flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,394 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 01, 2012 - 07:47 PM

and again :S
wtf...

Edited by flota, October 01, 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 07:50 PM

5 picks huh?

yo.

#43 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 02, 2012 - 06:58 AM

SSDD
Posted Image

#44 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:03 AM

What an a*s whuppin' my boys took. :nah: They'd drive down the field with ease only to turn it over.

2hf753r.jpg

#45 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:23 AM

Disgraceful display by the Cowboys. We've got the Ravens next.

Thank God Lakers basketball is only about three weeks away four weeks again from starting.

I've always been one of the more optimistic fans, but it's hard too right now. I don't have much faith that this football team is gonna get it together anytime soon. This is a game we absolutely needed to win so we could avoid going to Baltimore 2-2.

The same issues keep occurring. The offensive line just isn't very good. I don't see how they can get better when they just aren't very talented in the first place. Outside of Tyron everyone else is a below average player or worse. Livings and Bernadeau were such wasted signings. We should've wasted money are guys who are actually starting caliber football players.

I think we may have to just make a trade. I don't see what else we can do. Maybe we can use our tight ends more I don't know. Right now Romo is continuing to take a pounding and you're seeing the result of that. A lot of turnovers. There is zero running lanes for DeMarco Murray. He's constantly getting hit in the backfield and has t struggle to just get last the line of scrimmage. Under 3 yards per carry. Since the Giants game we've had just under 4 yards per carry on the ground. If we can't run and we just keep throwing the football over 40 times the turnovers will continue to happen.

Dez Bryant continues to be a dissapointment. We drafted him in the first round for a reason. We wanted him to come in and be that #1 guy and he just hasn't been. He's so talented and gifted athletically, but he's incredibly lazy. Can't run routes well consistently. He seems to think he's Superman and can just jump over the DB's and catch the ball consistently. Doesn't work like that in the NFL. You can get away with the college, but once you get to the pros you have to be able to run routes well. Dez right now cannot do that. I was talking to a guy at the game and he said if Dez doesn't get it together soon we need to get rid of him. Most receivers come into their own in their third season. It's now or never for Dez. He's got to start showing up every week. He's so damn inconsistent. One week he's good the next he vanishes.

The defense is improved, but not nearly as much as I thought. Our secondary is very good, but again if DeMarcus Ware isn't getting to the opposing quarterback who is? No one else can do it consistently. It's pretty clear that we got fortunate that we faced two very subpar offenses in Seattle and Tampa Bay. Now we faced a very explosive Giants offense in Week 1, but it was the first game of the season and you have to think they were a little rusty. The secondary as solid as they are they can only cover for so long. Someone besides Ware needs to step up his game and get to the QB.

At the end of the day all of this falls squarely on Jerry's shoulders. He has consistently ignored our big weaknesses in the trenches. Football while it isn't as physical as it once was it's still an extremely physical sport. If you're not strong up front you cannot win games consistently against good football teams. Our offensive line is one of the worst in the league and our defensive line is average at best. We have alot of good skill position players, but so what? We're too weak in the trenches right now to win consistently.
htCCl0m.png

#46 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:36 AM

I heard they're opening a victoria's secret store in cowboys stadium

http://www.usatoday....tadium/1600877/

lol. should probably focus on winning games instead

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:45 AM

Disgraceful display by the Cowboys. We've got the Ravens next.

Thank God Lakers basketball is only about three weeks away four weeks again from starting.

I've always been one of the more optimistic fans, but it's hard too right now. I don't have much faith that this football team is gonna get it together anytime soon. This is a game we absolutely needed to win so we could avoid going to Baltimore 2-2.

The same issues keep occurring. The offensive line just isn't very good. I don't see how they can get better when they just aren't very talented in the first place. Outside of Tyron everyone else is a below average player or worse. Livings and Bernadeau were such wasted signings. We should've wasted money are guys who are actually starting caliber football players.

I think we may have to just make a trade. I don't see what else we can do. Maybe we can use our tight ends more I don't know. Right now Romo is continuing to take a pounding and you're seeing the result of that. A lot of turnovers. There is zero running lanes for DeMarco Murray. He's constantly getting hit in the backfield and has t struggle to just get last the line of scrimmage. Under 3 yards per carry. Since the Giants game we've had just under 4 yards per carry on the ground. If we can't run and we just keep throwing the football over 40 times the turnovers will continue to happen.

Dez Bryant continues to be a dissapointment. We drafted him in the first round for a reason. We wanted him to come in and be that #1 guy and he just hasn't been. He's so talented and gifted athletically, but he's incredibly lazy. Can't run routes well consistently. He seems to think he's Superman and can just jump over the DB's and catch the ball consistently. Doesn't work like that in the NFL. You can get away with the college, but once you get to the pros you have to be able to run routes well. Dez right now cannot do that. I was talking to a guy at the game and he said if Dez doesn't get it together soon we need to get rid of him. Most receivers come into their own in their third season. It's now or never for Dez. He's got to start showing up every week. He's so damn inconsistent. One week he's good the next he vanishes.

The defense is improved, but not nearly as much as I thought. Our secondary is very good, but again if DeMarcus Ware isn't getting to the opposing quarterback who is? No one else can do it consistently. It's pretty clear that we got fortunate that we faced two very subpar offenses in Seattle and Tampa Bay. Now we faced a very explosive Giants offense in Week 1, but it was the first game of the season and you have to think they were a little rusty. The secondary as solid as they are they can only cover for so long. Someone besides Ware needs to step up his game and get to the QB.

