Virus

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 12:24 PM

I use google chrome and not every time, but at times I keep getting this virus warning from google. First, I used to just get it from the off topic forum. Now, I am start receiving this message when I enter the Laker Talk. It appears that I am not the only member with this issue though

Posted Image

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#2 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted July 22, 2012 - 01:09 PM

I get that when I try to enter into random thread. I think someone posted a picture or URL that causes google chrome to do this.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#3 El Diablo

El Diablo

U Mad?

• 5,232 posts
  • Name:El Diablo
  • Fan Since:Birth aka 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2012 - 01:13 PM

Happened to me earlier today.

Posted Image

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 22, 2012 - 01:14 PM

I posted about it in the RT iirc

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2012 - 01:45 PM

Happened to me earlier today.

I found and explained the solution here: http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1141694

Bypass the malware warning to enter that thread, and read. Should be corrected soon.

EDIT:

The user corrected it. It was his avatar, and it wasn't necessarily the user's fault.

Edited by -Wade-, July 22, 2012 - 01:47 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 22, 2012 - 03:36 PM

When this happens in a topic (and it has happened a few times here), your system isn't in danger or anything...just copy the URL the warning gives you, and take note of the topic and page number it happens in, and make a post about it in the Feedback/Help section.

As explained above, it's due to an image (avy or signature) that is hosted on a blacklisted website. It's not a virus.

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,024 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 22, 2012 - 04:59 PM

I found and explained the solution here: http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1141694

Bypass the malware warning to enter that thread, and read. Should be corrected soon.

EDIT:

The user corrected it. It was his avatar, and it wasn't necessarily the user's fault.

Yea thanks for the heads up. Sorry about that guys who knew a website that had a pic of kobe dunking would do such a thing ahahah

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#8 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 05:35 PM

When this happens in a topic (and it has happened a few times here), your system isn't in danger or anything...just copy the URL the warning gives you, and take note of the topic and page number it happens in, and make a post about it in the Feedback/Help section.

As explained above, it's due to an image (avy or signature) that is hosted on a blacklisted website. It's not a virus.

Yeah, TLN is straight, they wouldn't ever be pushing out anything malicious. Real Deal pretty much nailed what to do.

Yea thanks for the heads up. Sorry about that guys who knew a website that had a pic of kobe dunking would do such a thing ahahah

Figured as much. Take it easy!

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#9 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted July 22, 2012 - 06:11 PM

this
Posted Image

#10 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2012 - 06:50 PM

i went to that site..... would i get malware?

#11 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 08:45 PM

i went to that site..... would i get malware?

Not necessarily, but I wouldn't rule it out. You can download and run a malware scan for free using MalwareBytes. I've used them for years in diagnosing malicious software problems when working on computers, swear by em' (not for a complete security suite though... stay away from Norton/Mcafee)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

Edited by -Wade-, July 22, 2012 - 08:46 PM.

wKNsigp.png

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 04:52 AM

Not necessarily, but I wouldn't rule it out. You can download and run a malware scan for free using MalwareBytes. I've used them for years in diagnosing malicious software problems when working on computers, swear by em' (not for a complete security suite though... stay away from Norton/Mcafee)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

Norton is ok

Since I've paired it with Malwarebytes, I haven't had any issues

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 06:15 AM

Norton is ok

Since I've paired it with Malwarebytes, I haven't had any issues

Norton is ok in the sense that it finds viruses. Norton is not ok in the sense that it has worse detection rates as opposed to Kaspersky,Eset,Avira,Avast,Comodo, and takes up nearly twice as much memory. Norton is very well known... so is AOL... doesn't mean it's great, it means it is popular. If you are running Norton I can slip you a UD jar and root your box no problem, they haven't corrected it yet and I can still do it on the latest version of Norton.

If you'd like to switch from Norton to a professional license of another software like Avira or Nod32, or when you are nearly out on your Norton license... let me know, I'll give you one of my spare keys for free.

Edited by -Wade-, July 23, 2012 - 06:17 AM.

wKNsigp.png

#14 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 09:36 AM

Norton is ok in the sense that it finds viruses. Norton is not ok in the sense that it has worse detection rates as opposed to Kaspersky,Eset,Avira,Avast,Comodo, and takes up nearly twice as much memory. Norton is very well known... so is AOL... doesn't mean it's great, it means it is popular. If you are running Norton I can slip you a UD jar and root your box no problem, they haven't corrected it yet and I can still do it on the latest version of Norton.

If you'd like to switch from Norton to a professional license of another software like Avira or Nod32, or when you are nearly out on your Norton license... let me know, I'll give you one of my spare keys for free.

Avira and Avast weren't so good when I had them.

Have Norton because it came free with Comcast triple package.

"slip you a UD jar and root your box no problem" lol I don't even know what that means. I'm not comfortable with you talking to me like that bruh. :|

Pau Gasol is GONE

#15 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 11:41 AM

"slip you a UD jar and root your box no problem" lol I don't even know what that means. I'm not comfortable with you talking to me like that bruh.

Uhh I just offered you a license key I paid for out of my pocket. You don't have to feel uncomfortable about anything, I'm simply stating that Norton is very easy to bypass and there is a reason Comcast offers it for free. I have Comcast, and I wouldn't use Norton even if they paid me. This is my career expertise, just thought I'd share my opinion and help you out.

Later.

Edited by -Wade-, July 23, 2012 - 11:42 AM.

wKNsigp.png

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 12:45 PM

chill out bruh. I'm just [expletive]in' with ya

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 02:55 PM

chill out bruh. I'm just [expletive]in' with ya

Your conscience must be reading my replies viciously. I'm chill... now that I have my frosty from Wendy's. ;)

Edited by -Wade-, July 23, 2012 - 02:56 PM.

wKNsigp.png

#18 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 23, 2012 - 08:05 PM

Haha, all I have on my computer is Malwarebytes and HijackThis, and if I suspect a virus and Malwarebytes doesn't seem to pick it up with a quick scan (I don't have time to do full scans on the fly), I just take some time to remove it manually. When you've been messing around with computers for almost 13 years, it's to the point where you don't want any virus protection running in the background because you're comfortable without it, lol.

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, LN is straight.

Fixed.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users