122 replies to this topic

#21 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted July 30, 2012 - 05:14 PM

The advantage is that THIS year we'll actually have practice time!! So I'm sure any flaws will be taken care of within the pre-season and first month of the season. Since we actually have practice time I think we'll flow a lot better.

Yea no other team really had to go through as much change as we did last year without a real offseason/training camp

#22 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,752 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 30, 2012 - 05:24 PM

Kobe endorses Princeton offense

Kobe Bryant goes back to school: Lakers switching to Princeton offense
By Adrian Wojnarowski

LONDON – Kobe Bryant has been searching for spacing and freedom and flow on offense, for a way to counter defenses bent on sagging and suffocating him on the floor. Even before the Los Angeles Lakers delivered him point guard Steve Nash, Bryant had raised an idea with coach Mike Brown about the possibility of employing a distant cousin to the triangle – the Princeton offense.

So there was Brown and Bryant in a side room in a Las Vegas gymnasium during Team USA's training camp in early July, listening to Eddie Jordan detail the offense's intricacies, laying out how Bryant, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum would benefit with and without the basketball. Here was an old-school Ivy League blueprint daring to be a solution for the Showtime Lakers' issues.

Jordan happens to be the foremost Princeton authority in the NBA, the heir to architect Pete Carril, and that's an immense part of why the Lakers are moving toward an agreement to hire Jordan as an assistant coach. Jordan sold his vision of the offense to a most willing subject, and ultimately Bryant departed for these Olympics convinced that the Lakers have a sound plan of action for the 2012-13 season.

All around Bryant inside the gym at East London University on Monday afternoon were these younger Team USA stars who have him so resolved to push past them next season. Every day, Bryant sees the Oklahoma City Thunder stars who pushed his Lakers out of the playoffs, sees LeBron James who won the NBA championship. Bryant knows his time is short for a sixth championship, his opportunities fleeting.

At 33 years old, Bryant needs edges this season, and the prospect of returning to the discipline of an offensive system in the post-Phil Jackson era holds appeal.

"It's a great offense," Bryant told Yahoo! Sports. "It's exactly what we need. It takes us back to being able to play by making reads and reacting to defenses. It takes a great deal of communication, but that's where we're at our best: Reading and reacting as opposed to just coming down and calling sets. Calling sets make you vulnerable.

"There's so many threats, so many options, it's very tough to defend. Against the type of defenses that teams play nowadays, they load up on one side and are constantly coming with help from the weak side. The Princeton offense makes it very, very tough to lock in on one particular player.

"From my experience, those types of principles – ball movement, changing sides on the floor, everybody being involved – those are championship principles. That's championship DNA."

Over dinner in Barcelona, Bryant and Gasol discussed the changing face of the Lakers' offense and a Hall of Fame point guard who can get them high-percentage shots, where the smarts and skills of Bryant and Nash, Gasol and Bynum make this an ideal partnership of system and talent. The Princeton demands post players with passing skills, and which 7-footer has ever been as deft moving the ball as Gasol?

"Steve is going to make it easier for Pau, because he's an incredible distributor, but the system is perfect for [Gasol]," Bryant said. "His ability to pass the ball, to make plays from the high post – to shoot – is the perfect system for him.

"I'm excited for Pau because this is right in his wheelhouse."

Jordan learned the Princeton under Carril with the Sacramento Kings, and implemented it as an assistant and head coach with the Nets, Washington Wizards and Philadelphia 76ers. The Lakers' coaching staff has turned over, with Ettore Messina and Quin Snyder leaving to take over CSKA Moscow this season. Bryant shared Italian roots with Messina and came to value Snyder, who will likely return to the NBA as a head-coaching candidate in the next couple of years.

Without a training camp in the post-lockout season, Brown spent far more time tightening the Lakers' defense. Now, a full camp in the fall gives him a chance to institute an offensive system, balance the floor and give Bryant something he desperately wants now: a way past the Thunder's Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, and a shot at James and the Miami Heat.

"We're still chasing championships," Bryant said. Between now and a gold medal in these Games, Bryant still has work left with Team USA. Nevertheless, this is his farewell tour to international basketball, and soon there will be just one item left for him in the NBA, and that's catching Michael Jordan and that sixth championship.

Bryant's eyes were big talking about the Princeton, about returning to some offensive structure missing since Jackson left his basketball life. When he returns to Los Angeles, Bryant needs something awaiting him that alleviates all those collapsing bodies on defense, all that congestion, and he believes it will be there.

