221 replies to this topic

#21 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 29, 2012 - 06:47 AM

A Tame beast maybebut no nasty in him, he will be doctor probably after career is over. needed to play for food when younger, you can't get punked out and then be a beast cause you did some reps, lol. Any improvement is welcomed however slight.

#22 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,682 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2012 - 07:45 AM

You guys enjoy this right?
Jesus...
Posted Image

#23 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:09 AM

Next on FirstTake:

Skip Bayless: "Pau. Gasol. is. soft. I've said it before, I'm saying it again on the record." *raises his right hand, shakes his head* "Tiago Splitter is a better player than him."

Stephen A Smith: " WhaaaAaAat That's OUTRAEGOUS YOU ShOuLd Be AsHaMeD of YoUrSeLf. Pau Gasol is a
manchild. He's a beast. Just look at his eyes."

Skip Bayless: "Well, he looks like a llama to me." *hand
gestures*

Stephen A Smith: "Oh stop it. Just stop it."

and some more repetition.

This is great lol

#24 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:10 AM

Kobe's reaction:

Posted Image

#25 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,682 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:22 AM

Kobe's reaction:

Posted Image

Kobe's reaction, or YOUR reaction? I think Kobe has been pretty clear what he thinks, but you guys won't accept it, because of your thick heads.
Posted Image

#26 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:35 AM

....Gasol using Beast to describe himself just shows what an arrogant, self indulgent, self promoting, person he is. So many think about Gasol and what a nice guy he is, sorry, I see him as a spoiled brat. He grew up privileged, his family has money, Gasol was always the best Spanish player growing up, he was coddled like all stars are, he does not know what it is to struggle to work hard, he views himself as "elite". He never takes blame it is always someone else's fault. .....the only thing that is a beast about Gasol is he looks like a beast..That stragly ass beard and that stragly ass mop on his head.
.... Gasol was 0 for 12 in playoff games (3 times broomed out of the playoffs) when he was the number one option in Memphis...He was so lucky to get to play with Kobe and the Lakers and to be coached by PJ. His contribution to 2 championships should not be overlooked, but what is so disturbing is that the Lakers rewarded him with a superstar contact and Gasol has not in any way shape or form rewared the Lakers and Lakers fans by playing with heart and effort no matter what the circumstances are. I will never forget Pj pounding on Gasol chest to try to get him to make some kind of contribution to the team. PJ had never reacted to a player like that, that will forever be imprinted into this Laker fan mind, it was very telling about Gasol and his character!
.....Gasol refering to himself as a beast is just flat out over the top!

.... I hope Gasol plays well in the Olympics to up his trade value because not only is he not a pf but if Gasol if starts the season and shows a lack of hussel or lack of playing with heart and soul it will be a disaster. He needs to be moved for his own good as well, he needs a fresh start. He has talent, no doubt about that, but it is as a center, the Lakers now have a young allstar center, Gasol does not fit, the lakers are spending 36 mil on two centers, that is a waste of money...
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#27 Rellz

Rellz

Rookie

• 17 posts
  • Name:Ricky
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Caron Butler

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:40 AM

unbelievable

There you go folks he's gone mad.

#28 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:48 AM

Kobe's reaction, or YOUR reaction? I think Kobe has been pretty clear what he thinks, but you guys won't accept it, because of your thick heads.

None of us know Kobe personally so no, things aren't clear on what he thinks.

He can tell the media one thing, but remember, Kobe is very cautious about really telling it how it is ever since this incident.

When it comes to one of his teammates anyways, he probably calls them out personally now, and not through the media.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, July 29, 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#29 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,682 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 10:02 AM

....Gasol using Beast to describe himself just shows what an arrogant, self indulgent, self promoting, person he is. So many think about Gasol and what a nice guy he is, sorry, I see him as a spoiled brat. He grew up privileged, his family has money, Gasol was always the best Spanish player growing up, he was coddled like all stars are, he does not know what it is to struggle to work hard, he views himself as "elite". He never takes blame it is always someone else's fault. .....the only thing that is a beast about Gasol is he looks like a beast..That stragly ass beard and that stragly ass mop on his head.
.... Gasol was 0 for 12 in playoff games (3 times broomed out of the playoffs) when he was the number one option in Memphis...He was so lucky to get to play with Kobe and the Lakers and to be coached by PJ. His contribution to 2 championships should not be overlooked, but what is so disturbing is that the Lakers rewarded him with a superstar contact and Gasol has not in any way shape or form rewared the Lakers and Lakers fans by playing with heart and effort no matter what the circumstances are. I will never forget Pj pounding on Gasol chest to try to get him to make some kind of contribution to the team. PJ had never reacted to a player like that, that will forever be imprinted into this Laker fan mind, it was very telling about Gasol and his character!
.....Gasol refering to himself as a beast is just flat out over the top!

.... I hope Gasol plays well in the Olympics to up his trade value because not only is he not a pf but if Gasol if starts the season and shows a lack of hussel or lack of playing with heart and soul it will be a disaster. He needs to be moved for his own good as well, he needs a fresh start. He has talent, no doubt about that, but it is as a center, the Lakers now have a young allstar center, Gasol does not fit, the lakers are spending 36 mil on two centers, that is a waste of money...

