was not considered serious enough to schedule a visit with a doctor today after Bryant woke up without severe pain.

The Lakers today waived second-round pick Joe Crawford and undrafted forward C.J. Giles, giving them 15 players, the NBA maximum.

Guard Coby Karl was not waived, though Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said the team might make one more cut before the season begins.

Bresnahan is a Times staff writer.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#65 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,862 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 05:49 PM

Don't let him play till the season opener, no need to risk it, I was surprised they played him in the preseason anyway.

#66 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 05:57 PM

chemistry is why he played in the preseason, Icker do you watch basketball or just the lakers?

#67 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,862 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 06:02 PM

The man has been playing for pretty much the whole year, I still don't thik it makes sence to play the best player in the NBA, with bad pink for 20-30 minutes in the PRESEASON, just for he can get chemistry with scrubs, it makes no sence to me. Yea I see why you post that, because it is abvious. I havn't seen any preseason games so I don't know how the starting lineup plays with each other.

#68 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 06:26 PM

well ill just say this...the celtics played thier starting lineup BIG minutes last preseason for chemistry. i think that worked out very well for them

#69 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,862 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 06:29 PM

well ill just say this...the celtics played thier starting lineup BIG minutes last preseason for chemistry. i think that worked out very well for them

They were ALL new teamates, unlike the Lakers who have been teamates for atleast a year.

#70 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 06:32 PM

but adding bynum changes EVERYTHING... you mentioned not seeing the preseason..well believe me, he changes the entire dynamic of this team...and for the first time Lamar as a member of the bench mob. This is very important to Phil to get the best lineups on the floor

#71 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 06:39 PM

Phil knows the hand he's been dealt by now. Not playing Kobe in the next game, or even the remaining games, won't disrupt much of the chemistry. In fact, they should learn how to play without Kobe in the case that something unfortunate does happen during the season. upside of kobe not playing > downside.

#72 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 07:01 PM

as long as hes ready game 1 i'm fine
Posted Image

#73 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 22, 2008 - 08:48 PM

He will be fine, you guys are really overreacting. And yes, the chemistry needs to be sorted out, this group of players here want to tear it up in the actual season, Preseason or not, they want to get it together for opening night.

Kobe signalled to the bench for he fear the worst, it's for a preemptive cause.

#74 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 09:55 PM

Nah, you all wanting him to play are over-reacting. You bring up the chemistry as if it'll disappear or he'll be phased out suddenly if he sits out one game, or even the remaining games. It isn't going to change much, and he'll give the sore knee a little much needed rest.

#75 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 10:06 PM

I hope he rests most of the game, although he should get in there for a quarter or so with the first unit so they can play together further before the season starts. Glad to know he's OK.

#76 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 10:13 PM

Nah, you all wanting him to play are over-reacting. You bring up the chemistry as if it'll disappear or he'll be phased out suddenly if he sits out one game, or even the remaining games. It isn't going to change much, and he'll give the sore knee a little much needed rest.

Yea, he should definitely sit out til we hit the Blazers.

#77 piXie

piXie

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Fisher,&FARMAR!

Posted October 22, 2008 - 10:29 PM

No way, he should not risk his knee and play tomorrow....he needs to rest!!! :angry:

I AGREE!!! :nono: ^_^

#78 Domo

Domo

Based

• 998 posts

Posted October 22, 2008 - 11:13 PM

****in good news, but yeah he should rest and do his own thing until the opener.

#79 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 23, 2008 - 02:58 PM

I'm glad he is ok...I saw our season flash before my eyes... Kobe rest up til season opener let the boys take over from here.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#80 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 24, 2008 - 02:06 AM

The rest of the team is fine today, wonder how it will be in OKC. Just rest up Kobe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users