#162 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 11, 2013 - 12:54 PM

^ They clearly must be thinking of the future with that move.

I like the hire. The age thing is BS. Dick Labeau is 75 years old and still remains one of the best if not the best defensive coordinators in the league. The Steelers have consistently had one of the better defenses in the league for a reason. Great talent obviously, but also terrific coaching.

Anyways the main thing for the Dallas D is to just have better health. We had ridiculous bad luck with health. Lost 7 defensive starters to injury. Barry Church, Orlando Scandrick, Jay Ratliff, Kenyon Coleman, Josh Brent, and the two big ones Sean Lee and Bruce Carter. Those last two guys you simply can't replace. You're talking about two great young inside linebackers who were playing at a Pro Bowl level prior to injury. After they went down teams just ran down our throat and killed us down the middle of the field. Just getting those guys back will improve the defense significantly.

Anyways I said this earlier I believe, but I'm really excited about the future of the Cowboys. I just mentioned Carter and Lee who if healthy will be one of the better inside linebacker combo's, but a guy who excites me even more is Dez Bryant. The kid is a flat out MONSTER. Huge breakout season. 92 catches, 1,382 recieving yards, and 12 touchdowns. All this with a slow start. Didn't have a single touchdown in the firsy half of the season and 12 in the second half. He's got incredible potential. As good as Dez is now he can still get alot better which is scary as hell.

Other guys I'm excited about is DeMarco Murray, Morris Claibourne, and Dwayne Harris. Murray only played 10 games and still had just under 700 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns. He just needs to stop fumbling the football. If we can get a quality offensive line Murray could be one of the best backs in the NFL. Claibourne is another guy with alot of potential. Ryan's scheme really hurt Mo though. He had him playing off the reciever instead of pressing/playing up tight. He's a really good cover corner, but not really a ballhawk. Last, but not least Dwayne Harris. The kid just makes plays with the football. Whether it be catching the ball or in the return game the man just makes explosive plays. Enough of Kevin Ogeltree. He had his chance and didn't do [expletive]. Make Harris the third reciever.

All in all I truly believe that the Cowboys are NOT far away from being a Super Bowl contender. I look at that last game against Washington. Despite all the injuries and atrocious offensive line play we still had a legit shot at the playoffs/winning the division. Gotta think our luck will be better next season as far as injuries. That alone will make us better and if we can just upgrade the offensive line then we can be really, really good. With RGIII's injury I think the Cowboys along with the Giants will be favored to win the division.
htCCl0m.png

#163 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 6,992 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Posted ImageToo Tall Jones!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#164 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,402 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 14, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Such optimism Cowboys&LakersFan.

veqdeg.jpg

#165 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Such optimism Cowboys&LakersFan.

I rather be an optimist and look at the bright side of things than be a negative nancy.
htCCl0m.png

#166 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 14, 2013 - 02:51 PM

I rather be an optimist and look at the bright side of things than be a negative nancy.

You go overboard though.
Posted Image

#167 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:22 PM

You go overboard though.

I don't think so.

Dallas was the most injury riddled team in the league and was still on the verge of making the playoffs.

We're close. Very close.

Offensive line away from being a legit contender.
htCCl0m.png

#168 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 843 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 15, 2013 - 07:02 AM

I don't think so.

Dallas was the most injury riddled team in the league and was still on the verge of making the playoffs.

We're close. Very close.

Offensive line away from being a legit contender.

No, you're not. Romo will find a way to choke. He always does.

#169 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:42 AM

No, you're not. Romo will find a way to choke. He always does.

The only people who think Romo is a choker are the people who don't understand the team concept.

You win as a team and you lose as one.

Romo is statistically one of the most clutch quarterbacks in the league. Sure he didn't play well in the season finale, but he was the only reason they were in that position in the first place.

Dude is a one man show out there basically and just like with other star quarterbacks you can't win like that.
htCCl0m.png

#170 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,402 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 15, 2013 - 12:15 PM

You call it being a negative nancy, I call it being realistic.
Even Romo himself said he's does a good job except when it matters most. ie; the final season of the game.
Pretty much all you've posted is true. Year in & year out, it's true.
Season after season, it's true.

veqdeg.jpg

#171 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted January 15, 2013 - 12:20 PM

The only people who think Romo is a choker are the people who don't understand the team concept.

Romo is statistically one of the most clutch quarterbacks in the league. Sure he didn't play well in the season finale, but he was the only reason they were in that position in the first place.

Dude is a one man show out there basically and just like with other star quarterbacks you can't win like that.

Stats don't win Championships

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#172 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Stats don't win Championships

Never said they do, but there is no denying Tony Romo is a terrific quarterback. If the Dallas front office improves the offensive line they can surely win with him.
htCCl0m.png

#173 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 843 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 03:31 PM

Never said they do, but there is no denying Tony Romo is a terrific quarterback. If the Dallas front office improves the offensive line they can surely win with him.

Yes, their is denying it. 1 - 5 in the playoffs. Throws INTs when it matters most. Choke artist. Scrub.

#174 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 843 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 03:33 PM

Statistically one of the most clutch? Do you watch football? Throwing INTs and turning the ball over when it matters is not clutch. Romo is the opposite of clutch. Describe his last throw vs Washington to me and how that was clutch. I'll be waiting.

#175 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Statistically one of the most clutch? Do you watch football? Throwing INTs and turning the ball over when it matters is not clutch. Romo is the opposite of clutch. Describe his last throw vs Washington to me and how that was clutch. I'll be waiting.

Do you watch football? Why is it that you're conviently ignoring the times when Romo has brought the team back and led them to a huge comeback win. Sounds like an agenda to me. He's done it several times. Okay he had an off game in the final game of the season, but guess what? So does every quarterback. If the Cowboys would've won that game they would've gotten destroyed by Seattle and then you people would've been spouting the same bull[expletive] about him not being clutch. The Cowboys in that final game gave up 200 rushing yards along with three touchdowns to Alfred Morris why is no one mentions that? As I said it's a team game. Blaming one guy is stupid.
htCCl0m.png

#176 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 843 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'm waiting. Describe what was clutch about his final drive? Describe the final pass to me.

Thanks

#177 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Where is Windu I thought he'd be killin' you for saying something like Tony Romo is an elite QB
Posted Image

#178 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm waiting. Describe what was clutch about his final drive? Describe the final pass to me.

Thanks

I'm waiting for you to realize it's a team game. Why no mention of the 200 yards given up on the ground or the penalty on Jason Hatcher? If it wasn't for that the Cowboys would've only been down 6 with two plus minutes remaining.

Where is Windu I thought he'd be killin' you for saying something like Tony Romo is an elite QB

You think I care what he has to say? He's the same guy who said Peyton is a choker.

Elite is the most overused term in sports. Clearly guys like Rodgers, Manning (Big brother), and Brady are in a class of their own.

Romo is in that next group.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, January 16, 2013 - 12:22 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#179 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 12:51 AM

Peyton is a chocker in the playoffs most of the time
Posted Image

#180 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 843 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 06:20 AM

Peyton is a chocker in the playoffs most of the time

True. based on the regular season, he's top 5 all time. Based on the playoffs, he's pretty average. With 95% of the same roster, Tebow (who sucks) won a playoff game in Denver. Manning didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users