Haters all around...
Posted Image

#30 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2012 - 10:15 AM

Haters all around...

"Gasol using Beast to describe himself just shows what an arrogant, self indulgent, self promoting, person he is. So many think about Gasol and what a nice guy he is, sorry, I see him as a spoiled brat. He grew up privileged, his family has money, Gasol was always the best Spanish player growing up, he was coddled like all stars are, he does not know what it is to struggle to work hard, he views himself as "elite". He never takes blame it is always someone else's fault. .....the only thing that is a beast about Gasol is he looks like a beast..That stragly ass beard and that stragly ass mop on his head." -Disturbed

^ I can see how the above can be perceived as hating, but he was pretty on point after that was off his chest.

#31 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• 620 posts
  • Name:IllWill
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Nick the Quick

Posted July 29, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Pointing out the truth can be perceived as hating. But not in my eyes

#32 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 10:48 AM

Haters all around...

... I do not hate someone I have not experienced personally, I hate the fact that the Lakers have paid Gasol superstar money and he cannot even play with heart and soul, give that ultimate effort on the court. Also, the fact that I believe he is spoiled does not mean he is not a decent human being off the court
It is all about Gasol the basketball player that has taken our money and not given his maximum effort on the court, I hate that!

I see that Gasol is your fav Laker, it is sad that he has become such a polarizing figure and his latest comment certainly does not help.
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#33 OH-IO-LA

OH-IO-LA

Rookie

• 118 posts
  • Name:jason
  • Fan Since:1980's

Posted July 29, 2012 - 11:04 AM

Kind of anticlimactic after all the build up.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Oh he definitely mad.

yo.

#35 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted July 29, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Wow, I have no idea where you got that impression. It seems like your own dislike for his perceived lack of effort is blinding you. When did he every blame someone for his mistakes? From what I've seen Pau is very liked by his teammates.
I mean I'm honestly curious when did Pau came of as arrogant and self promoting to you.
Someone saying "I'm a beast" does not mean the person himself is arrogant and self indulgent.
You can't claim a person as self indulgent for one comment, and ignore all the selfless things he's done. It's not like you know the guy personally.
Sorry just my mind is blown at how you came to this conclusion.

Edited by JSaber20, July 29, 2012 - 11:31 AM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#36 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 12:52 PM

Wow, I have no idea where you got that impression. It seems like your own dislike for his perceived lack of effort is blinding you. When did he every blame someone for his mistakes? From what I've seen Pau is very liked by his teammates.
I mean I'm honestly curious when did Pau came of as arrogant and self promoting to you.
Someone saying "I'm a beast" does not mean the person himself is arrogant and self indulgent.
You can't claim a person as self indulgent for one comment, and ignore all the selfless things he's done. It's not like you know the guy personally.
Sorry just my mind is blown at how you came to this conclusion.

Have you not heard Gasol being interviewed when he has said I did not get my touches on a nite when Kobe took alot of shots and missed alot of shots. That is a direct shot at Kobe. And just recently he was being interviewed by the Spanish press when he talked about how the coaches never really included him in the offense and how hard it was for him to adjust. That was another excuse. All the laker players played under the same circumstances, but Gasol is special because he stunk in the playoffs for the second year in a row. You think Kobe really likes Gasol, then why didn't Kobe included Gasol when he was asked about what Lakers players he could count on to give their all during this years playoffs, something to that effect, and Kobe only included MWP. And now the soft Gasol feels like a beast, plaese beast and Gasol, that's like trying to mix water and oil. Gasol talking about himself and using Beast, that is off the charts.. That is arrogant and self promoting!
Did you not see PJ pounding Gasol in the chest two years ago? Pj was totally frustrated with the effortless Gasol. Gasol has put up very good regular season numbers two years in a row and then folded in the playoffs. Please explain that....Many Gasol supporters blame the coaches, just like Gasol does this year, some Gasol supporters say he was tired (two years ago). So what is your opinion for Gasol play in the last two playoffs, the guy makes superstar money.
Abraham Lincoln

#37 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 29, 2012 - 02:10 PM

I really love Paus skills . I hope he gets his luck this year

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 29, 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm stunned...I really am. I don't know what more to say about the guy

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted July 29, 2012 - 03:37 PM

Not to incite things even more, but.... Pau Gasol is probably the best power forward in basketball. I'll take him over 6'9" Kevin Love and his .448 % shooting and no defense. Or Blake Griffin's i-dunk-alot-but-get-shut-out-in-the-playoffs-when-teams-can-game-plan.

#40 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2012 - 03:44 PM

Not to incite things even more, but.... Pau Gasol is probably the best power forward in basketball. I'll take him over 6'9" Kevin Love and his .448 % shooting and no defense. Or Blake Griffin's i-dunk-alot-but-get-shut-out-in-the-playoffs-when-teams-can-game-plan.

Rebounding IS part of defense, just because Kevin isn't a great shot blocker or low post defender (yet) doesn't mean he doesn't play D.

Kevin Love, IS, a better power forward than Pau.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users