Photo

Comedy Central's 'Tosh.0'

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

• 40,373 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Anybody watch this at all?

Posted Image

Edited by    , July 26, 2012 - 07:50 PM.

yo.

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 26, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Love the show. Daniel Tosh's stand up is twice as good. If you haven't watched it, it's a must.

• 40,373 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 08:06 PM

I haven't seen nor even knew about it much until recently I had a younger cousin come over and he wanted to see it so I watched it with him. It's definitely interesting/entertaining to an extent, but what stood out to me most right away was just thinking instantly how controversial this guy must be and if he's really like that all the time or most of the time in real life cause if he is, then it's safe to say, he's probably a major douche, for good or for worse, lol.

Is he though? Or is it really just all an act for the cameras, but in real, he's calmer & closer to normal?

Also, I read up on his wiki and apparently he suffers from a mild form of social anxiety. I found that interesting.

Then stumbled across something even more interesting & disturbing really if somehow true, but there's a supposed real claim from him that soon, I believe as early as 2013, he will either commit suicide or simply retire and vanish to a remote island/beach. There's even a site dedicated to this counting it down supposedly that I believe he himself made.

Is any of this true whatsoever, or what's the deal with that? How could he even come up with such a thing?

Lastly, the first thing that popped up as I first googled his name, were supposed insinuations that he might be homosexual? Any truth to that?

yo.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 08:26 PM

I haven't seen nor even knew about it much until recently I had a younger cousin come over and he wanted to see it so I watched it with him. It's definitely interesting/entertaining to an extent, but what stood out to me most right away was just thinking instantly how controversial this guy must be and if he's really like that all the time or most of the time in real life cause if he is, then it's safe to say, he's probably a major douche, for good or for worse, lol.

Is he though? Or is it really just all an act for the cameras, but in real, he's calmer & closer to normal?

Also, I read up on his wiki and apparently he suffers from a mild form of social anxiety. I found that interesting.

Then stumbled across something even more interesting & disturbing really if somehow true, but there's a supposed real claim from him that soon, I believe as early as 2013, he will either commit suicide or simply retire and vanish to a remote island/beach. There's even a site dedicated to this counting it down supposedly that I believe he himself made.

Is any of this true whatsoever, or what's the deal with that? How could he even come up with such a thing?

Lastly, the first thing that popped up as I first googled his name, were supposed insinuations that he might be homosexual? Any truth to that?

His stand-up is not so much controversial as it is him being just a dick to be honest.

I'm not sure if the back ground on him, but I know he does a lot of things to get reactions out of people.

You have to have a certain sense of humor for him, like you do with certain comedians. He's more of someone who makes light of social issues.

• 40,373 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 08:30 PM

^ Wish you could've & would've answered all of my questions, but thanks for answering some & giving me a better insight.

yo.

#6 kfreud

kfreud

Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted July 26, 2012 - 08:55 PM

He really did make that claim, but I'm sure as with most of his act it was more for shock value than anything else. And the homosexuality thing is largely a product of the way he acts, no one knows really. His humor is hit and miss for most people but college and high school kids love it. He's like Norm MacDonald in that he'all make pretty blunt statements and let the audience react as they will.
Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#7 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,407 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 27, 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hilarious show.....get to see his stand up in like 2 weeks.

• 40,373 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 09:33 AM

^ Just be careful and try to make sure he doesn't target you, lol.

yo.

#9 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,080 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted July 27, 2012 - 05:47 PM

I watch this pretty often, I'd say like 3 times a week. Funny show with a funny host.

Not really a fan of his stand up comedy tho.

My fave clip all time is the middle eastern dude that slaps his wife like 4 times while dancing.

Here it is:

#10 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,407 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 28, 2012 - 07:32 AM

^ Just be careful and try to make sure he doesn't target you, lol.

I wouldnt care......some of my friends have the same type of humor so I can take a joke or two.

#11 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted July 28, 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm a fan, but the show has gone downhill since season 1. I feel like he's running out of material.

Posted Image

#12 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:00 AM

Seems to be the same show since season 1, there just isn't enough videos on the net that compare to those shown in the earlier seasons.

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 01, 2012 - 08:02 AM

Seems to be the same show since season 1, there just isn't enough videos on the net that compare to those shown in the earlier seasons.

Well unlike the rip off show Ridiculousness or however you spell it, this show doesnt revolve around the clips. Having a funny clip always helps but its the comedy from Tosh that really makes the show. I still think the show is pretty funny even after a few seasons. I think the only thing this show has shown us is that tosh has some good writers for his show, but must write his own stand up material since its not nearly as funny. :laughing:

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#14 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 08:43 AM

I watch his show time to time when I come across it, its pretty funny.

The North Remembers

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 01, 2012 - 08:50 AM

You saying Tosh is gonna pull a Chappelle??

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,373 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 05:16 PM

On that show 'Ridiculousness', my goodness, that chick (whatever her name is) is so damn annoying, especially her laugh. I mean it's not as bad as Maria Menounos', but still, geez.

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/pirate-kiss---uncensored?xrs=share_copy

lol

:laughing:

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users