16 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2012 - 10:35 PM

https://twitter.com/...014979142541312

BREAKING NEWS: #Dodgers agree on trade to acquire Hanley Ramirez from #Marlins, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me. @MLBONFOX

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 10:36 PM

Lol dude look at my post a minute before it was announced in the Dodgers thread. Yes!!!!!!!

#3 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,360 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 24, 2012 - 10:42 PM

YES!!!!! finally some more help!!!! :rock: :rock:

#4 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 10:47 PM

We gave up Nathan Eovaldi apparently. I like Nathan but hes not ready yet. We got Randy Choate also in the deal, one more lefty reliever!

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 10:56 PM

We gave up Nathan Eovaldi apparently. I like Nathan but hes not ready yet. We got Randy Choate also in the deal, one more lefty reliever!

I like Eovaldi too but like you said he's not ready and you never know how pitching prospects pan out. Ramirez is already proven. 14 homeruns and 47 RBI's this season is going to be a welcome sight for this offense.

#6 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted July 24, 2012 - 11:06 PM

HELL YES THANK YOU JESUS!!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#7 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 24, 2012 - 11:24 PM

You guys are aware of Hanley's attitude, lack of hustle, awful contract and his rapid decline these past two years right? I'm not saying he can't hit anymore, but he comes with baggage. I wouldn't want him on my team and this is coming from a guy who has to watch Alberto Callaspo play every night.

Maybe now that he's playing for a team that people actually care about will make him perform better.

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 11:35 PM

You guys are aware of Hanley's attitude, lack of hustle, awful contract and his rapid decline these past two years right? I'm not saying he can't hit anymore, but he comes with baggage. I wouldn't want him on my team and this is coming from a guy who has to watch Alberto Callaspo play every night.

Maybe now that he's playing for a team that people actually care about will make him perform better.

This is LA. There is expectations of winning and its a completely different environment than Miami. We can handle the drama here, Manny Ramirez was here 3 years ago and we did just fine. He'll get to play his favorite position at short stop and he wont be pressured so much to carry the teams offense. He'll be the 3rd best hitter in the lineup after Kemp and Ethier and he already has the most Home Runs on the team...14, tied with Matt Kemp. We literally have a black hole at 3B so this is huge

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 11:35 PM

He's coming with baggage but we also dealt with Manny Ramirez for a few years too.

Already a positive is that he's told the Dodgers he's willing to play SS or 3B, something he fought the Marlins on when Reyes signed.

It's a low risk, high reward deal for the Dodgers. He's 28 years old and let's face it, it's a monumental upgrade when you consider he's going to replace Juan Uribe, who is batting .190.

Every deal has its negatives but for the price the Dodgers paid, it's a steal for the Dodgers. His attitude could change, many people in the Miami organization said he needed a change of scenery so we'll see how he acts on a winning ball club.

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 11:37 PM

RT @JonHeymanCBS: hanley said to be thrilled by deal to #dodgers. also probably happy to play SS again, likely spot until dee gordon returns

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 11:53 PM

Another plus for this deal... We have Hanley under contract until 2015.

Dodgers apparently did not ask the Marlins to pay any of his salary, they took the whole contract. Our owners have money! *tears*

#12 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted July 24, 2012 - 11:57 PM

Where do we rank compared to other NL teams now? Are we serious playoff contenders in y'all opinion?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#13 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 25, 2012 - 12:20 AM

Yes!!! :rock:

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 25, 2012 - 02:00 AM

Where do we rank compared to other NL teams now? Are we serious playoff contenders in y'all opinion?

We're the favorites to win the West. Matt Kemp has missed half the season, Ethier has been out 20 games and yet we're in the Wild card race. This would've been the best team in baseball had those guys stayed healthy all year. I think they're 1 year away from championship contention but they're a very good playoff team nonetheless. Just need one more starter (pick up Greinke or Garza) and we're set....our bench is rock solid with Hairston, Abreu, Treanor, etc. Bullpen has been shaky but they brought help along the way with his trade as they got Randy Choate

National League is wide open. We just need our supporting cast and young stars to gain experience, playoffs are a totally different game. This current Dodgers team is like the 2010 THunder, get to the playoffs first, learn experience and then come back stronger next year. Lots of things have to align and go right for this team to win the World Series

Edited by MDI, July 25, 2012 - 02:02 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,577 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted July 25, 2012 - 02:43 AM

Finally another bat!

Now if only we had a bat at 1b we'd be solid.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

• 40,404 posts

Posted July 25, 2012 - 09:45 AM

Not bad, not bad at all. I'm impressed. Still need at least one or more moves, but at least they addressed something.

yo.

#17 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,621 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 27, 2012 - 04:04 PM

I thought it was a good move. helps immediately.

i think the dogs got a ways to go still. MDI such a homer.

it's steps in the right direction.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users