Photo

Man Of Steel (2013)

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

• 40,494 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 05:33 PM

Henry Cavill, 'Man Of Steel' Star, On The Future Of Superman, Justice League And His Love For 'World Of Warcraft'

r-HENRY-CAVILL-MAN-OF-STEEL-large570.jpg

http://www.huffingto...f=entertainment

Edited by    , June 10, 2013 - 05:34 PM.

yo.

#162 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,105 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:22 PM

945592_326305410832851_1517788830_n.jpg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#163 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 14, 2013 - 02:50 AM

Good movie, really enjoyed it.

#164 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Going to check this baby out this weekend.  I hope that the Batman fans would be more open minded and give this movie a chance.  The battle between batman and superman is well documented. Batman is a more popular "superhero" in this day and age especially for younger audience because of that vigilante aspect and batman is just much more cooler with all the cool gatchets, martial arts, combat and such.  However, Superman to me is still the most famous superhero of all time. You can asked anybody who are not into comics or anything of this kind which superhero they recognized, they will say Superman.  I understand why a lot of people are not fans of Superman. Maybe because of the "gay" uniform he tends to wear with colorful bright colors compared to the ninja like black on black colors like batman but I think Superman is an amazing superhero and tend to get a bad rep.  I actually think this movie will be better than the last Batman movie the dark knight rising.  Probably wont be better than the Heath Ledger batman but could be close.  I hope the batman people will stop being immature and embrace the new Superman era instead of making fun of it. 

Superman ftw!  

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#165 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Pretty badass

#166 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,418 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Man of Steel tonight......may be

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#167 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 14, 2013 - 01:49 PM

I've heard nothing but mediocre to terrible reviews for it from both my comic book reader friends and non-comic book people.

Superman has never been a strong character for me anyway, I'll wait to see it at home.

#168 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've heard nothing but mediocre to terrible reviews for it from both my comic book reader friends and non-comic book people.

Superman has never been a strong character for me anyway, I'll wait to see it at home.

Man of steel is essentially the lakers

Great cast, great writers, great budget

C-level director/ coach
Posted Image

#169 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 04:05 PM

Watched it last night. 

Good movie, wouldn't put it up there with The Dark Night or The Avengers but I could definitely see the series becoming better with each movie.

Biggest complaint is the horrible camera work during fighting scenes.  Many of the scenes were too fast and shaky which made me dizzy, never experienced that in a movie.  You couldn't even see what was going on in some scenes.

#170 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 14, 2013 - 05:05 PM

So you've never seen Michael Bay direct action then.

It's a device to hide lack of choreography or ideas.  The more a director leans on almost exclusive close shots on action. the less of a grasp they have on what to do during those sequences.

#171 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 05:20 PM

So you've never seen Michael Bay direct action then.

It's a device to hide lack of choreography or ideas.  The more a director leans on almost exclusive close shots on action. the less of a grasp they have on what to do during those sequences.

:laughing:

I've seen Michael Bay direct action.

But that's a perfect way to sum of this movie.  It starts off well with the story, but then it feels like it hit a dead end.  Like I said, it was a good movie, but for people that have high expectations, it's going to disappoint IMO.

#172 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,952 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 14, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Watched it last night. 

Good movie, wouldn't put it up there with The Dark Night or The Avengers but I could definitely see the series becoming better with each movie.

Biggest complaint is the horrible camera work during fighting scenes.  Many of the scenes were too fast and shaky which made me dizzy, never experienced that in a movie.  You couldn't even see what was going on in some scenes.

Sounds to me sort of like Batman Begins.

Too much shaky cam and feels like a pre-cursor to something bigger.

Then of course we got The Dark Knight. 

Seems to be Nolan's thing.    I'm guessing the second Superman movie is gonna be the ONE that hits hardest imo.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#173 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 06:37 PM

Batman begins was a critically acclaimed film, man of steel is not
Posted Image

#174 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,137 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 14, 2013 - 06:39 PM

so is it worth seeing?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#175 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,105 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:58 PM

so is it worth seeing?

Excellent movie. Critics that don't like it are probably too old. Hell, even the editor-in-chief of Rotten Tomatoes said he was surprised by the mixed reviews because it's actually a good movie

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#176 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:42 PM

I saw a critic review saying that it was missing humor and joy. That was their vision though, to make a darker version of superman. I thought it was great. Plus it's the first movie so it's most likely setting up the franchise.

• 40,494 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Snyder makes movies general audiences enjoy, but that critics dislike

I've always liked Superman.

4a311c0cd3c711e2895f22000a9e4895_7.jpg

Edited by    , June 14, 2013 - 11:38 PM.

yo.

#178 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 11:51 PM

Excellent movie. Critics that don't like it are probably too old. Hell, even the editor-in-chief of Rotten Tomatoes said he was surprised by the mixed reviews because it's actually a good movie

Except that's false. Did you actually look at the people who reviewed it. Has nothing to do with age. Has to do with some people didn't like it. Almost half of people didn't like it.

These are the same critics that loved the Christopher Nolan trilogy, the avengers, spiderman 1 and 2, iron man

There is no merit. The editor and chief of rotten tomatoes holds no more credibility than any critic. Just because he liked it doesn't make the other critics wrong.

I think this idea that man of steels poor performance with critics is related to some conspiracy, or critics being cynical and lacking the youth to enjoy it is 100% false

There is no merit to it. Just look at the numbers for other movies in the genre. Maybe it's time to realize the movie didn't deliver

And it's because of zack Snyder
Posted Image

#179 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,952 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 15, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Except that's false. Did you actually look at the people who reviewed it. Has nothing to do with age. Has to do with some people didn't like it. Almost half of people didn't like it.

These are the same critics that loved the Christopher Nolan trilogy, the avengers, spiderman 1 and 2, iron man

There is no merit. The editor and chief of rotten tomatoes holds no more credibility than any critic. Just because he liked it doesn't make the other critics wrong.

I think this idea that man of steels poor performance with critics is related to some conspiracy, or critics being cynical and lacking the youth to enjoy it is 100% false

There is no merit to it. Just look at the numbers for other movies in the genre. Maybe it's time to realize the movie didn't deliver

And it's because of zack Snyder

perhaps to him and apparently "half" the people that watch it, it did deliver.

Seems like a some loved it some were meh on it some hated it scenario.

Expecting the sequel to be better though.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#180 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,374 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 15, 2013 - 01:00 AM

man people take some movies to seriously... just looking to be entertained. I hope the movie provides that

ap1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users