221 replies to this topic

#181 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,699 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 12, 2012 - 04:26 PM

I can't wait for the Pau and Nash pick n' roll..
oh and dwight and Nash pick n' roll aswell :D

#182 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 12, 2012 - 04:30 PM

He was the best player on the floor today. Hopefully these Olympics charge him up like the last ones did. He was pretty meh in the '08 Finals but came back with a vengeance after the Olympics on the way to back-to-back titles. Hoping we see more of this Pau Gasol come November.

#183 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,160 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 12, 2012 - 04:32 PM

He was the best player on the floor today. Hopefully these Olympics charge him up like the last ones did. He was pretty meh in the '08 Finals but came back with a vengeance after the Olympics on the way to back-to-back titles. Hoping we see more of this Pau Gasol come November.

Thing is, I think Pau will see more single coverage. But after today I don't want to see anymore Faried mishaps. He showed, what we all know, when he decides to play the post and stay aggressive he is the most "skilled" PF in the game and is unstoppable 1 on 1. How great he can be is the reason people get so frustrated with him when he doesn't play up to par. If Gasol wanted to he could average 20 points 11 rebounds and 8 assists in a season. It's about him doing that which is the factor.

Though what CP3 did to him was nasty :laughing: if Dwight is in the lane he won't have to worry about the finish happening.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#184 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted August 12, 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm cautious because he played well last summer on the Spanish team too, and then well last season happened. But I'm putting a large chunk of that blame on Bynum camping in the lane and the failure of the 4 out 1 in offense. I think with Howard, Nash, and the Princeton offense, we'll see a rejuvenated Gasol, provided he is willing to take advantage of the opportunity and channel his inner beast :P

#185 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:05 PM

The Pau Gasol that played today is the Gasol we want. This is the Gasol that helped win 2 championships and is the most skilled big in the game and worth 19 million. Hopefully this Gasol decides to play for us next season especially the playoffs. We can only wish for it to happen.

#186 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,160 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:07 PM

The Pau Gasol that played today is the Gasol we want. This is the Gasol that helped win 2 championships and is the most skilled big in the game and worth 19 million. Hopefully this Gasol decides to play for us next season especially the playoffs. We can only wish for it to happen.

Coincidentally, he was most effective when Marc and him weren't playing in the same lineup today. Actually the entirety of Spain played better when it wasn't Marc and Pau in the middle and was just pau.

Edited by Majesty, August 12, 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#187 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

#188 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:24 PM

Gasol when it counted most in the 4th quarter was where? Please, Gasol plays well every year for Spain right, nice little short 10 game season. WOW! We heard the exact same thing last season, some went even so far to post pictures of Gasol working out in the weight room.
The reality is The NBA season is 100 physical games, I can here the Gasol excuses now he was "tired".....
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#189 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:27 PM

My thoughts exactly
Posted Image

#190 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,160 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Gasol when it counted most in the 4th quarter was where? Please, Gasol plays well every year for Spain right, nice little short 10 game season. WOW! We heard the exact same thing last season, some went even so far to post pictures of Gasol working out in the weight room.
The reality is The NBA season is 100 physical games, I can here the Gasol excuses now he was "tired".....

It's all mental with Gasol, but in the Princeton he'll be called upon for his passing and setting people up and taking open opportunities style. He won't need to create for himself much he'll be asked to create for others and take openings when they present themselves and he'll be single covered or not at all with Dwight in the lane so...

#191 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted August 12, 2012 - 05:53 PM

Coincidentally, he was most effective when Marc and him weren't playing in the same lineup today. Actually the entirety of Spain played better when it wasn't Marc and Pau in the middle and was just pau.

Yeah they played their best when Pau and Ibaka where their bigs on the floor. Pau and Mark together are like Drew and Bynum theres size but not enough speed and lateral quickness. Pau and a athletic big always mesh better like with Odom in the championships and even with Hill last year. Thats why I'm looking forward to next year with Howard. Hopefully the Princeton offense will allow them both time on the low block especially Pau because that's his biggest strengh.

