221 replies to this topic

#61 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm honestly surprised people on this board are trying to argue Kevin Love is the best PF in the league when he's never played a single minute of playoff basketball.

All sourness aside (and this is mostly due to PF being a weak position in the NBA, KL/BG/LA too young/unproven, Duncan KG too old, Chris Bosh too suck), Pau is the best PF in the game.

#62 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Windu you're obviously too biased to even have a debate with.

Playoff games are relevant because the only games that matter are the one's played at the highest level, with the highest intensity, against the highest level of competition: playoff games.

If Pau is everything you say he is then we wouldn't have went to 3 straight NBA finals with him anchoring our defense and offense.

Pau's 'regression' has everything to do with him playing out of position. And position has nothing to do with a label (ie. 4 or 5), it has to do with his role in the offense and his positioning on the floor... low post vs high post, where and when he gets the ball on the floor, etc.

#63 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm honestly surprised people on this board are trying to argue Kevin Love is the best PF in the league when he's never played a single minute of playoff basketball.

All sourness aside (and this is mostly due to PF being a weak position in the NBA, KL/BG/LA too young/unproven, Duncan KG too old, Chris Bosh too suck), Pau is the best PF in the game.

I'm lmao at you thinking Pau Gasol is ANYWHERE NEAR being the best PF in the NBA.

Pau is not even a power forward anymore...[expletive]ing disgrace to the word "power". Just call him a forward.

Lamarcus Aldridge > Pau Gasol
Kevin Love > Pau Gasol
Serge Ibaka > Pau Gasol
Josh Smith > Pau Gasol
Paul Millsap > Pau Gasol

And even though he's not a true 4, Dirk > Pau too

Edited by Windu, July 29, 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:23 PM

Regarding Pau Gasol, most definitely, but you should've realized that a long time ago. Pretty much everyone here knows that.

yo.

#65 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,050 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:24 PM

How many times have we watched Pau get pwned by players that are smaller/shorter than he is? Repeatedly

Pau is going to get rebounds because he's tall, he's long, and he's lanky but his stature does not mean he is an elite rebounder. For one, Pau doesn't even box out sometimes and people seem to forget that rebounding has a lot to do with energy, hustle, and effort...words that I wouldn't dare use to describe Pau Gasol.

Kevin Love has never played in a playoff game? So what? How is that relevant? Look who Pau plays with and who he plays for; Now, look at who Love plays with and who he plays for...

Enough of the blame game and excuses. Pau's regression has nothing to do with him "playing out of position" (he's played at the 4 or 5 his entire career), almost nothing to do with Mike Brown's offense because that doesn't excuse Pau's softness, and lol at that bull[expletive] rhythm excuse. Rhythm my ass! Rhythm has nothing to do with getting bent over repeatedly by opposing teams.

From now on just say this

"Pau Gasol used a fadewaway while being guarded in the post by Andre Miller and missed.....enough said.."

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#66 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:24 PM

I don't believe hes the best, but I do believe his better than Pau.

I stand by my comment.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, July 29, 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#67 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:28 PM

How many times have we watched Pau get pwned by players that are smaller/shorter than he is? Repeatedly

When, specifically?

In the 3/5 years Pau's been a Laker we've competed for an NBA championship. wouldn't have happened if he was constantly "getting pwned."

We didn't lose to Dallas because Pau was 'soft' and we certainly didn't lose to OKC because Pau was being "pwned" by OKC's frontline. We lost to OKC because we had horrendous perimeter defense and and a defunct offense thanks to Mike Brown and a lack of outside shooting. Bynum's effort on defense was far worse than Pau's, especially given that his role was more important.

There's a reason we won those rings with LO and Pau anchoring our team in the 4th QT.

#68 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:31 PM

Bynum's effort on defense was far worse than Pau's, especially given that his role was more important.

Don't let Ab4Sure hear that, I mean, pointguard11. :rolleyes:

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, July 29, 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#69 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:32 PM

@MyJohnsonisMagic - I suppose reasonable minds can differ. Dirk is probably the only one who can lay claim to best PF in the NBA, but he doesn't play defense or rebound.

Over all I'm just glad Windu and Majesty aren't in the Laker front office. We'd be really ^&%$#* then.

#70 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:36 PM

@MyJohnsonisMagic - I suppose reasonable minds can differ. Dirk is probably the only one who can lay claim to best PF in the NBA, but he doesn't play defense or rebound.

Over all I'm just glad Windu and Majesty aren't in the Laker front office. We'd be really ^&%$#* then.

I wouldn't be so hard on Majesty, Windu is Windu though, gotta love him. :glasses:

#71 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Playoff games are relevant because the only games that matter are the one's played at the highest level, with the highest intensity, against the highest level of competition: playoff games.

If Pau is everything you say he is then we wouldn't have went to 3 straight NBA finals with him anchoring our defense and offense.