Here comes that old-school Ivy League offense for these Showtime Lakers. Kobe Bryant needs something transformational to be a champion again, and as he watched and listened in that Vegas gymnasium, it sure felt like this could be one more element to push him past all these young stars before it's too late.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-goes-back-to-school--lakers-switching-to-princeton-offense.html;_ylt=AqCmo3i_PoGnK7p5i6CXe3K8vLYF;_ylu=X3oDMTRrcDByaGV1BG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IE5CQSBFeHBlcnRzBHBrZwM1ZDk2YWYwNC00MmZkLTM5ZDEtOTYzNy01ZTJkZmE5NjhlMTEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgM2MmZiZWRlMy1kYTk3LTExZTEtYmZjZi0yZjhjYjRkNzk4NmU-;_ylg=X3oDMTFoNjVvZWVyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Edited by TheMadSci, July 30, 2012 - 05:25 PM.

The North Remembers

#23 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 445 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Mad Dog

Posted July 30, 2012 - 05:35 PM

The princeton offense with steve nash running point?? Thats gonna be deadly! We ran the princeton for my high school team and it made our pg look like a stud with the amount of backdoors we got off of it.

Its going to make all the players consistently move rather than standing around. Once everyone gets on the same page with this system, it's very very effective.
Today I'm a prime minister and Today i passed a bill that gave kittens to life prisoners

#24 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 445 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 06:02 PM

However, not quite sure what type of version they'll be implementing for the Lakers. Can't run a 4 out and 1 in with Pau and Drew on the floor at the same time
Today I'm a prime minister and Today i passed a bill that gave kittens to life prisoners

#25 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,464 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 30, 2012 - 06:03 PM

The princeton offense with steve nash running point?? Thats gonna be deadly! We ran the princeton for my high school team and it made our pg look like a stud with the amount of backdoors we got off of it.

Its going to make all the players consistently move rather than standing around. Once everyone gets on the same page with this system, it's very very effective.

Yea nash is not only great at P&R but he see's those back doors better than anyone

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 30, 2012 - 06:10 PM

Our roster, as currently constructed, only has 4 guys that would be a good fit under that scheme: Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Jamison. They would do very well under that scheme, but any lineup featuring MWP and Bynum wouldn't work. And we can't bring out a lineup featuring those 4 for big portions of the game unless we want the opposition to score on us at will. I don't think the Princeton offense is the answer, especially if Bynum is supposed to be a focal point of our offense. We also wouldn't be taking advantage of Nash's mastery of the pick-and-roll with this sort of offensive scheme.

I have more faith in Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant orchestrating our offense than in our numbskull trio of coaches on the bench. If we really wanted to implement this offense and stick to familiar elements of the triangle, we should have just hired Rick Adelman last summer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did the Pacers run a version of the Princeton offense when Artest was there?

Yea no other team really had to go through as much change as we did last year without a real offseason/training camp

Yes and the teams that actually had a set kind of offense that required practice faltered and the two run and gun fast break based offenses were the teams that made it to the finals. That's not a coincidence.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,753 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 30, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but did the Pacers run a version of the Princeton offense when Artest was there?

I'm assuming this was after Carlisle took over from Thomas. Can't recall the Pacers' exact offense from back then, but Ron wasn't exactly a fan of Carlisle's offensive schemes:

His first outburst over Carlisle's offense came in a game at Minnesota on Dec. 20, 2003, in which the Pacers trailed by as many as 36 points on their way to a 22-point loss. During the first half, as the game spiraled out of reach, Artest vented his frustration by shouting at the coaching staff to get him the ball in the low post -- while the game was in progress.

Afterward, he applied the "boring" label to the offense, adding, "it's not real fun playing this style of basketball."

Artest repeated that opinion on occasion after losses, although at other times he'd acknowledge Carlisle's successful history and talk of the need to adjust to the system.

He did both after the Pacers' loss to Philadelphia in their home opener this season. Asked afterward if the loss had resulted from a lack of effort, Artest shifted the conversation.

"I just think it was the offense," he said. "We were just thinking too much, playing like robots. It was hard to play in coach's offense today.
"His offense was . . ."

Then he caught himself.

"We're still winning," he said. "I just have to get adjusted to it."

Artest doesn't really fit into the mold of an offense like that at this point in his career. He's packed a ton of weight and lost quite a bit of athleticism since he was at his DPOY prime with Indiana. He's not mobile or a good enough shooter to really fit into that scheme. We should implement some aspects of that offense, but I don't see us being able to use that full-time with this team. We just don't have enough pieces that fit into that style.

#28 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 30, 2012 - 06:45 PM

Just wait til allthe personel moves are finished, And we'll see what is run, I would thinlk Nash should be consulted as to what he's comfortable running.