#192 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 01:17 AM

It's all mental with Gasol, but in the Princeton he'll be called upon for his passing and setting people up and taking open opportunities style. He won't need to create for himself much he'll be asked to create for others and take openings when they present themselves and he'll be single covered or not at all with Dwight in the lane so...

Gasol is a 20 mllion dollar a year mental man, Sorry man, I have zero respect for Gasol the basketball player. I believe you are right about the mental part, but in my opinion it is a huge negative.
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#193 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted August 13, 2012 - 05:24 AM

What did Pau end up with 20pts? Isnt that the same Pau we are used to = explodes for 10-15pts one qrt and then does next to nothing the other 3 qrts scoring wise.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#194 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 13, 2012 - 05:47 AM

Gasol got marched to the line throughout the 3Q in Sunday's game. He was sharp, but he also got treated with kid gloves.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#195 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 13, 2012 - 06:23 AM

which won't happen in the NBA

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:14 AM

^ Good point you two. I agree. Pau in general, is one of the least respected star type players in the league by refs. Don't know the reason, but it is fact. I've seen it way too often and it's part of the reason actually he struggles sometimes call it excuses or not, it's legitimate.

yo.

#197 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm cautious because he played well last summer on the Spanish team too, and then well last season happened. But I'm putting a large chunk of that blame on Bynum camping in the lane and the failure of the 4 out 1 in offense. I think with Howard, Nash, and the Princeton offense, we'll see a rejuvenated Gasol, provided he is willing to take advantage of the opportunity and channel his inner beast :P

Gasol put up very good regular season numbers the past two seasons and STUNK in the playoffs and it's Bynum fault. What a joke!
Abraham Lincoln

#198 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:59 AM

Or just Marc.....
Abraham Lincoln

#199 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 11:01 AM

What did Pau end up with 20pts? Isnt that the same Pau we are used to = explodes for 10-15pts one qrt and then does next to nothing the other 3 qrts scoring wise.

Yep, when the going get's tough.....where is Gasol!
Abraham Lincoln

#200 Vimes

Vimes

Rookie

• 272 posts
  • Name:Miguel

Posted August 24, 2012 - 04:17 AM

....Gasol using Beast to describe himself just shows what an arrogant, self indulgent, self promoting, person he is. So many think about Gasol and what a nice guy he is, sorry, I see him as a spoiled brat. He grew up privileged, his family has money, Gasol was always the best Spanish player growing up, he was coddled like all stars are, he does not know what it is to struggle to work hard, he views himself as "elite". He never takes blame it is always someone else's fault. .....the only thing that is a beast about Gasol is he looks like a beast..That stragly ass beard and that stragly ass mop on his head.

This just proves you just don't have a clue what you're talking about. ¿Privileged? His mom's a doctor and his dad's a nurse. Spain is not America, man, doctors here don't make millions, they are middle class at best. Doctors working for the public health system make (and I'm being super generous here and using the highest numbers) roughly 90000$ a year, nowhere near the 200000-500000 they make in the US.
Gasol was never the best Spanish player growing up, Navarro was better BY FAR. Gasol was not even a starter in the junior world cup in Lisbon 1999 when they beat the US. Reyes started while Gasol was a sub. in 1999 he played his first games as a pro (actually 4 games in the whole league, he just bench-warmed all the others) He kind of surprised everyone in the KIng's Cup finals in 2001, before that no one knew his name.
He probably doesn't know what it is to struggle or work hard, but he studied in medical school and at the same time trained with a professional team, using the bus to go from one place to the other.
You don't like the way he looks? Fine, I have nothing to say about that.
He's probably an "arrogant, self indulgent, self promoting person" but he spends his summers working in Chad, Ethiopia or Kenya helping others, and is an ambassador for UNICEF. I'll take that over a respectful human being sitting on his couch doing nothing.
If you don't want to be seen as a hater, don't hate, or at least base your hatred on facts, not lies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users