At the end of the day all of this falls squarely on Jerry's shoulders. He has consistently ignored our big weaknesses in the trenches. Football while it isn't as physical as it once was it's still an extremely physical sport. If you're not strong up front you cannot win games consistently against good football teams. Our offensive line is one of the worst in the league and our defensive line is average at best. We have alot of good skill position players, but so what? We're too weak in the trenches right now to win consistently.

I'm not a Cowboy fan, but I just had to +1 that post for the length and quality, such passion. Pretty rare to see a post like that as well for any team of any other sport non-Lakers here.

yo.

#48 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:59 AM

I'm not a Cowboy fan, but I just had to +1 that post for the length and quality, such passion. Pretty rare to see a post like that as well for any team of any other sport non-Lakers here.

Haha thanks man. I love my Boys, but it's so difficult to be a fan right now. I'm only 18 years old so I've never witnessed a Cowboys Super Bowl. Only thing I've witnessed is some of the most gut wrenching and heartbreaking playoff losses in franchise history.

The fumbled snap by Romo heard around the world in 2006, the next year losing to the Giants in the divisional playoff round. That one heard especially bad because we had such a good team that year. We went 13-3 that year. That was when all our stars like Romo, Ware, Witten, and then obviously TO were at their peak as Dallas Cowboys. We should've at least made the Super Bowl. Losing to a division rival like the Giants and then seeing them win a Super Bowl twice.

Then of course the 44-6 season finale against the Eagles. That was the year most people expected us to make a Super Bowl run and we couldn't even make the playoffs. In 2010 we had finally ended the long streak of not winning a playoff game only to get dismantled to by Grandpa Favre and the Vikings. Next year we got off to a horrid start again after high expectations and ended up firing our head coach at the time halfway through the season. Than last year we led the division most of the season until that game against Arizona. Should've won that game, we end up icing our own kicker, than we lose.

Next week we had a 12 point lead against the Giants and choked it away. Then a few weeks later in the season finale we lost against to the Giants and they once again went on to win the Super Bowl. That was brutal seeing the team that eliminated us and a team I hate so much win a Super Bowl. Imagine it like seeing Boston beat the Lakers twice in the Finals. Beating us in 2008 once was bad enough, but imagine if they did it again in 2010 that's what it felt like for me.

With our brutal schedule coming up I don't have much hope we can turn things around.
htCCl0m.png

#49 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,059 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted October 12, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#50 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,394 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 14, 2012 - 11:04 AM

We need to rebuild
And a real GM... Jones should not mess with football decisions
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#51 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 12:42 PM

Team played hard, but just too many mental mistakes.
htCCl0m.png

#52 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,166 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 14, 2012 - 01:23 PM

Team played hard, but just too many mental mistakes.

Agreed, can't get mad at this game just came up short

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#53 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,059 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 04:53 PM

We need to rebuild
And a real GM... Jones should not mess with football decisions

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Saw the game. Valiant effort, just came up short. Wasn't Romo's fault today.

yo.

#55 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 15, 2012 - 10:58 AM

Dez played great but dangit we needed him to catch that 2 point conversion.

2hf753r.jpg

#56 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 16, 2012 - 11:01 AM

Here are my overall thoughts on the game.

The Cowboys played very hard and a very good overall football game, but again it's those same mental mistakes that keep coming back to bite us in the a** and keep us from winning.

Romo played very solid overall football and obviously the run game finally broke out and had a great game. Offensive line did a great job both in pass protection and opening up running lanes for the backs. Murray and Jones got off to a terrific start, but got hurt later. They are both solid backs when they actually get some blocking, but damn its frustrating how they always seem to get hurt.

Defensively is where we really struggled in my opinion. We just couldn't stop the Ravens of third down or in their hurry up offense. Once again no one can get to the quarterback consistently and all game long besides DeMarcus Ware. Poor guy is getting double and triple teamed all game long and is getting no help, he's essentially a one man show. In the first half we were able to get to Flacco a little bit and force him into some bad throws, but that wasn't the case in the second half. Flacco just had too much time in the pocket. People can blame the guys in the secondary and call them overrated which they may be, but at the same time they cannot cover forever. Doesn't matter who is back there covering the receivers if you can't generate pressure it does the matter who you have in your secondary they're going to get torched. As bad as we were defensively in the second half we did actually make a couple of big stops, but they were negated due to penalties.

Mental mistakes keep happening and it's very frustrating. First Romo throws a perfect pass to get the two point conversion and Dez drops it. You have to make the catch. That is just completely unacceptable for a guy with that kind of talent and ability to drop passes like that. Then we somehow recover the onside kick and we get in field goal range with a little over twenty seconds left and can't even get another play off before we had to kick the field goal. That just can't happen. Some people will say well Romo has spike the ball, but he can't do that if his guys don't get to the line. Dez Bryant I have about had it with this dude. He's so talented, but again so damn inconsistent and unreliable. The guy is just not a smart football player. He makes the catch and for some reason starts fighting for extra yardage and wastes time then he starts complaining to the refs.

Then have to waste our last timeout and kick a very long field goal and of course Bailey misses. Not his fault though really. Shouldn't have been that long of a field goal. In the end once again the Cowboys showed how good of a football team they can be, but at the same time they showed why they continue to fail and fail every single season. Too many mental mistakes. It freaking sucks to be a Cowboys fan right now.
htCCl0m.png

#57 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,059 posts

Posted October 17, 2012 - 07:55 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Terrific, October 21, 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#58 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:29 AM

This game against Carolina is a must win game. We lose and we're done. Go Cowboys! :rock:
htCCl0m.png

#59 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Ugly as hell win, but I'll take it,

Up next we got a hell of a test. Defending champion Giants are heading to Dallas. Gonna have to play like we did in week 1 to get the win.

Go Cowboys! :rock:
htCCl0m.png

#60 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,059 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Terrific, October 21, 2012 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users