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,773 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm assuming this was after Carlisle took over from Thomas. Can't recall the Pacers' exact offense from back then, but Ron wasn't exactly a fan of Carlisle's offensive schemes:

Artest doesn't really fit into the mold of an offense like that at this point in his career. He's packed a ton of weight and lost quite a bit of athleticism since he was at his DPOY prime with Indiana. He's not mobile or a good enough shooter to really fit into that scheme. We should implement some aspects of that offense, but I don't see us being able to use that full-time with this team. We just don't have enough pieces that fit into that style.

Has Artest really gained a lot of weight since then? I would figure he was in the 220-230 range back then around 8 years ago and currently he's at 246.5 and 8.6% body fat right now and that was near the end of the season, and that's not too bad considering the passage of time, so I don't see how much lower he could go, he's also apparently been working out and playing basketball this entire off-season so he may come in even BETTER shape when the season rolls around so I don't know if we can write him off just yet.

#30 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,224 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 30, 2012 - 07:28 PM

However, not quite sure what type of version they'll be implementing for the Lakers. Can't run a 4 out and 1 in with Pau and Drew on the floor at the same time

Which is why I think Mike Brown should consider going with Nash/Bryant/World Peace/Jamison/Pau or Bynum to close games at times. Basically, what Phil used to do by inserting LO instead of Drew to close out games during the championship runs. At any rate, if the Lakers do go with the Princeton offense Pau should benefit the most from this change. As for Nash, I'm confident he can make any offense look good with his skills except for maybe the Triangle. I'd still like to see them run pick and rolls and pick and pops with Nash instead of going with Princeton full time though.
Posted Image

#31 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted July 30, 2012 - 07:31 PM

Our roster, as currently constructed, only has 4 guys that would be a good fit under that scheme: Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Jamison. They would do very well under that scheme, but any lineup featuring MWP and Bynum wouldn't work. And we can't bring out a lineup featuring those 4 for big portions of the game unless we want the opposition to score on us at will. I don't think the Princeton offense is the answer, especially if Bynum is supposed to be a focal point of our offense. We also wouldn't be taking advantage of Nash's mastery of the pick-and-roll with this sort of offensive scheme.

I have more faith in Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant orchestrating our offense than in our numbskull trio of coaches on the bench. If we really wanted to implement this offense and stick to familiar elements of the triangle, we should have just hired Rick Adelman last summer.

L.A.K.E.R. on this front I couldn't agree more with everything you said, especially on the Adelman front.

Although I have no doubt Kobe could run the Princeton Offense, I don't think it's his preference nor does it play to his strengths at this stage of his career.

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,773 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 07:37 PM

L.A.K.E.R. on this front I couldn't agree more with everything you said, especially on the Adelman front.

Although I have no doubt Kobe could run the Princeton Offense, I don't think it's his preference nor does it play to his strengths at this stage of his career.

Kobe on the Princeton offense

"It's a great offense," Bryant told Yahoo! Sports. "It's exactly what we need. It takes us back to being able to play by making reads and reacting to defenses. It takes a great deal of communication, but that's where we're at our best: Reading and reacting as opposed to just coming down and calling sets. Calling sets make you vulnerable.

"There's so many threats, so many options, it's very tough to defend. Against the type of defenses that teams play nowadays, they load up on one side and are constantly coming with help from the weak side. The Princeton offense makes it very, very tough to lock in on one particular player.

"From my experience, those types of principles – ball movement, changing sides on the floor, everybody being involved – those are championship principles. That's championship DNA."

"Steve is going to make it easier for Pau, because he's an incredible distributor, but the system is perfect for [Gasol]," Bryant said. "His ability to pass the ball, to make plays from the high post – to shoot – is the perfect system for him.

"I'm excited for Pau because this is right in his wheelhouse."

"We're still chasing championships," Bryant said. Between now and a gold medal in these Games, Bryant still has work left with Team USA. Nevertheless, this is his farewell tour to international basketball, and soon there will be just one item left for him in the NBA, and that's catching Michael Jordan and that sixth championship."

I think Kobe loves the fact this offense is being implemented.

#33 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted July 30, 2012 - 08:00 PM

It looks good on paper, but I don't know...

Doesn't look like it's good for the knees of the older players

Edited by alec613, July 30, 2012 - 08:02 PM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#34 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,753 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Has Artest really gained a lot of weight since then? I would figure he was in the 220-230 range back then around 8 years ago and currently he's at 246.5 and 8.6% body fat right now and that was near the end of the season, and that's not too bad considering the passage of time, so I don't see how much lower he could go, he's also apparently been working out and playing basketball this entire off-season so he may come in even BETTER shape when the season rolls around so I don't know if we can write him off just yet.