Pau's 'regression' has everything to do with him playing out of position. And position has nothing to do with a label (ie. 4 or 5), it has to do with his role in the offense and his positioning on the floor... low post vs high post, where and when he gets the ball on the floor, etc.

I'm not biased. My position with regards to Pau Gasol has to do with his on the court performance...PARTICULARLY IN THE PLAYOFFS.

It's ironic that you say playoff games are the only ones relevant....do you wanna reconsider that statement?

Are you [expletive]ing [expletive]ting me right now? Did you just call Pau the "anchor" of something? Let alone the anchor of our [expletive]ing defense????

Pau's regression has to do with him turning what was once an easy 5 footer into a difficult wannabe Dirk 15 footer, Pau's regression has to do with him getting bent over REPEATEDLY by players like Kenneth Faried, Pau's regression has to do with him allowing 6'9 players to guard him, Pau's regression has to do with two straight playoff disappearances.

I'm not even gonna bother citing his [expletive]ing pathetic playoff numbers again. Every time I look at em I vomit in my mouth.

Edited by Windu, July 29, 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Don't let Ab4Sure hear that, I mean, pointguard11. :rolleyes:

That account of his is banned if I'm not mistaken. Let's stick to his current one that's still alive.

yo.

#73 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:40 PM

That account of his is banned if I'm not mistaken. Let's stick to his current one that's still alive.

I know, I just can't believe he was allowed to just get another account and keep posting.

RD has his reasons though, I'm not judging the decision at all, I just personally wish he wasn't with us anymore.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:42 PM

I know, I just can't believe he was allowed to just get another account and keep posting.

RD has his reasons though.

Honestly, what's more baffling to me is that I can't think of anyone else who's been allowed to do the same, but like you said, RD must have his reasons so tis what it is.

yo.

#75 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:44 PM

I made a vow not to engage in another conversation with you after you stated Millsap is a better player than Pau.

I hope the consensus on this board doesn't reflect the the views of the more vocal Pau haters, Bynum lovers. After Kobe, Pau's the reason we won back to back titles. He's a winner and one of the special talents in basketball. Anyone who blames the last two playoff losses on him is beyond help, especially last season (Mike Brown).

He's definitely been frustrated recently, but it's nothing like everyone here is making it out to be. I'm a loyal fan and (like Kobe) I'm sticking by Pau. When we win another ring next year all the idiots wanting to trade him for FOTM players will remember why.

#76 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,050 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'm not biased. My position with regards to Pau Gasol has to do with his on the court performance...PARTICULARLY IN THE PLAYOFFS.

It's ironic that you say playoff games are the only ones relevant....do you wanna reconsider that statement?

Are you [expletive]ing [expletive]ting me right now? Did you just call Pau the "anchor" of something? Let alone the anchor of our [expletive]ing defense????

Pau's regression has to do with him turning what was once an easy 5 footer into a difficult wannabe Dirk 15 footer, Pau's regression has to do with him getting bent over REPEATEDLY by players like Kenneth Faried, Pau's regression has to do with him allowing 6'9 players to guard him, Pau's regression has to do with two straight playoff disappearances.

I'm not even gonna bother citing his [expletive]ing pathetic playoff numbers again. Every time I look at em I vomit in my mouth.

12/8

#77 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's right, spew that weak [expletive] instead coming with something factual.

I don't have to post those playoff numbers again. If you understood what you were watching when the games were on, then you knew Pau was getting analized.

All you're gonna say is but but but he's so skilledddddd but but but it was the system but but but his two playoff houdini's should be excused because he helped us win a championship but but but he'll grow some balls now that nash is here.

You can have the soft marshmellow-y spaniard and I'll take the gritty, tough, hardworking american in paul milsap.

Edited by Windu, July 29, 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#78 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Right? So two playoff runs on deeply flawed teams, one of which he was schemed out of the offense, invalidates two championships and and three straight finals runs, single-guarding DH12, 18.3/10.4, including a 19/18 game 7 against Boston?

#79 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'm not going to use how he's played in the past to excuse how he's playing now.

The excuses are weak and pointless. This is the NBA and players adjust to new systems sometimes but...not all of them are getting paid 20 million dollars a year to put up bench player numbers.

It's not the team's fault Pau was getting bent over by everyone and their mamas. Grow some balls and play some [expletive]ing defense against someone 4 inches shorter than you. Act like you wanna be out there, show some [expletive]ing concern on the bench instead of giving the "I don't give a [expletive] andrew bynum" look.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#80 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,050 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Right? So two playoff runs on deeply flawed teams, one of which he was schemed out of the offense, invalidates two championships and and three straight finals runs, single-guarding DH12, 18.3/10.4, including a 19/18 game 7 against Boston?

Who was on the Phil Jackson team that wasn't there when they won the championship the year prior? Did they lose anyone of significance? That plus a Lamar Odom on his team was playing his GREATEST BASKETBALL IN YEARS! and won sixth man of the year award. So tell me what was so deeply flawed about the team that got swept by the Mavericks? What significantly were they missing?

You're running out of excuses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users