Consider that he's 8 years older, past his athletic prime, and with much more mileage on his knees. 20-30 more pounds on those knees do not look good for Ron at this stage in his career. He should be looking to reduce the pressure on his knees, not bulk up like he has since arriving in LA. You can cite nerve damage and injuries from the start of last season, but the fact is that he hasn't looked anywhere near as mobile as he was in Houston in the last 3 years. He doesn't get as much lift on his jumper, his handles have become sloppier, much slower moving off the ball, and he's just not a good shooter at all.

If we had the Ron Artest from Indiana or Sacramento he could be a nice fit in that system, but not currently. I just don't see it happening.

#35 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,176 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 30, 2012 - 08:15 PM

#36 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 310 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted July 30, 2012 - 08:22 PM

Which is why I think Mike Brown should consider going with Nash/Bryant/World Peace/Jamison/Pau or Bynum to close games at times. Basically, what Phil used to do by inserting LO instead of Drew to close out games during the championship runs. At any rate, if the Lakers do go with the Princeton offense Pau should benefit the most from this change. As for Nash, I'm confident he can make any offense look good with his skills except for maybe the Triangle. I'd still like to see them run pick and rolls and pick and pops with Nash instead of going with Princeton full time though.

I knew i wasnt the only one think about a closing line up of nash/kobe/mwp/jamison/pau

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,773 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Consider that he's 8 years older, past his athletic prime, and with much more mileage on his knees. 20-30 more pounds on those knees do not look good for Ron at this stage in his career. He should be looking to reduce the pressure on his knees, not bulk up like he has since arriving in LA. You can cite nerve damage and injuries from the start of last season, but the fact is that he hasn't looked anywhere near as mobile as he was in Houston in the last 3 years. He doesn't get as much lift on his jumper, his handles have become sloppier, much slower moving off the ball, and he's just not a good shooter at all.

If we had the Ron Artest from Indiana or Sacramento he could be a nice fit in that system, but not currently. I just don't see it happening.

he actually looked good nearing the end of last season, was running pretty well and finishing fast breaks with dunks, remember the play he made on OKC before elbowing Harden?

That's pretty much what I expect to see more of, and the fact that in this off season he's been able to play basketball pretty much wherever he could and keep working out, I think coming into next year we'll see the best Ron Artest we've seen in a while. I'm not looking so much for lift in his legs when he shoots I'm looking for the arc in his shot and for it not to be flat, and it hasn't been flat for a while, even in the Am league ive been watching him in, even though he's holding back some, his body looks in good condition and his shot looks silky smooth.

So coming into summer camp and in the pre-season I think we'll see one of the better Artests that we've seen in a while, I think he'll do fine in this system mainly because he's gonna be one of the main guys that's getting to the basket or making the back door cuts, which he is still capable of doing. Even when he was dealing with injury he still was able to get to the basket.

#38 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 445 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 09:20 PM

For those saying the princeton won't work because of Drew and Ron couldn't be any further from the truth. Unless you personally know the system, it is really harsh of you to be judging it already. I personally ran the system for 4 years back when I played high school, and the beauty of it is the ability to incorporate a Big on the block, while having movement around them to keep the defense at bay. If anyone tries to double Drew, then the defense is shooting themselves in the foot. Same with Ron. All it requires is Steve to dribble at Ron to send him back door. Once he gets down to the block, he simply stops and posts up, where Drew/Pau would man the elbow of the free throw line. It's a beautiful offense, and the offensive set will definitely look a lot different from last year. It also requires everyone on offense to be engaged and make sure they are on the same page. No more taking possessions off and watching kobe go to work (well sometimes, at least).

It's a tough offense to pick up though, as there are many different options stemming from every single move. Hope Ron doesn't get as lost as he was with the triangle

Edited by Inverse, July 30, 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#39 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,753 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 09:54 PM

For those saying the princeton won't work because of Drew and Ron couldn't be any further from the truth. Unless you personally know the system, it is really harsh of you to be judging it already. I personally ran the system for 4 years back when I played high school, and the beauty of it is the ability to incorporate a Big on the block, while having movement around them to keep the defense at bay. If anyone tries to double Drew, then the defense is shooting themselves in the foot. Same with Ron. All it requires is Steve to dribble at Ron to send him back door. Once he gets down to the block, he simply stops and posts up, where Drew/Pau would man the elbow of the free throw line. It's a beautiful offense, and the offensive set will definitely look a lot different from last year. It also requires everyone on offense to be engaged and make sure they are on the same page. No more taking possessions off and watching kobe go to work (well sometimes, at least).

It's a tough offense to pick up though, as there are many different options stemming from every single move. Hope Ron doesn't get as lost as he was with the triangle

Playing through a system at the high school level is completely different on the NBA level. You don't have the same level of athleticism or defensive ability to deal with. If you have 5 guys on the court capable of moving off the ball, shooting, passing and dribbling you'll have definite success with it in HS. However, an athletic defensive team (like the Heat) is more than capable of switching and matching up at the NBA level.

The Princeton offense was used most recently by the Eddie Jordan led Wizards, Byron Scott led New Jersey Nets and New Orleans Hornets, and most famously by Rick Adelman and the early 00s Sacramento Kings. The Wizards had 3 All-Star level players able maximize movement in that system (Arenas, Jamison, Butler), the Kings had two fantastic passing big men in Divac and Webber along with great off-ball players like Stojakovic and Bibby, and both the Hornets and Nets had a ball-dominant guard (CP3, Kidd) with active players in constant movement off the ball. We currently don't have that kind of personnel to run this scheme full-time on the offensive end. You need shooters, players that are great at moving off the ball, and able passers. We have 3 in our starting lineup, the other two guys don't fit into this mold at all and will hurt us. We have one on the bench (Jamison), but he's a definite liability on defense and we can't afford to run a Nash/Kobe/MWP/Jamison/Gasol lineup for long stretches.

If we look to incorporate Andrew Bynum as a focal point in a variation of the offense, we're relying upon him to find cutters, open shooters, make mid-range jumpers, and to create looks for others. All things that he clearly isn't prepared to do at this point in his career. We're taking the ball out of the hands of Nash and Kobe and looking for Bynum to create for others. Webber and Divac could do it, Bynum can't. If we look to diminish his role, we'd have to convince him to become a defensive anchor and focus on crashing the boards for us. Good luck with that.

Pau would be an excellent fit since the Princeton offense relies upon many of the same principles as the Triangle. However, Ron wasn't too great in the Triangle and I don't expect him to be much better in this system. We've got two ball-dominant guards, a center with tunnel vision, and a SF that can't space the floor. We've got mismatched pieces on this team for that sort of offense. We can incorporate elements of the offense into whatever scheme we run, but I don't see the Lakers being able to rely upon it full-time with their current personnel.

#40 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 445 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 10:29 PM

Playing through a system at the high school level is completely different on the NBA level. You don't have the same level of athleticism or defensive ability to deal with. If you have 5 guys on the court capable of moving off the ball, shooting, passing and dribbling you'll have definite success with it in HS. However, an athletic defensive team (like the Heat) is more than capable of switching and matching up at the NBA level.

It's the same principle. Of course I know there is a difference between high school and NBA competition. You say the defense is better, then i'll counter with offensively, players are better as well. It's feeling out the offense that we're talking about. Comparing past teams to this team is completely irrelevant. Each team has its own genetic makeup. Do you think the Phoenix suns under D'Antoni wouldve endured the same success running the triangle with that certain group of players they had back in their prime? Of course not! Once again each team is different. I probably have a little more experience on this topic than you do, and the problem with your argument is that you're fixated on the one possible weakness, which is Bynum, Oh by the way, i think will strive in the offense, especially if they incorporate the Chin set, which will allow Bynum to be the screen setter but at the same time be the big slashing down to the low black on slip screens. When you have Kobe, Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol on the floor together running the princeton it is dangerous.

The princeton offense generally gets broken down into a 3 man set, while the 2 players on the weak side set flares and what not to keep the defense at bay. Once Pau/Nash/Kobe get going with backdoors, pick and pops, and slip screens, the defense won't know how to react anymore. The beauty of the princeton is it incorporates all of it. It requires high IQ players to run it, no doubt.

I see where you are coming from with Bynum of course, but I feel as if you are buying into the Princeton stereotype, and that is it's an offense for unathletic white guys who need to be a product of their offense in order to be successful. But the way I look at it is if you can take a bunch of mediocre players and put them in this system and have a winning product, imagine the success rate the Lakers have with their group of guys?

Everyone has an opinion bro, I guess I just want you to give it a chance before you start judging it. I'm a bit biased on this topic because it's personally my favorite offensive scheme, and it's one I've been studying for the past 8 years, as I've also been teaching the younger guys that come into our program. It's the way basketball was meant to be played. The Lakers obviously won't be running it every possession, only when they want to control tempo and work the shot clock against the likes of OKC and Miami HEAT. They will still have set plays for Kobe, Drew and Pau, but incorporating the Princeton will arm them with one hell of an offensive tool. Laker fans should get excited for this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users